Eternity

Eternity

“This is so nice,” Jaejoong whispered, curling close around Yunho’s body. They were cuddling in a completely deserted park in the middle of the night, leaning against the trunk of a large tree and gazing up at the pretty bright stars together. It was quite cold, but they had enough layers on, and each other’s warmth to keep them content. In front of them was a small basket with the goodies they had taken before they had left their apartment. Their hands were entwined, and everything felt so perfect. So, so perfect.

“I love you.” Yunho whispered suddenly, burying his face in the soft locks of his lover, inhaling the sweet strawberry scent—his own shampoo that the raven just loved to use on himself. He smiled when Jaejoong turned his head to kiss him gently.

“I love you too,” He breathed, nuzzling their noses together. They held each other close, more in love than they had ever been. Every glance at each other, as cheesy as it sounded, made them fall harder. “I want to stay here forever.” Jaejoong murmured, lips curled into a soft, shy smile as he pulled away slightly to gaze into the orbs of the younger man. “Stay here with you.”

“We’ll freeze.” Yunho chuckled, pressing their foreheads together, one hand squeezing the elder man’s waist and the other soothingly splayed over his belly. It trailed upwards, pressing against the raven’s chest and feeling the gentle heartbeat through the thick clothing. He felt blessed just feeling the soft thudding.

Jaejoong pouted at his words, shaking his head in a cute manner. He was not known as the twenty one year old Hero Jaejoong anymore, but he could easily still make anyone swoon with his cute antics. He still had the aura, still had the endearing qualities. “We can keep each other warm, if you know what I mean.”

Yunho’s smile widened into a full grown grin as he practically laughed in Jaejoong’s face, the gentle, manga-like feeling around them bursting into a more humorous, happy one. The man huffed, but couldn’t stop his fond smile as he watched the younger man’s features look even younger as he chuckled without a care. “I really love you.” Jaejoong mumbled, leaning forward and placing a gentle kiss on Yunho’s nose. The brunette smiled lovingly, watching as he turned back around and then pouted up at the sky adorably. “It’s been ages and we still can’t find Cassiopeia.”

“We don’t need to. They’re always besides us, no matter where we are.”

Jaejoong’s face melted into a touched smile as he leaned back against Yunho’s chest. He tilted his head up, gazing up at the handsome face of his lover. They said nothing, just staring at each other lovingly and wondering what they did to deserve each other. The love between them was eternal, and they thanked the heavens for giving them another chance to be together, because nothing felt right if they weren’t besides each other. They were each other’s other halves, and they could be only complete, if the other half was there too.

As Yunho stared at the beautiful face of his lover with such fondness, the little box in his pocket felt heavier. He had so much plans for that little box, plans of fireworks, acapella, beautiful sculptures and gentle music—but where they were, and how they were spending time at the moment felt so right. Yunho’s palms began to sweat, rethinking his choices. He could either see the breathtaking smile tomorrow, or he could see it tonight, just the two of them under the sky and cuddled close.

And as Jaejoong smiled up at him again, lazy and cute, he knew his choice.

“I love you,” Yunho said again, and before Jaejoong could reply, he continued. “I love you so much, baby. We’ve been together for more than ten years and I still love the thought of waking up to you right beside me. All these years, you’ve showed me the true beauty of you. Your caring personality, your gentleness, your love—everything, baby. I don’t ever think it’s possible to fall any harder, but you just prove me wrong every day.”

Jaejoong sat up a little, his orbs a mixture of sweet, sweet love and confusion as to why Yunho was suddenly saying this. He tilted his head, cheeks tinting a pretty pink when Yunho took his hand, and kissed the back of it softly. “We’ve been through so much together. We’ve fought, we’ve argued, we’ve shared pain. But I don’t regret anything, because it’s made us closer, and it’s made us fall deeper in love. I would have never thought I would get this chance to be with you in the end, but I am really grateful. Thank you for staying beside me all the time. Thank you for giving me strength, thank you for loving me. Words won’t be able to express how much you really mean to me Jaejoong-ah. I love you so much, and I want to spend the rest of my life with you. So..”

Jaejoong covered his mouth when realization hit him. He scrambled up immediately, watching as Yunho stood up as well, only to kneel down in front of him. He took out the box and shakily opened it, heart racing and eyes displaying his clear nervousness, but shining with love. Love for only one man.

“Kim Jaejoong, will you marry me?”

Jaejoong burst into tears immediately, screaming, “Yes! Yes I will marry you!” as he ran towards the other man. Yunho stood up in time, grinning breathlessly as Jaejoong slammed into his arms, sobbing hard into his chest.

Yunho felt tears of his own brim in his eyes as he held Jaejoong close. He pulled away for a split moment just to slide the beautiful diamond ring onto the raven’s fingers. Jaejoong was trembling as he stared at it, his tears dripping onto their hands. He hugged Yunho tight again, leaning up to kiss him hard, expressing all the emotions he felt in that single contact. Their tears mixed, and they both laughed, so breathless but so happy as they gazed at each other lovingly.

Nothing from here could pull them apart, and both knew it. They would stay together, eternally, with their hearts always beating for each other. From day one when they had met each other for the first time, it was fate.

Because now they were under the sky, Cassiopeia shining on them as they embraced lovingly, ready to spend eternity together. 

 

A/N: I have hope... that one day in the future, far future.... this could happen. I have faith in the both of them and I believe in their love more than anything. People will see me as delusional and just another crazy Yunjae shipper, but honestly, I admire their love a lot. They taught me a lot of things. 

Hey! You two. Get married, ok? /sobs. They are meant for each other T____T and they deserve a happy ending after everything they've been through.