o1

Destined Together

"Chapter 01

"Harabeoji are you okay?" I stared at his weak body that laid in the hospital bed. It was early in the morning and I was tending to my grandfather's needs before I attend school. 

"I'm fine Minhee." He chuckled and tapped my hand as I relaxed in my seat beside him, we listened to the hospital noises. The sounds of the beeping machine, the constant chatter of the nurses and doctors, the wind outside the open window. He closed his eyes to rest for a bit, and I started to hear his breathing, I examined his appearance as he lay peacefully. He was pale, and the eyebags under his eyes were noticable, his glasses were set on the bedside table and flowers and letters were spread around the room. He has been working on the company still, even if he was deadly sick he wouldn't be able to relax with his work on his mind. My grandfather is the CEO of his very own electronic company for the newest cellphones, his company spread out around the world, but mostly towards Asia. He would usual be in China or here in Seoul, but he would never be in one place for long. 

"Minhee it's time." My mom said quietly as she peeked her head from the door. I grabbed my bag and looked at my grandfather once more before I leave. 

"Minhee. Please consider this. I don't think I'll ever face my friend up there nicely if this marriage doesn't happen." He opened his eyes and whispered, pleading, hoping that I'll agree. I didn't get it, I'm only sixteen and he'll actually think I'll marry someone. I have a life to live and opportunities to seek, and people to meet. I don't want to get married, I don't want to be tied down at such a young age. What would the kids at my school say? What would my friends even think? 

"Harabeoji, don't you think I'm too young? I mean how could I ever balance my husband an-"
"In the old times you would already have kids! I promise you won't regret it, I'll make sure this man takes care of you and treats you like a queen!" His expression started to brighten, and his eyes started to shine. 

"Harabeoji..." I sighed. 

 

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 

"Oh Sehun, let me make you feel wonders tonight." I smirked as the pretty little thing continued to flirt with me, her breath was unsteady as she stared at me while I still held onto my cup of alcohol. I tilted the cup into my mouth letting the liquid slide through my throat. 

"Yura, that's enough. Don't you think he's getting tired of you?" I turned to see Luhan, my bestfriend persuading this red headed girl with a pixie cut. 

"Yah oppa, he's getting married, he needs to relax and finally have some fun. He's not getting any younger!" She whined as she stopped and took at seat in the stool beside me. "One cup for me adjusshi." She sighed and accepted the cup the bartender slid towards her. "Oppa let's party till it's morning, forget about your fiance and let loose." She whispered into my ear after having a few shots making Luhan shake his head in disapproval. 

Night turned to morning as the trio danced their hearts out in the club they were in, making everyone turn their heads at them. The dim lights, the bright sights, and the crowds of people stuck in that club raced each other forgetting all the worries and troubles of life. 

Carrying a drunk Yura, Luhan led Sehun towards his car. "Yah Sehuna, I know this is your last day in America. But don't be so down, who knows maybe she's a good catch." I shook my head as I  stared at the picture my parents had given me. A young girl stood beside a boy, smiling widely at the camera. Luhan silently admired the young couple, he envied Sehun's love for the girl in the picture, but at the same time was sad that he was now engaged to someone he doesn't even know. "Maybe it's not too late, you might find her in Korea Sehuna. Keep your head up!" He smiled hopefully encouraging Sehun to become happier. 

I could only stare out the window in wonder, the stars peeked out and shined brightly as I felt the car move fast throughout the city.