Chapter One

Destiny

It was a gloomy Monday morning. I realized that I was almost late for my work when I glanced at the round orange clock hanging on the wall. Damn it! LuHan is going to kill me. I sprang up from my bed and got myself cleaned up and well-groomed at a lightning speed. I grabbed my documents and my coat before hurrying off my way to the subway station as I stuffed a slice of white bread in my mouth.

I ran all my way to the subway station in five minutes.I took a short break to even my breath.People were everywhere.Streets were busy.Everyone was rushing.The ear-deafening noises were making me feeling lightheaded.My vision blurred and I couldn’t stand properly.In my blurred vision,I saw someone rushing his way to my direction.

“Ouch!Sorry,” a deep voice rang in my ears when I was knocked down.I looked up and saw a tall blonde guy bowing to me repetitively.

Everything happened so fast that when I actually realized what had happened a few moments ago.Some tall blonde guy bumped into me.A minute ago,I was making way to the subway.Now,my papers were scattered all over the floor.I was about to shout at that brat for causing me trouble before I realized that he has already disappeared in the midst of the bustling crowd.

Don’t let me see you again or I’m gonna skin you alive,blind man!

I was about to help myself up when I discovered something shiny lying on the grayish pavement.I took a closer look and picked it up.It was a silver bracelet.I believed that it belonged to that blonde brat.I put the bracelet in my pocket before I picked up all my documents and arranged them nicely before I headed to work.

LuHan made me to do extra paperwork because I was ten minutes late for work.Oh,that pitiful ten minutes.Well,blame that guy who bumped into me.LuHan was quite a nice person most of the time except when it came to work.He was extremely strict about work etiquette and discipline.He would never ever tolerate when his co-workers made mistakes including me,who has been his best friend since middle school.I hate this side of him.Other than that,LuHan was really a wonderful and sweet guy.

After a whole long stressful day of work,I decided to drop by my favorite café , Paradise Café to grab myself a cup of hot Americano as a small little reward for my hard work.Holding a cup of hot Americano between my hands was enough to keep myself from turning into an ice sculpture in this January.A long queue was ahead of me when I stepped my foot into the café.I let out a small sigh before I got into the queue.Fortunately, I wasn’t in hurry to somewhere else.I decided to kill my time reading some most updated news online while waiting for my turn to place order.Reading is always the best way to kill time.

A husky voice startled and I was completely awakened from my own little world.I lifted up my head and looked around trying to search for the owner of that voice.That voice sounded really familiar to me.I’ve heard of it somewhere but I just couldn’t remember.Right,it was him!The guy who knocked me down this morning!What a small world we live in.I turned around and saw him talking on his cell phone. I was 100% sure that it was exactly the same guy who caused me to work overtime.I recognized his signature blond hair immediately.Were we destined to see each other again on the very same day under such different situations?I gave him a quick scan from head to toe before I glued my eyes back to my cell phone’s screen.My eyes were on the screen but my heart wasn’t.

That brat was approximately about six feet and three inches tall and unexpectedly very well-built.Almod-shapped eyes,sharp jaw line,flawless skin,broad shoulders and chest.All checked.And one more thing,deep husky voice.Well,I hate to admit this.This brat is my cup of tea.

I tittered when I peeped at him who was still busy talking on his cell phone.I bet he didn’t notice that I was peeking at him.Gosh,my image was ruined.But who cares?My prey is just within a few centimeters in my radar.I couldn’t simply tear my eyes from him.He was cute.Real cute. I should stop calling him brat.After a few minutes which lasted like eternal,he ended his call.

When it was finally my turn to deliver my orders , I stepped aside and turned around facing the hottie.Yes,he is a hottie.A scorching hot one.

“Hey handsome!Buy me a cup of hot Americano,”I blurted out.I didn’t know what struck me but I did managed to say those to him without stuttering.I’m impressed of myself.I didn’t know that I have this bold side of me.

“Huh?Sorry?Are you speaking to me?,”he asked.Bewilderment was all written over his chiseled face.

I was amused by his expression and let out a small chuckle.

“Do as I say.You do really owe me that.”I ushered him to the counter and placed my orders.He nodded confusedly and paid for our orders.

After collecting our orders,I guided him to a table,for two at the corner,stealing some glances from him occasionally as we made our ways there.

“So…uhm…Hi?Do I know you?,”he was the one who spoke first when we both settled down.This brat,he doesn’t remember me.

“Yes.You will and you are knowing me this moment.Just call me Lay,”I held my right hand out for a handshake.

He looked at me,baffled.

“Handshake?,”I looked at him skeptically.

“Right.I’m  Kris,”he held his right hand out.Was he some sort of dumb?

I said nothing in reply.I gave him a brief moment to recall his memory.The both of us sat in silence for a couple of minutes before I decided to break the silence.Apparently , he didn’t remember me.Was I that plain-looking or he should have whole body check-up in the hospital?

“It seems like you have no idea who I am at all,”

“Errm…Nope.Should I?,”he laughed rather awkwardly.

“Fine.I’m going help you to recall your memory.You bumped into someone this morning.Remember?That’s me,”I looked at him in disbelief before I continued.Did he hit his head this morning?

“Oh.That’s you.I’m sorry.I’m really sorry for knocking you down earlier.I was in a hurry.”

“So was I,”I said sacarsticly.

“I’m sorry for not helping you up.I was rushing to a very important meeting.I’m really sorry.Were you hurt?,”Kris stood up abruptly and bent over to inspect my face.Gosh,Kris’ face was only a few centimeters away from mine.

 “Nope.I’m fine,” Good sign,he was caring about me.

“Really?,”he cocked an eyebrow.

“Yea.Perfectly fine.Do you want to check it yourself?,”I tilted my head to the right and looked at him straight into his eyes as I unbottoned my coat.

Kris shifted uneasily in his seat.

A smirk slowly crept onto my face.

 

XXXXXX

words : 1130

Please ignore my spelling or grammar mistakes.Will someone be my beta-reader?

This is too fluffy,isn't it?