Chapter 2

Friends? (Sequel to Small Moments)

Baekhyun POV

"Lee Byunghyun."

"Byun Baekhyun."

We stared at each other for a few seconds.

"It's been a while," Byunghyun said.

"What were you doing with Jiyeon," I asked ignoring what he said.

"I helped her carry some things," he said looking at me,"Why?"

"What do mean why, she's my friend, " I said.

"So she's not your girlfriend, "he said.

"Girlfriend?" I said," You thought that she was my girlfriend?"

"Just forget about it," he said," I'll see you at school."

With that he turned around and left. I stood there for about 5 minutes until Soojung came skipping out.

"Oppa!!! Let's go!!" she said dragging me," Wait how do we get there?!"

I just laughed.

Jiyeon POV

I walked into my room after dropping off the groceries on the kitchen counter. I plopped onto my bed thinking about what I just heard. I had to wait for the elevator since Krystal had just went up and I overhead L.joe and Baekhyun's conversation. They know each other? And why does L.joe care if I'm Baekhyun's girlfriend.  Which I am not. I just pushed all the thoughts out of my head. I'll ask L.joe tomorrow. I'm hungry.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~           The next day at school I arrived earlier than usual since I, for some weird reason I woke up early. I still had 30 minutes before school started so I went up to the roof. No one really comes here even me. I only go up here at rare times like this. I plugged in my earphones at sat at one of the two old benches. I closed my eyes as I hummed along to the song. Couple minutes later I felt a presence next to me. I opened my eyes and looked next to me. It was L.joe. He sat next to me at closed his eyes. I stared at him. Should I ask him about Baekhyun?

"Do you mind, " he said without opening his eyes," Trying to sleep. Don't stare."

I quickly turned to the other side. Then the bell rang and I stood up to leave. I opened the door leading to the staircase and looked back at L.joe who was still at the bench. I was about to call his name but I made a split decision not to and just left. 

The last bell rang just as I walked into class. I looked at the door. Why isn't he coming? The teacher walked in and started her lesson. Class ended and the second period teacher walked in. Still no sign of L.joe. clasd ended again and we had a little break. I was going to go up to the roof but Jieun pulled me away to help her stalk her crush, Hyunwoo. The bell rang signaling the end of break and Jieun and I went into our classes. I sat down at my desk. Still no L.joe. What's the point of coming to school if he's not going to attend any of the classes.

Finally when lunch came I decided to go back up to the roof. Baekhyun waved at me and gave him a small wave and went to the way of the staircase. I went up and sure enough L.joe was in the same position as in the morning. I went up to him,"Hey." He didn't budge.

"L.joe."

Nothing.

"Yah," I said a bit louder.

He didn't move.

I pushed him,"L.joe."

"I'm awake." I looked at him.

He stood up and looked at me," Why are you here. No one comes up here."

"Well I come up here sometimes. I just wanted some air, " I said.

"Cut the crap. You're worried about me," he said smirking.

"Am not. I'm responsible for you. I might get in trouble because you're not attending class." I retorted.

He just sat back down," Can you leave now, I'm trying to get some sleep."

"No."

"What?"

"I'm taking you back for class."

"Psh, I'd like to see you try." Just then the bell rang. I looked at him expectantly. He just sat back down.

"You better come, " I huffed as I stomped away. I heard him laughing in the background.

"Stupid guy, why do I even try," I muttered as I walked into the classroom. I sat at my seat and Mrs. Lee walked in. She started her lesson and about half way through the class, the door opened. L.joe walked in and sat at his desk without saying anything.

"May I know why you are late?" Mrs. Lee asked him.

L.joe just put his head on the desk and ignored her. Mrs. Lee just coughed and continued on with her lesson. Ha he came, I thought to my self. He's still sleeping but at least he's in the class. 

School finally ended and I skipped out. I walked to the café.

"Jiyeonie!" Hyomin unnie said as she walked past me. I waved and went into the back.

Myungsoo oppa came in and ruffled my hair,"How was school."

"Good," I said fixing my hair. I went out to the register while Myungsoo oppa and Hyomin unnie waited tables. A few seconds later, the bell on the door shook, signaling that people came in.

"Welcome to-"

L.joe?

He came up to the register.

"What are you doimg here?" I asked.

"Why I can't be in here," he said. I didn't say anything since I saw Myungsoo oppa eyeing us from the other side of the café. L.joe just plopped onto a chair nearest to the register and said nothing else.

"You know you need to order something," I said to him.

"Then get me a coke," he said.

I fummed while punching in his order,"$2.75."

He got up to pay and then sat right back down. I went to get his order when Myungsoo oppa came up behind me.

"Whose that?" Myungsoo oppa asked teasingly," First Baekhyun and now this dude?"

I elbowed him," It's not like that oppa."

"Whatever you say," he said with a playful tone. I took L.joe's drink amd I slammed (okay not really slammed but yeah) it on his table.

"Thanks," he said while taking off his jacket and putting it next to him. Something from his pocket grabbed my eyes. It was a white pack. Is that? I grabbed it. Cigarettes.

"I thought I told you not to smoke," I said as I threw it away into the trashcan next to him. He just laughed. I looked at him weirdly,

" You're not mad?"

"I won't be if you do me a favor," he said.

I looked at him suspiciously, "What kind of favor?" "Nothing weird just come up to the roof top every day at lunch," he said taking a sip of his coke.

"What? No! I have a life you know," I said," Make your own friends."

With that I left. 2 hours went by and my shift was almost over and that L.joe still hadn't left. In the back as I gathered my things Myungsoo oppa came back too.

"Is your shift done too?" I asked.

He nodded, " I'll drop you off home, I brought my car."

"Really? Ok!" I said.

As we went out of the room I noticed that L.joe left. Finally, I thought. Myungsoo oppa and I went outside to his car. I hand grabbed my wrist. I gave a little yelp.

"L.joe?" I said as I turned around, "Why are you still here?"

"To take you home obviously," he said slinging his bag around his shoulder.

Myungsoo oppa came over," What's happening. "

"Nothing oppa, he just asked a question." I said.

"Actually I was taking her home," L.joe replied.

"Says who!?" I said exasperated.

"Well, if he insists on taking you home," Myungsoo oppa said," Bye!"

With that he left. I looked over at L.joe who was just smirking.

"Lead the way," he said.

"Tch, doesn't even know the way but insists on taking me home," I muttered while walking past him.