I

My Make-Believe Husband
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

“Eomma! Eomma!!!” A boy in his little school uniform wearing a hat, holding on to his bag pack is running around the house calling for his mother as soon as he arrived home from school.

 

“Aigoo~ Junghee-ah don’t run around. Your mom will get mad at me if you get hurt.” Said Mrs. Han who’s in charge of taking care of Junghee whenever his mom is not around.

 

“Where’s eomma?” He looked up and ask Mrs. Han.

 

The old lady smiled back at him, patted his head and took off the cap. “Your mom is not yet home, so why don’t we change your clothes first and take a bath so you’ll smell nice once your mommy arrives.”

 

“Okay. But please let’s be quick. I hope eomma arrives soon. I need to tell her to get my appa back here.” He runs up stairs to his room, seems very excited for his mother to come home.

 

“Aigoo~ Dara-ah, what are you going to do now?” Mrs. Han told to herself shaking her head in the process.

 

“What will I do Mrs. Han?” The woman who is standing by the door closing it in process said.

 

“Oh! You arrived my dear. You’re early today.” Mrs. Han smiled at her.

 

“Junghee is up stairs preparing for his bath.” She added.

 

“I took off extra early from work for its Junghee’s first day in pre-school.  But what are you thinking earlier?” Dara further queried.

 

“Just ask him later when you go up. He said he needed to tell you something.”

 

The latter nodded at the old lady and smiled at her.

 

“Thank you Mrs. Han, for always taking care of Junghee when I’m away. I really owe you big time.”

 

“No worries my dear. You and Junghee are like my own family since my children are all overseas and I’m left alone here. You two are my simple bundle of joy here.” The old lady said with sincerity in her voice almost tearing up.

 

Dara went to hug her then release her in an instant. “Here Mrs. Han, I stopped by at my favorite bakery down town. You take this home.” She said giving a paper bag full of bread delights.

 

“You go home now, I’ll take Junghee from here.” She added leading the old lady to the door.

 

“Okay. You two take care.”

 

With that, Mrs. Han is out of their house and Dara went straight to her son’s room to check on him.

 

“Junghee-ah? Baby? Can I come in?” Dara knocked on her son’s room.

 

“No! Not yet! I don’t smell good yet~” Junghee said and Dara could hear his little steps. Her son seems running around his room and she wonder what is he doing?

 

“You always smells good to me baby~ Come on, let mommy in neh?”

 

“I’m almost done!” Junghee shouted again.

 

Dara can only shake her head in amusement. Her son acts like a teenager at such a young age. He always makes sure he is stylish, and smells good before facing other people. Dara tapped her foot patiently waiting for her son’s ritual to finish.

 

“Okay I’m done!” As soon as she heard him said it, she went straight inside his room. She smiled as soon as she saw her son standing in front of a full length mirror checking himself out.

 

“Aigoo~ My baby… You’re already handsome.. Come here” She said as she crouch down to level accommodate the height of her son.

 

Junghee run into his eomma ready to give her a big hug. “As handsome as appa?”

 

“Ohh?” Dara got shocked at what he said but still gave Junghee a smile.

 

“More handsome that your appa.” She said now grinning.

 

Dara noticed that Junghee is now pouting. She somewhat have an idea on what’s going to happen next. He’ll ask for his appa. Where he is, what is he doing and why is he not here. It’s always like this and Dara keeps telling him the same answers over and over again.

 

“Eomma, I want to see appa.” Junghee simply stated.

 

“But you know he can’t—“

 

“He must show up! Our class will invite their parents for some introduction and tell them what they are doing.” He explained with a frown.

 

“I can go there with you.” Dara said trying to ease her son’s sadness.

 

“But I want you both. My classmates will bring both of their parents. And that Lee Haru girl said that her dad is way awesome than mine!!”

 

Dara smiled at her son’s frustration. So it’s about this petty competition between kids. Aigoo~ Eottoke? Dara thought to herself.

 

“Mom! Promise me you’ll bring dad with us!” He insisted stomping his little feet on the floor.

 

“Junghee-ah~” She tried to reach for her son’s face but Junghee just went straight to his bed and about to cry.

 

“Aigoo~ Arasso! Arasso! Don’t cry baby~ I’ll bring your daddy with us.” Dara said panicked that her son is about to cry. Junghee don’t cry whenever she said that his father couldn’t be with them, but now seems like a different case and Dara doesn’t know what to do so she said those words.

 

“I’ll bring your daddy with us.” Who are you kidding Dara? I’m in deep . Why does my son have to be a cute stubborn child? But actually, Junghee isn’t really stubborn. He’s a son any parents would want to have and I’m lucky with that. He just became that way whenever we talk about his father. She thought while patting her son’s head.

 

“Promise eomma?” Junghee asked looking deep into Dara’s eyes with tears b from his eyes.

 

Dara wiped her son’s tears and smiled sincerely at him. I can’t let my son down. “Promise baby. I’ll bring daddy with me. When is this parent talk?”

 

“You’re the best mom!!” Junghee hug her and she almost stumbles back. Thank God for being alert.

 

“Oh! The talk will be held next week.” Junghee said smiling from ear to ear.

 

Next week?!!! Next freakin week?? OMG! Junghee what have I done? Dara thought while trying to smile back to her son.

 

“Your smile is creepy mom.” Junghee pointed out.

 

“E-eomma is just excited.”

 

Junghee just nodded.

 

“Come on, let’s grab some snack and you tell me what happened in your first day of school.”

 

Dara carried her son and went down stairs to eat while in the process of thinking what should she do and where will she get an instant husband.

 

 

Dara is walking her way to the Kwon Co., Ltd. Which is a toy company run for a long time but now in the hands of their new CEO. It has been a year since they changed their CEO and Dara has been working at the company for 4 years now.

 

Meanwhile, a young man wearing a suit over a white v-neck shirt partnered with jeans and sneakers is driving 90 Km/h with his white Aventador LP 700-4 Lamborghini not minding the speed limi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter