Chapter 4

Super Junior as Turks (FFVII)

Kyuhyun blinked up from the screens surrounding him, frowning slightly as the door to his personal office opened. His frown deepened as he caught sight of the unwanted visitors, Eunhyuk and Donghae, or should he say Hyukjae and Donghae, of the Turks. He raised an unimpressed eyebrow as the two marched confidently to his desk. He then gave a wicked smirk. It seemed that these two thought that they had something worth wild. He must admit Eunhae was good at what they did. Unfortunately gathering information was not what they did and he was pretty sure that whatever they were planning was going to crash and burn.

He leaned back in his chair as the two sat on the other side of his desk, the size of it rivaling even Tsengs with computers of many sizes and shapes littering the top. He sat silently but his eyes clearly showed his amusement. The duo didnt seem fazed by his arrogance, though, and dropped a red stained folder in the center of his computer filled desk. He picked up the file and opened it, deciding to amuse them, before the amusement in his eyes dimmed and the smirk fell off his face.

So, what do you think, Eunhyuk asked with a smug smirk.

Kyuhyun stared blankly at the folder, frowning at the smirking face that the found within. He knew that these idiots would luck up sooner or later and bring him something good. However, he never thought in a million years that they would come to him with something like this.

Nothing, Kyuhyun shrugged in return.

Nothing, Donghae asked, What do you mean nothing? Did you not read the file?

I can read, Donghae, Kyuhyun said shortly, But unfortunately, I didnt read anything I found interesting.

You got to be kidding me, Eunhyuk snapped as he ran his fingers roughly though his blonde locks.

Nope.

With that Kyuhyun threw the folder carelessly back to the center of desk. He made a show of rolling his eyes as he returned his attention back on the documents he was skimming through earlier, clearly dismissing them.

 Kyuhyun, Eunhyuk nearly pleaded, We need this information. I know you know whats going on out there.

 He knew of the materia issue. He knew of the effort the Turks were putting on finding YNK. He also knew that they were following the wrong people. They more than likely know nothing about the situation. Theyre just hired hands. The man that they should be following was the man in that file and never would Kyuhyun give him up.

I suggest you leave, Kyuhyun said after looking up, his face surprisingly serious,Im not helping you.

The hell you are, Donghae cursed as he crossed the desk and looked Kyuhyun in the eyes.

Kyuhyun gave the other an indifferent look, used to his flare ups, before looking over his shoulder to the blonde behind him, Do you mind getting him away from me?

Tell us what we want to know and maybe I will, Eunhyuk shrugged but Kyuhyun could see the discomfort on his face.

Theres nothing to tell you, Kyuhyuns voice was ice, Im not helping you.

Donghae blinked before slowly letting the other go. Kyuhyuns never been this cold to him before. Something was up.

Kyuhyun could feel the doubt from Donghaes curious stare. The look from his eyes almost made the hacker feel exposed, Donghae continuing to watch him as he slowly walked to his seat. However, Donghaes next question was what really caught Kyuhyun off guard.

Why,Donghae asked seemingly innocently enough.

Kyunhyun froze under the question.

I told you why, he mumbled, I wasnt interested.

The Eunhae duo shared a look. Kyuhyun knew that the two felt that he was acting suspicious. He could feel their questions as they looked to him once more.

Since when there was something you didnt want to know more about, Eunhyuk questioned.

Especially something like this, Donghae added.

Kyuhyun glared darkly at the two across from them. He knew what the two of them were doing. He watched them too many times from behind too many one-way windows to not know. They were interrogating him.

He wasnt falling for it, Im not helping you.

Dont avoid the question, Kyuhyun, Eunhyuk said.

 Im not, Kyuhyun growled as he tired of their games, So, leave like I told you before.

What are you hiding, Kyu, Donghae said as he narrowed his eyes.

Nothing,he said back calmly.

He could feel Donghaes anger rising but he couldnt speak on this. He couldnt betray the person that saved his life. It would defeat the reason why he joined the Turks to begin with.

Calm down, Hae, Eunhyuk said.

Donghae relaxed as he was asked but his eyes still held his anger. Kyuhyun and he were actually really close and Kyuhyun could tell that he didnt like the idea of the other lying to him. Donghae opened the folder and pushed it back in front of Kyuhyuns face with his finger on the photo inside, face hard and unforgiving.

Who is he, he asked in a low voice.

The question startled Kyuhyun. He knew what Donghae was really asking, 'who is he to you'. Donghae was a lot smarter than people gave him credit for, both members of the duo were. He knew that Donghae would catch on, but he didnt think that the other would call him out on it. Kyuhyun knows now that he isnt dealing with the understanding and kind Donghae right now. They really were interrogating him. If theyre shaking down fellow Turks for information, then things outside were much sourer than the reports that he was just skimming through were willing to tell. They must have no idea whats really going on. YNK was their only lead. That didnt make Kyuhyun back down from his decision, though. He had someone he had to protect.

I dont know who he is, Kyuhyun answered his voice just as menacing.

Youre lying Kyuhyun, Donghae shouted as he stood and knocked the chair away from him, grabbing Kyuhyun by the collar.

Leave,Kyuhyun said coldly as he snatched a gun from one of his desk draws and settled its barrel easily on  Donghaes temple, Now.

Let him go, Hae, Eunhyuk said. Donghae gave his partner a pained look but did as he told, releasing the geniuss black collar and lowering to his seat.

However, Kyuhyun didnt put his gun away, facing the barrel toward them both now. He knew that he wouldnt hurt them. They knew it too. Kyuhyun was just making sure that they knew that the conversation was over. Donghae gave the younger hacker a dirty glare. He could tell that he really hurt his dear hyung. Hell apologize later. Once this was all over and they can sit and discuss pranks and share dirty jokes, but not now, not when someone he loved life is on the line.

 Ok, Eunhyuk said with one hand up in surrender and other shoving an angry Donghae out of the door, We get it. Well find him on our own, Kyu.

Kyuhyun nodded at the nickname, one of them forgives him. He placed the gun back into its draw as the door to his office closed shut, the slam that Donghae gave it ringing though the now silent room. Kyu gave a heavy sigh as he put his head in his palms, confused on how to make it up to his favorite hyung. He then suddenly yanked the bottom draw of his desk open and snatched out the PHS within. He dialed one and waited. It rang five times – as it should – before it was answered and heavy breathing entered Kyuhyuns ear.

Shim Changmin, Kyuhyun yelled, silently glad that the room was soundproof, What the hell have you gotten yourself into this time!

 

\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\

 

Changmin stared in awe at the golden wrist cuff that sat snuggly on his wrist. Hes never seen anything like it. It gave an ethereal glow as he tilted his wrist to and fro, the man completely enthralled by the different shades of red and orange that reflected upon the surface of the cuffs pendent. He raised his head above the boulder that he finally settled behind, his mind stuttering into a stop as he took in the raging blaze that spread across the sand. It continued to burn brightly despite not having anything to feed it. Being in the profession that he was in, he knew his fire materia and never has he seen anything produce a flame such as the one this pendent created just now. Changmin gave an excited smile as he remembered how the flame burst from his wrist, not in fireballs like other fire materia would have, but like the gushing flame of a flamethrower. It was wild and he could barely direct it in his confusion, but Gaia did he love it!

He gave a deep breath in an attempt to keep the excitement that was bubbling inside on him down, but he couldnt keep the bright smile from blooming on his face. He looked to the cuff once more, feeling the low heat as it warmed his inner wrist and rushed through his veins. He had a feeling that he was going to have a lot of fun with this little charm. If only he can shake off the two assassins that were after his head.

Changmin jumped as his pocket vibrated. He looked at the ringing PHS in wonder before he gave it soft smile. Its been years since the device rang. He was beginning to wonder why he even kept it. As he flipped the PHS open and put it towards his ear, his wrist was caught by a knife as it pinned it to the boulder behind him. He gave the knife a once over, deciding that he thought the weapon has a very beautiful and intricate design on its silver handle, before he snatched his wrist free. He hopped over the boulder and broke into a run, turning from time to time to deflect more knives as they sped his way. It was only as he tried to brandish his sword with two hands did he notice that his still had the PHS open with his Kyu on the other line. He raised the device to his ear again, dodging yet another flying knife.

Sorry Kyu, he said as he ran, Can you repeat that?” He smiled as he heard the other give an irritated sigh, been a while since hes heard that.

I asked what the have you gotten yourself into this time, Chwang!

I dont remember the curse being so extravagant, Changmin grunted as he put the phone between his shoulder and cheek so he could hold his sword in the two handed grip.

Yesung, the knife thrower, finally caught up to him holding two more knives and swiping for his face. He blocked the other successfully, before bending low and going for a leg sweep. However the earth underneath them both rose, shaking and shattering under his feet. Hes partner just used quake materia. Changmin stumbled to get his footing before doing a back flip and skidding away.  However, Yesung used the uneven earth to gain height, striking Changmins crouched form as he flipped from above.

Chwang, Kyuhyun sounded through Changmins PHS, Now is not the time for games.

I agree, Changmin said quickly, Hold on for a second, Kyu, Ive been sitting in the sand for too long. I got to clean up.

Changmin pocketed the PHS without shutting it, raising his sword high and blocking Yesung. However Kangin was right behind and as Yesung flipped over him Kangin aimed his metal covered fist towards his jaw. Changmins eyes widened at the surprise before he laid low on his stomach and pushed himself to the side and from between the two.

The young warrior quickly got up before digging his hand into his pocket and fishing the PHS back out. He placed it towards his ear as Yesung rushed him. He faced the other as he placed the phone back between his shoulder and cheek. The other swiped towards him once more, Changmin dodging it, before giving a quick one of his own with his sword.

Hello, Changmin called as he blocked another of Yesungs swipes, Are you still there Kyu?

Still here, the other sounded annoyed, And still waiting for an answer.

Right , he said as he moved the PHS from his ear to bend backwards to dodge one of Yesungs roundhouses. He righted himself before delivering a kick to others ribs to only have it blocked, About that. To be honest Im not quite sure what I did.

How do you not know, Kyu asked from the other line.

However the voice was almost too far for Changmin to hear, as he tossed the PHS into the air in order to block an overhead swipe. He gave another kick to the mans chest, connecting this time, as he grabbed the other wrists that were still above his head. He used the others small height and his long leg to toss the other over his head. He squatted and barely caught the PHS before it shattered on the unrelenting dry land.

I have an idea, but Im not too sure, he said running once more as the ground began to crack under his feet. He knew he was a great fighter but he knew he couldnt take them both on. He needed to retreat. Ive been asking around, though.

Well, I need for you to find out, Kyu said on the other end, You have two of the worlds best assassins after you.

I n-n-n-noticed, Changmin yelled, his voice shaking as the ground rippled and rocked like the waves of a restless sea under Kangins merciless punches and quake materia. The quakes were so strong it ripped the earth from the ground, taking him with it.

No, Kyu whispered, They found you didnt they?

Kyu never mind that, Changmin said into the receiver, I need you to plan a route for me.

Plan a route for you, the nostalgia of the words chilled them both. It seemed like a lifetime has passed since Changmin said those Kyuhyun. Got it, Kyu said in return, Give me a minute I need to figure out where you are.

Changmin smiled at the familiar words before pausing, a small rock bouncing from behind of him before larger ones followed, What is that?

Chwang?

However Changmin was no longer listening. Instead, the avalanche of falling rock that was heading his way had his full attention. He could feel the sense of dread that dropped in the pit of his stomach. He couldnt out maneuver or outsmart that.

Hang up, Kyu, Changmin said as he broke into a run.

I thought you wanted me to plan a route for you, Kyuhyun questioned.

Hang up, Kyuhyun, Changmin yelled into the PHS, wishing for once that the other would listen to him. He pushed his legs harder. However the falling rocks from Kangin were faster. He wasnt going to make it.

Chwang, Kyuhyun yelled at the other, Whats wrong? Whats going on???

I love you, Kyu, Changmin whisper into the PHS as he cradled it to his face, his legs continuing to carry him even if he knew it wouldnt do him any good, I love you so much. Please remember that.

Chwang, Kyuhyun yelled panicked, No, dont tell me goodbye! Tell me where you are! I can help!

You know I cant do that, Changmin said panting, I cant risk you. The less you know the safer you are. You never know whos listening.

Then just give me some time, Kyu nearly shouted, Changmin hearing the relentless typing of keys, Youve been dropping hints! I know youve been! Ill find you! Ill get you out of there! Just like old times, right!

You cant fix this one, Kyu Changmin grunted out, the exhaustion evident in his voice.

I can, Kyuhyun screamed, Just keep fighting! Ill find you! Ill help you!

I love you, he whispered out once more before the line went dead.