III

My Make-Believe Husband
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

[Author's POV]

 

“Okay, first he’s five years old. He likes ice cream, robots, toy cars and those you know boys will like.. He knew that his father is such a busy person that’s why he can’t see him not until now.”

 

“You know, you should really tell him the truth.”

 

“I will but, not now. My son seems so determined about getting his father to come to school.”

 

Dara and Jiyong met up to discuss the things that he needed to know before facing her son. It’s Saturday morning, the day Jiyong wanted to skip if he has the ability to fast forward time. He wanted to take back what he said to Dara. He can’t believe his sympathy went over the top this time.

 

“You should’ve just talk to the real dad then.”

 

“Hell no! It’s like I’m bringing a dead back to life! The time he dumped me and stepped out of my life is the time I decided he’s not the father of my baby.”

 

“Such a bastard.” Jiyong said.

 

“I know right?” and Dara released a heavy sigh.

 

“And I’m playing the role of a bastard here.”

 

“Aren’t you one?” Dara asked smiling.

 

“Yah! Whatever! Let’s go get errr…. What’s your child’s name again?”

 

“Oh great! You forgot! What a genius you are! His name is Junghee.. Park Junghee.”

 

Jiyong nodded as he went to where his car is. Dara told Jiyong the direction to her house. And as they are on their way, he keeps reciting the child’s name in his head and remembering all the things he supposed to remember.

 

Damn! This is making me nervous… It’s just a kid Jiyong. Just a kid. He thought to himself.

 

They arrived at the parking lot of Dara’s house. As Jiyong is in the process of parking his car, his nerves are swallowing him at its finest.

 

“You go ahead, I’ll follow you in a minute.” Jiyong said looking straight ahead while gripping the stirring wheel like holding onto his dear life.

 

As soon as Dara left his car and went straight inside, he took a deep breath and think things over.

 

“I could run, I could just drive away right here right now.” He said to himself.

 

“But what would that make me? Oh for goodness’ sake that is just a child in there! I’ve been having meetings with those fugly old men in my office yet this moment is making me lose my cool! Great! Now I’m talking to myself!”

 

“I can do this! Jiyong you can do this! Be a ing Daddy for a day!”

 

After convincing himself for what seems like forever, Jiyong decided to head inside but not till he get something in his car’s trunk. He pulled out a huge box, headed straight to the door and knocked.

 

“Oh! And you must be?” An old lady opened the door.

 

“A-ah.. Kwon Jiyong.” He said and bowed 90 degrees.

 

“I see, I’m Mrs. Han. Well I gotta go since Dara is here. Nice to meet you Mr. Kwon.” She said smiling.

 

Just as Mrs. Han is out, Dara came up by the door.

 

“What’s with the knocking?” Dara said raising a brow.

 

“Well it’s a sign of respect Einstein.” Jiyong said letting himself in.

 

“What a respectful person you are, I haven’t even invited you in. Oh! And what do you have there? You bought a gift. You know you don’t have to.”

 

“Whatever Park, you owe me this so shut your sarcasm and tell me where your son is.”

 

“Such a grumpy man, he’s in the living room watching that Pororo re-run.” She said walking ahead Jiyong.

 

Jiyong followed suit, slowly hearing that Pororo character talking. He heard Dara talk.

 

“Junghee-ah~~~ Come here for a second. I want you to meet someone.”

 

Oh ! Oh ! This is it! ity ! I’m gonna be a Daddy! Once that freakin child turns, I’m gonna be a Daddy!!! Jiyong thought to himself.

 

Much to his dismay, Junghee turned around to look at his mommy. This is the only time he gets to clearly see that Junghee has that big brown eyes that Dara has, those cute pink lips that’s too girly for a guy which means he also got that from Dara. He thought this little kid screams Dara all over his face, well except for the nose.

 

“Ehhh?” Junghee looked up to his mom quizzically.

 

“Remember my promise to you?”

 

“Wha—Oh!! You have my appa?” He asked hopefully.

 

Dara gave her son the warmest smile and nod.

 

“Where is he?!!” Junghee jumps happily and looked around.

 

Jiyong saw that Junghee spotted him, but the kid keeps asking where is his appa.

 

“Where? Where?”

 

“Errr… Junghee he’s right there.” Dara pointed Jiyong, who’s standing quietly at her back.

 

Junghee stopped jumping and looked at Jiyong. He looks at Jiyong from head to toe.

 

“But…. Eomma, isn’t he the ahjussi in your work?” Junghee asked.

 

Jiyong and Dara froze at what they heard.

 

What the actual? This kid still remembers! We just saw each other once and that’s like no more than 3 minutes. Jiyong thought panicking.

 

“Ahh… hehehehe yes Junghee, eomma and appa works together. His name is Jiyong.” Dara lied smoothly.

 

Jiyong leaned to whisper at Dara. “Smooth lie, seems like you’ve been doing it for some time now.”

 

Dara glared at him which he returns with a smirk. “No Sherlock.” She whispered back through gritted teeth.

 

“A-appa?” Junghee suddenly called.

 

Jiyong looked down at the child and smiled nervously.

 

“H-hi Junghee-ah.”

 

“Kwon, you do realize that your smile is way too creepy and I don’t want you scaring off my child.” Dara whispered.

 

“Shut up Park. I’m trying my best not to kill you right now.” Jiyong said, still not taking off his smile.

 

“Appa!!!”

 

Suddenly Junghee sprinted his way to Jiyong, ready to hug him. Jiyong instinctively crouch down to accommodate the height of Junghee and welcomed him with his open arms. The two hug each other with Junghee giggling and smiling brightly.

 

Such a heartwarming scene. If only it is real. Dara thought sadly.

 

“I can’t believe you’re finally here!! Thank you! I miss you!” Junghee said, still with the smile in his face.

 

“Yes, I’m here. I miss you too, son.” Jiyong said as he ruffled his hair.

 

Son?! Seriously now, Kwon? this! I’m going nuts! Send me to asylum after this crazy day. But the way he hug me is so tight, seems like I’ll vanish any minute once he lets go. This child must’ve really miss his daddy. Jiyong

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter