Saturday Nights & Sunday Mornings

Over the Moon and Back

quick author's note!:
sorry for the long wait! this is a quick one shot to start things off, and hopefully, i will be able to upload another much more LONGER one shot in the upcoming days. it's nearly done!

and another thing: some of you may or may not have noticed that i've changed the story's description + foreword--this will now be a collection of one shots instead of the simple one shot i was planning on doing. however, i will upload that one shot by the third chapter at least. feel free to request on my tumblr btw!

 

 

title: Saturday Nights & Sunday Mornings
genre: fluff. so much. fluff.
description: domestic!taoris, because who doesn't love that jfc. also i kinda wrote part of this while i was awake at midnight or so, so it's kind of lazy written hahahhahahhai'msosorry


 

 

Yifan has a certain fondness for Saturday nights.


On Saturday nights, it’s a wind down from the hectic life of being a businessman working in a stuffy office.

 

And his boyfriend certainly does make it ten times more better.

 

Zitao was like a rainstorm that swept into his life, a force that was to be reckoned with. Gentle and calming, yet demanding and forceful. In all the right ways, Yifan might add cheekily.

 

He loves how on Saturday nights, he’s greeted with his boyfriend setting up dinner with a kind smile and welcoming him home with a sweet kiss on the lips and a warm hug before clucking at him like a mother hen to eat his dinner, and no, he can’t avoid eating the carrots this time. (His pout earns him a mock slap to his shoulder.)

 

He loves how when they finally sit down to eat, Zitao’s cat (a certain devil called Luna named after Tao’s adoration for Sailor Moon—which Yifan makes fun of to this day) gives him a hiss and a good scratch on the arm before settling around Zitao’s lean legs and purring up a storm, to which Zitao sternly scolds Luna before getting up to grab the first aid kit. He loves the way Zitao is so gentle with him—it makes him want to weep, the way he is so cared for—disinfecting the wound and putting a bandage on it nicely with a tiny kiss for good measure.

 

And then, finally, when they actually do start eating, he loves how Zitao watches him for a good five minutes. He asks cheekily, “What, enamored of my devastatingly good looks?” And Zitao replies with a sigh, “Sadly.” But he knows Zitao is just making sure he eats his food well, carrots and all.

 

When Zitao digs into his own cooking, Yifan loves how he eats without a care. He eats until his cheeks are full, and Yifan is laughing while leaning across the table to wipe at his lips with his fingers and a cheesy smile and offering a "chew slowly, Zi, you’re going to choke." Zitao’s cheeks turn red and he grumbles to himself quietly as he begins to do as Yifan’s says.

 

When that’s all done and said, he loves when Zitao and him stand side by side at the sink doing the dishes, one washing and the other drying. He loves how Zitao bumps his hip with his own shyly, and he loves how red Zitao’s face gets when he whacks his boyfriend’s with the dish towel teasingly.

 

He loves it when they’re standing in the shower together afterwards. They share slow kisses and lazy laughs, Zitao rubbing Yifan’s shoulders and Yifan blowing soap bubbles at Zitao. He whispers how much he missed Zitao during the day, and Zitao responds with a kiss and says, "I missed you too, stupid." He loves listening to Zitao talk about his day at his university, eyes crinkling into little crescents when he recalls a stupid joke Jongin had told him or that one time Sehun spilled boba all over himself on accident whilst trying to flirt with the boba shop cashier.

 

Afterwards, they head to bed and he loves how Zitao immediately snuggles up to him, nose pressing into his collarbones and letting out a content sigh. Luna somehow manages to wiggle in between them though, and Yifan scowls down at the feline, much to Zitao’s amusement. He still manages to play with Zitao’s hair, talking about anything and nothing whilst Luna tries to attract Zitao’s attention.

 

Eventually, Zitao’s eyes do close, slowly, and Yifan loves how his eyelashes flutter slightly as though his boyfriend wants to catch a few more moments with Yifan. "Good night, Yifan," he says, and Yifan scoots even closer and plants a soft kiss on his lips. “Good night, love,” and sleep eventually overtakes him peacefully as well.

 

As the night progresses on, Yifan gets up to go to the bathroom and grab a water bottle on his way back.

 

His eyes crinkle fondly as he gazes down at the sight of Zitao curled up around Yifan’s favorite pillow, long legs wrapped around it securely. His hair has already become messy somehow, and his lips part as he mumbles something unknown to himself in his sleep.

 

Yes, Yifan has a certain fondness for Saturday nights.

 


 

Zitao has a certain fondness for Sunday mornings.

 

On Sunday mornings, it’s one of the days he’s off campus, and yet diligently still working on other assignments.

 

And his boyfriend does not seem to help in any sense though.

 

Yifan was like the ocean, vast and open in both love and character. Relentless in his pursuit when they had first met, and pulling him in with crooked smiles and inviting arms. Everyone likes a good chaser, Tao would like to say to justify on how he met such a puppy of a man.

 

Zitao loves when he wakes up in the morning; he’s locked in the arms of Yifan. Of course, it makes it all the more harder to wake up, especially when Yifan says sleepily, “just a few more minutes, dear.” Zitao sighs like he’s been awfully put off, but nonetheless spends the next few minutes staring at Yifan’s face up close.

 

Zitao loves how Yifan’s brow is scrunched up, as though focusing hard on continuing his dream, and how even there’s a bit of drool out of the corner of his mouth that makes Luna flick her tail in his face in disgust before daintily walking off. He presses a finger to his forehead, trying to smooth out his features, but instead leaves Yifan’s facial expression alone while laughing quietly. He loves how Yifan brings him closer to his chest, pressing him in all the more closer to his heart, as though afraid Zitao would just up and leave.

 

Eventually, Zitao does, to go through his morning routine, and he loves how Yifan stires awake immeditately and whines hoarsely. He sighs and pats Yifan’s bum patronizingly, and Zitao loves when Yifan stubbornly rubs his nose into Zitao’s pillow in an attempt to catch onto the tails of a rapidly disappearing dream.

 

As annoying as it is, Zitao loves to lug a sleepy Yifan out of bed to wash up together. He loves how Yifan hangs onto him like a child, pressing a nose to the juncture of his neck and shoulder and inhaling quite deeply. He loves how they brush their teeth side by side; Yifan occasionally bumping his shoulder into Zitao’s to which Zitao intertwines their fingers together with a frothy yawn. He doesn't miss Yifan's tiny smile in the mirror.

 

Zitao loves the feeling of caring for someone, when he starts preparing their breakfast and humming lowly as he slices fruit. He loves hearing Yifan yawn loudly behind him as he randomly bumps into things with his too tall form and cursing under his breath for it. He loves when Yifan sets down a bowl of premium cat food for Luna, which he had bought in an attempt for her to warm up to him, and scratches behind Luna’s ear tentatively, he yelps as he jumps backward barely just missing her claws.

 

He loves that when he turns around, plates in hand, Yifan’s already looking at him with a warm gaze. “What, enamored by my devastatingly good looks?” he mocks, throwing back Yifan’s words. “Terribly so,” Yifan sighs out exaggeratedly.

 

Zitao loves when they’re finished eating, Yifan scoots over and immediately demands for morning kisses. When Zitao complains that he got plenty of kisses last night, Yifan simply pouts his lips in response. Zitao loves when he finally drags himself over; his boyfriend captures his waist with his hands and sets him on his lap whilst looking at him quite expectantly.

 

Zitao squeaks and Yifan grins wolfishly. “Time’s a’tickin’, love,” he scolds lightly and Zitao bites his nose in retaliation. He gives him a teasing peck on the cheek before pulling back and Yifan growls as Zitao slips off his lap, back into the kitchen for a cup of tea.

 

Behind him, Yifan complains loudly, draping himself over the table like his life is over and Zitao laughs.

 

Yes, Zitao has a fondness for Sunday mornings.


BLUHHHHHHHHH

also, don't forget to check back on the foreword from time to time or the story feed on the side on how i'm doing with updating nawmean