3

WHO R YOU

The next day was just as awkward as what Nic imagined it to be. Waking up to someone beside her was weird enough but having Kris lying beside her was even weirder than weird. “Good morning. Did you sleep well?” he stretched his limbs outwards as Nic straightened her body. “Er… kind of.” She was about to get out of bed when Kris started talking. “You know… I really miss how we used to fall asleep together on the couch when we were younger. Remember when we fell asleep in the attic of my place because we were too tired from all that running and got all the maids in a frantic mode?” he placed his arms behind his head as he reminisced about their childhood. “We were so young then.” He sighed. Nic remained still and silent but her mind was filled with vivid and bright memories of them chasing each other around his house. “Yeah. We were so young then.” She gave him a small smile before proceeding to the toilet to wash up. When she was done washing up, Kris was still lounging on her bed, having her duvet wrapped around him like a California roll. “Aren’t you going to wake up?”

Kris rolled over with a dazed look then rubbed his eyes and rolled off the bed. “I don’t have a spare toothbrush though…” she murmured as he moved closer to her. “I’ll use yours then, ok?” he ruffled her hair before entering the bathroom. Gosh. Nic slapped herself several times on the face before leaving to make breakfast.
Kris was done while she was in the midst of deciding if Kris still liked jam or not. “Strawberry? No no… blueberry?” she mumbled to herself while Kris snickered at her, causing her to turn around. “Are you sneaking on me?” she glared at him. “Wouldn’t dare.” He raised his hands in defeat. “You know what, let’s just head out for breakfast then go to school together. You are done right?” “Yeah.” Kris grabbed his bag and took her wrist in his hands before dragging both of them out of her apartment. “When…what?” she was stunned to see his car ready and waiting for them. “Phone call.” He smirked before pushing her into the seat beside the driver's. “You are going to drive?!” she half yelled, shocked and worried for her own safety. “What? Be honored all right. Tons of girls are waiting to sit in your seat.” He scoffed while putting on his seat belt. “Seat belt. I don’t want to get a ticket.” Kris was slightly annoyed at how she responded to her driving. “You always get on my nerves whenever you try to degrade my driving skills. I’m not that bad all right.” He rolled his eyes, which were now focused on the road ahead.

“Seat belt!” he yelled, startling Nic placing her in a daze.  Kris swerved to the side and groaned before leaning over to pull her seat belt across her. “What are you doing!” Nic started hitting Kris on his chest really hard but was met with his no nonsense glare. The entire journey was silent with awkwardness spilling everywhere. Thank god for the call from Joonmyeon or she might have died from Kris’s straight face. “Yeah? I’m on the way to school… Mm. No, er… Kris is sending me to school.” She didn’t have to wait till she heard Joonmyeon’s “BWOH!” screaming into her ear. “Yes… no need to shout. I can hear you. Not deaf yet you know.” She rolled her eyes, as Joonmyeon started chanting how he couldn’t believe it. “Campus? Ok. Bye, see you.” She ended the phone call as Kris was parking his car.

All she wanted to do was run straight ahead to where Joonmyeon was but she had no guts or courage. In the end, she walked behind Kris as he strolled casually in front of her, attracting all sorts of gazes from girls. “So handsome, oh my gosh. Nam shin ah!” Kris bent his head but smiled shyly while Nic scoffed loud enough for him to hear. Upon hearing her scoff, Kris turned back and met her gaze. “Did you just scoff behind my back?” his cool demeanor was exchanged into something dark and scary. Nic knew that she had no way out of this for it’s a run or die situation for dealing with angry Kris was totally not what she was good at. Just then, she spotted Joonmyeon waiting for her and made up her mind. Just run towards Joonmyeon and Kris won’t be able to do anything about you. “I…” the moment Nic thought she escaped from Kris, she was pulled back against his chest. “JOONMY-!!” her screams for her friend were muffled by Kris’s huge palms and was instantly lifted up by him. “Don’t you dare shout for him or he will kill me.” Kris hissed into her ear and she started kicking in all directions. Anyone who walked past them would have thought that Kris was up to kidnap her. “Let me go please.” Nic whimpered, on the verge of crying.

Kris let her down immediately and was about to apologize but she ran towards the direction of Joonmyeon. “Let’s go.” She tugged against his hand and pulled him out of his daze. “Ah? Nic? Are you in a rush?” he asked but received nothing for an answer. “Nic?” he ran to catch up with her pace and noticed her teary eyes. “Why are you crying?” his eyes widened at the tears which were already dripping down her face. “Don’t cry…” He pulled her into an embrace, soothing her back. Right behind them was Kris, who was witnessing the entire scene of Joonmyeon holding onto Nic as she cried into his chest as he her hair, whispering things into her ear, telling her to stop crying. Look what you did again KrisSo much for wanting to make up to her


+ I love you guys for the support!