01: Bets and Kisses

Kiss Luhan
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

01:

 

Sehun angrily slurp on his favorite chocolate flavored bubble tea as his eyes focused on a certain blonde boy, walking towards his direction. His new neighbor, Luhan.

Ever since this Chinese, pretty looking boy moved in months ago with his whole Chinese family, which Sehun took as a sign of an impending Chinese invasion on their village, Sehun can’t help but be mesmerize and be enthralled at this boy. It all started when his mom drag him to visit and welcome the new neighbor with a box full of traditional kimchi.

Sehun was bored for the first couple of minutes but when a certain doe-eyed blonde boy suddenly barge in the room and flashed him with his dazzling sweet smile, Sehun knew right there and then, he got it bad.

He did try to talk to the Chinese boy, but much to Sehun’s dismay for the very first time, he found himself speechless. So all he did that night was listen and watch with delight while Luhan animatedly, whilst struggling to talk in Korean, converse with him. Before the end of the night, Sehun believed with all his heart, he finally found his soul mate.

He made up his mind that he’s going to make Luhan like him back and maybe before their highschool ends, they’ll be dating officially.

Unfortunately his little fantasy met a certain road block, the boy’s parent enrolled their son in a Chinese school near their village as opposed to Sehun’s first assumption that the boy would certainly be at his school, a local public school, the following Monday. And to add up to his displeasure, Luhan had manage to quickly surround himself with 5 Chinese boys at his school. And within a month, Sehun found out that Luhan is pretty close with one of them who definitely looks like a bun and has a name called, Minseok

Yes, Sehun, in a short span of time, practically knows anything and everything about Luhan.

Not that he’s a stalker or anything, well, if waiting every morning for Luhan to leave for school so they could walk together and ride the same train to school, and also running as fast as he can out of school so he can wait for Luhan at the train station and have a chance to walk Luhan home, isn’t stalking. Then probably, he really isn’t. Probably, definitely ‘not a stalker’.

Sehun glanced down at his now empty cup of bubble tea. He heaved a sigh. Baekhyun was right, he probably can’t do it. How was he even sure that Luhan and that Minseok guy isn’t dating already?

“Sehun-ah, you’re here again!” Luhan said with much delight when he spots his friendly neighbor sitting at his usual bench in the train station.

“Got nowhere to go, and besides I love their bubble teas.” Sehun bobbed his head towards the small kiosk a few meters away from them. This innocent, 2x3 Bubble tea kiosk, manned by a 40ish old ahjussi, was a good excuse Sehun brilliantly thought of weeks ago. It comes handy when Luhan, like today, would ask this miraculous and odd coincident. He just hopes that before he could confess to Luhan, ahjussi wouldn’t move his business somewhere else.

Luhan smiled, obviously bought the lame excuse Sehun had just said. “C’mon, let’s go home together.” he flaps his hands, urging Sehun to stand up.

And as usual Sehun would beam with delight whenever Luhan said those words. The 15minutes run from school plus 1 hour wait in the subway was all worth it.

“I don’t get why you like to spend so much time sitting on that subway, why don’t you hang out with your friends?” Luhan asked while they walk side by side 2 blocks, which Sehun wished to be at least 5 times more, away from their street.

This is how far their friendship had blossomed since Luhan’s arrival 2 months ago, meaning casual talks in the morning and in the afternoon. Yes, pathetic. But to Sehun, it was more than enough. He doesn’t even have Luhan’s cellphone number either. But, who needs that technology when you can actually talk to them in person every school day, right?

“I prefer the subway.” Sehun honestly said. Translation in Sehun’s mind: “I prefer seeing you, rather than hanging out with my friends.”

That is why Sehun’s friend practically ignored him the first few days he was ‘not-stalking’ Luhan. However, after Sehun painstakingly explain that he wasn’t in anyway being selfish-lunatic--egoistical-insensitive (those are just a few words he heard from them) friend, instead he was just being a love sick puppy towards this guy named Luhan. By then, he has all their support, which he was more than thankful for. However, they just had to make it entertaining by daring him to kiss Luhan. Yes, KISS! How is he gonna do that when he’s even too shy to ask for his damn cellphone number? And they weren’t even in a relationship for peetsake. Friends hugs, but couples kiss. These are rules. And by that, Sehun needs to abide by the rules.

So, this is what he planned to do.

“Hyung, go out with me?” Sehun suddenly blurted as soon as they were a few steps away from Luhan’s gate.

He waited for Luhan to runaway or even laugh at him. Heck he’s even ready if Luhan suddenly punch him. But none of those happened. Instead, Luhan stopped walking and turned to face him. Sehun noticed the tinged of red that appeared on Luhan’s cheeks, brows shut right up and mouth gaped open.

“Sehun-ah..”

Oh ok, he got it, it’s a rejection. He doesn’t need to hear the rest. He knew from Luhan’s tone that he just got rejected. Sehun’s heart was broken into a millions pieces that he could even hear them falling into the cold pavement one by one. “I-I’m sorry hyung, It’s just that I like you since I first met you and.. and I know this is a long shot, but I had to try.” Sehun dejectedly said as he looked down on his tattered shoes. “Just forget what I said. Goodnight hyung.” with that, Sehun turned and crossed the street towards his house.

Sehun was mentally screaming and cursing his friends. If it wasn’t for them, he wouldn’t even dare ask him out this early. He was ready to wait for a year, heck even for a decade to swoon Luhan. But NOOO… they just had to push him. And how stupid was he to let them.

The next morning Sehun practically woke up 1 hour earlier just so he can go to school without bumping into Luhan. He even wore a big black hoodie he forgot he had just to cover his head as he walk pass Luhan’s house. He was embarrassed to the point that he even thought of begging his mother to migrate to Japan or even Canada or anywhere far away. But after actually using his brain, moving to another foreign country is beyond impossible given his parent’s annual wage. Instead he masterfully devised a plan. “Avoid LuHan at all possible cost.”

“He rejected you?!” Jongin asked bewildered as they wait for their fourth period inside their class room.

“Yeah..” Sehun dejectedly answered as he slowly laid his head on his desk and closed his eyes. He wasn’t gonna tell anyone about this. But he needed someone. And his best bud, Kim Jongin is his best option out of the 5.

“How about the bet?” Jongin said as he furrowed his brow.

Sehun let out an exasperated breathe before opening his eyes. “I still have one month to save 500,000won I’ll work at the local grocery store near our house.”

“You’re just going to give up?” Jongin asked wide eyed. “as much as I want your 100,000won Sehunnie, but this is not you! Giving up without a fight? Really? C’mon. You’re much better than this. It’s just one rejection. And anyways, you’re not even sure if he was rejecting you are not! You walk out on him before he could even finish his words.” Jongin ranted.

Sehun sat up straight and turned to face his bestfriend, who by now looks like a smoke is coming out of his nose and ears out of frustration.

“Hyung, I’m pretty sure it was a rejection, I can hear it in his voice “Sehun-ah”” he mimicked Luhan’s voice.

Jongin raised a brow. “So? Where’s the rejection in that? Tell me?... I didn’t know saying “Sehun-ah” means “sorry I don’t like you so don’t talk to me and never show yourself in front of me. Now run to your room and cry yourself to sleep!””

“You will not understand!” Sehun scoffed before standing up and walked out of the classroom.

Why did he even think Jongin would understand his situation? Jongin was never and will never be rejected. Out of 6 of them, Jongin is adored by girls and boys alike at school. No one would dare rejects him. Even if he asks their principal out on a date, they’ll be out of the school and into a fancy restaurant in no time. Well, of course it’s just a stupid joke Chanyeol made up during one of their lunch breaks. Cause, really no one in their right mind would dare asking out a 58year old, almost bald man wearing mismatch grey suit and black pants for a date. But you get the picture.

“Sehunnie, what are you still doing here? Aren’t you going to miss your ever dearest Luhan at the train station at this pace?” Chanyeol suddenly materialized out of nowhere as Sehun takes his precious time walking along the hallway. The bell rang 10 minutes ago, but Sehun still had no intention of leaving the school grounds.

“I got detention.” He warily answered without looking at Chanyeol.

“Say what?!” Baekhyun popped on his other side. “You got detention? I don’t believe you! Me and Yeolie owns detention. You, however don’t do detention. You belong to the library and of course, recently at the train station. So, spill. Why are you still here?”

Sehun stopped walking. “I AM going to detention.” he said as he showed a detention slip with ‘Oh Sehun’ clearly written on top.

Baekhyun and Chanyeol stared at the paper momentarily. Then all of a sudden Chanyeol kneels on the floor and spread both his arms up. “The world is coming to an end!” he dramatically screamed and then grab unto one of the student innocently passing by them. “Heed my warning citizen. The world is about to come to an end. Oh Sehun just got DETENTION! DETENTION PEOPLE!”

Sehun can’t help but to roll his eyes.

On the other hand, while Chanyeol is still busy warning every student walking by, yes, still on his knees, Baekhyun is busy rubbing his chin while staring at Sehun. “So, what DID you do to get detention?”

“I was caught sleeping at Algebra.”

Now it’s Baekhyun’s turn to be shocked. His eyes grew wide and lips trembled then he suddenly hugs a guy, who’s standing by an open locker beside him and cried. “My friend, Oh Sehun is going to die!! He SLEPT in ALGEBRA! Something is definitely wrong with him!! He’s dying!!”

Sehun smack his forehead. How is he friends with these idiots again?

It was almost 6 in the evening when Sehun reached the train station. Yes, he purposely fell asleep during his class so that a seat on detention is guaranteed to be his after school. Assuming that this would give him enough time to actually miss Luhan’s train and make sure he wouldn’t bump into him in this subway. He’s not yet ready to face him or even talk to him, or even look at Luhan’s face without remembering last night’s rejection. This is all part of his “’Avoid LuHan at all possible cost’ plan. He just hope and prays that he could survive at least a day without actually ruining the said plan.

Unfortunately his prayers were unanswered.

As he was weaving amongst the crowded subway station, Sehun stopped on his tracks when he spots a familiar blonde boy sitting casually on his usual bench. And to add up to his confusion, this blonde boy seems to be enjoying a cup of bubble tea.

He quickly checks his wrist watch. Making sure that he didn’t mistakenly imagined that it’s already past 6 in the evening. However, his 2 y.o navy blue Swatch tells him that IT IS exactly 6:32pm in the evening and he’s certainly NOT imagining things. So why in hell is this blonde boy here? Isn’t he suppose to be inside his house by now doing whatever he is suppose to be doing and NOT sitting leisurely while drinking that stupid tea?

Sehun thought of other ways to get out of this subway without actually passing by Luhan. But to his utter dismay, the subway engineer made sure there’s only one way towards the exit, but if he’s really desperate enough, he could ride the train again and hop off the next station and then just ride a bus or a taxi, then again, that would require him another 2000+won worth of train plus taxi fare. And it sound really really stupid.

“Sehun-ah!” While Sehun is in the middle of formulating his perfect escape plan, he heard a familiar voice calling him.

His breathe caught up on his throat as he saw Luhan waving up his hand, a wide smile plastered on his face, eyes beaming with delight. “Sehun-ah!” Luhan called out again.

As if by a mysterious magical force, Sehun slowly gravitated towards Luhan. Yes, he’s a goner.

Luhan excitedly stood up from the bench and held up the almost empty cup of chocolate bubble tea. “You were right, this is good!” he chirped, albeit struggling to say it in perfect Hangeul. Nevertheless, it was music to Sehun’s ears.

“Ahmm… y- yeah. it is.” Sehun finds himself mutter those words. He can’t help not to be mesmerized by this creature in front of him and almost immediately cursing his pathetic self for even thinking of avoiding this boy for the rest of his life. Operation ‘Avoid-Luhan-at-all-cost’ was immediately crumpled, burned to ashes and thrown out the window.

Luhan smiled up at him. Again, it never fails to make Sehun’s heart flutter for a couple of seconds.

“W-what are you doing here hyung?” Sehun asked as he unconsciously rubs the back of his neck.

Luhan pouted. This time Sehun’s heart made a whopping 360 degrees summersault. Now he’s convinced that this boy is going to be the death of him.

“You know, it’s really rude to walk-out on someone who’s talking. And last night you were very rude Sehun-ah” Luhan narrowed his eyes.

Sehun furrowed his brow. “Last night? But you clearly—“

“Clearly what? Huh?” Luhan raised a brow.

“B-but, you said—“ Sehun immediately shut his mouth then opened it again to say something but his mind seems to be having trouble thinking as of the moment, or rather his fuzzy brain decided to shut down, hence nothing came out.

“See!” Luhan flicked his tongue. “You got the courage to confess to me, but you’re too coward to hear my answer?” he shook his head disapprovingly with a hurt expression evident on his face.

“I thought you don’t like—“

Luhan flicked his tongue again, cutting Sehun’s sentence. He held up his empty hand “Give me your phone” he ordered.

Still in a daze, Sehun fished for his phone from his side pocket and laid it on top of Luhan’s hand.

For a few seconds, Luhan silently typed something on Sehun’s phone before giving it back. “Here, you should have my number if we’re going to be dating, right?”

“D-dating? Y-you you mean.. we--- we ummm.. we--“ Sehun struggled to say whilst pointing a finger back and forth in between them “We’re—you know.. we umm.. we?”

Luhan giggled. “Whatever you’re trying to say. Yes. We are.” He pinched Sehun’s nose. “It’s suppose to be me who’s bad in Hangeul Sehun-ah”

Sehun stood frozen on the spot. Luhan’s soft touch still engraved on his skin. Did he just pinched my nose?

It was too much for Sehun’s heart to handle.

Everything is happening too fast. In fact it’s too fast that his brain and his heart were having trouble processing everything. Just this morning he was ready to migrate to god knows where, and swore to erase everything about this Chinese boy in his mind. He was even weighing the option of looking for a quack doctor or anyone who could cast a spell on him and forget everything.

But now he’s thanking the heavens, he didn’t do any of that.

Sehun unconsciously pinched his arm for the nth time leaving a fresh red mark besides a couple more which is clear evidence that he’d been pinching himself for the past 10 minutes since they left the subway.

We’re dating? We’re actually freaking dating? These thoughts were in repeat mode inside his brain.

“Watch out!”

A sudden pain pierced through Sehun’s forehead and spread rapidly all over his small head. He even thought he saw a couple of small stars before he closed his eyes.

“Kwenchana Sehun-ah?

After the pain subsides, Sehun opened his eyes. He’s immediately welcomed by Luhan’s worried brown orbs. Damn. Why are you so cute Luhan hyung?

A tinged of red appeared on Luhan’s cheek while a soft giggle escaped his lips. “Thanks Sehun-ah. You’re cute too.”

“D-did I just say those out loud?”

“Apparently you did.” Luhan timidly smiled.

Sehun felt his blood drained from his body. How can he act so blatant in front of Luhan. He’s suppose to stay cool. However for the past few minutes all he did were definitely not under the definition of ‘cool’ or anything close to it.

Stuttering. bumping into a light post. and then blurting nonsense out of nowhere. SO NOT COOL.

“C’mon, let’s go home and let’s make sure you go home conscious.” Luhan winked before grabbing his hand and intertwining them with his.

It was the first time in Sehun’s life that he wished time would stand still. He was happy. Genuinely happy. He couldn’t believe that this blonde boy, who he saw months ago, stalked everyday and hopelessly dreamt of every night is finally his and holding his hand.

This couldn’t get any better.

Well, fortunately for Sehun. It did.

“Where are you going?” Sehun’s mother asked as she peeked inside Sehun’s room and instantly noticed a dozen of shirt, jeans and shorts scattered both on the floor and on his bed.

“Somewhere” Sehun answered, who’s in the middle of taking off his favorite black and white striped sweat shirt.

His mother mischievously grinned as she leaned on the door frame “Is my Sehunnie going on a date?”

“Mom~~” Sehun whined.

“What? I’m just guessing.” his mother chuckled at his embarrassed son. “Besides, you’re a grown up handsome boy. I’m sure lots of girls would love to date you. Just be careful. And by the way… if ever. I’m not saying you would. But, just in case, I want you to practice safe s—“

Sehun sprinted towards his mother and immediately clamped a hand over his mother’s mouth. “MOM! Whatever you’re about to say, please spare me this once. ok? I’m not, in any way, going to do whatever you were thinking! Not at least for the next 5 years! Sheez! Your son is still in highschool” He shouted, earning him a suppressed giggled from his mother.

Sehun’s mother is not your typical over protective mother who you see mostly on tv dramas and movies. She’s completely opposite that. And Sehun, being the only child, had to endure it for the rest of his life.

“You look good.” Luhan said once Sehun walked out of their gate, surprising Sehun and making him staggered a little.

“Hyung!” Sehun let out a sigh of relief after recovering from his initial shock.

This is unusual.

Why? Well anyone who ever knew Sehun since he was in diapers would think so too. Cause in fact Sehun barely get stunned or shock or even surprised. Even Baekhyun would confirm it after failing hundred times of pulling pranks on him. After sometime, he just gave up and concluded that maybe Sehun’s mom fed him tons of anti-stun/shock serum instead of milk when he was a baby.

That is why a tanned boy who was walking towards the rare-Sehun-got-surprise scene couldn’t help the flabbergasted-shock-amaze expression on his face.

Without taking his eyes off the two boys walking away on the opposite direction, the tanned-boy pulled his phone to his ears. “’Soo, call all the boys, we got a situation.”

It was supposed to be just an ordinary Saturday for Sehun, not until Luhan suddenly agreed on visiting the newly opened carnival downtown. Of course, Sehun did wish that this day would come, a day with Luhan and not to mention a WHOLE day with Luhan at the carnival. Cliché. Absolutely, but Sehun doesn’t care. He’s excited like a ki

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter