That Pianist _ 그 피아니스트 : :

That Pianist _ [ 그 피아니스트 ]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

" Hye, I'm Byun Baekhyun. A pianist "

 

 

 

Cold.

 

   Its so cold tonight.  I close my eyes and let out a sigh.

 

   . . . .Slowly, I put on a smile when i feels a hand softly touched my shoulder, I turned my head to the guy and my stiffened shoulders softened under his touch. The way his warm hand brushed on mine really make me calm. He smiles and his eyes turned to crescent moon. Which makes me feels like there is a flower blossom in me, beautifully, gracefully. I will never get tired of looking at him -smiling, all day long. He slowly leaves and take a sit next to an old piano. Travelling his fingers through the white and black keys, playing music.

 

   I positioned myself next to him. Leaning my head on his shoulder as I immersed into his music. Never fails to make me lulled to another world. World that is full of love, his love. And his soothing musics. I dont want to leave this beautiful world. It means everything to me. I don't care about the reality, I just want to lives here, next to him. Today, tomorrow, the day after.. the future, forever and always. With his beautiful smiles, and his eyes which is sparkling under the moonlight , I can live with only his presence by my side.

 

 

But. . . . why..

 

 

      "Han Byul"

 

"Yes ,grandpa ,im coming !" I quickly take my steps to the living room -to my grandfather. I run to his side excitedly and grinned "your star is here ! why did you called me, grandpa ?" I blinked my eyes and clung my hand to his arm.

Grandpa and I are really close to each other. I am not even this close with my parents or even my bestfriends. He is so special to me. There are no words can described on how close we are. Nothing can replaced his spot in my heart. 

"I have a special present to you" he said with his husky and deep voice. Wrinkles on his face clearly visible as he smile. Which making me feels hurt, he is getting older and older through the days. I cant imagined my live without him..

"really ? but it's not my birthday, and there are no any special occasion.. are you sure grandpa ?" I hug his arm tighter and he slowly nod. I can barely sees his eyes, because he is smiling widely right now. I smile wider as I feels happy to see him like this. 

"You are my only granddaughter that I have, and you are the person who I trust the most,Byul-ah" He slowly run his rough hand through my warm cheek. I can feel the love. I nodded and chuckled. I held both of his cold hand tightly and fixed my gaze to him.

"What is that special present ,grandpa ? Is it that special ?" I asked

"It means a lot to me , the most precious things that I have treasured since I was a kid.."

I raised my eyebrows "Grandpa.. don't tell me..-" "That old piano" he cut my words and nodded 

"You are right Byul, That old piano is the special present" He said and he run his right hand through my long hair. "But Grandpa~" I whined

"It's yours, why are you giving it to me ? I feels bad, that piano means a lot to you" I pouted ,he slightly chuckled and coughed.

I handed to him some plain water and he slowly recovered as he run his hand through his chest before taking a long breath.

"Im old, Han Byul.."

My heart literally dropped ,my smile faded and my hand loosen from his hand. "You need to learn to talk to your parents too,.. You can't stick to me untill I died.."

I looked away and hold onto my tears "No, grandpa.." I mumbled "I'm tired of listening to their fighted and-" "They are still your parents, Han Byul"

I shifted my gaze to him, I put my hand on his again and held it tighter than before "Grandpa, don't say anything like that again, uhm ?" I raised my eyebrows and blinked my eyes

He sighed ,but never tired of smiling. "anything for my lovely granddaughter.." he patted my shoulder and I leaned my head on his lap "I will take care of that old piano, Grandpa.. I promise" I said , as the tears running through my cheek.

Dont leave, Grandpa.. Just dont..

 

 

"Han Byul Rim ! , listen to me- Han Byul !" "No ! leaves me alone !" 

I shouted and shoved away my mom's arm from me as I run with all my might to a room. "Han Byul !" I heard my parents calling after my name, but I ignored them and just continued running. "Grandpa.." I said for nth time. My breathing feels so heavy, it feels like my world have been crush.

Tears were running through my cheeks, just like a cold river. I put my hand on the doorknob and slowly twisted it open. My heart beating so fast ,I have never feels this kind of feeling before. It feels like ..dying..

My eyes shifted to a figure covered with a thin white blanket, on the bed. My eyes blurred due to the endless tears. Slowly, I take my steps to his side and extended my hand to the hem of the white blanket. I pulled it and it feels like the time stopped for a moment. His white, pale face.. Is all that I can see right now. "G-grandpa.." I called out his name, hoping that he will answered to me. But the answer never come.. I extended my hand to his cold cheek and flinched. I take a backstep and my knee weaken. I ended up sitting on the cold floor and frozed. I stared at the thin air as the warm tears falls rapidly through my cheek.

That's when the fact hit me. so hard.

 

He's gone..

 

 

   I blankly stared at the old piano. Travelling my hand through the keys, not bothered to press it.. It will only remind me to Grandpa.. The way he played it for me.. It's hurt me.. I miss him so much..

 

 

At that moment..

 

 

  I hear someone opened the main door. I shifted my gaze toward the door and see someone entering the house, its like dejavu.. my heart beating fast as I see that someone, and I dont even know why.

    That guy step in and stands infront of me, with a chocolate leather bag in his hand. He smiles and his eyes turned to crescent moon, which make my heart flutters. His face looks so cute, his light-brown hair with the bang really suit him. He wear a white uniform with a black bow-tie around his neck. His eyes are sparkling under the lamps light. How can a guy can be this.. beautiful ?

I blinked my eyes ,probably hipnotyzed by him.

"Hello ?" he waves his hand infront of my face and I flinched. I shook my head and shoted up from my seat. 

"I-im sorry-.. who are you ?" I asked and he smile again, my heartbeat runing furiously. again.

 

"Hye, I'm Byun Baekhyun. A pianist"

 

My eyes widened. 

 

" I have hired a pianist for you, he will comes over by next week"

Grandpa's words flashed in my mind.

 

"Ouh.." I mumbled, tyring to get into the situation. "Should we start now ?" He said, with his beautiful voice. It's like a music to my ear.. I cant believe this..

"..I dont know.." I take my sit and stare at the white and black keys.

A moment later, I feels his presence next to me. I can even feel his warmness.. I feels safe and protected right away after he sit next to me. Is it me or he really reminds me to my late Grandpa ?

"are you okay ?" I turned my head to him just to see he smiling again.

I cant believe my eyes, I hope I am not dreaming. I hope this is all true and not another fairy-tale story that i read.. The way he's smiling, the way his eyes turned to crescent moon.. the way he makes my heart flutter. Just like.. Grandpa.. I whispered and he raised his eyebrows

"pardon me?" he ask, bewildered

"ouh- no.. nothing" I quickly turned my head to the old piano.

I hear he grinned, "you must be close with your Grandpa" he said and I slowly nodded "well, me too" he continued.

I look at him again,disbelieved "you know my Grandpa ?" I asked and he smiled

"He used to be my pianist, I won't be here if its not for him" He looks at me "..He tells me alot about you"

I lower my head..

"Han Byul .." My heartbeat skipped a beat when he called my name, I hide my face behind my long hair and looked away.

 

"so.."

 

"parce que vous êtes précieux -because you are precious"

 

"pardon me ?"

 

"it means, let's start our piano lesson" he said -still smiling and extend his hand to the white and black keys..

 

 

    "are you crying ?" my eyes widened and I quickly wipe away my tears.

"n-no, I am not" I hide my face behind my bang and look away.

"I know you will be like this" He put his hand on my shoulder and another hand held my chin, making me facing him. My heart skipped a thousand beats, and my hands started to covered with sweat. He smiles and put his hands on the piano and shifted his gaze to me.

"Life is like a piano. The white keys represent happiness and the black keys represent sadness. But as you go through life, remember that the black keys make music too"

He slowly said while his hands pressing on the keys, playing some soothing musics with his eyes still not breaking eye-contact with me.. . . He just touched my broken heart. He just heals me with his beautiful words.. How wonderful is that ?

"everyone feels the same, Han Byul" he stopped for a moment "Your grandpa told me, that you live with him instead of your parents..in this house"

"uhm.." I nodded slowly

"the black keys.." he said and I shifted my gazed to him, getting interested. "you shouldn't erase it from your life.. you need to faced it instead" he held my hand and put it on the black keys, pressing my finger on it."you should faced your parents, faced the black keys and it will produced beautiful musics"

"that's what life is" he looks at me and let my hand go.

"what about the white keys.. I dont think I have any happiness in my life.. since Grandpa leaves me.." I travelled my fingers on the white keys and slightly press it

"you have one" he said and I look at him in bewildered, my hand dropped to my side. "i have one ?"

His eyes turned to crescent moon and he held my hand tightly "yes..you have one" he said, never failing to shoot me a smile.

I look at our hands, my heart flutters..

"I am.. your white keys"

 

 

    I tapped my feet at the ground, hugging my cold body. I shivered for a moment and search for a shelter.Unfortunately, there is nowhere for me to run away from the rain. ugh It's raining heavily, and every student in the school have gone home, leaving me alone.. I shift my gazed to my watch, and gasped, 1 hour have passed. Where in the world did my dad have gone to ?

I sit at the wooden bench and look around, no one can be seen right now.Right now.. I feel so dissappointed toward my dad. He promises me to take care of me really well after grandpa passed away. He just broke his pomises. This is why I hate living with my parents.

A moment after, I see a pair of feet infront of me,the rain stop hitting my body, I raised my eyebrows and looked up. A wide smile appeared on my face.

"Baekhyun" He is wearing his white uniform, like usual. But right now he is not holding his leather bag, but he is holding an umbrella instead.

"your dad called me" he said and take out a handkerchief out from his pocket, and gently wipe my wet face and hair. "I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter