Rain

My Rainy Days Lover

      Rain. Out off all the days, it had to rain that day. Oh what an awful day! I spilled my coffee, I left my umbrella and it was raining. I walked fast to find a place for the rain to stop and I found a shed. Without knowing anything, I walked to the shed and sat on the wooden just stared at the rain. Reevaluating my day, it was the worst day and my brother wouldn't pick me up because he was going on a date. That idiot Jason. So, I just stood there waiting. But suddenly I heard a sound. It sounded like someone grunting in pain. 

      When I heard the sound, I was actually afraid to turn around. What if that person turned out to be the most wanted serial killer on earth?! I don't want to die yet I am not even married! But being that crazy girl, I turned around and it was actually a guy sitting helplessly behind me at the wall. He looked tall, muscular, sharp jawline and intimidating black eyes. So I thought wow this guy could be my soulmate from heaven. Awwww I hope it didn't hurt when he fell from heaven. But wait, that guy looked like he was in pain I thought. Oh dear! There are blood trickling down his hand. I carefully approached him. I offered to help. At first he rejected but as he grunted in pain again, he agreed. Thankfully, I had a piece of cloth inside my handbag. I cleaned his wound and we sat there. 

     That mysterious man and I started to talk. We introdiced ourselves and he told me his name was Kris Wu he's Chinese and I told him my name "I am Naomi". I found this guy very charming and nice. It was just his looks and him being in pain that made him look creepy. Kris was actually riding his bike when it slipped because the road was too slippery as it was raining at that time. That explained why he was bleeding. Miraculously, his bike fell down into the big drain but he managed to climb out despite being injured and it was raining,so he walked to the shed.

     After a while, it stopped raining. So, we decided to walk home together. Surprisingly,  he lived in the same neighbourhood just a few blocks away from my house. Kris, being an absolute gentlemen, offered to send me home eventhough his hand was injured. I asked him why, he said "Hey a man can't let a pretty girl walk home alone at this kind of time". Ahh, I was falling for this guy. He even offered me his scarf because he saw me getting cold as we walk and the wind was blowing mercilessly. It was quite a chilly spring. We reached my house and we bid goodbyes.Kris gave me a warm hug and a kiss on the forehead as a thank you. He asked me to hold his scarf so we could meet again and I could give it to him.

      I went upstairs to my room in glee ignoring Jason who was bombarding me with questions asking me why I was home late and who was the "guy". "Oh Jason I think I just found my soulmate!"I said. " Naomi are you crazy?! I am not allowing my baby girl to date." I was a teenage girl who was in love. I guessed this is why people said that you feel a spark when you have met your first love. I guessed the rain really was a blessing from god as i felt that i have met a person i wanted to spend the rest of my life with. I felt like it was not really a bad day and I don't hate the rain anymore. The rain actually made me thought and I met my destiny on a rainy day.

      A few days after that, I was working doing my usual barista work at the coffee shop downtown. The bell that was hanging by the door ringed signalling someone was coming in but it was pouring rain. Wow it rained cats abd dogs that day as i remembered. Oh well, someone probably needed shelter. So, I continued my work and suddenly a voice whispered to my ears, "Hey beautiful". I turned around and I could not believe my eyes. It  was Kris. That husky voice that sent chills down my spine was here once again. "What are you doing here?" I asked. "I am here to see my pretty girl working", he said. Oh, he was such a flirt! I made coffee for him. Black. No sugar. No milk. Just mysterious like him. I was smiling like an idiot. Ahh... I always met him on rainy days. Maybe, the rain really was a blessing.

      I gave him his scarf back and we became really close and he became my boyfriend eventually. We would call each other on rainy days or as he would like to say it, our day and time. Kris was a really nice guy. I was thankful to be his other half. Inhaling his scent it was very intoxicating. I cried everytime I do this. I missed him so much. He was mine and I was his. That feeling of laying my head on his broad chest whenever I had trouble, his husky voice talking and his kind gestures to me was still fresh in my mind. He exist in my memories as if he is still here beside me going through days of our life. Even after six years of that tragic day of him leaving me forever because of a car crash, I still love him ever so dearly. Now, no more calls on rainy days but instead I know, whenever it rains, he is somewhere there and missing me too. I love you my rainy days' destiny, Kris.