1/1

Still Sailing

Chanyeol stared at the laptop screen. The news about Baekhyun and Taeyeon dating has spread thru the day. And honestly the news really iritated him. I mean, how can his roommate have been hiding this for 4 months? And most importantly, he has a huge crush on his roommate. Yes, Chanyeol has a huge crush on Baekhyun and vice versa. The members already know about their developed feelings but Baekhyun is too idiot to notice Chanyeol's feeling.

But, now, he felt betrayed. He saw photos from Taeyeon was picked him up until the last one, when Taeyeon kissed his cheek. 

So, all the things that we've done were fake?, Chanyeol talked to Baekhyun's face on the photo.

It's already 10pm. Baekhyun left the dorm today at early morning before he woke up and now the smaller is still nowhere to be found. He already called him like, for the 60th times, but Baekhyun never answer the call. And he was really furious right now. The other members already know about this news, even the leader seemed really stressed out because of the news but they never show it in front of Chanyeol, because they know how the dating news affected Chanyeol so much.

It's already 10.30pm. Chanyeol prepared to sleep, trying not to care about Baekhyun.

Like hell I care if he wants to go home or not, he has a cute new girlfriend and it's not my duty to take care of him, he has Taeyeon anyway, Chanyeol thought before put the blanket on him.

But suddenly, the door cracked open and Chanyeol can tell it was Baekhyun.

"I'm home." Baekhyun whispered, the short male walked towards Chanyeol but the latter was pretending to sleep. 

Baekhyun thought that Chanyeol is already sleeping so he just climbed into his bed and sleep, didn't know that Chanyeol grunted in silent.

 

***

 

When Baekhyun woke up, he noticed that Chanyeol had left his bed. He groaned to the pain in his head. Yesterday when he was sleeping, his manager called him because he saw the news about him and Taeyeon are dating and the manager sounded really angry so he went to his manager apartment in early morning to clear everything and after that he went to the company with his manager to talked about the dating issue. Yesterday was really a tiring day, he got scolded from many people, from his manager, SM CEO and even his mom (she called him after right after heard the news).

He have been getting out of bed and walked into the kitchen and saw that everyone were already there for breakfast but he still can't find Chanyeol. He sat on his usual seat and greeted his band mates,

"Good morning."

Jongdae placed the rice bowl, "Oh, hi Baek. Where have you been yesterday?" and sat on Baekhyun's left. 

Baekhyun smiled sheepishly, "I went to the company." And he the others saw him with explain-more look,

"...to fix...something." he continued and then the others nodded,

"Oh I see..." Jongdae nodded.

Chanyeol entered the kitchen with a wet hair, maybe he just took a bath and sat on the dining table.

Baekhyun frowned, Chanyeol didn't sat on his usual seat, next to Baekhyun. He even sat next to Sehun and greeted everyone with smile, but the smile faded when the taller eyes met Baekhyun's eyes. Chanyeol turned his attention to Kai and they chatted about Starcraft, the game that he and Kai are playing. Baekhyun sighed, and tried to chat with Jongdae.

 

Chanyeol ignored him the rest of the day.

 

 

 

It's been a week and Chanyeol still ignored him. The schedules went as usual, Chanyeol talked to everyone, even threw jokes with the others but he still didn't talk to Baekhyun.

Baekhyun frowned again. For the nth times this week.

"Chanyeol...." Baekhyun tried to calling Chanyeol's name when they sat next to each other while waiting for the show.

But Chanyeol put his earphones on and started to humming his favorite songs, then he got up and did random dance in front of Kai and Yixing, the dancing machines. Everyone laughed at his random dance.

But Baekhyun didn't.

Baekhyun concluded that Chanyeol avoided him. And he knew the reason behind it.

 

***

 

"Chanyeol..."

Baekhyun called him when they were already in their room.

The latter didn't respond, and pretend that never heard Baekhyun's call. It hurts Baekhyun. And it hurts him even more when Chanyeol pretend that Baekhyun never existed.

He could pretend that he never heard Baekhyun's call, but he couldn't pretend that Baekhyun never existed.

Baekhyun is exist and Chanyeol should admit him.

So when Chanyeol grabbed the door handle, Baekhyun stopped him. He stood between the door and Chanyeol, still with his hands on Chanyeol's arms.

"Stop ignoring me, Chanyeol...." Baekhyun said and stared at Chanyeol's eyes.

The taller stood silent for a while, then he laughed, "What? Since when I'm ignoring you? Stop being so delusional."

"I'm not being delusional, Chanyeol. You've been ignoring me for a week."

Chanyeol scoffed, "Really? Anyway, you really need to rest, Baekhyun, you've been spacing out lately and now you blabbering about me ignoring you." Chanyeol tried to evict Baekhyun, "Now sleep. Go."

Baekhyun held Chanyeol's arms stronger, "I'm not blabbering. Stop messing around and tell me what's your problem!"

Chanyeol sniffed, "Why would you care? The one you should care is your cute little girlfriend, not me." He released Baekhyun's hands on his arms and opened the door.

"She's not my girlfriend."

Chanyeol stopped.

"She's not my girlfriend, Yeol...." Baekhyun continued, "The scandal, the dating issue, it was fake... I'm not dating her."

Chanyeol kept silent.

"The photos were taken when she picked me up. She asked me to accompany her to his boyfriend's cafe. She was using me for her shield and I'm willing to do that because she's my bias and also my only good friend from SNSD." Baekhyun hugged Chanyeol from behind,

"We didn't do anything, Yeol..." 

They stood in their position until Chanyeol's deep voice broke it,

"So about the kissing?" Chanyeol referred to the photo that showing Baekhyun and Taeyeon kissing his cheek in her car.

"Some dusts went into my eyes and I asked her to blow my eyes." Baekhyun murmured, and Chanyeol didn't respond anything so he continued,

"Chanyeol, say something."

"Liar." Chanyeol responded coldy.

Baekhyun felt the tears fall when he heard Chanyeol's cold respond,

"No, seriously, Yeol. Honestly, we will try to clean everything up when the fans calm down." Baekhyun's voice cracked,

"The company going to held a presscon this weekend. Please believe me, Chanyeol." 

Chanyeol sighed, "Why should I believe you?"

"I never lied to you, and you too, so you must believe me." 

Chanyeol found the reason was really funny, he still couldn't believe Baekhyun. He never lied, and vice versa, so he must believe him? He must be kidding.

Chanyeol turned around and faced Baekhyun, he saw Baekhyun's eyes were red and wet of tears. He felt a pang on his heart when saw Baekhyun is crying because of him. He wanted to hug him and say sorry for making him cry but he tried to hold it.

"I don't know what to say, Baek." Chanyeol finally spoke, "I'm very disappointed. I mean, I'm your bestfriend for God's sake, but why you hide this from me? Am I not worth it? Am I a bad friend so you hide this for so long?"

"Noo... Nooo..." Baekhyun sobbed, "I'm afraid, Yeol... I'm afraid if I tell you about it. I'm afraid you'd get mad because I meet someone else at midnight and you'll leave me because I sneak out without telling you. I'm afraid." The smaller covered his eyes with his palms.

Chanyeol sniffed, "What's the difference with now?"

"I know.. I know..." He cried harder, "I know... I'm sorry... I should tell you at first. I'm sorry Chanyeol... I'm sorry..." Baekhyun's voice turned into whisper,

"I love you, Chanyeol... Please believe me..."

Chanyeol eyes wided about Baekhyun's sudden confession, but he didn't say anything, instead, he embraced the smaller with a tight hug, He put his hand on Baekhyun's back and it,

"It's okay..." Chanyeol said as he put Baekhyun's head under his chin, "I believe in you..."

Baekhyun stopped crying but the sobs still heard from his mouth.

Chanyeol chuckled when he heard Baekhyun's sobs, "Silly, stop crying. How could I'm not believe the person I love? My half? How could I?"

Baekhyun suddenly went silent, "W-what?"

Chanyeol chuckled again, he released his embrace and cupped Baekhyun's face, he looked right in the older's eyes, "Should I repeat it again? Yes, Baekhyun, I love you, you're my half, I believe in my half."

Baekhyun smiled, Chanyeol also smiled and unexpectedly Baekhyun surprised him with a kiss on the lips. The kiss lasted for 3 minutes, Chanyeol left a small peck at the end and looked into Baekhyun's eyes,

"I think tomorrow we must tell everyone that we're not sinking yet..." Chanyeol said, he ruffled Baekhyun's hair.

Baekhyun chuckled as he put his hands on the Chanyeol's waist, snuggled into the taller's broad chest, "ChanBaek is still sailing."

Chanyeol smiled, he also put his hands on Baekhyun's waist and brought the latter closer to him,

"Yes, ChanBaek is still sailing."

 


 

a/n:

i made this one so you will forget about BaekYeon/ByunTae thingy.

this is might be my last chanbaek fic. yes, i think i must hiatus for a while from anything contains baekhyun, chanyeol, taeyeon. everything.

maybe i must hiatus from this fangirl life. maybe. i'm going to the university this year and my mom told me that this fangirl life is really childish, i really need to stop and choose my future path.

and yes, probably she's right. oh, i think the idols are childish too. play hide and seek with us. seriously i'm developing hatred towards the couple. actually i'm not mad because they're dating. i don't care actually, they looked cute together. but unfortunately they were toying us. especially taeyeon, she created the sns ONLY for fans but lately she posted some stupid hints, baekhyun too. well done oreos.

and now taeyeon acts like she's the victim and saying that she has no intention. hell if she has no intention. she made it so obvious with her posts on instagram.  she didn't even care if the media caught them making out inside a car, and the funny part is, the car's roof was wide open. 

i'm not blaming anyone. i'm just... you know, surprised, shocked, sad, happy, disappointed, disgusted at the same damn time. idk what to do. i'm thinking about every chanbaek moments from mama era until now. how about with the loving eyes when chanyeol looks at baekhyun? the skinship? how about the moments they spent together?

well, they just a part of fanservice. ikr.

taeyeon is my bias in snsd, also baekhyun is one of my biases in exo. but happens. do they take people for fools?

anyway, if you feel sad after read this fic, try to read it again.

the ship still sailing. or at least we thought.

cheers everyone. tears and bad treats won't change everything.

 

 

xoxo -Kari