It Has Always Been You

It Has Always Been You

I woke up in the morning as the sun’s rays hit my face. I looked at the beautiful girl in my arms. I smiled to myself as I know that she is mine. We first met back in high school. We were popular for our fields as I am an honor student, while she belongs to the dance team. A lot of guys like her for her physical and inner beauty. It wasn’t love at first sight for the two of us. I usually see her, but there was one event that made me long for her smile and her heart.

 

I let my hands gently caress her cheek. She stirred in her sleep and slowly fluttered her eyes open. “Good morning,” I greeted her and gave her a kiss on her forehead. She gave me that smile that I always love. “What do you want for breakfast, pancakes, toast or fried rice? I’ll cook you anything.” I said and sat up. She sat up too and stretched her arms. Her back faced me and I could just cherish every moment with her. I s my arms around her waist and pulled her closer to me. I gave her a morning kiss, followed by the words that I can only say to her, “I love you Sooyoung.”

 

Choi Sooyoung was one of those popular girls because she was part of our school’s dance team. I was also known for being a smart student. She was beautiful both inside and out, and it was her inner beauty that made me fall for her. She would volunteer for charity events. At first, I thought it was just for show, but I knew she was sincere when she gave her umbrella to a group of street children. She used her jacket at that time and ran. I had my umbrella at that time, so I offered to share it with her. She rejected, but I insisted. From then on, we became friends. We began as casual friends, but sooner, I found myself falling harder for her each day, until I realized that I love her. I thought it would be hard to confess to her, but she surprised me when she confessed. I can still remember her cute face. Her hair was in small pigtails, and she was biting her lower lip. I was taken aback and just kissed her. From then on, we were inseparable, but we silently kept our relationship, even to my best friend, Siwon. We graduated high school together and went to the same college with different courses. We were happy. Wewere perfectly fine.

 

“I love you too, Kyuhyun,” she whispered to my ear. I rested my forehead unto hers and looked deeply into her eyes. “Will you stay with me quite longer?” I pleaded with my eyes. She sighed and looked at a different direction. “You know I can’t.” She bit her lip again. “Just breakfast. It’s been a while since you ate breakfast here.” I told her. I wanted to keep her longer in my arms. “Please,” I whispered. She looked down then looked at me again with a smile from her. “What do you want to eat then?” I asked her enthusiastically. “Hmmm. I want bagel! Then hotdog, egg and orange juice!” She exclaimed. “Okay then. Anything for my shikshin.” I chuckled and stood up. I got dress and went to the kitchen to quickly make her breakfast.

 

I got everything needed and began to cook. I wasn’t a born cook like others. I had to learn, which was hard, but I wanted to because I want to feed Sooyoung with the most delicious foods I can make. I want to make her happy. When I was done, I went back up, hoping she had already washed her face. But sadly, she was having a phone call.

 

“Yes, I am at Yuri’s place. I told you that I was gonna sleepover at her place. Okay, fine, fine. I’ll come there in a while.” I heard her sigh the moment she hung up the phone. “Soo,” I knocked with my heart drop. “Hey, Kyu,” she forced a smile as if I didn’t know what will happen next. “Kyu, I—“ “Need to go. I get it. I understand.” I finished her sentence. I sat down and sighed. “I even wonder if you still love me the way I love you. The way you used to love me,” I told her. “Kyu, I still do love you. Believe me,” she shook my shoulder. “Really? Are you sure about that, Soo? Because I’ve been wondering that if you really do love me, why can’t you be with me?! We used to make love, but now it’s just . You always have to leave because ‘he needs you’. Do you really love me, Soo? Tell me because I’m losing hope.” She wiped the tears that were flowing through my face. I wasn’t even aware of that fact.

 

“Kyuhyun, you know that I can’t leave him because—“ “I know. It’s because of the business ties of you and his family. It just had to be him. Of all the people out there, it just had to be him,” I chuckled with tears. “If you need to go to him because he needs you, then go. I know you’ll come back to me anyway.” I told her and whispered the last part to myself. To my surprise, she just sat at my lap. “Please, always remember that you’re still my first and only love. I’ll call you when I get home and what he will say to me.” She said and gave me another kiss before standing up to leave. I just lead her out of the house and watch her figure disappear.

 

I looked at the breakfast on the table. It wasn’t mine anyway, it was Sooyoung’s. Like I said, we were a happy couple. But that was until we were in our 6th year as a couple. She was crying to me, and I hugged her. She didn’t tell me immediately because of her tears and because she’s afraid that I’ll leave her, but I made her tell me. Her words broke my heart more than ever. “They arranged me to a marriage with Siwon. I don’t want to get married yet, and with him! Kyu, I love you. I don’t want to leave you, but it’s the only way for our business to be alive.” She cried unto me. My heart broke into many pieces. Siwon was my best friend, and my girlfriend was gonna be engaged to him. I got mad. The worst part, she can’t back out from the engagement as it was the only thing to keep their business stable. A part of the deal was that they live in the same apartment, even with different rooms. I hated it. If only I was as rich as Siwon’s family, I’d help you just so you won’t go with the engagement. We didn’t break off our relationship. We still kept it a secret. She would come to stay at my place at least once a month, and we’d make love. It was our way of showing our love towards each other. It has been more than a year since they were engaged, but Sooyoung hasn’t picked up a date yet, because she will never pick one. She just keeps on postponing it, explaining that she isn’t ready. Siwon, being the gentleman he is, follows the girl. We aren’t exactly sure what does Siwon feel for Sooyoung, but I don’t care. The only thing that matters was me and Soo.

 

_*_*_*_*_*_*_

 

It has been almost an hour since she left. Everything was left in place. I was holding my phone on my hand, waiting for her call. Just as I was about to lose hope, Sooyoung’s name flashed on my phone. “Soo!” I yelled with a smile. “I’m sorry if it took a while. Siwon was discussing this new project that I really wasn’t interested in.” She said. “It’s okay. Did he ask you about where have you been all night?” I asked. “No. I guess he was used to it. I wish I could have stayed in your place a little longer.” She said and sighed through the other line. “I wish too. I really wanted to keep you mine. You do know that nothing makes me happy than you, right?” I asked. “I do. You also know that my heart only belongs to you, right?” She said and I agreed.

 

Nothing can separate me and Sooyoung. Our love was the most powerful one. Living alone feels so lonely, but just thinking about her makes me smile. When everything feels like nothing is going to work out, Sooyoung will just call me and I’ll forget every horrible thing that surrounds me. I’ll just think about her and nothing else. She is the light of my darkness, the soul of my life. I could not imagine my life without her.

 

“Oh wait, there’s a call waiting. It must be appa,” I said and put Sooyoung on call waiting. “Kyu, this is appa. I wanted for you to meet Siwon, but he already have other businesses to take care of, so I asked whom you can talk to regarding the business, and the only one available was his fiancée, Sooyoung. I hope there will be no problem regarding that. Please be a gentleman to her.” Appa said and hung up. A smile was plastered to my face. “Soo, my dad called. He said I have to meet you,” I said in a happy tone. “Great! I can’t wait to see you!” She smiled and we both hung up. I dressed up nicely, a blue polo with the sleeves rolled up to his elbows. I sprayed Sooyoung’s favorite cologne from my collection. I neatly fixed his hair in front of the mirror and smiled before leaving the place.

 

I arrived just in time at the restaurant. Sooyoung had just stepped out of their car. I smiled to her and she smiled back. We entered the restaurant and we were eyes suspiciously. Others might have thought Sooyoung may be cheating behind Siwon. I still wanted to look like we were innocent, so I played. “So, how are things with you and Siwon? Have you decided on a wedding date?” I asked like a concerned friend, when I hated saying those things. I guess she got what I was trying to say and played along. “You know, we’re doing so well. He’s so busy that’s why he sent me to discuss business matters with you. We also haven’t chosen the perfect date for the wedding. I want everything to be perfect.” She answered me as we make our way to the private room of the restaurant that was reserved to us.

 

“I hate forcing out those lies,” I complained once the waitress left. “Aww, my baby Kyu is sad. What does he need to him feel better?” She asked and I smirked. “You know what I want,” I whispered seductively near her ear, making her feel my hot breath. She closed her eyes and bit her lips. I let my tongue trail down from her cheek to her neck. Suddenly, there was a knock on the door and I pulled away.

 

“Good morning sir and miss, what are your orders?” The waitress asked. I let Sooyoung choose since I’m fine with anything, and I know that she was a big appetite. When the waitress left, I moved my seat and sat beside her. I snuggled my head on her neck and began to shower her with butterfly kisses. She was giggling and I love it. “Kyu, we have some business to talk about,” she said as she holds my hands. “This is our business,” I said and gave her a kiss on the lips. “Not this. As in business of Siwon’s company and yours. Once were done with it, we can do ‘our’ own business,” she said. I sighed and nodded. I pulled away from her and she got the papers.

 

“It’s not really that important. They want me to give you this invitation,” she said and handed me. “Hyundai is celebrating their anniversary party. Siwon wanted to hand this to you personally, but since he’s busy he asked me to do it. You know I just couldn’t refuse.” She smiled. I smiled back, knowing that in her heart, it’s just me.

 

Later, the food arrives. Sooyoung began to eat. No matter how much she eats, she’s still graceful and beautiful. “I love you, Sooyoung.” I said. She stopped eating and smiled at me. She swallowed the food in before answering me again. “I love you too, Kyuhyun.”

 

“Where do you want to go now?” I asked her once we finished our food. “I want to go to my favorite place,” she smirked. “In my arms?” I wiggled my eyebrows. “Inside your bedroom, in your arms,” she whispered seductively. I felt myself become hard at her words. “Let’s hurry. You have to take responsibility of me.” I smirked at her. “Then I’ll do it with pleasure,” she said and my bulge lightly. I let out a soft moan and looked at her. “Let’s go to my place now,” I said and pulled her hand out of the restaurant. She was giggling, while I was trying to control myself. I don’t mind doing it with her actually. I’m just afraid that people might see wrongly of her.

 

I drove my car to my place. I tried to concentrate driving, while she keeps teasing me. “Stop teasing me, Soo.” I managed to say despite having a hard time. “I’m not teasing you. I don’t know what you’re trying to say.” She said innocently when she’s been playing the lace of her dress. She keeps crossing her legs, while the edges of her dress rises, slowly exposing her beautiful and slender legs by the minute.

 

Once we arrived, we ran towards my room and threw ourselves at my bed. We began to kiss roughly. She parted her lips and I let my tongue in. She had her hands on my brown and curly hair, while one of my hands was on her waist, the other slowly her thigh. We pulled away and saw our swollen lips. “Today, I’ll have you,” I said and kissed her. “You have always been mine. No one can take me away from you. Even if I get married to Siwon, it’s just on papers. My heart will always be with you,” she said. I frowned upon the stupid marriage contract to Siwon, but she managed to take my attention and thoughts again when she began to my polo. I smirked as we began to strip each other’s clothing. Nothing can come between us, Soo. Even if you’re with Siwon by papers, we will still be each other’s.

 

_*_*_*_*_*_*_

 

Tonight was the party that Siwon invited me. I also heard that Siwon has a big announcement. I wonder what it was. Maybe he finally realizes that Sooyoung doesn’t belong to him but mine. I smirked, but I just focused my thoughts on seeing Sooyoung tonight. I wonder how beautiful she is tonight.

 

Once I arrived at the party, I greeted my colleagues and my dad’s colleagues too. When it was time for the party to begin, the lights dimmed. The spotlight was focused on Siwon and Sooyoung. Sooyoung had her arm on Siwon’s arms. I balled my fist as I saw how she cares for Siwon. Maybe I was wrong when I thought that Sooyoung only cares for me. They are engaged after all. Why do I keep hoping that we’ll get married soon when she’s not even engaged to me?

 

“Kyuhyun?” I looked up and saw the most beautiful girl in the world. “Sooyoung,” I smiled. “I’m glad you came.” I can see how she wanted to hug me or at least hold my hand, but she’s hesitant, afraid that some news may come out. “Hey, Kyuhyun!” I saw Siwon and shook my hand. I smiled and shook his hand. I wanted to hate Siwon, but I can’t. He was my best friend ever since. “I heard you got some big news.” I playfully hit him. “Yes, well, you will all find out later.” He said and went away.

 

“Kyuhyun,” Sooyoung frowned at me. “Smile. You look the most beautiful with it.” I said and she did smile. My heart melted and I forgot everyone else. “Sooyoung!” She was called by Siwon’s sister, Sulli. She had no choice but to go to her and leave me. I watched her as she go away.

 

The party went on, but I couldn’t smile as much when I see Sooyoung with Siwon or other people. “Kyuhyun?” I turned and saw Yoona. “Hey, Yoona.” I smiled at her. We both looked at the wonderful engaged couple at the main table. “Hey, Kyu, do you still love Sooyoung?” Yoona was one of those persons who knew the love between me and Sooyoung. She was Soo’s best friend after all. “Of course. It has always been her. We’re already 25, Yoong. I’m supposed to be the one who’s engaged to her, not Siwon. We know very well how much we’re practically inseparable.” I said with my eyes fixed on Sooyoung, while trying to hold the tears. I wanted to practically grab her hand and ran out. The adults keep teasing them, when they don’t really love each other. “Kyuhyun,” Yoona held my arm and I nodded at her. “How about you, do you still love him?” I asked. She bit her lip and her eyes landed on Siwon. “Even if I say so, will he come to me?” She asked with her shaking voice. “Yoong, you’ve been in love with Siwon since we were in high school. It’s been 8 years already. Why are you torturing yourself?” I asked her. “Kyu, something happened between the two of us. It took me one night to confess to him, and one night for him to reject me and agreed to this engagement.” She said with tears about to fall. “Don’t cry.” I said and she nodded. She wiped her tears away and smiled as if nothing happened.

 

We looked at the couple again and Sooyoung saw Yoona. She ran to us and gave the girl a big hug. “Hey Soo,” Yoona smiled. The two just smiled, but Yoona’s smile faded. We turned and saw Siwon. “Hey, it’s time for me to make an important announcement. Please listen carefully,” he said with a forced smile and went to the stage.

 

“Good evening everyone. Thank you for coming to this event. I would like to announce something very important. It took me a long time before I was able to make this decision. As we all know, Hyundai has very good ties with CSY groups in terms of business. The ties were also made bigger because of the engagement of I and to the president’s daughter, Choi Sooyoung. I would like to announce something regarding our engagement.” Siwon said and closed his eyes to sigh. He opened it once again and looked serious. “I am sad to say, that the engagement is already cancelled. The wedding won’t happen. This doesn’t mean that the company’s bond will be broken. We will still invest in them. I just think that the engagement is not necessary, and I and Sooyoung could not marry each other for we do not have the mutual feeling that is needed. Please understand our situation. Thank you very much, and please, do enjoy the rest of the night.”

 

The three of us were shocked with the announcement. “Siwon,” Sooyoung ran up to him and we followed him. He forced a big smile at us. “Why did you cut off the engagement?!” Sooyoung asked. “Because I don’t want to anymore. I’m not ready for marriage, and I haven’t found the right one.” He said and walked away. With his last words, we looked at Yoona. She just ran to the ladies’ room with tears flowing down. “Yoona!” Sooyoung followed her while I went to follow Siwon.

 

I saw him leaning on the balcony, wiping his tears away. “Siwon,” I called him. He looked at me with a smile wherein you can see sadness over the happiness. “Sup, Kyu? Having fun?” He asked me. “Siwon, I want to know why you broke off the engagement.” I asked sternly. “Why are you mad? Aren’t you supposed to be happy?” He chuckled. I was stunned. “I broke it off so Sooyoung could be happy.” He sighed and faced the scenery before us. “I know that you and Sooyoung were together since high school. I know you two would sneak off class and make out at a dark room. I know that the two of you were inseparable. I never spoke of it because I want you to tell me, but that never did come, eh?” He said. I was surprised. He knew all along. “What about you and Yoona? And what’s with the engagement?!” I asked. I was confused. Everything wasn’t so clear. “Something happened to me and Yoona a year ago. I was unaware of my actions and regretted my act. I ran away from Yoona for fear. At that moment, my dad told me about me being engage to someone else’s daughter. Thinking that things will be better, I agreed. I never expected it would be Sooyoung. To be honest, I liked her, but I could not love her the way you do.” He confessed.

 

“When we were engaged, I did everything to forget Yoona, but I couldn’t. I tried to make her fall for me, but I couldn’t as well. I know all along that you and Sooyoung never broke up. You are still together, seeing each other behind my back. I know that when Sooyoung says she’ll be at her friend’s place, I know she goes to you. I know that you and Sooyoung go to dates and are usually out together. People tell me that she’s cheating behind my back, but I tell them I don’t believe them. I actually do everything so that no pictures of the two get leaked to the public. I know that she will never love me anyways, so I broke off the engagement. Kyuhyun, Sooyoung had always loved you. It has always been you for her.” He said and faced me. “So please, promise me to take care of her.” He patted my back and walked out.

 

I followed him and the two of us bumped into Sooyoung and Yoona. “Siwon,” Yoona called out for him before he went away. Siwon nervously faced her. “It has been a year since we’ve hung out. Don’t you think you owe me a dinner? If it’s about the past, can we just forget about it and hang out like we used too?” Yoona tried her best to ask Siwon to go on a date. “Siwon, please. I know that it wasn’t Sooyoung whom you loved.” Yoona voiced it. We were surprised to hear her, like she knew Siwon more than I do. “You said for yourself, you could not love her the way Kyuhyun does. Also, Sooyoung could not love you,” she sighed and said the words she wanted to say to him. “The way I love you,” she ended. Siwon was surprised. “I’m not expecting an answer from you, but I’d like to be given a chance to prove to you that I love you,” Yoona confessed. She seems so strong and confident, not caring if she will be rejected or not. Siwon smiled at her and took her hand. “I’d be happy too, but no drinking this time.” He said and the two left. I looked at Sooyoung and we chuckled.

 

_*_*_*_*_*_*_

 

Sooyoung and I were walking down the road where everything all began, where I first saw her with her umbrella. The party ended, and we avoided the questions of the people. We walked on our own, not taking a car. “Brings us back memories,” Sooyoung said as our hands sway like children. “Why are we here?” Sooyoung asked. “I just want us to go back where we first met, where our story began.” I said and faced her. “I never knew I can still have this chance. I thought I can never have you as mine again,” I said and caressed her cheek. “You know I never loved Siwon. It’s always been you.” She said and gave me a kiss on the lips. When we pulled away, I rested my forehead unto hers. “I love you, Soo,” I said and gazed at her eyes. “I love you too, Kyu.” She smiled. “Really?” I asked and she nodded. “Well then,” I took a step back and took a box inside my jacket. I kneeled in front of her and took her hands.

 

“I already had this last year, but since your engagement with Siwon came first, my plans were disrupted. Now, I think there’s nothing that can stop us, not unless you refuse, which I highly doubt will happen anyway.” I chuckled. “Anyways, Choi Sooyoung, you are everything to me. You are my breath and soul of my life. Of all the bad things that can happen, losing you is what I fear the most. Can you please be mine and stay with me forever?” I asked her as I opened the box to show a small heart shaped diamond ring. “Kyu,” I saw tears from her eyes and I slipped the ring on her finger. She pulled me up and hugged me tight. “I love you so much. Nothing can stop us now,” Sooyoung said and pulled me for one another sweet kiss.  

 


 

It really isn't as good as I expect it to be. I just want to try writing KyuYoung. I've been reading a lot lately, and I wanted to try this. :>