Chapter 7

The thing that brought us closer together

"I'm..I'm Chaerin. Nice to meet you boys," She smiled and waved at them.


Chanyeol and Baekhyun turned to look at her. The way that she greeted them, it's way different than the one that she usually does. The normal way of her greeting was to greet in a very polite way followed by either a bow numerous times or shaking of hands. Now, her greeting was so different. 


"No bowing?" Baekhyun moved closer to Chaerin and whispered in her ear. 


"Nope," She turned her head a little and whispered to him back. 


Then, the tallest guy stood in front of her and reached his hands out. "Kris," he introduced himself. She took his huge hands and shake it in return. "Nice to meet you Kris," she gave on of her biggest smiles. 


When Kris was finished introducing himself, the other five made their way towards Chaerin and personally introduced themselves in a very creative way. She would sometimes laugh or even do some weird handshake or give bro hugs to them. 


When it came to the last person, he shyly walked towards her, hugging his little panda soft toy. "H-hi...I'm T-tao," he reached his hands out slowly. 


Chaerin couldn't resist looking at the guy that was standing in front of her. He had almost the same height as the Kris guy but both adorable and cute at the same time. "Aww, what a cute thing you are," she pinched his cheeks. 


Tao blushed in return and quickly made his way back to the sofa, sitting beside Lay and hugging that guy. "Sorry Chaerin, he's very shy when it comes to girls," Kris said to her. 


"No no, it's fine. I understand," she let out a laugh. Then, the small room attracted her attention. "May I?" She pointed to the room. 


Before Chanyeol or Baekhyun could even protest, she hurriedly went inside the small room. Once she was in there, she eagerly placed the head phones. 


"So, what are you going to do?" The deer-eyed guy, Luhan asked her as he pressed one of the buttons to talk to her. Chanyeol and Baekhyun seated at the empty space that was available on the sofa. They were anticipating what was Chaerin going to do next. 


"Freestyle rap? Don't give me any bests, I'm going to start now," she replied to him. 


Wow, where did that confidence came from Chaerin? She asked herself. When she stepped into the studio a few minutes ago, everything inside her changed. It was like she was a whole new different world. A world where she always wanted to be, the place where she wanted to express herself and to be free from anything for once. 


When Lay gave her a thumbs up, she started rapping. 

 


Nan nappeun gijibae nanan nappeun gijibae nan nappeun gijibae
Where all my bad gals at?
Nan nappeun gijibae nanan nappeun gijibae nan nappeun gijibae
Where all my bad gals at?


The boys widened their eyes when they heard her rap. Although she only started with four lines, they didn't believe what they've just heard. How can a girl who looks like a nerd have those skills of rapping so perfectly? Chanyeol gulped, Baekhyun held onto Chanyeol's arms while Tao stood up from the sofa, dropping the panda that he has been holding on the floor. 


Luhan got his legs off of the table while Kris looked at her with his hands behind his head and eyes which twice as big as his normal ones. 

 

Geurae naneun sse aju sanapge (yao~)
Neo jeongdoron nal jeoldae gamdang motae (uh em)
Jiltu ttawin nun kkop mankeumdo moreujyo
Jeomjaengido nae mamsogeun mot matchujyo (aha~)

 

She continued rapping the next four lines. Sure, she was having loads of fun in the small room when she realised everyone in outside the room is staring at her unbelievably. She stopped rapping,  took off the headphones and place it to its original position. 


Without them commanding her, she went out of the room. She stood a few metres away from them. She gave them a very awkward smile which she always give to strangers while they were still speechless from what had happened. 


Baekhyun disrupted the moment when he jumped up from his seat. He pulled Chanyeol along and made his way beside Chaerin. "Uhh, I guess that's it! We have to bring Chaerim to other parts of the school now," Baekhyun said loudly. 


The six boys got distracted from their moment. "Sure sure, we'll meet you during recess later okay?" Chen stood up from his seat and gave Chaerin a hug. She gladly hugged him back. "See you later Chen," she smiled. "See you later boys!" She waved at them before exiting the room. 


Once the door closed, the six boys stared at each other once again. "That was freaking awesome," Luhan started the conversation. 


Tao bent down to take his panda soft toy and then sat beside Lay once again. "With that geek specs on, I didn't expected her to rap that well. Oh god, it's a freestyle one which top it all off!" Kris said. 


"Like what people always say, don't judge a book by its cover," Chen said. He took out a ball of string from his bag and started knitting once again. 


Xiumin rolled his eyes at Chen's action. "Oh come on now! Seriously Chen?! You're ruining the moment by knitting!" He complained. 


"Well, I'm sorry I knitted," Chen threw his knitting kit inside his bag. 


"Anyways, back to Chaerin. Now, that girl...she's going to make the whole school talk about her once she officially attend classes. Trust me, girls will be jealous of her and guys will be running after her. Especially one of the popular cliques, Big Bang. Damn, they'll be competition to us!" Xiumin said. 


"Competition?" Lay suddenly talked. All the five boys turned their attention towards him. "Please, the last time I heard there was competition between us and big bang was the time where My cat  died a few months back. That guys are too old for her man!" Lay continued. 


"But you need to know. They're also competition based on their looks and their talents too. They also have a maknae, Seungri. One of the powerful guys which the current school girls are head over heels with," Luhan replied to him. 


"Yeah, and our group, Exo. We're not even that popular!" Chen said loudly. That earned death glares from the people around him. "Okay okay, we're popular but we're not as popular as Big Bang! We have 2 nerds, a lonely boy who's always hugging his panda everywhere he goes and a few others who can't even make it to the list! The ones that are eligible are Kris, Luhan, Suho, Sehun and lastly the almighty Kai. Me? I'm not the popular amongst them. We have no hope," Chen declared. 


"Man, we're screwed," Tao mumbled. Lay patted his head in return. "Aww, don't worry panda. I'm sure you're popular too among the girls," 


"Argh, I don't want another war between us and big bang," Luhan complained. 


"Well whatever it is, I'm starting to like that new girl, Chaerin," Kris said, which made the whole room silent. 


Once we were out of the recording studio, I felt the burden on my shoulders being lifted off. I was such a different person when I stepped into it. That shy girl who fainted when she saw Mrs Kim's son wasn't there. Instead, this overconfident, badass chick was brought out of me. I didn't even fainted while I was greeting the six boys! What a success! 

 

"My on my, you were different back there Chaerin. What happened to you?" Chanyeol asked. 


We were walking along the corridor, making our way to the second building of the school. There were still a lot more rooms for me to check out. Way too much. 


"Yeah, what happened to the shy, innocent girl that we met?" Baekhyun added. 


Aish these boys! "Well, I don't know myself," I replied awkwardly. Even talking to the both of them just now is making this more awkward than before. "Okay no, I'm lying. Well, I was rapping with confidence which by the way, is the opposite side of me," 


"Stating the obvious. Everyone was seriously stunned by the way that you're rapping! How can a girl like you even rap?" Chanyeol asked once again. 


Rinnnngggggggggggggg

 

The school bell rang. The three of us continued walking and was still talking about just now. "I have a very deep interest in music. My family doesn't even know about, except my grandparents.  I love whatever it has to do with music. Singing, rapping, anything! When I have free time to myself, I compose songs and rap which I randomly write down in my notebook," I told them. 


Telling them about my hobby makes me remember the days where I locked myself up in the room. My family was against me being in the entertainment industry, except from Hal-abeoji and Halmoni. They don't even know about me self-composing songs. Many people may call this a talent, but Appa and Eomma would call it a disgrace. 


Once I had a talk about sending me to the arts school, they both rejected it. Although hal-abeoji and halmoni tried convincing them, their answer is still a big fat 'no'. Of course, I was being forced into attending law school. Now that I'm in Korea and studying in a school which had a wide range of courses to get into, I'm still learning law. 


"Wow. If you were to be an idol, you're really going to make loads of money. But I'm really curious, why didn't your parents approve it?" Baekhyun asked. 


"Well, you know. My cousins are big shots and are doing very well in each of their preferred occupation. None of them are entertainers, unfortunately. So, my whole family view those becoming an artist or idol is very foolish to join the entertainment industry where life for that person is uncertain," I replied to him and sigh. 


Ugh, I'm feeling all emotional right now. Wrong moment Chaerin, wrong moment. "Ahh, I see," Baekhyun patted my shoulder. I could feel that Baekhyun knew that I was sad. He tried to change the topic a little by lightening up the atmosphere.


"Ahh, the students are slowly pouring in!" Baekhyun shouted. 


"Yah, baekhyun. Behave yourself!" Chanyeol warned the guy. 


Baekhyun stood closer to me and grabbed onto my arms. "Okay, get ready Chaerin. You're going to get a lot of stares from the students," 

 



 
Kai entered the school riding his motorbike. That earned alot of stares from the people walking around the car park, especially the girls. Once he was done parking his motorbike, the switched off the engines, place both of feet onto the ground and took off his helmet. 


Now that got the girls going wild which some of them took out their cellphone and started taking pictures of him. He got off the motorbike and started making his way inside the school. Carrying a helmet on his left hand, he arranged his hair with his right hand. Girls were squealing while the guys just rolled their eyes when they saw him.


"Kai oppa! Kai oppa!" A group of girls shouted his name. He turned to his right and saw a group of cheerleaders waving at him. He waved at them in return, followed by a wink. The girls shouted a little in return. Argh, same old squeals. How irritating. He thought to himself.


Once he was reaching the entrance, he inspected himself through the doors and pushed the doors widely as he made his way to his lockers. Guys on the football team were giving him a high five each. He still winked at the girls walking past by him and checking them out. When he reached his locker, he opened it and placed the helmet. He took out his books for the day and closed his locker. 


When he did that, the sight of the big bang clique making their way towards him caught his attention. "Well well, if it's not Kim Jongin," he leader of the group, Kwon Jiyong said. 


Jiyong pushed his sunglasses down. Daesung, which was sort of the maid in the group because of his unpredictable look, put a cigarette on Jiyong's lips and lighted it up for him. 


"So, how's your weekend?" He asked Kai. He inhale the stick and breathed the smoke out in front of Kai's face. Kai was irritated by his reaction as first. What a rude guy. Doesn't he have manners? 


"Fine," Kai simply replied. 


"We've heard there's a new girl in school," Taeyang told him. "She's living with your family right?" 


"Yeah. Why?" 


"Nothing. Just asking," Taeyang replied. 


"It's none of my problem. Not interested in her too," Kai added. 


By then, the other 3 members of Exo-K arrived at their lockers, which is just beside Kai's. "Ah, the three boys are here," Taeyang said. 


Suho, Sehun and Kyungsoo rolled their eyes and opened their lockers. Sora, who was pretending she was lost at that moment got disturbed by the remaining big bang guys. "Oh, annyeong Sora," T.o.p said as he played with the ends of her hair. 


"Can you please stop!" She smacked his hands away from her. 


Kai leave the spot and made his way to his first period. "Wow, your oppa just walked away like that. Aren't you disappointed?" Seungri, the most manipulative maknae in the group said. 


"Leave me alone!" Sora shouted. Suho shut his locker in a very angry manner. He was irritated by their action. 


"Guys, leave her alone," he smacked Seungri's arms away. He was holding a pile of books in one of his hands. Kyungsoo and Sehun just looked at them, too scared to even get involved. 


"Well well, if it isn't the angel himself," Jiyong said and inhaled the cigarette. "Another oppa is protecting you Sora. I guess, for an ugly face like you, you have a guy who's really interested in you...despite your ugliness," Jiyong laughed. 


Sora was hurt by his comment. She was about to lift her arms up high and slap Jiyong's cheeks when she was stopped by the grip of the maknae himself. "Trying to slap Jiyong huh?" Seungri gripped on her wrist harshly. 


"Ouch! Let me go!" Sora complained. 


Suho really couldn't stand what is happening in front of him anymore. He gave his books to Sehum to hold. With all his strength he tried to let go of Seungri's grip from her hands. When he succeeded, Seungri was pushed to the floor while he held Sora close to him. 


"Don't you dare disturb her again," he warned Big bang before walking off with Sora. Sehun and kyungsoo followed behind the both of them. 


The big bang members turned to look at them walking away. Jiyong smirked. "Let's go guys. We shouldn't waste anytime in catching our new prey," 


Author's note ; 

hey! Hehe, so I've finally got the time to update this chapter. 

Thank you for subscribing new subbies and those who've just upvoted for this story. Keep the comments coming alright? I'll update soon :) 

oh, and congrats to baekhyun and taeyeon! 

I'll be off now. See you soon my gzb ;)

 

xoxo.