The first day

Newest Recruit

The First day (1) 

[third person POV]


     The first day is hard even for normal human beings. The first day of school that is. Eun Mi, on the other hand, had to learn that the first day of school for, what her father called, "Special needs kids," was even tougher. The motto of her school is simple:

"The person born with a talent they are meant to use will find their greatest happiness in using it."

     And that is totally true. The school is meant for "gifted youngsters." Although many people would be scared of them, talk down to them, and even worse, curse and attempt to hurt them, this school understood these students needed a different and safe learning environment where they can learn to use their given talents and abilities to better humankind.

     But no way was Eun Mi ever going to do that. Humankind had misunderstood her for years and years. Humankind had hurt and angered her. The last thing she wanted was to help them in any shape of form.

 

 

 

 

     "Alright, you guys know the drill." The teacher said, raising her hands up. Eun Mi watched in surprise as the class followed, greeted her, bowed their heads and sat back down. What a formula for monotony.

     "I'm Eun Mi." She started, her hands beginning to shake already. She was never a great public speaker. "And, I..." She glanced at the teacher for help.

     "You can just say your name, and your power." She smiled at Eun Mi reassuringly.

     "I'm Park Eun Mi, and I'm a shapeshifter." She awkwardly stood there for a couple more seconds, as the boys in her class stared at her blankly. "Okay." Then she scurried to the last, and only, empty seat in the classroom.

     The teacher handed the boy sitting in the front row a sheet of paper that was passed almost immediately to her. "Your schedule." She simply said, turning back to the black board and scribbling a page number before leaving. There was only one book underneath her desk, so she grabbed it and turned to page 43. It was empty. So much for a first day, she thought, before putting her head down on top of the book, and closing her eyes to sleep.

 

 

 

 

     "I've never seen a girl sleep like this before." The boy laughed, showing off his dimple. Eun Mi's eyes opened, and she realized they were surrounding her desk, and their teacher nowhere to be seen.

     "What are you doing?" She asked, her head jerking up suddenly. She wiped the (embarassing) spittle from and looked at them the same way they were looking at her, in both fear and awe. "What are you doing?" She repeated again, slower and louder.

     "The question is, what are you doing? Sleeping in class when you should be studying." The boy wagged his long slender finger at her, and she made a face at him.

     "I have a question." She said, totally ignoring their question. They nodded at her in creepy unison. "Can we review names here? Because...1...2...3...7...12 names are hard to remember, especially when we're in uniform and you guys all have the same features." Gorgeous she thought.

     "I'm Baekhyun." The sassy boy from earlier said, smiling at her. "Class clown, and best student." The boys scoffed and rolled their eyes.

     "I'm Lay. You can call me Lay, I mean." He held out his hand for her to shake. "You can remember me because I have a dimple."

     "I'm Suho. Guardian angel of the classroom." He shook her hand as well.

     "I'm Kai. Guardian angel of your heart." He winked at Eun Mi, and she blushed profusely.

     "We're Luhan and Xiumin." The boys said together, waving at her and giving away eye smiles.

     "Kyungsoo. Just call me Kyungsoo." The boy didn't smile at her like the others did, and avoided her eye contact completely. He was just like her.

     "I'm Kris." The handsome and incredibly tall boy said. "And to speed this up, I'll just introduce the rest of us. That's Sehun." He pointed to a slender boy with a nice jawline. "That's Chen." Cue the boy with incredible prominent cheekbones. "Tao, and Chanyeol." She could tell them apart immediately. Chanyeol was almost as tall as Kris, but looked younger and more playful, while Tao, looked adorable and...still, scary, at the same time.

     "Well..it's incredibly nice to meet you all...I guess. Now another question." 

     "Yeah?" 

     "What are you all doing here?"