Stranger

Under the same moon
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Leah

 

Marie just called me telling that mom is already asking about me.
I really have to go at this thing? Maybe I can take a plane a fly to California, I don't know. 
This entire situation is really messing up my life.
I hear the front door open and I know that is probably Jay, because after what I said to Hyungseok it can't be him.
He enters my room and the expression in his face isn't relaxed at all. I'm not the only one who is bothered by this.

"Are you here to bring me home or what? Because I just had a little quarrel with Seok and if you aren't here for be my driver I want to be alone."

"About what?"

"About things. So?"

"Mom wants to be sure that you are coming so, yes, I'm her to ditch you there."

Good, my babysitter is here. "Ok, is he at home?"

"Yes and we have to be there in half an hour. Be quick."

When we arrived home mom and dad are in front of each other at the table and Marie is next to mom.
I think that Jay got that I didn't want to seat next to dad so he takes my place. 
No one is talking and the tension is embracing all of us.

"So, I heard that you changed school. Why? I thought you had good grades and all."

Yes, you probably think a lot about my grades. Tsk. "I broke someone's nose."

"I have a violent daughter? This wasn't in my plan."

This is just too much. "You what? You have a violent daughter? What was in your plans? I thought that you didn't had plans for us at all. Isn't this why you married a woman that was half of your age?" 

I think that I touched an uncovered nerve because now he is shifting in his seat uncomfortably so maybe I just need to go on and make this end. 

"So? The truth is hurtful? Isn't better know that you have a sincere daughter? Because I'm your daughter, right? The one who raised herself alone because someone had a problem with keeping is pants on! Isn't this a little sarcastic? We are here because you wanted to talk and communicate but I can't hear a single word coming from your mouth! A bit shameful, isn't it?"

He slaps his hands on the table. "I won't tolerate this! You are an ungrateful little girl who isn't in the position to say anything! I came here to explain what I did and you just won't hear me out! Keep your mouth shut before I do something I will regret!" 

I watch around me and mom is just keeping her hea down, Marie is watching me with tearful eyes and Jay is fuming. Well, at least they agree with me.

"I won't keep my mouth sut anymore, this is just a way to clear your conscience and before I help you will have to walk on my dead body!"

"I wanted to apologize. If you let me talk-"

"It's just a little too late. I waited years for you coming from the door saying that this was just a stupid joke and that everything was okay. But not anymore. I'm grown up and lucky me, I have a whole head full of reason to keep you away from me. I will go on with my life without you in it, just like I did before. Just stay away from me."

With that I take my jacket and walk out of the house.
I feel refreshed, but not happy. 
I said what I wanted to say and now I will probably be a little less regretful, but why I don't feel like I'm free at all?
I thought that this was what I wanted. Be honest w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter