Final

Hold Me Tight and Never Let Go

A.N I'm pretty sure I might get some hate for this, but, I just wanted to write something. If I make you cry, sorry in advance. Anyway, happy reading. Sorry for the typos as well.//


It was one a.m in Seoul. Everyone was expected to be asleep, but, not exactly everyone.

On the rooftop of one of the most luxurious apartments in Seoul, sat EXO-M's leader Kris. His mind seemed full, his heart heavy, and eyes filled with tears, which still had to flow.

He looked at the beautiful view of the city. Seoul has been his home if ever he wasn't in Beijing, or in Canada. He stayed in Seoul for four years before making his debut in EXO. He trained so hard, he made friends and most importantly, he made memories.

Looking at the city made him feel melancholic. He never knew why he felt that way, or why he entertained some thoughts; sad thoughts. He needed to tell someone. Although Joonmyeon already promised him that he'd be there to talk to him if he had problems, Kris thought that maybe Joonmyeon wasn't the right person to talk to.

He stood up and turned away from the view, and surprisingly, saw someone standing about five meters away from him.

",Taozi. You scared me." Kris said as he approached the Chinese maknae.

"Kris-ge, what are you doing here?" Zitao asked as he rubbed his eyes and approached the leader.

"Nothing. I just needed a little fresh air." Kris lied.

Zitao just nodded his head as he rubbed his tired eyes.

"It's one a.m and you want some air?" Zitao asked, finally getting a grip of himself.

"Well, yeah. Basically. Yeah. Come on, Taozi, it's one a.m, go back to sleep." Kris instructed.

Yes, it was one a.m. Zitao may have been very sleepy, but, he wasn't sleepy enough to mind what Kris has been up to.

He saw Kris wearing a jacket, jeans and sneakers, hung on his shoulders was a knapsack. And on his hand, his phone, a passport, and a plane ticket.

Zitao widened his eyes and asked:

"Ge, what is this?"

"It's nothing."

"Kris-ge, tell me."

"Taozi, I told you it's nothing."

"I don't have time for this,ge." Zitao said as he snatched the passport and ticket from the leader.

" Give that back, Taozi." Kris said, only to be blocked by Zitao.

Zitao read the flight details out loud.

" Destination: Vancouver, Canada
Date of Departure: May 15,2014
Time of Departure: 5:30 A.M"

Zitao read all the details of the flight, and once he was done, he turned around and faced his leader.

" So, you're going to Vancouver?"

"Yeah."

"But, it's an open return flight?" Zitao asked.

Kris sighed as he said:

"Taozi, you know, it's one a.m, you're sleepy. Why don't you just go downstairs and sleep and forget that this all happened."

" No! I can't just forget about this like it never happened. I need to know the truth!" Zitao said, his eyes glistening with tears.

"Taozi, you'll never understand." Kris said, his voice faltering.

"Ge. I know that you and the hyungs always keep some stuff from Sehun, Jongin and I because you're afraid that we wouldn't understand you but,ge, I'm not a baby anymore! I'm old enough to understand what's going on!"  Zitao said, while tears where falling from his face.

"Taozi, what made you think that we hide everything from you?"  Kris asked,with tears streaming down his face.

" Because you really do! You think you could hide everything from the three of us! I know everything you do!" Zitao cried .

" Really? Like what?" Kris asked.

"Like, when Baekhyun and Chanyeol-hyung had a huge fight last year and you just kept it a secret from us because you didn't want us to be worried. " Zitao replied.

Kris nodded his head.

"Or last January when Jongdae-hyung caught a flu in China and you had to rush him to the hospital after the performance. You told Minseok and Luhan-ge to bring me to the other room while you and Xing-ge  rushed him there. I knew it too." Zitao continued.

"Okay." Kris said.

" Or when just last week, you went to the cardiologist and had your heart checked due to your chest pain." Zitao said.

This caught Kris' attention. He widened his eyes as he looked at Zitao.

" How did you know about this?" Kris asked.

" Well--I--"

" I only told Joonmyeon and Yixing about this. And they swore to their whole lives that they wouldn't tell anyone." Kris asked, sounding quite angry.

" Ge, they had nothing to do with this. Yixing-ge and Joonmyeon-hyung didn't tell me anything! I swear."  Zitao replied.

" Then how did you know about this?!" Kris shouted, afterwards, holding his chest, and his face clearly in pain .

" Ge, are you okay?" Zitao worriedly asked as he knelt down beside Kris, who was having a hard time breathing due to his chest pain.

"In--my--b-bag. Outer p-pocket-t." Kris stuttered, as he held on to his chest with one hand, and to Zitao's arm with another.

Zitao quickly scrambled through Kris' bag and aming all the things he had, only one thing stood out.

" This one?" Zitao asked as he raised a blue bottle.

" Give me that." Kris said as he took the blue bottle, popped two white pills  out of it and swallowed the pills.

He returned the pills in the bag and once he felt much better, he looked at Zitao, 
who had a shocked expression on his face and whose eyes were already glistening with tears.

" Ge, what was that?" Zitao asked.

" My medicine." Kris replied.

" Medicine for what, ge?" Zitao asked.

Kris did not reply.

" Ge, answer me. Medicine for what?" Zitao asked, with tears streaming down his face.

Kris sighed as he scooted closer to the younger boy, afterwards,  he replied:

"Taozi, aside from Joonmyeon and Yixing, you are the only one who knows this. Promise me you won't tell anyone."

" I promise." Zitao replied.

Kris smiled as he held onto the younger boy's hand and said:

" Taozi, I'm sick."

" Then we should go downstairs, I'll tell Joonmyeon-hyung to prepare some medicine." Zitao replied as he stood up.

"No, Taozi. I'm 'sick' sick." Kris explained.

Zitao had a worried expression on his face before asking:

" What do you mean, hyung?"

Kris sighed as he let tears fall from his eyes, and replied:

" Yesterday, I got my results from my cardiologist, and Taozi, the results aren't good."

"Ge, tell me what you have." Zitao urged him.

" Myocarditis." Kris replied as he let out a choked sob.

He wiped the tears off his face, but, no matter what he did, the tears just came coming. Unable to find any other form of comfort, he just decided to rest his forehead on the maknae's shoulder.

" Taozi, I'm so sorry." Kris apologized as he started to cry.

" Ge, what's myocarditis? And why are you apologizing to me?" Zitao asked, crying as well.

Still crying, Kris replied:

" Myocarditis is the inflamation of the heart muscle. Taozi, its pretty serious, this thing I have."

" So, is that the reason why you're going to Canada? For treatment?" Zitao asked.

Kris nodded his head as he added:

"But, Taozi, there's no assurance that the infected cells would ever heal. Yes, it can be treated, but it will never heal completely. These cells would just multiply and multiply, until--" Kris continued, but got cut off by the younger boy.

" No! Ge, don't say that. You will still be healed, I know that. And after you get healed, we can all be together, forever." Zitao cried.

" I'm sorry,Taozi, but I guess my forever with you guys ends here." Kris said, his tears still endlessly flowing.

" Ge, you can't do this! We are one, don't you remember?" Zitao asked, still crying.

"I know, and you don't know how damn bad I feel for breaking it." Kris replied.

"Ge, please don't do this." Zitao said.

" Look, Taozi, when you face the crowd during next week's concert, I want you to smile."

"Kris-ge?"

" I want you to take care of your hyungs, and look out for them at all times."

"Ge?"

" I want you to take care of Jongin and Sehun and comfort them when they find out about this."

" Kris-ge?"

" I want you to tell Minseok and Luhan to help Yixing take care of the sub-unit. Tell Joonmyeon to take care of his sub-unit as well. Tell Jongdae, Baekhyun and Kyungsoo to take care of their voices. Tell Jongin and Sehun to dance properly. Tell Chanyeol to rap properly and you too. I want you to be the best maknae there ever was. I want you to stay the same and I am so lucky to meet you, Taozi."

" Ge, what are you talking about? Don't sound like you're never gonna see me again!" Zitao asked.

" That's why I'm telling you this now, Taozi. Maybe, it will happen." Kris said as he picked up his bag, ticket and passport and began to walk away.

He was stable enough to keep himself from crying but all that changed shen Zitao called out:

"Kris-ge!"

Kris turned around , Zitao came in and hugged him tight.

" Kris-ge ,why can't you just stay with me, please! Who will I go to when it's storming? Who will I go to when I'm scared. Who will I go to when I miss home? It's you, ge. It's always been you, so please don't leave me because we need you, I need you, by my side.

Kris just continued to hug him tight and he replied:

"I'm sorry, Taozi, that's just the way it is."

Afterwards, he released himself from the hug and he started walking away.

Zitao tried his best to block Kris from going out, but no matter what, Kris just managed to escape easily from him.

" Ge, please, don't leave." Zitao said as he held on to Kris tight.

" Let go, Taozi. Please. Just let go." Kris said.

" Ge, please. Don't do this." Zitao pleaded.

" I said, let go!" Kris said as he pushed Zitao, causing him to lose balance, hit his head on the ground and blur his eyesight.

Kris looked at the younger boy, and wondered whether to help him up or not.

He just sighed as he turned around, but, he was shocked to see Joonmyeon and Yixing in front of him.

"Hyung?" Joonmyeon asked.

"Taozi!" Yixing said as he ran to the youngest boy's side and helped him up.

" Kris-ge. Please." Zitao pleaded, with tears on his eyes.

Kris looked at Joonmyeon, who was now beside Zitao. He looked at Yixing, and afterwards, he looked at Zitao.

" Joonmyeon-ah!" Kris called out.

" Hyung?"

" You know what to tell the press." Kris reminded.

Joonmyeon nodded his head.

" Yixing." Kris said.

" Ge?"

" Take care of EXO-M." Kris replied.

Kris looked at Zitao.

" Taozi?"

" Ge, please. Don't do this!" Zitao cried out.

" Taozi, I may not be there, but if you're scared,I'll hold you tight and never let go."

Afterwards, Kris left the three on the rooftop.

" Kris-ge!! Kris-ge!!" Zitao shouted for his brother, who unfortunately, did not turn back for him.

" Taozi, it's gonna be okay." Yixing said as he comforted him.

" Yeah, Taozi, we'll be fine. And he will be too."  Joonmyeon added.

Zitao cried in the arms of his two older brothers until he let sleep conquer him.

When he woke up, he remembered the last thing Kris told him, and he knew that forevermore, he would never break that promise:

" I'll hold you tight and never let you go."