Who's the smartest sibling?

We Are One

 For the past few days, the Kim family had a new routine. Those who aren’t injured would go to work and school then ending their day with a visit to the hospital. Today was a bit different as Aira was finally given the all clear to go home.

“Ready to go home, sis?” Chanyeol smiled as Aira simply nodded.

For the past few days, Aira barely said a word to her brothers. Unfortunately her parents had to leave for a business trip so the brothers were left in charge of their little sister.

“Still not talking?” DO asked Chanyeol as he helped him pack her clothes.

Chanyeol sighed. “She only speaks when spoken to, she doesn’t want anyone to touch her or be close to her”

“Not to mention, she has not visited Sehun ever since he woke up” Baekhyun added as the three of them looked over and saw Lay trying to get their sister to open up.

“Sehun’s been asking for her and I’m running out of excuses” DO sighed.

“S-She’ll tell us when she’s ready, I’m sure” Chanyeol zipped up Aira’s bag.

“Can we go now?” Aira asked her brothers.

“Don’t you want to go see Sehun before we go?” Lay asked as Aira shook her head.

“Aira, Sehun’s been looking for you. Why won’t you visit him?” DO asked.

“I don’t feel like it” Aira shrugged.

“Aira! What has gotten into you?!” Baekhyun yelled which startled Aira and the others.

“Nothing, I’m fine Oppa” Aira looked at him.

Just then the rest of her brothers came in.

“Heya sis, ready to go home?” Kris asked as she nodded. She hopped off the bed and walked towards the door.

“Let’s go” Aira spoke as she didn’t wait for their reply and left the room.

“I’m worried about her” Xiumin stated. “The nurses told me that she hardly eats the food they give her and late at night, they could hear her crying in her room”

“She’s pretending to be strong but she’s crumbling on the inside” Kai added.

“She still refuses to visit Sehun” DO sighed.

“We need to talk to her” Chen spoke as they looked at each other with worry. “I know we’re all afraid that we might say the wrong thing but this cannot go on, if we let this get any worse then she might never be the same”

The brothers nodded, they knew Chen was right. They needed to confront Aira, they needed her to forgive herself. She needed to heal.

……………..

As soon as Aira walked out of her room, she sighed. She was angry. This was all her fault. She did not want to visit Sehun because she felt ashamed to face her brother. She couldn’t talk to her brothers because she was afraid that they would blame her too. She was better off alone. She walked down the hall and stopped as she faced Sehun’s door, she peaked in and saw her brother, asleep. Sehun still had bruises and plenty of machines hooked up to him to monitor his progress.

“Sehun” Aira mumbled as she was about to walk in when she froze. She couldn’t go in. “I-I miss you” She choked as tears fell. “I’m sorry” Then she walked away. She couldn’t face him, not yet.

Ring Ring

“H-Hello?” She sniffed.

“Aira? Hey it’s me. Are you alright?” The voice spoke.

“Hi, do you have news?” Aira ignored his question.

The person sighed. “Yes, I found them”

“You did? Already?” Aira gasped.

The voice chuckled. “I think you’re forgetting who I am, missy”

Aira laughed. “Nope, Choi Minjoon. That’s your name, right?”

“Ha. Ha” He spoke. “Keep talking and say bye bye to the information that I got”

“Minjoooooooooooooooooooon” Aira dragged out his name. “I’ll buy you food”

“Now you’re talking” Minjoon laughed. “Alright when do you want the documents?”

“As soon as possible”

“I’ll stop by at yours later on” Minjoon informed her.

Aira sighed. “Sounds good”

“H-Hey Aira” Minjoon called.

“Yeah?”

For a minute it was silent as Minjoon cleared his throat.

“W-What happened to you, it’s these 7 men that did it, right?”

“Yes”

“What are you planning to do?” He asked.

“That’s for me to know and for you to forget about” Aira told him as she saw her brothers walking out of the hospital.

“I’m here, you know….if you need to talk” Minjoon whispered.

“Thanks but I’ll be fine. I’ll see you later. Bye and thank you” Aira hung up the phone as Tao reached her first.

“You didn’t wait for us” Tao frowned.

“Sorry, being in the hospital was suffocating me” Aira confessed.

“Who were you talking to?” Luhan asked.

Aira shrugged before hopping inside Xiumin’s vehicle “A friend” Then she closed the door, taking up the front seat.

The brothers could do nothing but get inside one of the cars, they needed to go home so they could talk to their sister. She needed their help.

……………………

“Finally” Aira sighed as she entered their home. “Where’s everyone?”

“We gave everyone a vacation until further notice. We thought it was best if it was just us for now” Xiumin answered.

Aira nodded. “I’ll be in my room” She grabbed her bag.

“Aira, wait” it was Lay who spoke as Aira stood still.

“I’m tired and I just want to be alone, Oppa” Aira mumbled.

“No” Kris spoke.

“No?”

By now all her brothers were looking at her.

“What?” She asked them.

“Aira, talk to us” Kai spoke.

“There’s nothing to talk about” Aira sighed.

“Stop lying! We have to talk about this” Chanyeol looked at her.

“There is nothing to talk about. I am fine!” Aira huffed.

“You are not fine! You haven’t been the same. You hardly speak to us, you barely eat anything and I bet you haven’t been taking your medicine” Baekhyun spoke.

“Don’t be ridiculous, Oppa”

“No, what’s ridiculous is the way you’ve been acting!” Luhan screamed.

“The way I’ve been acting?!” Aira laughed before frowning. “I’m sorry if you don’t like the way I’ve been acting but you don’t know anything”

“Exactly, we don’t know anything” DO sighed. “So why don’t you tell us?”

“Alright, you want to know what’s up?” Aira faced his brothers. “I feel guilty, so guilty. Sehun is in the hospital because of me. I-I can’t even see my brother because I feel so ashamed. Guilt is eating me up. I-I’m so afraid of facing you all because I don’t want you to blame me too” By now she was crying.  “I am so angry and I want to find whoever did this to Sehun and I want to hurt them. B-But I’m still hurting too and I don’t know what to do. I-I miss Sehun and I miss you all and-“ She collapsed and landed on her knees.

Lay caught his sister in his arms and hugged her. “It’s alright, Aira”

“I’m sorry. I am so sorry” She cried as she hugged her brother. “I’m so scared”

“Ssshhh” Lay carried her to the couch as their brothers crowded the pair. “You’re going to be okay”

“S-Sehun must hate me” Aira confessed.

This time it was Luhan who spoke as he sat next to her and grabbed her in his arms “Sehun does not hate you but he misses you”

“We all missed you” Xiumin smiled.

“We were so scared when we heard what happened” DO whispered.

“O-Oppa” Aira sniffed as she got up and hugged DO.

DO chuckled and kissed her head “I’m so glad you’re okay, I love you kiddo”

“I love you too, Oppa”

“I want a hug too” Somebody whined from behind.

“Aira hug avalanche!” Chanyeol cheered as all the boys move in to hug Aira.

“Can’t breathe” Aira laughed as they all pulled away. “Thank you” She smiled at all of them as they smiled back.

“We love you, you’re stuck with us forever” Chen smirked.

“Don’t remind me” Aira groaned.

“WHAT?! I thought you loved me!” Chen yelled as Aira walked away.

“FOOD!” Aira cheered, completely ignoring Chen.

“Come back here, missy” Chen ran after her.

“She’s back” Suho laughed.

……………….

“Ugh, I am so full” Chanyeol leaned back on his chair. The family was currently having lunch, courtesy of DO.

“This beats hospital food” Aira spoke.

“Hyung, you’re the best!” Kai smiled.

“I wish Sehun was here” DO sighed.

“He will be with us soon” Luhan smiled.

“Yeah, he’ll be annoying us all again, soon enough” Suho laughed.

A knock on the door interrupted their conversation.

“I got it!” Aira screamed as she ran out of the room.

“My friend is here, we’re going to be in the backyard!” Aira announced as she dragged her friend who briefly waved before disappearing.

“Who the heck is that?” Baekhyun asked.

“Choi Minjoon” Kai answered. “He’s in our year”

“Why is Choi Minjoon here?” Chen asked.

“I don’t know” Kai shrugged.

“Only one way to find out” Kai smirked.

“No way. We are not spying on her” Xiumin shook his head.

“Uh Hyung?” Lay called out.

“Yeah?”

“They’re gone” He said as Xiumin looked and saw his brothers were gone. “Damn it”

Soon all the brothers were peeking through the curtains as Aira and Minjoon sat by the pool.

……………..

“They call themselves ‘BTS’” Minjoon spoke as he handed her a folder. “They’re a wanna-be gang”

“Wanna-be?” Aira asked as she read through the file.

Minjoon chuckled before continuing “They’re rookies I guess you could say, they’re still new but word on the street is they’re cocky and too immature. They aren’t going to last”

Aira smirked. “And now they’re really not going to last”

“What’s your plan?” Minjoon asked.

“I told you, you don’t need to know” Aira spoke. “Jimin is the leader?”

Minjoon nodded “Oh and there’s one more thing” He was about to say more when Aira spoke.

“Jiyoon is his cousin?” Aira faced Minjoon who nodded.

Aira smirked. “Gotcha”

“Do you think Jiyoon had something to do with this?” Minjoon asked as Aira stood up and faced Minjoon with a smile on her face.

“Thanks for bringing this over, Minjoon-ah” She smiled as she pecked his cheek.

Minjoon blushed before smiling “I-It’s n-n-no problem”

“I have to go do something but you can let yourself out, right?” Aira smiled as Minjoon nodded. “Great! Let’s meet up again soon, my treat!”

Minjoon smiled before exiting the property, opting for the back gate.

Aira walked back towards her house, the folder in her arms. As she entered the house, she was greeted by her brothers.

“Were you spying on me?” Aira asked the boys.

“Yeah” Chen answered.

The other boys groaned.

Aira sighed “I’ll let it go” she tried to walk past them when they blocked her path.

“What do you have there?” Lay asked.

“Oh this? Homework! I’ll be in my room” Aira smiled.

“Liar” Kai smirked. “Minjoon is not in any of your classes”

“I’ll take this, thank you” Chanyeol grabbed the folder.

“OPPA!” Aira attempted to lunge at him when Tao grabbed her by the waist. “Let me go, Panda!”

“Well what do we have here?” Chanyeol smirked as he read through the files before frowning. “Aira, what is this?”

“What’s the matter Chanyeol?” Xiumin grabbed the folder and looked at it. “Aira, what is going on? Why do you have information on some gang?”

Aira sighed. “It’s a long story”

“Well start explaining then” Lay crossed his arms.

“I faked my memory loss, I remember some things about the attack. So I asked Minjoon to use his connections and he found them. These are the men that hurt Sehun and I” Aira explained.

“And what are you planning to do with this information?” Kris asked.

“What else? I’m going to make them pay”

“And how are you planning on achieving that?”Baekhyun smirked.

Aira stuttered. “I-I haven’t thought that far yet but I’m smart, I’m sure I’ll think of something”

“Yeah nice try, there’s no way you are going to confront these men” Luhan spoke.

“Whatever, I can do whatever I like” Aira huffed.

“No you can’t, you’re grounded” Luhan smirked.

“Grounded?! Why? I didn’t do anything wrong!” Aira frowned.

“Not yet” Chen laughed.

Aira stomped her feet “You can’t ground on something I may or may not do! I have not done anything wrong, therefore I shouldn’t be grounded”

“Minseok?” Luhan asked the oldest.

Everybody looked at Xiumin. “You’re grounded”

“What?! On what grounds?” Aira challenged.

“F-For pushing me” Suho spoke.

“When did I push you?” Aira asked as Tao pushed Aira towards Suho who got the message and whined.

“Ow, bad Aira” Suho said. “You’re grounded”

“Now go to your room!” Chen smirked.

Aira sighed. “Fine. Just saying, 11 to 1 is clearly not fair. I will be bringing this up to the higher courts aka mom and dad. Good day, gentlemen” Then she went to her room as they heard her door slam shut.

Lay started to walk towards her room.

“Where are you going?” Kris asked.

“To go check on her” Lay smiled.

“I’m sorry sir, visiting hours are over” Luhan smiled.

“This family is so weird” Lay sighed as he sat down on the couch. “So what are we going to do about that” he pointed to the folder.

………………..

“We could call the police?” Tao suggested.

“And say what, ‘hey officer, these men beat up my brother and sister?’” Chanyeol scoffed. “They’ll never believe us not without sufficient evidence”

“Chanyeol is right” Kris sighed.

“Hey guys” DO called his brothers. “It’s been quiet upstairs”

“Yeah, so what?” Chen asked.

“Who’s the smartest out of all of us?” DO asked them.

“AIRA!” They all yelled as they ran upstairs.

“WAIT!” Lay yelled, preventing them from opening her doors. “How would she have left the house? She doesn’t have a car”

Kai groaned “Hyung, we have over a dozen cars. All she needs is a license” Kai knocked on the door, after the third knock he opened the door and Aira was nowhere to be found.

“Damn it!” Luhan spoke as he walked towards her bed and picked up a note.

Now you have a reason to ground me ;)

Love,

Aira

“Where could she be? We had the folder” Suho said.

“She must have memorized the address” Xiumin sighed. “We have to go get her”

One by one the boys made their way downstairs and decided to use several cars.

“Which car did she take?” Xiumin asked as they all counted their cars.

“Aw come on!” Luhan groaned.

“She took Luhan hyung’s range rover” Kai laughed.

“Let’s just go get her, I’m scared” Suho bit his lip.

“Scared that she’ll get hurt?” Kris asked him.

Suho shook head “Scared that those men are going to get hurt”

Tao laughed. “We don’t know how long she’s been gone for, she could have finished the job already”

“This is why I said no Wushu” Xiumin sighed.

“But she wanted to tag along” Tao sulked.

“What about Karate?” Xiumin continued.

“That, she wanted to do on her own” Kris chuckled.

Then all their phones beeped.

“Unbelievable” DO chuckled.

Each brother received a photo of their sister sitting on the range rover’s hood, looking bored with the caption

Hey losers,

I hope by now you have figured out that I escaped. You were all too loud to realise that I walked out the front door. Well I gotta go kick some . See you later and good luck catching me.

Love,

Aira

PS – Luhan Oppa I accidentally spilt some sauce in your car, I got hungry. #sorrynotsorry #baozioppawillpayforit #ifnotunicornoppawill

“I’m going to kill her” Luhan spoke.

“Nobody is dying today, hopefully” Xiumin sighed. “Let’s go!”

Soon all the boys were in several cars as they tried to catch up with Aira, Luhan complaining about his sister and his poor baby.

 

 

Author's Notes

- I'm back with another update~~

- I hope this answered some of your questions hehe

- Let me know what you think

- What do you think is going to happen next? What do you want to happen next? Are you ready for some romance? hehe I should start building up new female characters

- Don't forget to comment and subscribe <---- They help!

Till next time!

Angel8177