"You won't believe me if I tell you. You'll send me to some shrink."

We Are One.
Kyungsoo's mother went about her business cleaning the house as usual. She entered her son's study room, sifting through the few loose papers she found on his desk. One of them looked like a high school application, and she smiled - she was so proud of him for doing so well in school. She read through the application he'd filled out, and became confused - what was with the questions asking about a talent? Was this a school of arts? And why did the words 'earth' keep popping up like it was an ability? She frowned and went to where Kyungsoo was playing the piano downstairs. "Hey, kiddo..." She hummed as she sat beside him. "What's this...?" She held up the paper.  Kyungsoo was hard at work, practicing a new piece on his piano. He hears his mother and stops playing. His eyes connect to the paper and he quickly thinks of an excuse. "Its an application mom. For this new school I want to go to." She stared at the application again. "I can see that... But what's all this about, e-earth powers? I don understand..." Kyungsoo chuckles as he Keeps up with his lie. "It's the element that I think represents myself. I think the earth represents me best. Don't you?" "But... Right here, look, it's talking about a talent... Soo-ah, what's really going on? You never lie to me like this..." She frowned. She could always tell when he was lying.  Kyungsoo sighs and looks down. "You won't believe me if I tell you. You'll send me to some shrink." "My baby, you know I'll listen to you no matter what. If you can't tell me... Try showing me?" He nods. "Okay. Follow me." He quickly scurries out of the room and downstairs. He goes to the backyard and stands in the middle. She stepped outside after him, rubbing her arms shyly and looking concerned. "Soo-ah...? What are you doing?" He sighs and closes his eyes. His hands moved upwards from his sides. Multiple rocks and chunks of dirt start to rise from the ground.Her hand covered in shock, her eyes as wide as his. "You're...! You're really doing that...?" His hands form fists and stomps the ground. The ground around him shifting. "Yeah....I'm doing it." "Oh my goodness..." She said softly. "I... I see now, I understand, baby, you can stop now..." He stops and walks carefully over to his mom, panting. "That school is for people with powers like mine." She nodded and held her arms out, beckoning him over for a hug. "You really want to go, don't you..." He hugs her tightly. "I really really do." "My baby..." She sighed softly and nodded. "You know I'll love you no matter what, and I want you to be happy..." He grins and kisses her cheek. "Thanks mom. I love you too." They spent the next few weeks preparing for Kyungsoo to leave for the school. Since it was in Seoul, on the other side of the country from his house, he'd live on campus away from here.  The day finally came that she was seeing him off. She stood in front of the train, tears in her eyes and his stuff all around her feet. "I guess... You're really leaving, aren't you.." She sniffles.  He smiles sweetly and nods. "I really am. I love you so much, mom. Thanks for letting me do this." He picks up his bags. She nodded and hugged him tightly even though he couldn't hug her back with all the stuff he was holding. "I'm going to miss you so much. Call me tonight when you get settled in, okay? Tell me how everything goes..." She stepped back as the train came in and wiped her tears.  He chuckles and nods. "I will, I promise. I'm going to miss you too. Bye mom." He grins as he turns away, getting onto the train. Inside, there's a boy sitting alone with bags on the shelf over his head, and he's reading a pamphlet about the academy. He's small and looks sort of frail, but his face is friendly and he's smiling a little.  Kyungsoo puts his bags away and walks up to the boy. "E-excuse me. You're going to the academy too?" He smiles gently.Baekhyun looked up at the boy and smiled. "Hm? Oh, yeah, totally! It's my first year, so... Ah, then, you're a student too?" He sticks out his hand to shake. Kyungsoo shakes his hand and chuckles. "Its my first year, too. I'm Kyungsoo. I have earth powers." He says the last sentence a bit hushed.Baekhyun grinned and looked around before replying. "I have... Light." He scoots over and pats the seat next to him. Kyungsoo sits beside the other and chuckles. "That's so cool!" "So-" baekhyun bit his lip. "Have you like... Ever met anyone else with abilities before? Did you ever get to practice yours, or tell any of your friends about it...?" Kyungsoo shook his head. "You're the first I've met. I practice when I'm alone sometimes. Only my mother knows." "Ah... My parents know, but they're very upset about it..." He sighed. "I knew a guy once when I was a kid, he could teleport. His name was... Jong-something? Ah, it's been a while. Anyways, he was cool, he smuggled me all kinds of comic books and stuff!" He snickered. He laughs softly. "All I can do is make nature move." He sighs. "His power and yours sound way cooler." Baekhyun shrugged. "I can't do anything with my power yet. I don't know how and I lose control all the time since I never get to practice... Don't worry! I bet there's lots of cool things you can do." He chuckles and sits back. "I lose control too sometimes. That's why I really want to go to this academy." He sighs happily. "Maybe I'll even get a boyfriend." He laughs softly. Baekhyun waggled his eyebrows. "I heard there's a lot of cute guys there. They dress up for the student tournaments all the time, apparently," he chuckled. "I'm baekhyun, by the way. Nice to meet you!" He chuckles and hums happily. "I'm Kyungsoo. Its really nice to meet you." Baekhyun grinned. "Yeah! Have you figured out who your roommate is going to be? Let's compare papers, maybe our rooms are close...""Sure!" He reaches into his pocket and pulls out the folded papers. "My room is...C-6." Baekhyun looked at it curiously. "Huh. It's says here, your roommates name is Kai... That's a weird name, huh. Mine is... C-12.. Oh! So I guess I'll be right down the hall from you. And I guess, my roommate's name is Tao...? Odd..." He hums and purses his lips. "Maybe...they're nicknames or something." He shrugs and chuckles. "Kai sounds like the name of a hot guy to be honest." He laughs a bit. Baekhyun snickered. "Be careful if you say that, he might end up being ugly. Tao sounds like... someone serious." "Who knows~?" He chuckles and looks at Baekhyun. "You're really kind." . Baekhyun blushed a little and smiled, his hands clutching the hem of his shirt. "Th-thanks..." They were at the school in a little under three hours, both wide eyed and very obvious freshmen.