|Prologue|

|Veiled Threads|

Inside a small, ill-fitting closed space, a one-way mirror greets Chanyeol surprisingly. Exposing his restless physique groaning in extreme discomfort, he blinks his bleary-eyed orbs in confusion-- wondering why he's in such a place. He shakes his messy hair to indurate his sight and to get his consciousness back to normal-- but to no avail.

 

Trembling in fear, Chanyeol hesitates as soon as he tilts his eyes-- his sight blurry enough to restrain himself from moving a bit too much. He breathes in, inhaling the offensively malodorous scent of the room which has him confined for over 24 hours now. He flinches from his seat, noticing the absence of his hands as if he couldn’t feel it.

 

Staring down, he panics when he sees metallic clamps wrapped around his wrist. Like a bracelet which doesn’t suit his taste at all.

 

A man sits before him, taking in the same air before slamming his hands against the wooden table. Its sound boomed in the entire room, creating a strikingly painful echo making Chanyeol's eyes shut tightly in anxiety and in jitters. He could barely open his mouth to speak, nor whisper an explanation when he doesn’t even know what happened, and he could scarcely remember anything. Nothing has ever registered in his mind for the past 24 hours of his confinement, and he has unfortunately turned mute.

 

"Mister Park Chanyeol, correct?" the man in a white-collared shirt utters, his voice deep and hoarse. This man must have been staring at him sleep for the past few hours. He must be tired, because hearing his voice though sharp and audible, it still sounds a bit weary.

 

The young man before him looks young, considering the way he dressed up, he must be someone full-blown. Around his early thirties maybe. He heaves a sigh as he rests both hands above the table, intertwining them together, waiting for a reply.

 

Chanyeol closes his eyes once more, taking his time to think of the last thing he could remember and disregarding the fact that this man, is asking him just about his name.

 

I had a best friend. As if we were kids, he stole something he shouldn't have, so I got mad.

And suddenly, I found myself being stared at by hundreds of people, as if I did such a huge mistake.