Crying Blood

Crying Blood

It happened for the first time when Yesung was 5 years old and his mother was scolding him. He cried so much that his tears later on became blood. His mother and Yesung himself freaked out. They immediately went to the hospital to see what was wrong with Yesung but the results turned out that there was nothing wrong.

The doctors didn’t have any explanation for Yesung’s bloody tears because Yesung has no blood disorder or any other physical impairment. It was a rare case. The doctor could only suggest blood transfusion and some iron supplements to prevent hypovolemic shock and anemia.

It happened again at school when he was being bullied. Yesung started crying with blood rolling down on his cheeks. Everybody was shock at the sight. After that, nobody dared to bully Yesung and nobody wanted to be friends with him. The teachers are even scared to scold Yesung. They thought that Yesung’s bloody tears could be infectious or it might be some rare disease or that Yesung might have some weird powers that could do something to them.

Yesung tried to explain to them but nobody would listen to him. That’s how he became a loner and vowed to himself that he would never cry again. But he was just a kid who easily got hurt and ended up crying a lot.

On 4th grade, Yesung learned to control his tears no matter how painful or sad it was.  It wasn’t just tears but he also learned how to close his heart and never let out his emotions.

It was in 1st yr high school when they had a new student named Kangin. It was rumored that he transferred because he almost killed a student at his old school and the reason why their school accepted Kangin was because Kangin’s family was rich.

There were people who tried to make friends with Kangin but Kangin would glare at them or respond in a rude manner. If Kangin was annoyed at a student, particularly a talkative one, he would tell them to shut up and if the student doesn’t shut up, Kangin will use his fist. That’s why Kangin has regular visits at the councilor’s office.

Yesung thought they were alike at some point. Not that he cares.

They literally bumped into each other during 2nd year of high school.

Kangin made a grab on Yesung’s collar. “Don’t you know how to say sorry?”

Yesung thought why is this guy making such a big deal over a bump? It’s not like there were food or drink that spilled on Kangin’s shirt when they bumped. It’s not like Kangin fell on his when they bumped. Why should he apologize?  “Only if you say it first.”

Yesung’s reply earned him a punch from Kangin. Yesung lost his balance and fell on the floor. He could hear gasps and whispers from other students.

“Is he going to cry blood?”

 “He might be crying blood soon.”

“Come to think of it, it’s been a while since we’ve seen his bloody tears.”

Yesung felt like crying but he won’t because he won’t allow his bloody tears to be some sort of entertainment. He calmly stood up and started to walk away.

“You haven’t said sorry yet.” Kangin’s voice made Yesung pause from walking.

Yesung turned around to look at Kangin. “You haven’t said it either.”

Suddenly, Kangin was charging at him like a bull seeing the color red. Yesung closed his eyes tightly and waited for the punch to come but it never came. He opened his eyes and saw that the fist was only a few inches away from his face.

“He’s crying blood!!!!!!” Somebody from the audience shouted.

Yesung touched his cheek. The pain of his swollen cheek didn’t register. All he could register was the blood he felt on his cheeks. It was simply confirmed when he saw the blood on his fingertips. He ran away from everyone.

Why was he crying? He perfected the art of controlling his emotions and especially, his tears. It’s been a long time since someone bullied him so he can’t be crying because he’s afraid of bullies. He tried to look for an answer in his thoughts as he washed his face.

He looked at the mirror to see his clean face. However, his left cheek looked badly swollen. Suddenly, an answer popped in his mind. “It’s the first time somebody paid attention to me. Not because of my blood tears but because of a stupid bump so that meant…. It was tears of joy?” Yesung laughed at how crazy that sounded but it was true. That was how he really felt. He can’t help but see how pathetic he really is.

Yesung went to the school clinic to ask for an ice pack. He didn’t bother to stay because he could tell that the school nurse was freaked out by him. He decided to stay at the rooftop because nobody would be there. At least, that’s what he thought until he saw Kangin.

“Are you some sort of miraculous person that cries blood?” The question came out from Kangin’s mouth.

“No, so don’t think about asking me to perform miracles.” Yesung instantly retorted.

“Is it a disease?”

“An infectious disease so you should be worried because you had contact with me by a punch.”

“Seriously?”

“No. That’s just what everybody thinks.”

They stayed silent s they stood side by side and looked at the sight of the rest of the city that could be seen from the school’s rooftop. Yesung thought that it’s been a long time since he actually held a conversation with someone even if that someone isn’t really someone he liked.

“Aren’t you scared of me?” Yesung asked. “Don’t you have any scary thoughts that I might be cursed or something and that you might get yourself involved with the curse if you continue to talk or be in contact with me?”

“People sure have strange ideas and imagination.” Kangin commented. “You said it yourself that you’re just a person who cries blood and nothing else beyond that so what’s there to be scared?”

“I might be lying. I might really be infectious. I might really be into some bad occult.”

Kangin gave a shrug and started to walk away. “My life is already a mess anyway.”

For the first time, Yesung met someone who isn’t scared of him and that actually made him feel happy. Since that day, Yesung followed Kangin around at school like a puppy and stuck to his side like glue.

“Stop following me!!! How annoying can you get?!?!” Kangin already did a lot of things to make Yesung stay away from him such as punching, throwing insulting words and being the victim of pranks but still Yesung remained at Kangin’s side.

Yesung doesn’t really care what Kangin did to him because it just showed that Kangin isn’t afraid of him and that actually makes him happy even if he was being punched, insulted or pranked. He felt so happy to the point that he could bring out a smile on his face even if Kangin was very angry at him.

“He doesn’t only cry blood but he’s crazy too!!!”

“Yeah. After all the things Kangin did to him, he still stayed with Kangin.”

“Can’t he see that Kangin hates him?”

“Something must be wrong with his brain from crying blood.”

They laughed. Yesung heard it all. Honestly, he doesn’t mind being called crazy or stupid or whatever. The thing that really made impact to him was that Kangin hates him. Sure, Kangin isn’t scared of him but that doesn’t mean he liked Yesung. He could hate Yesung and not be scared of him at the same time.

That’s when Yesung realized that he was being selfish from the happiness he felt of meeting someone that isn’t scared of him that he forced himself to be with Kangin and didn’t realize that he was actually a burden to Kangin. Not to mention, Kangin really doesn’t like him from the first time they met until now.

Suddenly, there was a commotion. Yesung looked up to see that Kangin was being violent again. He was fighting with the three guys that Yesung heard talking about him earlier. “Kangin, stop!”

Kangin’s fist paused in the air. “Did you hear that? The person you just backstabbed wants me to stop from punching you. Should I stop?” His dangerous tone was frightening to his victims. “But then… you deserve the punch.” His fist landed on the other person’s cheek.

Afterwards, they retired themselves in an empty classroom. Yesung placed ice packs at the back of Kangin’s hands. “You shouldn’t have bothered to pick a fight with them. You’ll end up in detention again or maybe even suspension this time around.”

“They weren’t being discreet in talking about you or us for that matter. I really hate it when people assume and talk about the wrong things. Don’t you feel angry towards them?”

“Not really. I actually think what they said were right.”

Kangin suddenly moved his hands which made the ice packs fly away and land on the floor. Yesung thought that Kangin would get violent on him but instead, Kangin simply placed his hands on Yesung’s shoulders. “You’re not crazy. There’s nothing wrong with your brain from crying blood and I don’t hate you.”

Yesung was surprised to hear that but he doesn’t exactly believe it. “But you always say that I’m annoying you and you always try to push me away.”

“I did all those things because I don’t believe in friendships. I’ve been betrayed over and over again so I turned myself into a person that people would hate but even if I’m like this, you don’t seem to hate me. I liked it when you remained stubborn and chose to stay at my side.” Kangin moved his hand and placed it on Yesung’s cheeks. “You’re crying again.”

“I’m crying blood again. Aren’t you disgusted? Don’t you find me dirty?”

“No.” For the first time, somebody, besides Yesung himself, wiped those bloody tears off from Yesung’s cheeks.

“I always wished for a friend but I never thought that I’d meet somebody who’d accept me. Thank you.” That’s how Yesung made his first friend.

They ended up in the hospital because Yesung was crying too much and had lost quite a lot of blood. It turned out that he and Kangin had the same blood type so Kangin became Yesung’s blood donor.

 

“I feel like I shouldn’t cry anymore.” Yesung stated. His blood transfusion was done but he still had to stay to be monitored for a few hours.

Kangin decided to stay with Yesung in the hospital since his parents claimed to be too busy at work. “Why do you say that?”

“Because I don’t want your blood to go into waste.”

“Idiot. I can always just donate again. It’s okay to express your emotions and cry because I’ll be here whether to donate blood if you cry too much or to stop those tears and make you happy.” Kangin can’t believe the cheesy words that are coming out from his mouth but with Yesung, he wanted to express himself freely because he decided to trust Yesung and hoped for their friendship to work out.

Or maybe friendship wasn’t just what Kangin wanted. It was somewhere in the middle of their 3rd year in high school when Yesung told Kangin that he had a crush on someone.

“You’ll have no chance.” Those words instantly left Kangin’s mouth which caused Yesung’s excitement to die down. Kangin regretted it as he saw that he caused the frown on Yesung’s face.

“I’m never gonna tell you about my crushes from now on.” Yesung said with an angry pout and stomped his foot on the ground.

“I just… I…” I don’t want to you to be with anybody else but me. Kangin couldn’t say exactly what he wanted to say because he’s not ready to confess yet. One year of friendship. Is that really enough to move on to the next level? Besides, Yesung probably doesn’t see him as anything else other than a friend. “I don’t want to see you get hurt.”

“It’s okay if I get hurt…” There was a smile on Yesung’s face. “Because you’ll be there to make me feel better and donate blood if I cry too much.”

That’s why Yesung isn’t afraid to take a risk and get rejected. In the end, he really did get a rejection.

“You’re right. I have no chance.” Yesung said miserably as his bloody tears started to create a mess on his face and clothes.

“What happened?” Kangin asked.

“He knew about me crying blood. He heard it from other students in our school so he doesn’t want to have to do anything with me.” Yesung explained as he continued to cry. Kangin wrapped his arms around Yesung to hug him but Yesung tried to push him away. “My tears would make your clothes dirty.”

“I really don’t care about my shirt right now.” Kangin said as he guided Yesung’s head to lean on his shoulder.

It was the first time somebody lent a shoulder to cry on for Yesung.

“Sorry. I really made a mess on your shirt. I’ll do the laundry of this shirt.” Yesung apologized once he had calmed down from crying.

“It’s okay, really. “ Kangin continued to rub circles on Yesung’s back. “Are you feeling better now?” He felt rather than saw Yesung’s nod. “Let’s get ourselves cleaned up, shall we?”

They washed the blood off from their certain body parts and changed their clothes to clean ones. Kangin asked Yesung if he wanted to go to the hospital but Yesung simply said that he wanted to get some rest and immediately curled himself on Kangin’s bed.  Kangin opted to sit on the chair right next to his bed and stare at Yesung.

“How am I supposed to sleep when you keep on staring at me?” Yesung opened his eyes.

“Did anyone ever tell you that you have a pretty face?” Kangin blurted out.

Yesung blushed. He pulled the blanket over his head so Kangin wouldn’t be able to see him. “You’re only saying that to make me feel better. My blood streaked face is anything but pretty.”

“I’m talking about when you’re not crying blood.” Kangin used a lot of force to take the blanket off of Yesung. “Nobody really dared to stare at your for a long time since they’re afraid that you might cry blood any second but I’m not afraid and that’s why I can appreciate your beauty.” His hand reached out to caress Yesung’s face. “He’s stupid to reject a beauty like you.”

“Kangin, I know you want to make me feel better but uh… what you’re saying is not believable.” Yesung doesn’t believe that he has a pretty face but hearing Kangin say it made his heart beat just quite faster than usual. “Wh-whaat are you doing?!” Yesung asked when suddenly Kangin moved from the chair to the bed. Kangin’s body was right on top of Yesung.

“Trying.” There was a smirk on Kangin’s face.

“Trying?” The confuse look on Yesung’s face was suddenly replaced by surprise as he felt Kangin’s lips grazed against his own lips.

“Trying to steal a kiss.” Kangin replied before kissing Yesung deeply.

Yesung found out that it wasn’t hard to accept Kangin’s feelings because Kangin already knew everything that was there to know. He also found out that it was easy to return Kangin’s feelings because what is there not to like about Kangin?

For the second time, Yesung cried bloody tears of joy and the person who caused it was again Kangin.

THE END

A/N: This fic was meant to be shorter but once again, I didn’t know how to end it XD. So I guess it's a good thing whenever I don't know how to end because it makes my fics a bit longer than usual~ Lolz