one

Artwork

"Artwork Hongbin~"

 

Wonshik cooed across the room. A nickname he has given the younger guy a long time ago, prior to their debut. He always blabbers about being the 'creator' of the so called pretty boy, treating him as an artwork. Hongbin's jaw stiffened hearing the older guy's voice. He's so tired of this. Tired of everything. If only his looks aren't that good, if only people wouldn't have big expectations for him, he wouldn't feel pressured right now.

 

 

"You're good looking but you can't sing"

 

It's the most painful comment he has ever received in his life. They have high expectations for him because he looks so perfect. But truth is, he's not. He's still struggling to improve his vocal skills. And every fansigning event, he would hear the fans say "you're so handsome" but never "you sing so well". He envies Taekwoon and Jaehwan most of the time, especially Jaehwan. Jaehwan's got all he want, playful personality, looks and most of all, his voice. He's way more perfect than him.

 

 

"Binnie!" Wonshik jumped to the bed, pulling the covers over him as he wraps his arms around Hongbin's waist.

 

 

"Binnie, are you awake?" He whispered with his deep and husky voice that never fails to send the butterflies to Hongbin's guts. Hongbin never answered, nor nodded or made a sound. He just kept his head buried on his pillow, still sulking and cringing inside every time he hears Wonshik's flattering words. He thinks he made him believe that he's asleep until Wonshik held him closer.

 

 

"I know you're awake, is something wrong?"

 

Wonshik's words are now warm, without a sign of bubbliness. It was darker, more serious and it has a hint of...fear?

 

 

Hongbin noticed this and instead of answering Wonshik's question, he threw another "are you okay?", not moving an inch. The silence wasn't long until Wonshik forced the younger guy to face him, his eyes clearly pleading for the boy to talk to him.

 

 

"I'm fine, perfectly fine. Are you?"

 

 

Wonshik traced the sharp lines on Hongbin's jaw with his fingertips, beyond featherlight touches and passionate gazes. Every contact lingers on his jaw and sends a current to his spine. Butterflies in his stomach started to run wild, as if he wants to puke, as if someone drilled a hole in his guts. As if it was the first time Wonshik held him this close.

 

 

His gaze traveled from his lover's eyes down to his pointy nose, to his perfectly-shaped lips. It took all the willpower in Hongbin's body to not crash his lips against Wonshik's. Not to feel those soft full lips and restrain himself.

 

 

But he still did. He crashed his lips against Wonshik's, nibbling softly, gently and kissing him passionately. And when it ended, their gazes held each other's.

 

 

While Wonshik couldn't help but smile at him, he felt disgusted. He felt sick and grossed out by himself.

 

 

He's not perfect.

 

 

Not like Wonshik.

 

 

He quickly stood up, distancing himself from Wonshik as much as possible. He's not worth this. Wonshik's not worth this. All of this. He doesn't deserve Hongbin. He deserves someone better. Someone perfect. Someone who is a real artwork.

 

 

"Artwork, what's wrong?"

 

 

"Stop."

 

 

There was a deafening silence before one of them took the courage to say something. And as Hongbin parts his lips to say what he wants to, Ravi shuts his eyes closed, every syllable breaking his wall and breaking his heart, shattering it to pieces. But Hongbin shattered into more pieces, he was more broken.

 

 

"I can't be an artwork Wonshik"