Awakening

Years of Us

Author note: It's been so long since I've written anything (outside of rping) and I feel like I need some practice. For some reason, I am nearly obsessed with SM couples and YunBoa is one of my top favorites, whether platonic or romantically linked. This small drabbles here can stand alone or intertwined.

 

 

 

i) introduction

 

BoA always hated authoritative figures, the young girl had a stubborn streak and her teenage mentality didn't help. This is why she couldn't stand Jung Yunho. Even though he was only a few months older than her, he acted like he was years ahead. In his own way, she had to admit he was pretty helpful...reluctantly.

 

Of course, she can be more upset that even though he was a few months older than her, he was still almost a head taller (and growing grrr.)

 

“What exactly is your problem?” The only thing he ever receive was a huff and 'shut up' for his questions. Much as he tried to be nice to her, she was slowly grinding him down. Was this girl always on her period?

 

ii) spark

 

“I want you two to work together.” Their choreographer suddenly (in their minds) announced one day.

 

“Why?”

 

“We need new recruits and you two are my best dancers.” They certainly felt flattered, but they didn't know how this event will turn out. The was only relieved by the fact they was still young and didn't have to worry about the choreographer trying to insert risque routines.

 

iii) technician vs performer

 

Yunho didn't know quite when it hit him, but he found himself enticed whenever he saw her move. She was the embodiment of grace and effortless. Honestly, it made him jealous to see how little trouble she have with dancing. With every move, there wasn't any forethought, it flowed. She was enjoying herself. Every move was a burst of spontaneous energy that she didn't even know she had. She was meant to be in the spotlight. She didn't need to think, it glided into existence simply because she demanded it. Wherever she goes, she commands attention. She was the natural performer, not him.

 

With him, every move was dictated and precise. Almost mechanical. There wasn't a human behind the moves, but a robot. His mind always concentrated on where his body will go. He tried to have grace and poise, but everything predetermined. He hated it. Perhaps it was the perfectionist within him that made him practice for hours on end until his body nearly collapsed. Perhaps it was the fact that he secretly enjoyed having her eyes focused on him and no one else.

 

Where did that thought come from?

 

Much as he wanted to think of the cliché 'she's just a friend' he was secretly enchanted by her.

 

  1. Heartbreak

 

No, he wasn't the annoying pretentious boy that she believed him to be when she was a young teen. They was two halves of the same coin and understood each other in a strange, unique way. When she felt her heart crumbling from a boy who supposedly love her, she wanted him. She wanted his comfort. She wanted him to be the older guy he pretended to be and give her comfort and advice. Tell her everything will be all right. Not like her parent who'll tell her there's other fish in the sea and she's being dramatic over a silly boy. Who cares?! It hurt. It hurts awfully and she wonders why people sadistically place themselves in such a situation when everything is going to end. They always did. In the end he was there, not with a 'I told you so' even if there was one. No chastisement, just comfort.

 

She just needed some excuse to see him.

 

Yundol?” He turned, almost surprised by her meek voice. Like a child seeking approval. This wasn't the girl who was the very definition of fierce. Vulnerable. Yunho didn't give her his usual teasing responses and gave into what she wanted. “Him?” He knew that her current relationship was rocky and could only let out a sigh. She always wanted to think of the happy ending while he reminded her that was only for fairy tales.

 

Her eyes widen when he instantly pulled her into a hug and along with her heart, the walls seemed to disintegrate too. Where did all of these tears come from? Why did he feel his own heart breaking with every gasp of air she took in between sobs?

 

  1. habit

 

She didn't know when she started this habit of laying on the roof of their school or how did he always seem to find her. On winter nights like this, his warmth and familiar comfort was like drinking hot chocolate.

 

This felt slightly wrong, but she couldn't exactly put her finger on it. It seemed like lightening hit her when she sat up all of a sudden. “What about Sooyoung?” She asked, looking down at him. He let out a soft yawn, feeling sleepy all of a sudden. “It seems the universe thinks that we're a better match.” We? Was he talking about Sooyoung or her? She let out a scoff when she laid back down beside him, punching him in the chest for the indirect answer. “Damn it, Boa!” He groaned out rubbing his chest. Where did her small body find all of the strength?

 

  1. realize

Boa was used to hearing Yunho overwhelm her with compliments about her dancing. She was a born performer (and always felt insulted when he insinuated that she didn't have to work nearly as much as him.) For the first time ever, she was charmed by him. Was this what his squalling fangirls always felt while watching him? This felt different...

 

  1. routine

 

Yunho was used to this song and dance. She'll somehow become sloppy drunk and pound on his door until he answers. He'll complain and say one day he'll leave here at there in the elements (he knows that he never will. He'll become wrecked with guilt if he ever did and something happens to her.) Soon, she'll either dart to the bathroom to throw up or fall asleep on his couch speaking such nonsense 'When did you become so handsome?' followed by an answer that's not to her liking and get hit or slapped. Whichever requires the least amount of coordination. Secretly, it's nice to see her swoon (even in a somewhat mentally incapacitated.) She was always the one girl who refused to give in, even when he notices her 'secretly' checking him out (or what his overinflated ego wants to believe.)

 

  1. trauma

 

Why did it always seem like the girls bathroom was always full. Since there was so little people actually in the men's room and she feels bladder shy whenever the number of people in the restrooms are over the number one, this will have to do. Yet, there was someone in the men's room. Namely, Jung Yunho mid stream.

 

ix)gravity

 

She must have her own gravitational field. Everything she does exerts a force and he feels himself being drawn closer and closer to her. Like gravity, he felt there was anomalies and discretions with his feelings. Perhaps he's feeling this way because she's of the female variety and it's just...? Love. This didn't overtake him suddenly. Slowly, wonderfully, and beautifully he watched her grew from a bratty teen to a beautiful (bratty) young woman. His mind wanted to refuse that emotion. Can it be platonic love? Agape? Mania is possibly a more apt description, because he was utterly crazy for thinking it. His thoughts slowly simmered down after panicking. Falling in love with your best friend isn't the end of the world. It may be the most natural thing in the world.

 

 

x)integrity

 

This was such a physical dance, but between each step they still managed to argue. Facets of their personality was so predictable the knew in advance which steps to take.

 

“Stop moving so fast! If you trip this will be a game over for me!” He complained, trying to catch his breath between the steps. “Who still says game over?” She asked with a scoff. Somehow, Yunho believes he must've jinx himself, falling over her feet and bringing her down with him.

 

“I'm the clumsy one right?” Boa asked, almost in frustration hitting him on the chest, but didn't bother moving from the floor, using any kind of excuse to take a break (and to be closer to him.) His only response was a smile, lazily wrapping an arm around her. Just for a split second, she thought what would it be like to wake up next to him every morning.

 

xi)en

 

“Hey, BoA! You've been studying Japanese for a while haven't you?” Soon after he asked the question, he mentally slapped himself on the head, already knowing the answer. “Yeah? What do you need?” It was rare that he asks anything about his studies that didn't involve having her inadvertently giving him the answers. There was a string of ways to describe the word. Fate, karma, connection, chance.

 

“It's like...you're predestined to meet someone. No matter how hard you try, you will never meet someone that you're not supposed to.” Which was a weird thought to her since she always believed in free will. How does the universe decides who's supposed to be in your life and who isn't?

 

“Why do you think we met?”

 

“Huh?” The question caught her by surprise and she can already feel the butterflies fluttering in her stomach making her want to vomit up something nauseously romantic. Aish. Why did he always do this? She knew he had a specific reason why he was questioning her. “To cut the red string.” It was painfully satisfying to see the brief flash of wounded look through his eyes.

 

xii)honesty

 

Oh God, why is he wearing a suit? The thought repeated over and over in her mind to the point that it was almost driving her insane! Oh, that's right it was a job interview. Just seeing his hair being nearly combed for once was a shock, but this. Well... she was rather tempted to tackle him down to the floor and have her way with him (dear God, where did that thought come from?) The resulting frustration made her want to bang her head on a nail, she was going crazy if she was having these thoughts about him. Forget the fact that these wasn't recent thoughts, seeing him dance was always enough to bring a smile to her face. Oh yeah, she always had them, just never consciously brought them up (but made her dreams oh so amazing.)

 

“I don't know whether to be afraid of you or amuse by the way you keep staring at me.” Neither of them have ever been subtle, they wear their feelings on their sleeves and he can almost feel what she was thinking. Honestly, it was more terrifying than amusing. When she somewhat came to her senses, all he got was a huff and a punch. This was all his fault, like always.

 

xiii)confession

 

Yunho didn't know when he got into this habit, whenever he was around BoA, he just had to cling to her somehow. Her response was some disinterested complaints, but she soon settled in. During moments like this where he's lying on top of her, it's almost hilarious to notice their size difference. He was entertained by how petite she was, almost as if he can put her in his pocket and keep her there. There was also this annoying compulsion where he wanted to blurt out 'I love you' or even worse 'marry me.' Yes, what's the worse thing that can happen when you fall in love with your best friend? She rejects you over and over and over. The entire thing was making him frustratingly mad. People have a purpose in life and hers was to show him that she was a stubborn, masochistic pain in the .

 

“I almost feel like a married man in a tv show.” When he's sleepy, he was always half conscious of what was coming out of his mouth. “You can't even get me to agree to be your girlfriend, how did this come up?” She asked with a yawn, playing with the hand that was resting on her tummy. “I did said tv. I'm starting to think that I can only catch you in my dreams.” Even then she always rejects him. Hilarious. He can't even get the girl in his dreams. “You give up too easily, Jung Yunho.” His only response was an amused smirked. Didn't she realize how tangled they are together?

 

xiv)surrender

 

No, no, no, no this was not the scene she imagined! She was not supposed to surrender to him, but the world was becoming too dizzying for her to fend off his kisses. She wanted out. Lies, all lies! Her mind screamed. This was exactly what she wanted. She wanted his lips to bathe her skin in kisses. She wanted explore every inch of his wonderful and beautifully sculpted body. Clothes never did him any justice anyways. When they finally pulled away to catch their breath she didn't dare look him in the eyes. She already knew what was there—lust. Once she catch a glimpse, she will give in to her own desires.

 

“We should probably stop here.” He trailed off, desperately wanting a cold shower now.

 

“Yeah we probably should since there's no condoms around...” She said looking around the room blankly. “Plus...as big as you are, there's no way you're getting inside me.”

 

Her words almost made him want to slink to the floor in embarrassment. So she did see that time in the bathroom... Mood effectively killed.

 

xv)ticking

 

Usually, it was Yunho who had the compulsion to ask life altering questions at random and he was lucky she was sensible to tell him no each and every time. “You know...we're not getting any younger.” She started off, tracing her fingers over his skin. Everything about him was strong. His character, his composure, his body and heaven knows she can spend all day wandering her hands over his strong muscles. “Speak for yourself.” He mumbled sleepily, closing his eyes tighter. “Hey! I'm younger than you.” She chuckled slapping his chest. “This is the first time in over a decade I've ever heard you say that... what's wrong?” He let out a groggy chuckle, knowing that trying to go back to sleep now would be useless. Yunho loved to know what she was thinking, because it was never anything close to what a normal human will reason with. “I...” She felt her voice coming to a stop, still not sure of where this urge was coming from. “I want to have kids.”

 

There was a delay between her words and his brain processing it, quickly sitting up in bed.

 

“What?” Have she truly gone insane? “We're not even married!”

 

“I know.”

 

“Or in stable careers.”

 

“I know.”

 

“Or a decent apartment. Depending which way I fall out of bed, I'm in the kitchen or the bathroom.”

 

“I know!” She said laughing, enjoying the stages of panic his face was going through. “That doesn't mean now, just that stupid biological clock ticking. I just see you and my mind goes 'we must have babies!' and I know that's illogical but it's frustrating and weird. Especially when I see you with kids then it goes into overdrive.” She said before burying her face into her pillow in embarrassment. She lifted her head when she felt his hand caressing her back gently. “It'll happen one day. We'll have a big house, large yard and maybe even a pet.” He didn't know exactly how he'll make it come true or if it'll even happen at all. The only thing he knew for certain is that he wanted to spend his life with her.

 

xvi)halcyon

 

He loved her giggles, it made him relax knowing that she was truly happy. “Yunho!” She couldn't contain her giggles anymore when she felt his breath tickling her neck. Ah, she was completely happy and content. Why did she deny herself this pleasure for so long (because she was an idiot who used the excuse of not wanting to ruin their friendship.) Finding happiness is rare and spontaneous. “You know you're not supposed to see the bride before the wedding~” She tried to hold back her giggles, but they was tittering on the edge of her lips. “And we're not supposed to have before marriage, but that's ship sailed a long time ago.” She playfully hit his arm before snuggling close to him, blessed to just lay in his arms for the rest of her life.

 

xvii)fighting

 

Arguments wasn't anything special to them. They'll argue about what to eat, what side of the bed to sleep on, how much is too much. Those arguments was just for fun and they needed something to do. Knock down, dragged out arguments was something they was also well acquainted with. Small issues that they never settled and kept locked deep within until a small issue ignite and blew up. “Didn't you think that I wanted to keep my own career before deciding to hop to another country for a job offer?” She was understandably pissed. She didn't want to quit and move to another country where she may or may not be able to find another job. She had one strike against her by being a woman, her second strike was being married. Anyone who hires her will think she'll quit to have a family within a few years. “Why are you so worried about that? Besides, they'll compensate me enough where you don't have to work.” Their relationship was almost a game of tug of war. Just when he thinks he have enough leverage to pull her in, she pulls away. “But I want to work. I hate depending on people and you know this.” She sighed, “Just pay attention to the road before I hit you.”

 

“Why are you so stubborn?”

 

“I don't know, why are you so stupid when it comes to life choices?” The tone of her voice was rising with frustration building.

 

“Oh, I don't know. If I didn't marry such an unreasonable maybe I could've had a better life.” As soon as the words spilled out, he immediately regrets it.

 

“Go to hell.” He didn't even have to look over to know that she was shaking in anger by now. His own attention was starting to waver, trying to find the will to apologize. By the time he was able to focus on the road again there was a car heading straight for them. “!”

 

xviii)dreaming

 

“What are you doing?” He asked when she placed his hand over her tummy, grinning so hard she can feel her cheek growing sore. “Nothing at all, Yunnie bear~” She said as a quick fit of giggles overcame her. “How many times have I've told you to never call me that again?” He asked, groaning at the nickname. “Besides, you don't laugh like that over nothing...unless you're drunk. Then I'm mad that you didn't offer me any.” He loved lazy mornings like this, where they can do nothing but lay around and laugh. “I'm only love drunk.” Her voice was springlike and airy, much like the day itself. “You're an idiot Kwon Boa.” He said giving her a quick peck on the lips. “Well, this idiot is carrying your child.”

 

And then she wakes up and reality hits. She wasn't carrying his child, at least not anymore. They wasn't at home, they was in the hospital room. The last thing she remembers was blood and pain. She still wasn't sure if that was some nightmarish dream and she's actually at home and in his arms. God, she was so drugged up she wasn't sure what to think other than she wanted him to wake up. She wanted to shake him and tell him to open his eyes. Just do something other than lay there! “Idiot.” She mumbled softly reaching for his hand. “You're supposed to wake up and say something witty like you always do and tell me you love me even though I am a selfish, unreasonable who ruins you life and, and, and...” She wanted to keep talking, if she kept talking maybe he'll wake up and maybe she'll finally stop crying. Perhaps this was her punishment for being so selfish.

 

xix)recovery

 

'You look like hell.' Was the first words he said, she didn't know whether to slap him or bawl.

 

After having her emotions swinging like a pendulum, she can finally smile. Not a half hearted smile that she put on for guests and nurses to tell them she was fine (and she wasn't, she didn't deserve it until he was awake again.) And he was relieved, he didn't want his last words to be a wound on her heart (she wasn't a , she wasn't selfish, she was everything that mattered to him he repeated.)

 

“Why did you do that?” He gave her a confused look, forcing himself to sit up in bed even though his muscles screamed at him not to do it. “Do what?” Argue with her? He'd be more worried if they didn't nitpick and find things to fight about. “Turn the car so you'd take the impact.” It have been a question that's been on her mind ever since she woke up. God knows how long she was out for since she was heavily medicated from all of her injuries. “Do you even have to ask why?” Honestly, he didn't know the reason. It was almost a reflex...one that nearly killed him, but if he had to pick one person to come out alive it would've been her. “Besides, it's my job to protect you.”

 

Boa felt her body start to shake, she didn't want to cry. How did she managed to have enough tears left over after crying her eyes out the past few days? “Do you...” Her voice was small and shaky which felt even foreign to her. “Do you think you can hold me?” That was her only desire the past few days even if he wasn't physically able to give her that comfort. “Always, Bboa.” He said scooting over, leaving space for her to sit next to him. She quickly obliged, taking comfort in being able to sit next to him. “I'd do more, but it's a pain in the just to breathe.” He said with a dry chuckle, trying to suppress a winch. “This is fine.” And it was. Difficult, but fine. She let out a breath of content, taking his hand in hers.

 

xx)jealousy

 

Boa found too much amusement in making Yunho jealous. However, it was rare to see the opposite even just playfully. “Was you actually pouting in there?” He was trying his best not to laugh, but seeing Kwon Boa pouting? “I was not!” She said watching him collapse in the bed. “It's just...” She huffed rolling her eyes at the mere thought at the physical therapist...just the idea someone other than her touching him. “She can keep her hands to herself. It's not like you have your old body back. Your moobs are more apparent than ever.” She said teasing him, getting in the bed and straddling him. “Am I seeing what I think I'm seeing.” He asked propping himself up. “What? Is there something on my face?” She asked a little confused. “Just a little greenness.” The words left her a little perplexed before it settled in, letting out another huff pushing him back on the bed.

 

“You're jealous!” He couldn't help but laugh. “It's not my fault.” She said sliding her hands under his shirt, caressing his sides. “You're the one who tells me that it's not just you I want.” She leaned down whispering in his ear. His thoughts was going wild and she haven't even tried anything yet. “I want your heart, your mind, and your soul too.” She said slightly breathless when she began kissing down his neck, feeling his body shiver at the touch. “Wouldn't you feel upset if someone else was trying to take it too?”

 

When did he start holding his breath? Wanting was an understatement now, desire was a much stronger word but he knew she was only playing him. Even feeling her hair tickling his arm was close enough to send him over. “But you already know you have complete possession of me.” There it was, that control he always have over himself. She hated it. “I want more and I know that you do too.” Her voice was barely over a whisper when she leaned down and kissed him, feeling his hands slowly moving up her thighs. “You're greedy too.” He said before flipping her over and pinning her down to the bed. “However, that's fine with me because I'm just as greedy.”