Chapter 1

We Are a Team

  "Park Choongjae! I know you can run faster than that! Stop dilly-dallying and get to it!" Mr. Choi yelled, blowing his whistle as he started getting after other students as well. Today was the weekly soccer match in P.E. class, and Jun Jun was more than excited. He was ecstatic. Him and his brother used to play soccer all the time together, and they were the best on the team. Of course his brother was always better though. He was good at everything, because it all came easy to him. All Jun Jin could do was kick a very good goal.

  Pushing all those thoughts away though, he nodded to himself and ran faster towards the other side of the field.

  "I'm open!" he yelled, waving his arms as another student ran down the field, dribbling the ball between his feet. That student was none other than Lee Minwoo, the team's shortest, but best dribbler along with Kim Dongwan. Both of them claimed to be best friends, but Jun Jin knew better. He could see it in the way they looked at each other. To be honest, he was surprised they weren't together yet.

  Jun Jin got his head back in the game when he watched as Minwoo slipped in the mud (it had rained the day before), but before he could fall over completely, Dongwan came up behind him and pushed him up by his back before taking the ball between his feet and continuing on, Minwoo right behind him.

  Sighing once he realized they were going to pass it between each other, Jun Jin brought his hands down. He wasn't sad though, he just wished he could get a chance to kick the ball. In fact, ever since he got to this school a few months back, he never had the chance to kick the ball except down the field a couple of times. That was before he would either trip and fall, or the ball would get stolen from him. He knew that his skills weren't as good as they used to be, ever since the accident, but he knew he was at least an average player, and he guessed that was okay.

  "Go woodong!" he yelled, the duo grinning to themselves as Minwoo got the ball and kicked it towards the goal. Just as it was about to get in the goal, Eric flew to the side and grabbed it, not minding one bit as mud trailed up the side of his jersey.

  Eric was the best goalie Jun Jin had ever seen. Although they sometimes talked to each other, either during school or on the field, he didn't know much about the older student. Jun Jun did know that he had some sort of connection with Shin Hyesung though. Speaking of the devil, Hyesung ran faster than the speed of light towards the goalie as he grinned with satisfaction, holding the ball over his head as he prepared to throw it back out.

  "Yah! Eric Mun! Don't think you're going to win this!" the pretty boy yelled, his eyes fixated on the grinning boy before he threw the ball out. "Yah!" he screamed, stopping his running and stomping his foot in the grass, fuming.

  For some reason, Eric and Hyesung always acted like push and pull in Jun Jin's eyes. Eric would smother Hyesung with hugs during school, but Hyesung would always shove him away and tell him to knock it off, saying he was too old to be doing that sort of thing. Just like the woodong couple though, Jun Jin could see right through it. He could tell how Hyesung's cheeks heated up whenever Eric hugged him or said 'I love you' in his own chessy manner. Oh, how he would never understand why he kept pushing him away.

  Just as he was about to curse, the pretty boy turned to watch as the ball landed at the feet of none other than Andy, who was also on Eric's team.

  "Yah! Andy! Give me that ball!" he yelled, the fighting spirit in him burning high as he started running towards the other, who was already dribbling the ball between his feet to the other goal. "ANDY!" Just as Hyesung was about to come up next to him, Mr. Choi blew his whistle and pointed to the right field where Hyesung was supposed to be.

  "Jung Pilkyo! You're right mid-field! Get back here!" he yelled, and Hyesung's fighting spirit all but died as he slowed down to a jog and nodded, turning to get back to where he was supposed to be. "Choongjae! Get down there!" he started yelling to the other boy, pointing down to where Andy was already more than halfway to the goal. "Go! Go! Go!"

  Jun Jin was pulled out of his thoughts as he nodded and quickly started running back down the field.

  "Andy!" he yelled happily as he ran up to the younger boy, who only regarded him with a blank expression before pushing ahead of him with the ball. Jun Jin pouted to himself before grinning again as he ran to catch up with the other. 

  Once close enough, he tried to get the ball between the other's feet, but Andy could see exactly what he was doing and started kicking the ball forward instead of dribbling. Like the person he was, Jun Jin kept trying though, and didn't pay attention as the ground beneath his feet turned softer from yesterday's rain. Just as he lifted his left leg to try and kick again, he slipped in the mud, but no one was there to catch him and he fell backwards, slamming into the ground as he watched Andy score a goal.

  It didn't hurt as much as it should have, considering the fact that Jun Jin fell all the time during sports, but Mr. Choi ran over none-the-less.

  "Choongjae." he stated, kneeling at his side as the other students on the field started crowding around to see if he was okay. Jun Jin looked up at his teacher and gave a weak smile. It was hard to smile when you had the wind knocked out of you, but he knew he would be fine. 

  He took in a gulp of air as he sat up, Mr. Choi patting his back before giving a smile. 

  "Take a rest Mr. Park, you've been working hard." Jun Jin nodded and gave Mr. Choi a grin, and as he was about to stand up, Mr. Choi grabbed his arm to whisper in his ear. "Remember, don't work too hard. Even if you feel like you can conquer the world, you need to be careful." Silently Jun Jin rolled his eyes without his teacher seeing before nodding.

  "Yes sir." he said before standing up competely, and wiping the mud from his shorts, walked to the side bench of the field as another student ran in to play where he was just before.

  Although he knew the teacher was only looking out for him, knowing about his past medical history, he didn't like being reminded that he had to take it easy. He also knew he'd only be able to play at the top of his game once he wasn't so clumsy, so he wouldn't fall over and hurt something vital. It would be much easier to play what he loved if he didn't have that sort of thing happen to him.

  Sighing to himself, he looked down at his feet as he played with them, his hands holding onto the back edge of the bench.

  "You okay?" he suddenly heard to his left, and looked up to see Andy standing by the side of the bench.

  "Don't worry about me! I'm fine!" he said, giving a grin and a thumbs up, which only made the younger scoff and shake his head.

  "Then you should have just told Mr. Choi you could stay in the game instead of sitting out and doing nothing." With that, he walked back into the game, leaving Jun Jin to sit on the bench by himself once again, his smile replaced by a sad frown.

  "I would be out there if I didn't have this." Jun Jin said to himself as he clutched the fabric of his jersey that laid over his heart. Sighing to himself once again, he returned to kicking his feet up and down, breathing in and out as he looked up to the sky, his hands holding onto the back edge of the bench. He had a feeling Andy didn't like him, but he didn't know why.

 

A/N: So, for now Jun Jin's not actually part of Shinhwa yet (the soccer group, which I'll explain more when we get there). For now this chapter explains some more things about how each member works, and how Andy usually gives Jinnie the cold shoulder no matter how nice he is. Um, and that's it I guess. Sorry this chapter is so boring, it's purpose is really just for explaining how they all work together. The exciting stuff starts happening later. OTL ;; I hope you like this. I honestly can't tell if it's good or bad. 

P.S. - OMG WE HAVE A TRAILER *dies of happiness* I've also ordered a poster, so hopefully we'll have one soon! :3 Hope you like the trailer as well! ^o^ They did a very good job! Also, if you didn't see, the poster is located in the forward!

P.P.S. - Not all of my updates will be this close. I mean, I hope they are, but they probably won't be. o u o; We'll just have to wait and see.