The day I was left.

I Hate Love

 

              “Appa, you won’t leave me right?” You tearfully asked as you squeezed you father’s hand who was lying on the bed in one of the room in the hospital. He gave you an encouraging smile and locked eyes with you, like he was memorizing every part of your beautiful eyes.

               “I won’t my Princess.” He said and reached for your cheek to caress it.

               “I love you Appa.” You said and hugged him as you rested your head in his chest.

              “I love you more you ah, always remember that wherever I’ll go, I’ll always watch over you. I’ll never leave you, Princess.” You felt your father carefully your back. You couldn’t hold your tears anymore and cried yourself out. Your mother painfully watches you both; as she knew that your father wouldn’t live long because of his disease and she knew that it will break your heart and world.

                Your father looked up at your mother and assuringly smiled at her. “I’m ready to rest, I love you.” That was the unspoken words that your father trying to say which your mother immediately understood. She nodded and kissed your father’s forehead, tears skipped from her eyes. “I love you too, yeobo.”

              After a few seconds, you felt that your father stop from your back and you can feel also that his breathing became shallow in his chest. You looked up to his face and saw his eyes slowly closing.

               “Appa?” You tried to shake his shoulder but his eyes were now completely close. You got even more panicked. “Appa!! Appa!! Appa!!” You continuously called and started to sob. You clicked on the emergency phone and called for the doctor’s help. Your mother couldn’t take the situation and decided to turn her back from your bawling state, she cover and cried hard as well.

               “Appa, you just told me that you won’t leave me. Appa, why?” You cried.  

               It didn’t take a minute, the Doctor and Nurses came. They immediately do the right procedures and tried to save your father life. You cried helplessly as your mother slowly grab you away from your beloved father.

                “Let him go, you ah. Let him rest.” Your mother said and hugged you tightly.

                “No Umma! Appa will live. Appa loves me, he’ll not leave. Umma, right? Umma.” You continued to sob at your mother’s hug. Your mother didn’t know what to answer; instead she your back trying to calm you down. You both hopefully waited in the corner for the doctor to say something.

                “Time of death-” that’s the words you feared to hear, and as you did your mind went blank like your world stop from moving. “Dead.” That word clung in your head.  “Appa. My Appa”

                “8:01 PM.”

~

                At the day of funeral, you’ve been silent as you stared at your father’s large frame picture. You were then hugging the small frame one. Your mother was trying to comfort and give you encouraging words but you just nod at her as a response.

               “I know wherever your father was now; he watches you and he don’t want you to be sad like this. you ah, get hold of yourself. Remember that, Appa will always be here in our heart.” Said by your mother as she patted your shoulder and continued to accommodate the people came for your father’s funeral. It’s quite a lot of people since your father is a respectable person. You bowed to some of them and decided to leave the place to get some fresh air.

 

                You went on a near park and find for a bench to sit on. As you find one, you walked towards it and leisurely seat on it. Since its still day light, there were few kids, playing happily. You watched the little girl sliding in the short slide as her father was waiting in the ground to catch her safely. You suddenly remembered the moment with your father doing the same thing when you were 7 years of age.

-Flashback-

“Come on, go slide now Princess. I’ll catch you down here.” Your father said and smilingly looking up at you.

“But I’m scared Appa.” You cutely pouted.

“Nah, your Super man is down here. You wouldn’t get harm Princess, promise.” He continued to encourage you. After a while of pause, you positioned yourself on the edge and prepared to slide down. “Go my brave Princess.” With that you decided to slide down.

“Woahhhh..” You screamed a few seconds then you were now in your father’s arm.

“Isn’t it cool, Princess?” Your father said and invisibly curled your hair.

“Ye.. I wanna try again.” You cheerfully answered. Your father nodded and let you slide a few more times before you both go to another place for fun.

-End-

              You can’t help but to start tearing up while reminiscing those memories. You already missed your father’s loving smile, how he called you Princess, how he never failed to cheer you up. You continued to sob again to somehow release yourself. The little girl you were watching a while ago suddenly appeared in your side.

               “Unni, are you crying?” Asked by the little girl. You wiped your tears away and face her.

               “Ani, unni is just sad.” You answered as you tapped the little girl’s head.

               “I saw you looking at me and my Appa.” The little girl said.

               “Oh, ye. I just remembered my Appa. That’s why am watching both of you.” You meekly smiled.

               “Where’s your Appa then?” The little girl asked again.

               “He passed away.” Mentioning you father’s death made you sad again.

              “Oh, so that’s why unni was sad? Don’t be sad unni, Appa said if your love one died they will not really leave you, they are just somewhere watching over you. So cheer up unni, okay,” Said the little girl as she gave you a warm smile. You then remembered your mother’s words.

              “Aww, that’s so sweet of you cutie. I’ll try to be happy for my Appa. Okay?” You force yourself to smile back and sign her O, for okay. “What’s your name anyway?” You then asked.

              “Seo Yeon. Ahn Seo Yeon imnida.”The little girl introduced and bowed for respect.

              “It’s a nice name Seo Yeon, nice meeting you. I’m you.” You said.

              “Nice meeting you too, you unni.” The little girl smiled again.

            “Princess, let’s go home.” Someone called, which made you froze while Seo Yeon looked back to where the voice came from.

              “Ye Appa, I’m coming.” You heard Seo Yeon answered. “I’ll be going now unni. Anneyeong!” she then looked back at you, smilingly waved  and then left.  You watched her run towards her father. Seo Yeon’s father slightly bowed at you before he took his daughter’s hand and ready to go. You bowed back for respect.

 

           “you ah.” A familiar voice called which made you look from where it came from. Your eyes brighten when you saw your boyfriend’s figure. A glint of smile form in your lips as you watched him stepping forward in your direction. “He’s here.” You mumbled to yourself.

 

             “Oppa.” You called and run to him for a hug. L.Joe obligly hugged you back. The warm cuddle of your boyfriend made you console, the same feeling with your father’s embrace. “Appa is gone.” This time you can’t help yourself but to shed tears as your father’s death flows in your head again.

             “I know baby.” L.Joe said confirming that he knew already what happened. It also pains him seeing you in this state. “Are you okay?” He asked and caressed your cheeks to wipe the tears you just shed.

             “I’m not Oppa, it hurts a lot.” You said while crying. “It hurts a lot.”

             “Sssh, it’s okay baby, cry on. Relieve all the pain.” L.Joe comforted and held you in another embrace.

            “He promised that he wouldn’t leave. He promised that to me. He said he love me.” You continued to bawl in your boyfriend’s chest. L.Joe didn’t know what to do instead he let you discharge your pain in his hold.

            “You Oppa? Are you going to leave me too?” You suddenly asked that made L.Joe froze for a moment. You didn’t get a response so you broke from the hug and hopefully looked at his eyes. You really don’t know what to do if your own boyfriend will abandon you also.

             “you ah, I have something to tell you.” L.joe started. You looked at him with tearful eyes; you thought there must be something going on. Something that made your heart beat fast in nervousness. 

 

             “Oppa?” You hopefully called.

             “We can no longer continue this relationship.” L.joe finally said the statement that torn your world into pieces.               

             “W-what?” You stammered as you tried to sync the words he just said.

             “I’m leaving for America tomorrow.” L.joe said, it really hurts him to do this but he really has no choice. It was like your tongue was tied since you can’t utter any single words. “I’ve already told you about this right? This is only my chance to meet my Mom.” He explained.

             “But you’ll still going back, right? You will go home?” You asked as you looked intently in his eyes, hoping that he’ll say yes.

             “Mom said, I’ll just stay there for good.” L.Joe answered and painfully looked away from you. You felt your limb weakened and suddenly got on your knees.

             “So- y-your du-mp-ing me also?”  You asked again as you clutch your hands in your lap and tried to hold your tears to fell again.

             “It’s not like that, you ah. It just that we’re still young, if we are really meant together, then we can still see each other in the future.” L.Joe bent down and put his hands in both of your shoulders, trying to explain the situation in a way that you wouldn’t get hurt that much. “I had loved you, I’m sure of that. But I realized that we still have to think of other things. It’s not enough that I love you and you love me. As I have said we’re still young, and there’s still a lot of things we haven’t figure out yet.” He continued.

             “It’s still the same Byung hun, you are still going to leave me. That’s how I understand it. So stop explaining anymore and leave. Go leave me, like Appa did. Go away!” You pushed him hard that cause him to sit on the ground.

              “I can’t leave you like this, you.” L.Joe said.

              “Leave! Go leave!” You partly yelled.

              “Please, don’t make this hard for me.” L.Joe pleaded and held your hands.

              “Don’t touch me!” You freed your hands out from his grasp and stood up. “And hard, huh? Do you know how I feel right now, Byunghun oppa? Do you know hard it is? Appa just died, and it didn’t even take a day and you’re also leaving!” You exclaimed every word. You failed to show your strong side as another batch of tears fell from your eyes.

              “I’m sorry.” Is what only L.Joe able to said. “I really am sorry.”

           “Sorry couldn’t change anything.” With that you gathered all strength left from you and said, “Farewell, Byunghun o-oppa.” and run away as much as you could.

              L.joe was left there still sitting on the ground; it’s not that also easy for him to leave you, besides he did also love you but he just need to do go.

              “I’m really sorry, baby.”

___

             “I won’t ever love anyone anymore. They’re just all the same.” You hide to an alley just a few meters away from where you left L.Joe and continued to cry yourself out.

             And after a while you came back to your Appa’s funeral and spend the last minute before everything ended.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Hey yo! Finally an update for this one-shot, erm actually two-shot. Yes. I’m going to split this in to two because it would be so loooong if I wouldn’t. *like the other one-shot. X)*

LOL, I know, no one expected that L.joe was your ex- boyfriend. Kekeke. I just wanna try something new since L.Joe had always been the main lead on my other FFs, fact as my bias! LOL so what do you think guys? But don’t worry CHUNSA; this is really a CHUNJI fic, okay.  Let’s just say, L.Joe did the cameo. ^~^

BTW, Check out on the final chapter soon where you will meet your soul mate, ChunJi!  

Thanks subscribers! I saw some of you in my other CHUNJI one-shot, even at my first one-shot (Childhood Lover). sobs. I really thank you because it's just a proof that you guys were indeed supporting my works.

ILYOU all. ♡

 

Wait for my final chapter soooooooooooon ^__^