[Youngjae]Happy Birthday Cutie

۰•●The Archive: Completed OneShots & Drabbles Feat. GOT7●•۰
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Happy Birthday Cutie ft. Youngjae & You

You opened your eyes and you to your back and stared up at the ceiling.  Your phone rings again and you reached for it and saw that you’ve received another message from one of your friends but you didn’t bother answering the calls or the texts. 

You knew what the messages said.  You knew that they were messages asking you to come out and hang out.  You knew it was their way of trying to reach out to you on this special day.

Your birthday.

Your birthday had always been very special to you.  When you were dropped off at the orphanage, there were only two things that were left behind with you on that basket. 

A note asking the orphanage patronage to take care of you and in that note was a promise that someone would be back for you.  Whoever left the note didn’t bother to write down your name but they had included your birth date.

The date was precious to you because your story was not unusual in the orphanage.  There were many others who were dropped off like you and they were all left with a name but none of them knew their real birthday.  Only you knew your birthday. 

It was a precious piece of information to you. 

The other thing that was left behind with you was a necklace.   You treasured that necklace as well until your 13th birthday when it was stolen while you were out with Youngjae, your best friend at the orphanage, getting ice cream. 

After that day, all you had left was your birthday and it became that much more precious to you.  Now, your birthday held bittersweet meanings.

At the thought of Youngjae your heart ached and you reached beneath your pillow and took out what was now your most precious possession, even more so than the knowledge of your birthday, a picture of you and Youngjae.  He was smiling at the camera and you were frowning, as you usually were because you were moody.  

 “Youngjae,” you whispered.  “I miss you so much,” you said as the tears began to stream down your face and you closed them tightly to keep the memories that threatened to overwhelm you once again from surfacing. 

But it was too late.  Your mind pulled up the image of his beautiful smile and you silently sobbed as you thought back to your birthday two years ago.

Flashback

Two years ago

“You’re such a jerk Youngjae,” you yelled as you threw the single flower he was holding out to you to the ground and stomped on it. 

“You’re always late!  You know that today is special to me!”  You screamed because for the last couple of weeks he had always been late to everything that you two do together.  But today is your birthday and it was the one day that you’ve stressed that you didn’t want him to be late for.  In fact, that’s the only thing you asked of him as a present. 

But there he stood twenty minutes late and giving you that goofy smile of his as he apologized. 

“Oh come on Cutie, you know there was a good reason for why I was late,” he said and you glared at him for the nickname he calls you whenever you’re angry.

You don’t know why but he always told you that you were cute when you were angry.  He used to call you Cutie all the time but since you two began going out a year ago he only calls you Cutie when you’re angry, and it was Baby the rest of the time.

“What is the good reason then?”  You demanded and when he didn’t answer you scoffed.  “You always say the same thing but you never tell me what the reason is,” you said as you turned and walked away. You’ve finally had enough of his flaking out on you and being late. 

“You have to trust me that it’s important baby,” he said as he pulled you back around and brought you into a hug.  You immediately pulled away from him because you knew you didn’t have the strength to be angry if he continues to hold you like this. 

Like the way you liked, with his lips to your forehead and his strong arms around your waist. 

“Now, give me a smile,” he said to you and you bit down on your bottom lip to keep from smiling at him and he leaned down toward your lips.  “Are you going to give me a smile or are you seriously going to force me to play my tiny keyboard,” he said and you groaned.

“You better not,” you said and he quickly kissed your lips lightly before he moved back from you and took out that little tiny keyboard and began playing the childish song that used to make you stop crying when you two were younger and despite how corny it was you smiled and soon you were laughing.

“Happy birthday Cutie!”

Your anger completely forgotten as you begin to clap along to the mus

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter