Being Bullied

Falling In Love With A Panda

It was a month since that incident happened and Tao found himself getting closer and closer with Sehun. He would now usually hang out with Sehun and his gang of friends, and they were really warm and welcoming when Sehun introduced Tao to them. But being closer to Sehun, Tao felt that he was falling for Sehun more and more. He would mostly avoid contact with Sehun, but Sehun was the clingy type and was always clinging to everyone.

It was one of those days where they were in the canteen. Sehun was sure popular, so popular even the lunch waitress liked Sehun. It was noticeable when Sehun always didn’t have to pay but always had the biggest piece of lunch amongst all of them.

Sometimes Tao found it annoying when he was sitting next to Sehun during class as there were always a huge amount of fangirls around Sehun’s table.

One day Tao decided to go to the washroom, but was stopped when he was tripped over by a girl – to be more specific, a Sehun fangirl. Tao quickly stood up and apologized, only to earn a glare from the girl. He proceeded walking towards the washroom, which was behind the canteen. So therefore Tao needed to pass the canteen. As soon as he walked in, 3 girls walked up to him. One of them threw a slurpee over Tao, the other tipped a plate of spaghetti on him and the last one pushed him with a strong force.

Everyone in the canteen stopped chatting and looked towards Tao which was now sitting on the floor.

“GET AWAY FROM OUR SEHUN,” one of the girls shouted at Tao.

Tao tried to stand up but two other boys joined in and shoved Tao back down.

“YOU ARE NOT GOING ANYWHERE UNTILL YOU AGREE TO LEAVE OUR SEHUN,” another girl screamed.

Tao was lost of words, he felt tears in his eyes as he looked at his ruined uniform.

“OH MY GOODNESS LOOK AT HIM, IS HE CRYING?” a voice suddenly screamed from the canteen.

Tao felt his tears fall and he just decided to sit there, he knew that this would happen…One day… But he just wasn’t ready for it.

Suddenly, Baekhyun rushed next to Tao and pulled him up then dragged him out of the canteen towards the back garden.

“Tao, what happened?” Baekhyun asked, “What happened in there and your uniform?”

Tao couldn’t speak, he tried to, but he just simply couldn’t. He just kept crying.

“Was it one of those Sehun fangirls?” Baekhyun asked.

Tao just nodded.

“This is getting serious, we need to tell Sehun okay?” Baekhyun said again.

“NO!” Tao suddenly screamed, “I-I don’t w-want him to k-know, I like Sehun…”

“We have to, you heard one of the girls too right? She said that they wouldn’t stop until you leave Sehun!” Baekhyun stated.

“T-then I’ll leave Sehun okay…” Tao replied.

Baekhyun didn’t know what to do and Tao just ran away as quick as he could. He ran back home and threw away the dirty uniform and let the tap run down his body.

Tao thought to himself.

“I shouldn’t have fell for Sehun.”

“I knew it was an impossible dream.”

“Wake up Huang Zitao.”

“You and Sehun are in two worlds.”

“Sehun won’t notice you even if you leave.”

“At the first place he was just pitying you.”

Tao dried himself and hurried himself to bed, not caring if it was even end of school yet.

The next day, Tao would normally hand out with Sehun but he decided not to. He knew that there were more than a million pair of eyes staring at him.

The lunch bell rang and Tao hurried himself to the canteen as he was starving from not eating. When he arrived at the canteen, the waitress gave him a death glare.

“U-um, can I please have a sandwich?” Tao asked.

“All sandwiches are sold,” the waitress stated angrily.

“T-then what is left?”

“NOTING IF IT IS FOR YOU.”

Tao heard giggles from behind and he instantly knew that it was one of those Sehun fangirls. He just ran away and hurried himself in the washroom. He ran to the closest stall and shut the door not forgetting to lock it. He just let his tears flow, he couldn’t stand being bullied. There wasn’t a way in which he could make the fangirls not hate on him.

As soon as Tao walked out of the washroom, he sped walk across the corridor hoping he could just get in class. When Tao was close to his classroom, he was greeted by a girl holding a bucket of cold water and within less than a second. Zitao was standing there, drenched in water.

The girl dropped the bucket and ran backwards towards the huge gang of fangirls.

Tao was shaking from the coldness of the water. No one around him helped him. Some gossiped, some laughed and some even snap chatted it.

He managed to make his way into the classroom, late.

“Tao, why are you late?” Ms Chan asked.

“Um… Nothing… Sorry,” Tao said.

“Okay just get ready for class,” Ms Chan stated.

It took Tao nearly half an hour till he managed to get most of his uniform dry. He couldn’t help but cry a little.

“What did I do wrong, why do I have to suffer,” Tao thought.

By end the end of school, the whole school except for Sehun and maybe some of his friends knew about what happened during lunch. They named it the “Incident of the Soaking Panda”.

Tao was sitting at the back garden scrolling through their school website. Every single post was named “Incident of the Soaking Panda”.

Tao felt his eyes getting watery so he decided to slowly walk home. When he arrived home, he lay down on his bed and just drifted off in his world of sadness and loneliness.

The next school day was no better for Tao, the bullying got worst and worst.

Tao sighed as he walked towards his locker, only to see it filled with comments written in permanent markers.

“No one likes you!”

“Just leave the school already.”

“You don’t deserve to be here.”

“Get lost.”

Tao felt tears forming in his eyes while he read the comments that were obviously left by the Sehun fangirls.

Sehun started to find it strange that Tao was no longer attached to him and his friends. But he did not want to bother Tao as it was his own privacy.

Tao walked in to school, already knowing that there was going to be some kind of bullying. He was stunned when he saw the corridor peaceful and quiet, no one cared when he walked to his classroom. But when he walked in the classroom, a punch landed on his face.

Tao fell down towards the floor first.

“Haven’t we told you to not stay close to Sehun?” one of the fangirls exclaimed.

“Why didn’t you ask Ms Chan to move seats?” another one joined the conversation.

The group suddenly started to disappear as they saw Sehun’s limousine parked at the front gate.

Tao quickly stood up and rushed into the bathroom. When he was at the bathroom he looked at the mirror at his now ruined face. There was no way someone could miss it when they saw him, and what if Sehun questioned about it?

Luckily Tao had brought a mask with him in his bag, he quickly put the mask on.

The bell rang and everyone was seated in their chairs, Sehun just arrived on time.

“Tao, why are you wearing a mask?” Sehun asked.

Tao was about to answer but he could feel the death glares coming from all the directions so he decided to excuse himself and go and find Ms Chan, leaving a confused Sehun.

“M-Ms Chan,” Tao said.

“Yea Tao?” Ms Chan replied.

“U-um can I swap seats with someone?” Tao asked.

“Why? I thought it was going well between you and Sehun,” Ms Chan replied.

“U-ugh I just feel like it, please, please, please can I swap seats with someone,” Tao tried as hard as he could.

“Well okay, if that is your own will,” Ms Chan replied.

Tao moved back to his table and started to tidy up, then Ms Chan suddenly said.

“Anyone would like to move seats with Tao?” Ms Chan asked.

Approximately all the girls in the class shot up their hands in the air screaming “ME, ME, ME!”

Sehun on the other hand just looked at Tao… He thought: Why does he want to move?

Finally, Ms Chan managed to pick a girl and Tao swapped seats with her.

It was the first break after Tao had move seats, and surprisingly no one bothered him. Even the waitress at the canteen gave Tao his food and there weren’t any graffiti’s on his locker.

Little did Tao know that the fangirls didn’t bother him because they were busy planning something that would threaten Tao to leave the school. Their plan was to accuse him of trying to ually harass a girl in their class, and then inform the teachers. Meaning that Tao would be either have to leave this school immediately or get expelled from this school. But either way Tao would not be here anymore.

It was second break and Tao was peacefully reading at the back garden, he was reading a book about Pandas. Suddenly a girl which didn’t seem that familiar to Tao pulled Tao towards the wall and pinned him against it. She gave the bush a look and flipped them around, now Tao seemed like he was the one which pinned the girl towards the wall.

*Click, Click, Click.*

The other girls that were hiding behind the bushes took as many photos as they could until the girl escaped and left a dumbfounded and confused Tao looking at the wall.

Tao was kind of shocked when the girl had pulled him towards the wall, he thought that maybe they would punch him or kick him or do something like that. But instead she just acted strange and pinned him against the wall. Tao proceeded to just read until the end of break.

When Tao went to the classroom, he saw everyone’s eyes on him, including Sehun. He walked by the tables to his on table, only to find a mad Mr Zhang – their principle of the school. Waiting for Tao’s arrival.

“I would want you in my office now Mr Huang, we have some serious business to talk about,” the principle said.

Tao was shocked but he managed to follow Mr Zhang to his office.

“So… Do you have anything to say about this?” Mr Zhang said as he threw an envelope with photos inside towards Tao.

Tao didn’t know what was happening but he quickly opened the envelope and saw photos of him pinning a girl against the wall.

“I-I, it wasn’t me,” Tao exclaimed.

“How dare you still lie to me at this point, there are witnesses and evidence. You should already be lucky we hadn’t yet reported you to the police,” Mr Zhang harshly replied.

“S-she was the one who pinned me against t-,”

“JUST SHUT IT, I DON’T NEED ANYMORE OF YOUR FURTHER EXPLANATION,” Mr Zhang roared. “EITHER YOU CHOOSE TO LEAVE THIS SCHOOL, OR YOU GET EXPELLED, OR IF SOMEHOW A MIRACLE HAPPENS.”

Tao was crying went he came out of the office, he was completely shattered into pieces. He slowly went home and started to write a letter informing the school that he would leave permanently.

The next day Tao went to school and he believed that everyone in the school knew what was happening. The corridor had never felt as long as this, each girl he went by laughed and giggle. Mr Zhang wasn’t here yet so Tao decided to pack everything ready. He went to his locker and took the books out putting it in his recycle bag in which he had prepare.

It was their first break when Mr Zhang had finally arrived at school and saw Tao waiting outside.

“Come in, and I guess you have a letter telling me that you’d be leaving this school?” Mr Zhang smirked.

Tao reluctantly handed in the letter and turned around meeting the person in which he would never want to see again.

“Tao…”

“Tao…” Sehun said as he saw Tao with tears on his face.

“Did you come here to laugh at me like your other fangirls?” Tao faked a laugh. He honestly couldn’t hate Sehun but right now, he would see him again so he did not care.

“W-what do you mean?” Sehun asked, “I came here to check on you.”

“What do I mean?” Tao replied, “Just go ask your fangirls and you’ll know.”

Tao stayed as strong as he could ask he walked by his first love of his life. He walked pass him and went back home.

Sehun was left there confused once again, what did Tao mean when he said “Go ask your fangirls”?

After school, Sehun met up with Baekhyun, Chanyeol, Jongdae and Kyungsoo.

“Guys… Can anyone tell me what happened about Tao?” Sehun asked his friends.

All 4 of his friends just sat there and looked at each other, of course they knew about what happened to Tao, but they decided not to let Sehun know.

“Guys…” Sehun whined.

“You know what? Let’s just tell Sehun…” Baekhyun exclaimed.

“I agree, it is not like he will see Tao again,” Chanyeol agreed.

“Where should we start?” Kyungsoo said, “It is a long story.”

“Well it started from the first time where Tao was bullied in the canteen,” Jongdae said.

“B-bullying?” Sehun couldn’t believe it.

“Yea… I was at the canteen that day and I saw Tao wanting to go the washroom. He went in the canteen but he was greeted by Slurpee’s in his face and spaghetti’s on his uniform. I dragged him out of the canteen and brought him to the back garden where Tao just cried. I wanted to tell you Sehun, I wanted to tell you that Tao was being bullied because of you. But he wouldn’t let me, Tao would rather leave you than make you know he was being bullied by one of your fangirls.” Baekhyun said.

Sehun was shocked…

“I was also at the canteen the other time when Tao wanted to buy a sandwich. There were obviously more than enough sandwiches, but the waitress decided that when Tao wanted to buy one, she would not give him one,” Chanyeol said depressingly. “And after Tao couldn’t get his sandwiches he decided to go back to the classroom but he was greeted with one of your “extreme Sehun fangirls” and one of them decided to throw a bucket of cold water at him.”

“Everyone knew about the “Incident of the Soaking Panda”, well except for you, Sehun,” Baekhyun added.

“I saw some of the girl’s graffiti on Tao’s locker which was apparently next to yours Sehun. I saw his face and the comments were definitely really hurting him. He had to make sure you couldn’t see it so he erased it before you came to school,” Kyungsoo said.

“I-I…T-Tao…” Sehun couldn’t say anything, “S-so you are telling me that partly he was expelled from school was because of my fangirls?”

“Yea you could say that,” Jongdae replied.

“Well it is okay now, we can just live our lives we were living before Tao joined our school,” Baekhyun said.

The other 3 agreed.

“NO!” Sehun screamed, “It is my fault Tao had to leave this school and I am going to fix that no matter what.”

“But he chose to leave the school…” Chanyeol said.

“I don’t care how I’m going to get Tao back in this school, but I simply will okay? Do not question me.” Sehun replied rather harshly.

After school Sehun went home and went out again going to Tao’s house…

Tao was on his bed crying and looking at the photos in which he took with Sehun before the nightmares started. That was when he heard the bell ring.

Tao opened the door and wanted to immediately shut it but Sehun was quicker than him and stopped Tao from closing the door.

“W-why are you here?” Tao sobbed.

“I’m sorry Tao, I should’ve know better, I should’ve realized that you were suffering from the bullying coming from my fangirls,” Sehun said.

“I-it is okay, you don’t have to be sorry. I’ll be moving back to China soon as I might still get a chance to study there,” Tao replied.

“No it is not okay, I’m sorry.”

“From the start you were only pitying me, that was why you took care of me so much and actually paid attention…”

“It’s not like that,” Sehun states.

“THEN WHAT IS IT?” Tao can’t keep it in anymore, he roars with tears in his eyes. 

 

------------------------------------------------

Annyeong,

 

I feel bad because it is so sad... Tao being bullied...

Wait for it to get better.

What do you think Sehunnie will do?