three

Artwork

Wonshik still remembers the look on Hongbin's face that night when he held him close and watched him sleep. That night, he wouldn’t want to close his eyes because he feels like the flower boy is slipping away from him. Because he feels like he would be gone the next morning.

 

 

And he was right.

 

 

He was gone the next morning. He left him. His artwork left him.

 

 

Wonshik isn’t dumb. He knows that Hongbin thinks he isn't good enough for Wonshik. He knows that the younger boy gets insecure a lot. But why would he let it get into him?

 

 

He made sure Hongbin feels loved. Whispers and small words were often. Cuddles are on a daily basis. I love you's are more often than meals. But Hongbin still left him.

 

 

Was he never enough?

 

 

Did Hongbin even love him?

 

 

Tears were b Wonshik's eyes once again. What if Hongbin loves someone else? Just the thought of his artwork wrapping his arms around another person pains him. It's enough to form a lump in his throat.

 

 

Wonshik shifted in his bed and turned around to see Hakyeon's sleeping face up close. He kind of got used to this. Hakyeon would always slip into his side when everyone else is asleep and he would hold Wonshik close, his breath ghosting over the younger's neck.

 

 

It used to be Hongbin. Wonshik thought of his lover again. Hakyeon isn't supposed to be there. It is not his place, not now, not ever. It's Hongbin's place.

 

 

Hongbin should be the one right here, beside Wonshik.

 

 

During Saturdays, Hongbin would always go to Wonshik's room and bring out a board game. He loves playing games, even though he at them most of the time. Wonshik doesn't like being the loser, neither Hongbin so board games would always end with the two of them arguing. It never got into a serious fight. Wonshik would always kiss Hongbin while he was in the middle of saying something just to shut him up. Hongbin would always be dumbfounded at first then he'll smile to the kiss and wrap his arms around the other's neck, pulling their bodies closer. Kisses were long and heated and it would always leave the both of them exhausted until the next morning.

 

 

Wonshik misses those Saturdays. He misses everything. From Hongbin's dimple, his stupid laugh, he misses the way Hongbin couldn't say three sentences without laughing even once. He misses his lips, his warmth, those rude interruptions Hongbin does whenever he's talking. He misses Hongbin and his games and his broad chest and his bright smile. He misses Hongbin, his artwork.

 

 

But Wonshik doesn't know how to be something Hongbin misses.

 

 

It almost took forever for Wonshik to comprehend what was happening the next day. Tears blurred his vision and he couldn't think straight. All that he knows is he's back. Hongbin finally came back.

 

 

The atmosphere around the dorm wasn't heavy, but it wasn't light either. While the others played a movie, Wonshik sat in front of Hongbin and stared at him like a child, admiring his artwork's whole being. Hongbin's eyes are red and swollen. Bags beneath his eyes are bigger than the last time they saw him around. Fatigue is evident in his face. But all in all, he still looks beautiful.

 

 

When Hongbin stood up to go to his room, Wonshik followed him. This time, he wouldn't let Hongbin get out of his sight.

 

 

"Hongbin..."

The younger boy visibly stiffened, stopping in his tracks as he heard Wonshik's voice.

 

"Hongbin, I'm sorry"

 

There wasn't an answer, just silent breaths and Jaehwan's voice sounding from the living room.

 

 

"Hongbin, Please don't leave me again. Please stay with me. I'll be everything you want, I'll..."

 

 

Wonshik choked back a sob before walking over to Hongbin and wrapping his arms around his lover, face buried on Hongbin's shoulder.

 

 

"I'll be sufficient. Just please... Don't leave me. I'll be miserable without you"

 

 

They stayed silent for a few seconds. Hongbin's sleeve is getting drenched by Wonshik's tears but he never minded it. The whole room is composed of Wonshik, his sobs, his uneven breaths, his plea for Hongbin to come back. Suddenly, it felt like Jaehwan's voice faded to the background. Neither Hyuk's laugh nor Hakyeon's nagging can be heard. Everything Hongbin can hear is Wonshik.

 

 

"Why are you apologizing?"

 

 

Hongbin sternly said making the older guy flinch a little. He removed Wonshik's arms from his body and turned around to face his beloved.

 

 

"Hyung, I was the one who wronged you. I shouldn't have left. I shouldn't have let my insecurities come in our way. "

 

 

The younger boy reached up and tipped Wonshik's chin to face him. Tears are still falling from his eyes, even though he has his lower lip trapped between his teeth to stop his sobs.

 

 

"While I was away, all I ever thought was you. I found myself always thinking 'Wonshik hyung would do this, do that if he's with me'. I was trying to forget you because I thought I can. Turns out that I love you more than I thought I would. And I love you more than you think I do."

 

 

Hongbin's voice cracked in the last sentence. Wonshik's vision was a bit blurred but it's clear enough to see that the other has been stopping his tears.

 

 

"I don't think I can last another day without you. Can you take me back?"

 

 

He used his thumb to wipe his Hyung's tear stained cheeks and placed a small kiss on his lips.

Wonshik just cried harder, nodding his head before wrapping his arms around Hongbin again, reveling in his scent.

 

 

"I love you too, Hongbin. More than you'd ever know"

 

 

And Hongbin thought that despite his insecurities, despite the hurtful comments and disappointments, there's still Wonshik. Wonshik keeps his feet on the ground when he feels like the whole world crumbles down. And he would give anything just to keep him by his side.


aaaaaand it's done HURRAAAAHHHH

i'm sorry for the navi shippers tho ;;

please tell me what you think about this, THANK YOUUUUU <365