Meeting You

I Hate Love

 

               2 years later, you were now in senior level which is your last year for High school. Along those years you tried hard to forget all the bad memories you had. At least now you learned to manage your own emotions. It wasn’t that easy of course but with your mother’s support and advices, you were able to move on and stay strong. Moving out to Seoul also helps a lot in your fast moving on process. You  kept yourself busy in school and your part time job.

                 It was Monday morning and you woke up early to prepare for school.

                 “you ah, are you done?” your mother called downstairs.

                 “Ye, Umma.” You answered and left your room.

                 “Ready for school?” Your mother asked as soon as you step in the kitchen.

               “Ye Umma but I won’t eat breakfast ‘cause I need to be early to school today.” You answered and picked one toasted bread on the table and sip on your prepared milk.

                 “Eat first.” Your mother insisted.

                “I’ll be fine Umma.” With that you kissed your mother’s cheek and walk out from the house.

              You walked to the near bus stop and waited for 5 minutes before the bus came. You hop in and search for an empty space to sit on. As you found one in the right side near at the window, you immediately took the seat.

                “Another long day.” You sighed and patiently wait for the bus to arrive at the bus stop near at your school.

                 At the back of your seat was a guy who was talking on the phone.

                “Arraseo. I will be there after school.” ChunJi said, at his tone of  voice he was unwilling to do so.

               “Yeah yeah, I will Noona.” ChunJi rolled his eyes and hung up the phone. “Haish, so annoying! if I just had a choice not to meet her anymore.” He hissed and tucked back his phone on his pocket. Though it was not your intention to eavesdrop at the conversation you still heard everything, you just then shook your head and sighed again.

                After a couple of minutes, the bus already arrived. You stood up and slung your bag pack at your back. As soon as you took a step, a petite yet rigid body blocked your way and accidentally bumped on him. It did create a big impact that made you almost fell down backward but thanks to the fast reflex of this someone that immediately held on your waist before you even fall.

               “Omo!” You gasped and unintentionally lob your arms around his neck for support. Another gasped was heard from you when you realize that your face and his were just a few inches apart. You blink your eyes for many times to adjust your sight from the beautiful features in front of you. Chunji himself was also stunned like you. It was like no one dared to move, you just stared each other’s face.  Luckily, the bus gave another signal which made you both snapped out and immediately strengthen up. You bowed still flushed and said, “Mian.” You then hop off out the bus and he followed.

                “Hey,” Chunji smoothly called as both of you were now out the bus that already drove off. You looked back and looked at him with YES?- look.

               “Erm, I think..” he hesitantly said as he tried to compose something to get your attention. Let just put it like this, he was being fascinated by your look that he suddenly want to know about you. “this is yours?” he was talking about his own ball pen that he had been holding since this morning. You curiously looked to the ball pen in his hand. You were pretty sure that it isn’t yours so you shook your head.

               “Ani.” You answered and bowed again before you turn to leave.

             “Dumb Chunji!!” Chunji thought as he realized what he just said. He lightly hit his temple in embarrassment and decided to walk after you.

            “I-“ he called your attention again. Because of your natural polite manner, you looked back again to him. You can obviously tell that he really wanted to say something.

             “Is there something I can help?” You politely asked with your pure innocent eyes.

            “I could tell we both attend the same school?” he said while looking at your school logo which attached in your vest. You looked also on his and nodded in agreement.

             “Yes, I guess.” You said, “Why?” you then asked.

            “We should go together.” Chunji abruptly said. Your eyes slightly widened in surprise though it wasn’t really a big deal you just really didn’t expect. “I mean, it’s on my way in school and I think you too, so it’s okay if we go together, right?” he tried to keep his expression calm for you not to think of anything ‘malicious’.

              “Oh,” you thoughtfully looked to your way and then to him. “It won’t harm, right?” You thought and said, “Okay.”

             You saw his face brighten but you didn’t give any meaning of it so you just continued to walk as you were sure he’ll follow. ChunJi caught up with you and walked beside with you. It was silent of course, since both of you don’t know what to talk about. It’s not that you mind or something but it was really awkward at the moment.

              “What year are you?” Finally, ChunJi broke the silence.

              “I’m now senior.” You shortly answered.

              “Oh, really? I’m a senior too.” he suddenly studied your face. “But why I didn’t seem to notice you before?”

              “I’m a transferee this year.” You admitted.

            “I see. Yeah,  because I really wonder why I didn’t see you, I mean , I never did encounter  you inside the campus.” ChunJi said. “and beside it’s not that hard to notice your pretty face.” He praising-ly added. You don’t know how to react to that statement.

               “This guy is kinda straight forward.” You thought not daring to look at him nor respond on the praises.

               “Then what class are you in?” He asked again. You two were now nearing at school gate.

               “Class B.”

              “I should transfer to that class.” ChunJi murmured and smiled to himself. You heard the mumbled but it wasn’t that clear.

                “What did you say?” you asked.

            “Ah, nothing. Well, it’s nice to meet you, oh? What should I call you, then? I’m ChunJi by the way.” ChunJi offered his hand for a hand shake.

             You curiously looked at him. “What is wrong with this guy?” Your gaze landed to his hand which is ready to welcome yours. You thought for a second, before responding. “I’m you.” But you didn’t shake his hand instead continued to walk.

               “Oh, pretty name, you.” ChunJi commented which made you flushed again.

             Both of you arrived at the school gate. Before ChunJi could even offer to walk with you in the campus, you stopped and face him. “Um, I guess we should walk separate now. Nice meeting you ChunJi-sshi.” You bowed and immediately left.

              “you.” Chunji softly called but you didn’t look back. He then decides to stop and didn’t follow. “See you later, youah.” He then smiled to himself and started to walk on his way in the campus.

               “I don’t know but he’s kinda creepy.” You worriedly thought and continued to walk to the school lobby, way to the lockers.

               “you!” someone called. You didn’t even bother to turn to that person ‘cause you already knew who it was. It was your close friend or more likely best friend; Ji yeon.

               “Hey.” You casually greeted while gathering your stuffs in your locker.

              “What is with your gloomy face again, eh?” Ji Yeon teasingly asked as she opened her locker which is just next to yours.

                “What?” You innocently asked as you tucked the books in your bag pack and closed your locker.

            “Essh. Never mind! Let’s go. We’ll be late for our class with Mrs. Kim.” Ji yeon held your arm and started to grab you running to the classroom.

                “Ji Yeonie, we still have 5 minutes. Why do we need to run?” You protested but still didn’t dodge anyway.

              “You need to stretch out your bones! Don’t be too lousy, you.” Ji Yeon chuckled. You were sure that it was just her way of cheer you up.

               Since the day you transferred to Seoul High, Ji Yeon was the first one who you had made friend. She’s easy to be with and worthy to be trust, that’s why she already knew about your past.

                “Aw, nice compliment!” You mockingly answered.

                “Ha ha.” Jie Yeon laughed.

              After a while, you both were now in the class room. Panting, you clutched your chest to catch up some air; your friend Ji Yeon was doing the same.

               “Are you energized now?” Ji yeon cheerfully asked.

              “Kinda.” You answered and headed towards your desk; Ji Yeon followed and took hers.

           “I know. I’m so used with your everyday gloomy face, but duh you, can you just like smile.” Ji Yeon suggestively said as he took her seat just behind yours.

               You didn’t answer instead looked back at her and gave her a sarcastic smile.

             “Pfft!” Ji Yeon rolled her eyes in frustration, however she wasn’t angry in other way it just that she knew you can be so stubborn and sarcastic sometimes. This time you smirked then looked back in front just in time when Mrs. Kim arrived.

                “Good Morning.” Mrs. Kim greeted.

                “Good Morning.” The students greeted back.

                “Should we start the class now?” Mrs. Asked.

                “Ye.” They chorused.

              Just when Mrs. Kim flipped the page of the book someone knocked on the door. Everyone attention was directly to the sudden sound.

                 “Gyojang seonsaengnim (Prinicipal).” Mrs. Kim welcomed.

                 “Mrs. Kim, can I have a second?” The principal requested.

                “Sure,Gyojang seonsaengnim.” Mrs Kim bowed and made away for the Principal. He took the opportunity and walked to the center.

                “I won’t take long students, but anyway there is someone who want-, oh I mean who was decided to transfer in this class. He was from class A, but then he needed transfer here.” The principal coughing-ly stated it was a partly lies since ChunJi asked for him not to tell the real reason behind of transferring in that class. The whole class where all oblivious at the announcement.

              “Really?”   “From Class A?”  “Why all of a sudden?” Your classmates started to questioned and gossip around.

                 “Who do you think he must be?” Suddenly, Ji Yeon popped out behind your head.

                 “How would I know?” You uninterestedly shrugged and continued to flip the pages of your book.

                “Haish!” Ji Yeon hissed and slightly poked your head. You glaringly looked back at her as you cutely rubbed the not so painful part that Ji yeon had poked. She just then stuck out tongue to make fun of you more.

               “I’ll get on you after class.” You whisperingly warned and turn your back from her. You heard Ji yeon chuckled at your cute reaction, “Haish pabo, Ji Yeon.” You then smilingly shook your head.

                   “Silence!” The principal partly yelled as he tried to get the attention of the student. As soon as the class room stopped he looked in the door way, “You can come in now, Lee Chan hee.” He then called. The whole class especially the girls start to swoon as they heard the famous slash beautiful slash goddess like name. *LOL*

                 “OMONA!” The girls squealed.  “Chunji ah!” they delightedly cheered at the sight of the pretty boy who came in.

                  You looked up with widened eyes. “HIM?!”

               “Omo, the Class A’s top, ah erase that, he is the senior’s top heartthrob, Lee Chan Hee a.k.a ChunJi!” You heard Ji Yeon exclaimed behind you, it wasn’t that loud enough though. But you didn’t have time to react about that as you glued your gazed to the said guy.

                 “He’s from Class A?”

                “The weird guy? Oh a creepy one too?”

                “Why is he here?”  Those were the questions and thoughts that are hanging in your head.

                Chunji, on the other hand was searching in the entire room, to look up for you. He smiled as he spotted you at the back row in state of shocked, he believes. But that simple smile was mistaken by the girls (including Ji Yeon) that were directed for them, and of course they were like going to faint soon.

                “Hi, I’m Lee~” ChunJi started to introduce himself when he was stopped by, “CHUNJI!” the fan girls finished for him and they giggled. They love to call him ChunJi as it was way easier and manlier for him. ChunJi shyly smiled and rubbed the back of his neck. If the girls were very delight at the thought of ChunJi’s becoming their classmates, the boys were like sulking for they know they won’t be ever recognized now especially at ChunJi presence.

                 “I think we don’t have a problem now?” The principal asked.

                 “Yeeeeeeee.” Everyone happily answered, well minus the other boys though.

                “Alright, Chan hee-sshi I’ll leave you now.” the principal patted ChunJi’s shoulder and the said boy bowed with a nod. The principal left.

               “Sit here, ChunJi!”

               “No, here!”

               “ChunJi ah!”

             Almost all of the girls wanted ChunJi to seat beside them. But obviously this guy wasn’t giving an attention to them, all his gaze was in only one girl, no other than, YOU/you. You both shared a glance for a few seconds before you decided to bow your head to avoid his melting stare.

              “Chan hee-sshi, go find your sit now.” Mrs. Kim instructed. The said boy bowed again and walked to find for an empty desk. His eyes sparkled when he saw the empty desk in front of you. You of course weren’t looking in his way so you didn’t know.

              “Is this taken?” ChunJi asked it was apparently addressed to you. You warily looked up and saw him smilingly looking down at you. A familiar shiver run down to your spine, his smiles was really weird for you, and the weirdest thing is in a very good feeling yet in unexplainable strange way. After a while of staring at each other, you immediately snapped out and shook your head as a response. Chunji gladly took the seat.

             You mentally slapped your face to completely snap yourself from all this weird feelings. You shook your head once again, and continued to listen to your teacher.

                Four and half hours passed, morning classes ended. 

             “Ji Yeonie, let’s go eat lunch, I still need to go to library after.” You said as you arranged your things in your desk before leaving. Ji yeon nodded and did as well.

             “Hey, you.” You heard someone called. It was a familiar voice that it didn’t make you spun around immediately. You saw your friend gaped at you like, YOU-KNOW-EACH-OTHER?-look. You sighed and slowly look back to see ChunJi smiling yet again to you.

              “Hey.” You casually replied. “I didn’t know you’re transferring here in our class.?”

              “‘cause of you. Chunji mumbled but you somehow unclearly heard it.

              “What?” you asked startled ChunJi shook his head.

          “Ani, I was just saying I was really transferred here based on the principal decision.” It was a lie of course.                   Actually, the principal was his uncle but it’s barely known by the other students, including you. ChunJi asked a favor from him and that was for him to transfer in your class, and because the principal couldn’t say no to his beloved nephew, he agreed.

           “Oh, I see. Welcome in our class then.” You half heartedly smile to him which made him respond you with a wide pretty smile yet again.

       “HELLO!” Ji Yeon butted in the conversation. “Okay, it was a shocked that you two know each other but youah can we eat first? I’m hungry y’know.” She pouted. “But you can just introduce me to him later.” She then teasingly elbowed you while looking at ChunJi.

            “Are you guys taking lunch now?” ChunJi asked. Both girls nodded. “Great! We can just eat together, my treat.” ChunJi suddenly invited. You and Ji Yeon were surprised at the sudden invitation.

            “REALLY?” Ji yeon exclaimed excitingly as she widened her cute eyes.

            “Yeah.” ChunJi smilingly nodded.

            “YAY!” Ji Yeon cheerfully clapped and tugged on your arm.

            “No need. We have money.” You tried to decline but it didn’t work.

             “It’s okay, we’re friend, right?”  ChunJi said.

        “OF COURSE WE ARE!” Ji Yeon exclaimed again and casually tugged on ChunJi’s arm. You were slightly embarrassed with your friend’s action but also can’t help to giggle at her super natural characteristics towards other people.

            “That’s so Ji Yeon.” You shook your head and smiled at once.

           “Go go go!” Ji Yeon cheered as she both dragged you outside going to the cafeteria, as if you three were best of friends, for quite long time now.

          That was your first time taking lunch with other people, (well except your mother and Ji Yeon,) for almost 2 years now. You’ve been used of being alone since the day you had felt that dumping incident. You always don’t trust people and you’ve been too picky of talking to people, but it somehow changed when you meet Ji Yeon.

          An hour of eating, introducing and chatting, you, Ji yeon and ChunJi went back to your class for afternoon classes. It was of normal, except for not being used of ChunJi’s broad yet petite backside at your front view. You don’t know what that feeling is but you were pretty sure, it was weirdly uncomfortable.

           On that the same day, Chunji directly went to meet his noona (who was assuming that she was Chunji’s girlfriend) after school. But he just went to tell off that their ‘relationship’ couldn’t continue anymore, that they need to separate ways now that he and she were now in end.

             “We both knew that this relationship will never lead to anywhere, Si Yeon Noona. I’m sorry that we even have to come to this point. I still wish you a good life though, you know, you’re great woman, you deserved a guy much better than a young me.”

----

            Time, days, weeks, months passed by, ChunJi managed to get and earned some of your trust. He was being a kind friend to you; he doesn’t try to show you any weird things that you wouldn’t like. It was just a plain FRIEND relationship. In some reason, you were also getting used to his companion. He really helped you a lot. He would be there when you were alone, and when Ji Yeon is nowhere in sight. You were also able to open up to him sometimes.

            But along this friendship, that tingling feeling for him was still there. You knew it was wrong to feel that way since you vowed to not love anymore. So you decide to set aside everything, and continue to be friend with him. You think it was way better; at least it won’t cause you much pain when he left.

              What you didn’t know, was his mutual feeling for you. Of course it wasn’t that obvious since ChunJi was good in hiding his feeling, or more likely a COWARD. Was a good pretender. He once planned to confess his feeling for you, but then he was taken aback when you shared your past experience to him. He thought it might just be good to be your friend rather than making away to keep a distance between you two. He promised to keep his feeling as much as he could just to be with YOU.

             Ji Yeon, as an observer and a good friend, she was able to notice these ‘things’. She already did even at first. She didn’t believe that ChunJi transferred to your class with no specific and important reason. The fact that, why would ChunJi transfer in Class B when he has a nice life in Class A. it was impossible for her. So she played along and tried to continue her observation. She wants to help you to fix your perspective about past life, the hatred that’s already planted in your heart. And the only perfect plan she could only think is, to be CUPID for you and ChunJi.

            One day, Ji Yeon got a chance to have one on one friendly talk with ChunJi. At first it was all about their personal lives and schools, etc. but changes when Ji Yeon started the topic about the issue.

         “So, what’s your thing for you?” Ji Yeon casually asked, as if she already knew about ChunJi’s motive for you. ChunJi looked at him with curious and slightly widened eyes, -WHATAREYOUSAYING? “You like you, don’t you?” she asked again.

             “What?”ChunJi asked. It was not more like denying, it was like just being shocked on how she did know.

             “Don’t deny it, I could clearly see everything.” Ji Yeon said. Chunji was silent.

            “Well, that…” Chunji cleared his throat to start explaining everything to Ji Yeon, beside they were friends anyway. It wouldn’t harm if he could at least share it to her, he thought. “ye- yes I…. I – Like her.” He stuttered as he utter those words.

          “Babo Chunji!” Ji Yeon said as she playfully poked ChunJi’s head and smiled, “Why don’t you confess to her then?”

            “It was not that easy to do when she already drowned herself in her past memories.” ChunJi said and bowed his head in disappointment.

             “You haven’t tried yet.” Ji Yeon said.

             “I know. But I’m just afraid to see her reaction. It was not just easy, Ji Yeon. You knew that.” ChunJi sighed.

           “Yeah, I know. But, I always would want to help you. It wasn’t long ago since we became friends but I could say we really became close. I had known enough about her and I think she really is a nice a girl and all; I don’t even understand why she had to suffer those things.” Ji Yeon said, sympathetically thinking of the past you had.

            “Exactly what I’m trying to say.” ChunJi agreed at Ji Yeon statement.

            “I have a plan.” Ji yeon suggested.

             ………………………………………………….”

______________________________________________________________________________________

 

THANK YOU you for reading! Lots of Love for you!