Crowded and Hot, But Perfect

Voicemails Left For Later

 It was soft quick locking of eyes.  A knowing look and a subtle lip bite before looking away. It was softly laying two Advil on the counter with a glass of water and just giving a smile. It was making sure he wasn't over doing it more than he was, but trying not to seem like they were smothering him. Warm things to drink, a certain member sighing and rolling his eyes at the others but taking the drink anyway with a thank you. It was asking if he could be excused from practice for a while, but having the man shake his head and refuse. They all knew that it wouldn't work anyway. It was wanting to still do their lessons still with him, but knowing that he needed to rest his voice.  They all knew it was coming, but no one said a thing. 

 

"You can stop looking at me like that." His soft voice snapped them all out of their daze. They hadn't even realized they had stopped watching the movie on the TV.  He didn't sound angry or annoyed. Not even a little bit. Just tired, like he wanted to lay in bed for days and just listen to soft music. "I'm not going to like disappear the moment you take your eyes off me."

 

He may not be able to see one of them looking him, but he feels all 4 pairs of eyes on him. All of the other members turn away from him, most staring at their hands that were laying in their lap or trying to focus on the movie that was still playing. All wanted to say something but only one had the courage; even if it was just a question, "Do you need more Advil, or maybe some of your prescription?"

 

The man turns his head a little from his space leaning on Minho and smiles at him. "No Bummie. I'm fine." The rapper of the group looks at him softly once again before moving his hand in circles on his side after pushing up his t shirt. The man says nothing about it because it feels really good and calming if he was honest, and just leans further into the embrace.

 

He feels someone moving closer on his other side, and he knows who it is by the soft sigh that flies past the person's lips. Taemin. The youngest of them all. He hasn't said much about everything in a while, none of them really had after getting the news, but they could see how it was effecting him. He had known their leader the longest. Was the closest when they debuted. No matter what had happened recently to lodge a space between them Taemin didn't know what he would do without the other man. None of them did.

 

Jinki used to sing to them so they could sleep. All of them remember the first couple days in the new dorm. Away from their parents and the life they knew. It was dark and scary and new. They all had climbed into their respective beds that they had chosen earlier that day, but ended up one by one climbing down into the middle bed to curl around their leader. He had sung to them, so softly and caring holding the two youngest to his chest, and none of them ever forgot. 

 

It was Jonghyun who spoke next. "Can we go to bed Hyung?"

 

They weren't watching the movie anyway. All of them were tired, and needed to sleep. Jinki gently sat up and stretched; Taemin falling behind him with a soft yelp. "Alright. I'll see you all in the morning right?" 

 

All nodded and stared as the man walked out of the small living room area of the hotel and back to the bed in his room. The other members have two other rooms to return to, because that would be where their managers would be looking for them come morning, but all they did when Jinki disappeared behind the closed door was share a look. None of them wanted to leave. All of them knew that they wouldn't get a bit of sleep in their respective rooms. That's why when Minho pushed off the couch not one person stopped him. They just gathered their snacks, threw them away, and followed after him.

 

The man was in the middle of pulling off his shirt when Minho pushed through the door. Jinki paused and looked over, eyes soft and knowing as the tallest member stepped through. The man gave a soft smile, and quickly moved over to help him take off his shirt. Jinki just looked up at him with almost sad eyes. "I can do it myself you know."

 

"But I like helping you Hyung." A soft kiss on the cheek, and Minho was sitting on the bed working his shoe off.  

 

"Are the others coming too?" Jinki asked a moment later after climbing onto the bed and scooting under the sheets.

 

Minho pushed his shoes under the bed and quickly disposed of his pants. His sweater was folded along with it and placed on the dresser. Jinki had the covers pulled up with a soft smile, and Minho climbed into the bed to curl against his side. "You honestly don't believe they allowed me to come back here alone to have you all to myself do you?"  

 

Just then Taemin came bounding through the door, flopping onto the bed with a smile. Key came in next, eyeing Minho and Jinki and rolling his eyes at how close they were. He snorted. "Ever being selfish huh Minho?" 

 

Before he could retort Jinki was wrapping his arms around him and sticking his tongue out. "Don't be picking on my Bambi." 

 

"Yeah because that's your job isn't it Jinx?" Jonghyun was pulling his shirt off and tossing it rather carelessly over toward the dresser.  He eyed the bed and the other 4 members and slightly pouted. "Oh come on. I never get to sleep in the middle." 

 

Key had moved to curl up on Jinki's left side and had his hand softly lain on the man's chest. There was a smirk on his face as he looked up at the still standing man. Taemin had taken up the spot next to the diva of the group, which left Minho's side for Jonghyun. "What's so wrong with sleeping next to Minho Jongie?"

 

"He's not as warm as you Hyung." Jonghyun said rather cutely if Jinki could say so himself., "And he always gets to sleep next to you."

 

"He does." Taemin commented.

 

"That's because he gets here first. That isn't my fault." Jinki leaned to kiss Key's forehead, and then Minho's. He smiled over at Jonghyun who was just climbing into the bed. "Now sleep or I'm kicking the loudest out."

 

Jonghyun whined, Minho chuckled softly, Key just hugged the man tighter, and Taemin looked at him to notice that the man was looking over at him. He flashed a smile and wrapped his arm around Key, making sure that his fingers grazed Jinki's stomach softly. It was crowded and rather hot, but it was perfect. And for once they could forget about what was coming up in a couple days.

 

                                                                                                         -----