Reflection

Years of Us

Author's note: This project I wanted to be updated at least monthly, but I realize I'm a very lazy writer. This have been half finished for at least a month. It reminds me why I never do chapter stories anymore, they'll be forever undone and I'll feel guilty.


 

Reflection:

Hyosung/Hana (Zinger)


 

Hyosung was Venus personified. Fun, flirty, and free. Hana was always envious of her carefree attitude and a body that could kill. What use was it to become jealous? Hyosung was her friend. A friend who she accidentally fell in love with. Much as she wanted to convince herself it wasn't so bad, she knew the consequence if it ever slipped. This was South Korea, girls are shamed for being anything less than perfect. Yet, whenever her eyes fell on her she felt hope. Her heart fluttered in the air knowing this couldn't be wrong.


 

When all of this started? Hana wasn't so sure of it herself, feelings are never a definite thing. It's not like in dramas where all of a sudden she discovered she was in love with her from one single action. It was a progressive build up, like an explosion. The stories can range from the time she shared her food when she forgot her lunch. Another tale from when she got a peek when the wind blew her skirt up. A time where her comfort and familiarity was needed. The only action she never expected was reciprocation. Why should she? Homouality was seen as abnormal and she was some grotesque monster for even thinking about having feelings for her. She was certain Hyosung would think she's disgusting for caring about her more than a friend.


 

It was painful hiding her feelings, but she would be devastated if Hyosung ever left her. Yes, it's possible her mind was dramatizing it all, but who wouldn't feel deeply wounded for being rejected because of how they are? There was nothing she can ever change about it. The thought alone was enough to put her in the throes of depression.


 

“Hana...?” Her sweet voice caught her by surprise, quickly turning her head. “Yeah?” Her thoughts fell into an abyss once she felt her lips on hers. It was nothing provocative or obscene, but a gentle kiss. A gentle kiss that made her want more, but she knew she couldn't be greedy. Although, she most didn't realize what her state of mind was since it took Hyosung a few times to finally gather her attention. “Did I take it too far?” Her voice tittered with a hint of hesitancy.


 

“No! Not at all!” It sounded like her voice came out too quickly for he liking, but she was relieved. There was another person who had the same thoughts, worries, and frustrations as her. “I didn't know what overcame it's just...” Hyosung said, brushing a few strands of hair behind her ear. Which was the best words to use? “You was just...kissable.” Hyosung felt her mind going into overdrive, quickly raising her hands up. “Not that you're ordinarily not.” She let out a groan of frustration, running her fingers through her hair, her eyes quickly widening once she discovered she was in the middle of a kiss.


 

Instead of her heart beating into overdrive, she felt relaxed. There wasn't any need for her to speak anymore.