That day

Don't, Please don't

A/N: I would like to inform that none of the casts own by me. Only the storyline own by me. Thanks.

 

Today was just like any other days where the Runningman were just shooting for the show, but somehow there was something different too. The shooting today revolved around the fight between the casts and the producers whereby both of the group had negotiated and agreed to a certain condition. The condition that clearly stated that if all Runningman casts can finish the missions given by the producers successfully, they might had a chance to stop the producers for giving them any water based mission again. This condition had literally boosted the casts' morale as they teamed up together with no fear of being betrayed by members and these had caused them to shout to the producer.

"WE WILL WIN!" Well, its only Kwang Soo shouting, the others member were just laughing. So with that much fighting spirit, the whole team started to move to their first destination to finish their mission. After they arrived at the location, they saw a huge tower that made from block.

"Are playing Jenga?"Jaesuk asked as the producers team nodded their head.

"Not only you will be playing Jenga like usual. This time, one of you need to stay on top of the tower while the rest of you need to take out 24 blocks from the tower." The producer said. 

"So it mean we need to each take 4 blocks out without letting the tower fell." HaHa said.

"Yes, now you need to decide who will be on top and don't worry, we will attach a wire behind the member to ensure safety." 

"I suggest Ji Hyo then." Gary said.

"Yeah, she is light enough to be stay at there." Kwang Soo nodded his head.

"But what is she fell when the tower crumbled?" Jong Kooj said in a worry voice.

"Aish, they say Ji Hyo's safety will be ensure by them." Suk Jin said as Jong Kook still hold a disaproving stance for letting a girl go to that high.

"How about we just vote?" Jaesuk suggested and everyone agreed. Jong Kook just sighed but somehow he felt someone just grabbed his hand and squished it gently. He glanced and saw it was Ji Hyo doing so. He quickly glanced around and sighed in relief.

"Yah, what are you doing? What if we get caught?" He mouthed to Ji Hyo.

"Don't worry oppa. I had make sure that everyone is busy discussing." Ji Hyo smiled at her boyfriend, Jong Kook. Yes, those two had been dating secretly for one and a half year now.

"That's good." Jong Kook said as he gently squeezed Ji Hyo's hand and brushed away Ji Hyo's hair from her face gently. 

"Oppa why are you frowning?" Ji Hyo asked as Jong Kook sighed.

"I just don't want you to get on top of this tower. What if you are hurt when you fall down?" Jong Kook frowned.

"It's fine oppa. I know that the producers won't do anything that hurt us." 

"But there's still accident."

"Oppa, just trust me okay?" Ji Hyo used her aegyo which Jong Kook can never resist.

"Fine." Jong Kook frowned again and due to his funny expression, Ji Hyo giggled and gently pinched Jong Kook's cheek when everyone's attention was at the crowded five guys.

"You are so cute, jagiya~" Ji Hyo whispered and walked away.

"Aish! Really, this girl. Lets start now!" He shouted as the five guys staring at him.

"Hyung, are you sure?" Kwang Soo asked.

"Yah! When I say start, I mean start this instant and get this finish. We need to finish this fast and make sure we win!" Jong Kook said as he walked toward the group of guys.

"Okay okay. Lets plan our strategy then." Jaesuk said as the six guys horded together while Ji Hyo was getting ready. After a few minutes of arguing and discussing, they finally decided Kwang Soo will be their stepladder, despiting Kwang Soo protesting.

"Hyung, I don't want to be stepladder." Kwang Soo complained and Jong Kook glared at him.

"Jong Kook hyung, it will be my honour to be your stepladder. Kwang Soo kneeled down as Jong Kook continued to glare at him.

"There's no way a giraffe can win a tiger eh." Suk Jin laughed with HaHa rolling on the floor because of Kwang Soo. After Ji Hyo settled down on top of the tower, the mission started. At first everyone was doing their best , at ignoring the complaints from the human stepladder.

"Yah! Hyung, you are heavy!!"

"Faster hyung! FASTER!"

"HYUNG!!!!!!!!!!" 

All those complaints had been effectively ignored by the others. When it was finally Jong Kook's turn to pull out a block, he stood beside Kwang Soo.

"W-w-wait, chakaman! There's no w-" Without letting the Giraffe to finish his sentence, Jong Kook alrady crossed his arms in front of his chest and with a small glare; and that sent the Giraffe kneeled down instantly.

"Hyung, please step on my shoulders." Kwang Soo begged. Jong Kook just smiled as he got on Kwang Soo's shoulder with others' help. The Tiger was trying to pull one specific block out but the block was too tight, tighter than he expected. So he decided to pull it as hard as he could but his hand slipped which caused his lost balance and fell backwards. All the incidents were out of everyone expectation as none of them was able to react in time when they saw the Tiger was falling downward, from a 7m height to the ground, a ground full of the thick mattresses.

"BAM!" A loud crash sound finally brought everyone back to their sense. Ji Hyo quickly looked down as before that she didn't notice her boyfriend was falling since she was taking a nap on top of the tower.

"Jong Kook-ah!" Jaesuk's voice could be heard, followed by others. Ji Hyo didn't know what happened since she only saw the other five guys were surrounding Jong Kook, but when she saw the entry of paramedics and the panic expression on the others face, she started to have an rough idea of what happened.

"YAH! TURN OFF THE CAMERA!" HaHa shouted as all the camera being turned off.

"Make way for the paramedics." Suk Jin said as the five guys stood back.

"OPPA! JAESUK OPPA, WHAT HAPPEN?" Ji Hyo shouted with all her might, worrying about her boyfriend. Somehow her heart was thumping fast, even faster than the time when Jong Kook confessed to her. 

"It's nothing, Ji Hyo-ah. He will be fine!" Jaesuk shouted back. They all could only see the paramedics gently lifted Jong Kook up but suddenly they saw Jong Kook shook the hand of the paramedics away, saying he was fine as he slowly sat up. 

"Are you sure?" Suk Jin asked as Jong Kook stood up, dusting off his pants.

"Yeah, I'm perfectly fine." Jong Kook said. 

"Hyung, are you really okay?" Gary asked as he went and touched Jong Kook's body.

"Yah, yah, why are you molesting me?" Jong Kook asked with a smile on his face.

"I was just making sure you are fine." Gary shrugged his shoulder.

"Oppa! Jong Kook oppa, are you okay?" Ji Hyo shouted from above. Jong Kook looked up and shone a bright smile with a thumb up to show that he was fine. After that, the recording resumed and there was no accidents again. 

"Hyung is weird." Gary thought when he saw Jong Kook frowned and clenched his fist every once in awhile. 

"Gary-ah, its your turn." HaHa called out to Gary. Gary only nodded his head and went to finish his mission. On the other hand, Jong Kook was indeed in pain, around the area of his waist and although the ground was full of thick mattresses but the impact was till great and he didn't want everyone to worry about him, especially his girlfriend so he pretended he was fine. He covered up the pain that he was suffering with a constant bickering with Jaesuk and constant nagging and ordering here and there. 

After some time, they finished their mission successfully with the producers frowning and giving them the running balls unwillingly. The Running Man casts just smiled brightly and hugged each other , congratulating each other for their good word.

"Hyung, you hurt your waist, right." Gary whispered when he was hugging Jong Kook. For a few seconds, Jong Kook's face expession changed.

"Yah, what the hell are you talking about?"

"Don't play dumb hyung. I saw it." Gary whispered.

"You're right but don't , I saw , don't let others know." Jong Kook whispered. Gary wanted to protest but he knew how scary and stubborn and irritating and annoying that this Tiger would be, so he remained quiet. Besides, he knew that Tiger knew his body's condition the most so he decided to trust Jong Kook.

"Kaja! Lets move to next destination." Jaesuk said and they all started to move toward the van. On the way to the van, Ji Hyo slowly walked behind Jong Kook, and gently holding his hand. Jong Kook glanced behind him and smile, of course squeezing Ji Hyo's hand and letting Ji Hyo pulling his jacket when they were walking toward the van. Ji Hyo just smiled sweetly and shyly. 

"Lets go!" Suk Jin shouted followed by the rests when all of them went on the van. With that, they started to move toward their next destination. Jong Kook kept on glancing toward Ji Hyo throughout the whole ride, and vice versa. They did not need any words to communicate as they knew each other by heart, and just through those small glances, they already knew how great the love from each other.

"BWOH?!" All of them shouted when they realized that their next destination was at Han River.

"This is insane!" Suk Jin said.

"Are they going to ask us cross the river?" HaHa asked.

"That will be impossible!" Gary shouted.

"THERE'S NO WAY WE CAN SUCCEED IN THIS MISSION!" Kwang Soo shouted desperately. Jong Kook just remained silent with his shock face expression while Ji Hyo just kept on looking outside to make sure they were really at the riverside of Han River. 

"Lets go. I don't have good feeling about this." Jaesuk said as he gulped. All of the casts walked toward the place where cameras and cardboards, tapes, plastic could be seen. They had been told that they needed to make a boat from those ingredients and crossed the river. Although complaint came from here and there, but the casts started to do their work, with the team divided into two. Jaesuk, Jong Kook, Gary and Kwang Soo in one team, while Ji Hyo, HaHa and Suk Jin in another group.

(A/N:LETS GO TO OUR TIGER'S POV)

Aish, what were they thinking? Making a boat and crossed the river with such currentDid they want us to die? Aish,and now the pain is getting serious but I needed to endure this. I needed to make sure we would not get any water based mission anymore. Last time my yeobo Ji Hyo caught a cold from the mission becaue of the coldness. Fighting, Kim Jong Kook! Eliminate the water mission!

"So how about this?" Jaesuk hyung asked as I disagreed. 

"Hyung, we need to do this." I said as I brought out the plastic that had been prepared.

"Gary, Kwang Soo, you two quickly taped the side and hyung, just quickly wrapped it with plastic!" I ordered.

"Yah yah! What are you? A constructor?!" Jaesuk hyung protested with a smile on his face. I knew he was just doing this for the show since the audience loved us bickering like some six years old children.

"Just do your work, hyung." I said as Jaesuk hyung mumbling some complaints here and there. I turned my head and saw Ji Hyo and the team was doing quite fine, except from arguing at the start due to the boat design. I was trying my best to endure the pain and I saw Gary stared at me with concern in his eyes. I just gently patted his shoulder and gave him an encouraging smile. Gary shooked his head and mouthed 'Jinja'. I just smiled and continued to work. As I squatted and stood up each time, a sharp pain came from my back as if someone was stabbing me with a knife and pulled out in an instant. I was trying to endure it but the pain was getting too hard for me to endure so sweats being to form one by one on my forehead, trickling down on my face.

"Are you alright?" Jaesuk hyung asked.

"Yeah, just getting warm from all this boat building." I said as I wiped my sweats and continued to build the boat. After one hour, we finally finished building our boat and I had to say, I quite satisfied with the boat my team builded. It could be called as a cruise instead of a boat. While for Ji Hyo's team, they builded a raft which was quite simple but I knew that my girlfriend would surely succeed in this mission since she was the Ace of this show.

"Okay, its time for you all to start your mission." The producer said as we started to push the boat to the river so that half of it was in the river while other half was on the land. Soon all of us got on the boat and the staffs pushed the boat into the water.

"Okay, lets do this! 1,2!1,2!" With Jaesuk hyung order, we started to row the boat. But the pain from my back was getting unbearable each time I row, so I started to row a bit slow and gentle, just to ease the pain and this caused us to slow down while Ji Hyo's team to accelerate and cut us.

"Jong Kook hyung, what's wrong with you?" Kwang Soo asked.

"Yeah, you are rowing a bit slow and soft." Jaesuk hyung said.

"I just feel a bit tired, you know, rushing here and there." I said.

"I guess so. Jong Kook hyung just finished recorded for his singles yesterday night. Maybe that's why he was tired." Gary said, helping me to cover my injuries from the others. I saw the glance from Jaesuk hyung, and I knew Jaesuk hyung was getting suspicious.

"I see. Okay then." But he decided to drop this topic which gave me a huge relief. So we continued to row without making any noise, the only voice we could heard was from Jaesuk hyung, ordering us to row, and giving us order when to slow down and when to speed up. But suddenly our boat lost its balance and four of us was trying our best to control the boat but the boat was not so wide so it was hard for us to control the boat by making it stable so at the end, all of us fell into the water. When I was falling into the water, something caught my life jacket but due to gravity force, I still fell into the water. 

Cold water surrounded me and slowly increasing the pain on my back. The pain gradually change from stabbing pain into flesh being rip out type of pain. I was trying to move my legs in order for me to float but somehow I couldn't move my leg. Legs, please move! MOVE! I was trying to ask my legs to move but they just didn't move. What the hell was wrong with my legs?! Slowly I felt cold water went into my mouth and my nose as I slowly and slowly getting deeper and deeper into the river. But I wouldn't let myself to drown in the river so I franctically splashed the water around me, creating a scene so that the life guards could noticed me. I wanted to keep going but the coldness was making my body exhausted, the cold water which get into my throat was making me unable to shout, the pain on my back making me lost control of my legs, the ripping pain from my back and the coldness started to make me feel sleepy. I slowly closed my eyes and at the moments, my life was being played right in front of my eyes. 

From I was just a baby til I was a member of Turbo, following by the moment of being a solo artist and til now, when I started to join variety shows and met myy true love. I saw the scene where I confessed to Ji Hyo, in her house, singing her a love song and gently led her to dance with me. I saw myself slowly kneeling down on one knee and brought out a small box, and in that box there was a silver ring.

"Please accept me as I promise that I would be by your side, now and forever. And with this ring to be the only thing I can buy for you, I declare my love and loyalty to you, princess." Ah! I remembered how she teared up when I was declaring my love and how she nodded eagerly and jumped onto me. I spinned her around until she felt dizzy. I was laughing when I saw she stumbled around and fell down on the floor, of course she came and slapped my chest but I just kept on laughing. She pouted and turned around. I stopped my laughing and gently turned her around so that she was facing me, and yes, she was still pouting. I slowly leaned in and gently captured that pair of lips, which tasted like strawberry, and during that time I make strawberry as my favorite fruit. 

I smiled at the memory and slowly after that, more and more of memory about her flashed in front of me and this made me realized that I couldn't give up this easily. I needed to survive, for her. I opened my eyes again and realized I was still half floating in the river so I kept on move my hands but it was useless because my legs were still not do their job. That time I realized my life jacket wasn't doing its job either. I had a feeling that just now my life jacket had a hold and the air leaked out. Slowly I was getting tired and I stopped, slowly and gently, letting myself being embraced by the cold water of the Han River, with me seeing the light from the sky getting dimmer and dimmer.

"KIM JONG KOOK!!" And with me hearing my name being called for the one last time.

 

 

A/N: How about it?? Its been a long time for me to write an angst fic so my skills had been rusty. Please bear with it. So please comment and subscribe.