During.

Voicemails Left For Later


 When he woke up there was still warmth on each of his sides. He slowly opened his eyes and looked down, and the two men curled next to him weren't the two that had fallen asleep there the night before.  The one on his right nuzzled their cheek into his chest and clung on tighter to him. He heard soft whispers, and it was then he realized the two men were talking quietly to one another. He closed his eyes once again and tilted his head to the side to get comfortable. The conversation paused for a moment, the two men probably looking up to see if he was awake before they continued.

 

"I don't want to leave him alone."  Jinki recognized the voice as Taemin's. It was soft and he could hear just how much the man's emotions were effecting him.

 

"We have to Tae. It's the best thing for him." Ah so Jonghyun had finally got the cuddles he had wanted.

 

"But what if it goes wrong... he'll have to leave us." 

 

"It won't go wrong. SM knows how much Jinki means to us and the industry." Jinki felt warm fingers moving to touch his throat lightly. He heard a soft sigh. "We just have to be positive."

 

"How? We can't even be there when he goes under."

 

"Taemin shh! Do you want him to wake up?" Jonghyun sighed. Jinki could feel the nervous fingers twisting around the end of his shirt. "We can't let him know how we feel. He has enough on his shoulders Taemin without knowing that we are thinking things like this."

 

"I guess you're right."

 

"Always am."

 

Jinki took that time to softly groan and gently begin to move. Both men in his arms moved with him. "Jinki?"

 

"Tae..Taemin?" He slowly cracked an eye open and looked down to the man.

 

Taemin smiled softly as he moved to sit up. "Hey hyung." 

 

"Feel okay?"  Jonghyun asked as he pushed up and gently ran his fingers through the older man's hair.

 

Jinki smiled then, even with the worries heavy on his heart. "Yeah...mmm what time is it?" 

 

"Almost 7."

 

"Minho and Kibum went to make some breakfast... or at least get some together. We wanted you to rest." 

 

A small smile formed on his lips as he pulled both of the men down again. He pressed a kiss to both their foreheads and hugged them close. "Eh they stole your cuddles last night. I say we make them bring it to us."   

 

Jonghyun just smiled widely before cuddling closer. Jinki was always warm, and even if the lead singer never admitted it, he was the one out of the all that was the cuddler.

 

 
                                                                                                                     -----

 


There was something in the way they spent that morning together. Minho and Kibum came  back in with all assorted fruits from the breakfast the managers brought up from the lobby. The four younger members took turns feeding their leader. Soft kisses and small caresses were exchanged just like the fruit was. Smiles were free and frequent, and for once since they found out about it all Jinki's condition wasn't on anyone's mind.

 

A swipe of whipped creme, a loud laugh they hadn't heard in weeks, and everyone froze. Smiles spread across faces, a fond look in their eyes as they all moved to kiss his cheek, and one man giggling as he was bombarded with a dozen kisses all over his face. "Guys." He playfully shoved at them but the kisses continued. "Guys you all need to shave!"

 

They fell in a heap of giggles around him as they looked up at him. Jinki could hear the distinct sound of each of their voices as they said I love you and he smiled. "I love you too."  

 

"You missed some." Minho commented as he gently wiped the man's cheek.

 

Jinki stuck his tongue out at him. "Because of Demon Spawn over there."

 

Taemin smirked before giggling as Jonghyun and Kibum poked his sides. Jinki leaned over and pulled the youngest into a soft kiss. He heard Jonghyun whine. "Where's my kiss huh Hyung?"

 

Jinki just shook his head and turned to give the man a kiss. 

 

They all seemed happy, and that was alll that mattered to the older man at that moment.

 

                                                                                                               ------

 

When it came time to actually say goodbye to the older man none of them wanted to. They knew that the surgery was for the best, but they also knew that things could go wrong. Jinki was still going under, and that scared them. Each got a small kiss, a promise to return, to have a great time in Brazil without him and to not worry. 

 

That night as Jinki was going under for his surgery Minho couldn't handle being alone. His mind was going a million times a minute and he couldn't just sit at home in the dorm. So he decided that Jonghyun shouldn't be alone either. The man would be surrounded by people for his radio show, but he knew those people wouldn't matter. 

 

He glanced over at the man and reached over to gently squeeze his thigh. Jonghyun's eyes flickered over to him and a soft appreciative smile formed on his lips. It was then Minho realized that Moonlight was playing. He just hoped everything went okay so he could hear that voice again. 


                                                                                                                  ------

 

 

 

I'm sorry this is so short, but the next part is really long.

It's all fluff and after the surgery so yea :D