Final

Getting ready with the Jung Family~

Saturday mornings to the Jung family was always peaceful as everyone was still in their dreamland getting more sleep to make up for the mornings where they have to go to school or work, but not on this particular Saturday morning.

 

The glaring sunlight that seeps through the gaps in the curtain had woken Youngjae up. He checked his phone that he placed on the nightstand and was glad that it was only 8am.

 

“Why am I up so early? Well, back to sleep.” – Youngjae said snuggling back into the comfort of the warm blankets. “Wait, am I forgetting something?” – Youngjae sat up and check the calendar in his phone. “S***, we are going on an outing with Yongguk and Himchan. And it’s already 8am!” – Youngjae was panicking and got out of the bed. He quickly went into the bathroom that is connected to the master bedroom and freshen up before waking the father and son. As he was about to step into the bathroom, he decided that waking the duo up first would be better so that time would not be wasted.


“Yah!! Jung Daehyun! Get your a** up! We are late!”- Youngjae said as he tried to nudge Daehyun up. “Hmmmm….5 more minutes.” – was what Youngjae got as a reply. “Excuse me! Which part of we are late don’t you understand!” – Instead of waking up, Daehyun had return to his dreamland and Youngjae sighed in frustration and went to wake Jongup. “Maybe the little one wouldn’t be so difficult.” – Youngjae was so wrong thinking that Jongup was easier to get him out of bed. The boy closed the door to drown out the noise when he heard his umma screaming at his appa. Youngjae’s patience was running out as he was knocking on the door to wake the boy. (A/N: As a person who is very particular about manners, he wouldn’t just barge into someone’s room including his own son’s.) So, the only way that would get Jongup up will be bribing that little kid. And mission ‘wake Jongup up’ was done when Youngjae promise Jongup that he would get a new pokemon soft toy for him if he gets up now. The boy opened the door and was now in the bathroom brushing his teeth, getting a 5 year old boy to get himself ready was no easy task but Youngjae did not have time so he’s hoping that Jongup knows what to do. Now the only task left is waking up the person who is huddled under the blankets.

 

“5 minutes is up! Now get up!” – Youngjae pulled the blanket off the male leaving Daehyun with no choice but to get up. “Why am I up so early…. It’s a Saturday, I’m suppose to have my beauty sleep.” – Daehyun groaned in annoyance and reluctantly walked into the bathroom with his eyes still closed.

 

 

“Is it set up? *Sees his own face in the screen* Oh, it’s done.” – Daehyun was setting up the camera and was now testing it out before setting off to the zoo. He took the camera and started his own interview. “Hello everyone, I’m Jung reporter. Today, we are at the Jung residential and to start off the interview, I’m going to show you my cute wifey. Let’s go!!!”- Daehyun brought the camera into the kitchen where Youngjae was preparing snacks, “Yeobo, say hi to the camera~”- However, Youngjae was concentrating on cutting up the sandwiches to hear Daehyun. Thus, Daehyun stood in the same position for 5 minutes capturing every action of Youngjae. “Hey, are you done staring at me?  Go and pack the things or watch some tv.” – Youngjae said without looking up from the cutting board. “Haizzz, since Mrs Jung is getting angry, I suggest we get out from the kitchen before the knife comes flying towards me.” – Daehyun ran out of the kitchen laughing when Youngjae threaten throw the knife. “Moving on, let’s go and check out on my precious baby boy.” – Daehyun went up the stairs and found Jongup sited on the floor in his room.

 

“Guppie-ah! What are you doing?” – Daehyun was asking his son. “Appa! I’m packing my things into my bag. See! I even brought my dadamato and Junhong say that he will bring totomato along!” – Jongup said excitedly while waving the green-masked bunny to his appa. “Just don’t bring too many or else your bag will be too heavy. Arasso?” – His appa ruffled Jongup’s hair. “Dae ah~ I’m done packing the stuff. Would you be a dear and help me place the bags into the car? I need to help Jongup take a bath.” – Youngjae shouted from the living room. As soon as the word ‘bath’ was mentioned, it send Jongup into a frenzy as he hated taking a bath in the morning complaining ‘Umma! IT’S TOO COLD’.

 

“Jongup ah, time for your bath. You don’t want to smell bad in front of Junhong right?” – Daehyun had went down earlier to help Youngjae and now Jongup was left alone, trying to find a place to hid from his umma. “Under the table? Nah, that’s too obvious. In the cupboard? That’s it!” – Jongup made a dash to his wardrobe and seconds later, he heard his umma’s voice. “That boy, running away again. Guppie-ah! Aren’t you excited to see Junhong? The faster you are done with your bath, the faster you can see Junhong.” – Even with Youngjae persuading Jongup, the 5 year old boy still did not come out from the cupboard.

 

Youngjae was now searching for his son and as he opened the cupboard, Jongup ran out and down the stairs. Daehyun had come back from putting the things in the car and was now looking into the camera, styling his hair. “Jung Daehyun, you are one handsome guy you know?”- The father was complimenting himself and he heard Jongup running down the stairs. Daehyun was still busy with his looks without knowing that Youngjae was chasing after Jongup. That’s when Jongup ran in front of his appa (and the camera) and Daehyun could only stare at that little boy running. “Woah!” – Daehyun said as he saw Youngjae running after the boy.

 

“Ha! Gotcha! Now, let’s go to the bathroom.” – Youngjae was carrying a struggling Jongup in his arms. “Well, what a nice way to start the morning.” – Daehyun said into the camera in his hand. By the time Jongup was done, it was already 9.30am and the journey to the zoo was 30mins so they were considered quite punctual. (I guess?)

 

In the car, Jongup was playing with his bunny and the video camera that his appa had passed it to him so that he could take so pictures too. And during the entire car ride, Jongup was holding the stuffed bunny in one hand and the camera in the other. He was filming the scenery outside and occasionally; he would turn the camera towards his parents and film them not forgetting to snicker when Daehyun tried to sneak up on his umma.

 

“Junhong ah!!!!”- Jongup ran when he saw his best friend. “ Jonguppie hyung!!” – was the 4-year-old kid’s reaction. Yongguk and Himchan were waiting at the entrance of the zoo for Daehyun and his family. “Come on, let’s go in. I have bought the tickets already.” – Yongguk said. Jongup interlinked his hands with Junhong’s and both of them walking hand in hand. Youngjae took out the camera and snapped a picture of the two of them showing Himchan and giggling how cute both of them is. Both families spent the entire day at the zoo seeing different animals with Junhong and Jongup running to the animals’ enclosure every time they saw something that caught their eye. By the time the sun was about to set, Junhong was already in his umma Chan’s arms both his eyelids grew heavy and soon he fell asleep. Jongup was rubbing his eyes with his fist and the other hand holding his appa’s as they walked to the exit.

 

Both families said their goodbyes and Jongup kissed Junhong on his chubby cheeks “See you soon Junhong.” – he said softly into the sleeping boy’s ears and saying goodbye to the younger’s parents. “Jongup ah, let’s go now.” – Youngjae carried his son up and headed to the car.

 

“Did you have fun today Jonguppie?” – Youngjae asked. “Neh umma.” – Jongup replied before leaning his head onto Youngjae’s shoulders and went to his dreamland.

 

The end~


A/N: Don't hate me if this story is not up to your expectation. :)