Autumn (1/1)

Four Seasons of Love

A/N: this is my favorite story out of the four.. really.. I remembered typing this in the middle of the night.. around 12am up to 4am.. yeah I was like high that time lol

inspired by this song  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cts6y-v7hhU Ever After by Marianas Trench (I love this band so much and you should definitely listen to this song and to their other songs :D)

 

 

The air was slightly warm; not too cold, not too hot, just perfect to roam around going nowhere in particular. The sun was high, illuminating the whole place accenting the red and golden leaves of the numerous trees and the clear blue sky. It was autumn after all, the best season of the year. It was a peaceful afternoon and my last class for this day just ended. Having nothing left to do, I decided to walk around the university while waiting for him.

 

I stared at my wrist watch and saw that it was just quarter past three and his classes won’t end until six in the evening. I sighed as I adjusted my bag over my shoulder and placed my headphones over my ears. Listening to the loud music coming out of it, my feet started moving, not knowing where to exactly go.

 

A small smile crept on my lips. If I’m still the same old me, I’m sure I’m now at the dark portions of the street smoking weeds or having gang fights with those goon-wannabes that were really weaklings. I am sure I won’t even be going to college like this.

 

 But then, everything changed when I met him.

 

Come to think of it, it was autumn when I first noticed him.

 

Our story’s a cliché. It was during high school. I was the school’s delinquent, he’s the flower slash angelic boy. Everybody hated me, students and teachers alike while he was loved, even by the freaking principal. I was never good with studies, always skipping lessons just to sleep on any place my back will lay flat on while he’s the topnotch that brought many trophies and awards for the school.

 

I hated guys like him. Those guys that love to kiss their teachers’ asses just to have good reputation or those guys that will act all saintly and holy making them look like they’re not doing something unforgivable. Those kids only make kids like me look worse than what we are already.

 

People around me judged me before actually getting to know me first. Even during that time when they saw me beating some bastard. In my defense though, I only rescued a nerd that was being bullied. But what did I get? I was suspended. I tried to reason out but that nerd has no backbone to stand against his bully to save my .

 

So why effort on changing their outlook towards me? It was easier to be like this actually. I get to do what I want to do and nobody will give a damn. No one has the guts to stop me or tell me what to do. They know better than to do any of that or else their face will meet my fist.

 

It was autumn when I actually first noticed him.

 

 

I was having my usual morning fight with some students from the other school. I cursed loudly when my supposed-to-be clean uniform was dirtied by those worthless pieces of . My mom took her pretty time to wash and iron them not only to get stained by these people. I never started a fight. It was always them provoking me first, wanting to get my title of being the best fighter around our area.

 

The weather’s good even at the early hours of the day but there I was sweating like I freaking ran a marathon. I punched the last guy then panted as I slightly winced at the ache radiating on my hand. I stared at it and saw how my knuckles started to swell. I heard rustlings and turned to glare at the weaklings who scurried to their feet finally running away from me.

 

Feeling tired, I lifelessly picked up my bag from the ground and went out of the secluded corner. I finally continued my walk towards school, my schoolmates avoiding me like plague when they saw how I look. Once I reached the gates, the teacher standing there threw me a disgusted look to which I just replied with a glare. See what I can do? Not even the teachers could do anything to me. Maybe they’re just scared or they really just don’t care anymore.

 

I kept on walking but my steps became slower when I felt eyes staring at me. I turned around, searching for that pair of eyes and I immediately squinted mine when I saw him looking at me with an unreadable expression. He was standing meters away from me. He looked like a main character from those manhwas I saw those bookstores were selling, making his appearance even more prince-like with the way the falling leaves swayed around him, the sunlight making those red and golden brown leaves stand out even more, contrast to his platinum blond hair that was swaying with the wind and pale white skin that was shining against the light that that vampire guy with the glittering skin once hit by sunlight will be put to shame.

 

I stared straight into his eyes thinking that I will scare him off but instead of tearing his gaze away from me, he just looked back with the same intensity and I don’t know how it happened but I felt something in me stir. His expression may be unreadable but his eyes told me otherwise. I couldn’t decipher it but it suddenly made me all warm inside. I was the first one to look away when those feelings inside me started to scare me. I resumed walking, this time a little bit faster until I almost run.

 

My feet led me to the back part of the school. I slumped on the ground as I tried to catch my breath, my nose also taking in the unwanted smell of trashes and abandoned scraps around me.

 

What the hell just happened?

 

I, the most feared student lost in a staring battle with a flower boy.

 

How weird and stupid was that?

 

I closed my eyes as my mind went back to those eyes, those brown orbs that seemed to the life out of me. They’re so beautiful and they’re even accented with his single eyelids. I don’t know why but is it just my imagination or I really saw a glint of concern on those eyes?

 

I shook my head.

 

It’s impossible.

 

Why would he, a perfect student, will be concerned with someone like me?

 

I ruffled my head in frustration. “This is plain bull.” I murmured as I finally stood up, dusted off my pants and went on my way to class. Maybe if I’ll attend those boring lessons today my mind will forget him.

 

 

I was wrong.

 

I ing forgot that we’re in the same class. I always caught him staring my way with those warm eyes I couldn’t help but slightly squirm on my seat. I was seated at the back of the room while he’s at the right front corner near the door. I’ll also catch myself unconsciously staring at him but what surprised me more (or not anymore) was he was looking back at me (again).

 

My whole day went on just like that much to my discomfort and when the bell for dismissal finally rang I immediately fixed my things and dashed out of the door, ignoring the shouting of my professor. His ranting was the least of my concerns now. I needed to get away from there. I needed to clear my mind.

 

Is that guy playing a game on me or what? I hate it on how he has this effect on me. Who does he think he is?

 

 

 

Days passed and I finally forgot everything about him. All returned to normal. I will be on fights early in the morning, will go to school all dirty and disorganized, skip some of my lessons, and fight again after school.

 

I wiped the blood off my busted lip with my clean handkerchief, the only clean cloth on my body since I hid it well inside my pocket, and winced when I felt the stinging pain. I was crouching beside a small grocery store located at the end of the town, my bag carelessly placed beside me.

 

Those bastards got me better this time. They’re ing cheaters alright? They cornered me when I was alone (like I ever had company, tsk) and there was like six of them, all with baseball bats on hand. How in the hell could I win with that?

 

I was able to get back at them pretty good though. I think I even broke one of their comrade’s arms.

 

I snickered.

 

Never underestimate me tards.

 

My smirk was immediately replaced with a frown though when I cried out loud when the wound on my lip was stretched making it bleed again and doubling its pain. I cursed loudly and started putting pressure on it with my handkerchief to stop its bleeding.

 

I was so into my wound that I failed to notice someone was already standing in front of me. I only saw how the shadow covered me making me look up and gasped silently.

 

There he is again. He was standing in front of me with that unreadable expression of his as he stared at me with his hypnotizing eyes. I was about to yell at him to off when, much to my surprise, he crouched in front of me and placed his bag beside him. He started rummaging through his things and pulled out a small white bag.

 

I looked curiously at him, wondering on what he’s going to do,

 

Much to my surprise(again), that small white bag was a first aid kit. He then removed my hand from my lip and started treating my wound. His face was full of concentration but his hands were so gentle. I was flabbergasted on how close his face to mine was that I was able to appreciate his appearance even more. His eyes really are beautiful, even more beautiful up close. His skin lived to my expectations of being flawless and smooth-looking. He has pointed nose and red plump lips. My eyes then travelled to his sharp jaw line giving him that masculine aura while my nose started to take in his sweet scent making me feel lightheaded.

 

I suddenly felt tiredness slowly getting into me that I closed my eyes, his gentle hands seemed to lure me even more to sleep.

 

“Hey don’t sleep on me now. I don’t know where you live.” I snapped my eyes open, surprised when he spoke with a deep soothing voice. I looked at him and felt myself blushing for letting my guard down.

 

He applied an antiseptic cream on my wound and finally arranged his things and placed them back in his bag. I stared at him all the time until he stood up and offered me his hand. I reluctantly took it and bit the inside of my cheek to prevent myself from smiling when I noticed how soft and smooth his hand was and how it perfectly fit against mine.

 

He immediately let go though much to my disappointment and turned his back on me, ready to walk away.

 

“Uhm..”

 

He snapped his head back and looked expectantly at me.

 

“Yes?”

 

I swallowed hard. Damn this is the first time someone helped me and also the first time I will say ‘thank you’. I never thought it was so hard to say those two words.

 

I just stood there gaping while he looked at me still waiting for me to say something, or anything. After a few seconds, he sighed and turned around again. He started walking and I know I have to do something.

 

Without thinking twice, I reached out and grabbed his hand. I pulled him making him face me with a surprised look on his face. I didn’t let go of his hand this time, afraid that I will chicken out again if I do.

 

I gulped loudly and saw him looking at our hands, with a small light blush adorning his pale cheeks.

 

“I…” I started finally catching his attention. He blinked a few times and slightly tilted his head to one side.

 

I never thought a guy could be this cute.

 

I cleared my throat. “Thank you ahm..” I paused, not knowing what to call him. He may be a well-known student and my classmate but I never bothered to know his name. I only remember those names of the people I beat up.

 

For the first time, I saw a smile lighting up his face, his white teeth and pink gums showing while the sides of his eyes crinkled prettily that I felt my heart skipped a beat and my breath hitched at such beauty in front of me.

 

“Hyukjae. Lee Hyukjae.”

 

 

 

 

Our encounter that day wasn’t enough though for us to be civilized towards each other at school. I’m still alone, he’s still with his friends. I still get myself into trouble, he still aced all of our exams. The difference though was that I always sat on that very corner, a small hope built inside my heart that I’ll see him there once again.

 

And I always do see him there.

 

He always treated my wounds that I started to feel guilty for using all of his medical supply. I even wondered why he has those in his bag. Maybe it’s normal for perfect students like him to have that? I don’t really know, but I’m glad he has them. It’s like this is our way of hanging out. We got to know things about each other and day by day I could only notice one thing: I’m falling for him, I’m falling deep for him.

 

And I know it’s not good.

 

 

 

“You know we should stop meeting like this, much more in a stinky place like this.” He commented one afternoon after he placed a band-aid on my eyebrow.

 

I looked at him, raising my unaffected brow. “What do you suggest then? We meet at school where everyone is looking at us like hawks?” I asked sarcastically making him roll his eyes on me. He’s the only one who dared to do that to me.

 

“Of course we could.” He said matter-of-factly that I could only stare at him in disbelief.

 

“What?! Are you nuts?!” I yelled at him, completely surprised that he was actually willing to be seen with me at school.

 

He simply nodded at me making me even more dumbfounded.

 

“But we couldn’t!” I retorted back and did he just pout at me?!

 

“Why the hell not?!” He whined cutely and yep, that indeed was a pout.

 

“You do know our standings in school right?” I asked him with my raised brow going even higher than before, if that was even possible. That caught him off-guard. His expression morphed from a cute one then turned to surprise then to a serious one.

 

We stayed silent for a while knowing that he was thinking deeply and I don’t want to bother him. After a few minutes, he turned to me again and nodded.

 

“What?” I asked not clearly sure on why he’s nodding at me.

 

“I know our standings but I just don’t care.” He replied and I frowned at that.

 

You don’t care?” I cleared out and he nodded in affirmation.

 

I sighed deeply as I massaged my temples. This conversation’s starting to give me a headache.

 

I maneuvered my body to fully face him, my face all serious.

 

”Tell me Lee Hyukjae,” I started and he just stared at me with his beautiful brown orbs. “You do know who I am right?” I asked and he nodded at me.

 

“You’re Lee Donghae.”

 

“And you know what I am at school right?” I continued to ask him.

 

He once again nodded. “Yeah but is it even important?” He questioned back quite innocently and now I’m really sure he doesn’t really see my point.

 

I heaved a heavy sigh. “Of course it’s important. You’re Lee Hyukjae, I’m Lee Donghae. You’re a perfect student, I’m a perfect disaster.” I explained. He didn’t say anything as silence once again enveloped us.

 

“…I don’t see the point there.” He mumbled after a while.

 

See what I mean?

 

“We can’t be seen together at school. Even what we’re doing right now is quite risky.” I told him and I swore I see hurt flashed in his eyes.

 

I heard him gulped audibly as his head hung low. I slowly felt guilty with what I’m doing but this is for the best. I cautiously moved closer to him and held his shoulders to pull him making him lean towards me I then started to his smooth blond hair. I started to feel his shoulders slightly shaking and heard soft sobs coming from him.

 

“I’m sorry.” I whispered to his ear as I kept on his hair as my other hand s around his waist to hug him tight.

 

“I don’t get it Hae. Why can’t I be seen with you? Why would we care about what other people will think?” He asked between sobs and the more I heard of them the more I felt my heart breaking into pieces.

 

“Are you ashamed of me?” He continued to ask in a much weaker voice and I could just gasp in surprise.

 

“Ashamed?! What the hell Hyuk?! I could never be ashamed of you!” I exclaimed, raising my voice a bit. How could he even think of it like that?!

 

“Then why?” He looked at me straight into my eyes with his own now reddish and puffy. His eyes were silently pleading, asking me to explain everything to him.

 

I sighed. “It’s not for me Hyuk, it’s for you. I don’t want to taint your name with my ugly reputation. I want you to stay what and where you are right now. We’re graduating soon and the last thing I would want to do was to make them change the way they see you just because you hang out with me.”

 

“But I love you.” I felt my heart stop. My eyes widened as I stared at him. He was now blushing furiously. He must have just lost it and accidentally blurted those words.

 

“Hyuk…”

 

“It’s true Hae, I love you. I have always loved you. We have been classmates since our first year and I have loved you ever since. I don’t know why but there is something about you that pulled me and then one day I just woke up and realized that I like you. That infatuation soon grew to love. I always watched you from afar but I’m afraid of approaching you knowing that you might think badly of me. So I thought that maybe if I will be a perfect student I will catch your attention but I was totally wrong. I was actually thankful that I saw you here that very day.” He explained, his cheeks getting redder every second making him even more adorable than before.

 

But wait…

 

He really loves me?

 

So he’s not bluffing?

 

“H-Hae?” He called for me making me snap out of my thoughts. I looked down and saw him looking at me with his puppy eyes, his lips forming a small cute pout.

 

So I’m not really dreaming right?

 

I blinked a few times to get rid of the sudden blurredness of my eyes. He looked worriedly at me as he slowly lifted his hand and wiped my tears with his thumb. I didn’t know I was crying already.

 

“Hae why are you crying?” He asked in a soft voice with his brows scrunched up, his eyes screaming with more worry.

 

I shook my head as I smiled at him. I grabbed his hand that was touching my face and started kissing it, one each finger, his palm, then the back of his hand. I then lifted his chin and slowly leaned in to kiss his lips.

 

It was an innocent kiss, no tongue or teeth involved and yet it made my heart burst out with too much happiness. I felt him let out a satisfied sigh then smiled against my lips. Then he finally kissed me back, putting the same force I am giving as he slowly s his arms around my neck, pulling me closer.

 

Feeling our lungs starting to burn with needed oxygen, I parted from his lips then rested my forehead against his, my eyes staring straight to his brown orbs, a smile on our lips.

 

“..Hae..” He called me, still breathless because of our kiss.

 

The smile never left my lips as I leaned once more and gave his nose a peck on the tip then another on his lips.

 

“I love you too, my love.”

 

 

 

 

I smiled when I recalled that most memorable moment of my life, not caring if the people around me started to threw me weird looks. My daydreaming was cut though when my phone suddenly beeped. I fished it out from my pocket and smiled even wider when I saw who the sender was.

From: Hyukkie my love

Hae! I’m sorry but I’ll be going out a bit later. My prof suddenly decided that it was cool of him to extend another half an hour for our lesson. TwT

If you want you can go home first. I know you’re out early today so you can just rest at home. I love you Hae… mwah! :*

 

The smile on my face remained as I read on how adorable he really is even just on a text message.

I started typing my reply.

To: Hyukkie my love

That’s fine babe, take your time. I already waited long enough so thirty minutes is nothing. I’ll be just at the park near your building then we can go home together.

Do well on your lessons okay? I love you!

 

I pressed the ‘send’ button and placed my phone back into my pocket then started looking around for any vacant seat. The park was quite full because of the good weather but luckily I was able to spot a bench. I made my way there and sat on it, placing my bag beside me. I placed my leg over the other as I watched how the other students had fun with their companions. Some are doing a group study, some are talking with their friends or even lovers, while some are just laying on the grass taking a good afternoon nap.

 

Now where was I in our story?

Ah yes, the confession. Let’s continue now shall we?

 

 

 

 

Never in my wildest dream had I ever thought of Hyukjae loving me back. After that confession though, we still kept on arguing. I insisted on keeping our relationship, at least until we graduated but he kept on refusing, even threatening me to end it right there and then. For Pete’s sake we’ve been together just minutes ago.

 

I explained everything to him, slowly and surely and maybe he just got tired of it so he finally agreed.

 

I thought everything was settled until I stepped inside the school the very next day.

 

As usual, my clothes were dirty, my face was a mess. The same teacher once again threw me a disgusted look and I just glared back at him. Same old same old really. That is until I heard an awfully familiar voice calling my name.

 

“Hae!!!”

 

I whipped my head and saw my baby running to me with his pretty gummy smile, his bag loosely placed on his shoulder, an extra clean uniform on hand. I gaped at him, totally not expecting any of these.

 

He hugged me tight once he reached me and slightly pulled away only to kiss me on the lips.

 

In the middle of the school with the students staring at us with wide eyes and their jaws dropped.

 

“H-Hyuk?” I asked still shocked from the happenings.

 

“Good morning Hae my love!” He chirped, his voice very loud for the other students to hear and I swore I heard gasps everywhere I don’t know if I should laugh or get angry.

 

“W-What are you d-dong?” I stuttered, horrified with what’s happening.

 

Hyukjae pouted and innocently looked at me. “What’s wrong? I’m just greeting my boyfriend a ‘good morning’. Oh baby here I know you’ll dirty your clothes again so I brought you a new pair but seriously though, you should stop fighting so early in the morning.” He said as he shook his head in fake disappointment then hooked his arm on mine and started dragging me inside the school building straight to the restroom. He pushed me inside a cubicle and tossed me the clothes he was holding.

 

“Change quickly okay?” He said and I had no choice but to comply.

 

 

I thought it will be the end already but no, it just had to get worse from there.

 

We entered the room together with him holding my hand tight. I wiggled out of his grasp since our seats were far from each other but much to my horror, he sat beside me.

 

Everyone including our teacher eyed us with shock and disbelief but said nothing. My boyfriend was too happy to notice everything. Or he noticed it but he just didn’t really care.

 

Oh please don’t get me wrong. It’s not that I’m not happy with what’s happening. Actually I’m overwhelmed and my heart was about to burst because of too much happiness. My boyfriend’s Lee freaking Hyukjae and the said blond was very proud and shameless to display his affection for me. I mean who wouldn’t be happy with that right?

 

But I still have that dreaded feeling in the pit of my stomach. The weird looks we got from the other people were just the start of everything. And I don’t know what I could do to them if they’ll ever lay a finger on my Hyukjae.

 

 

 

“Hyukjae what’s the meaning of this?” I reprimanded him as soon as we’re alone at the rooftop. He kept his head low as he played with his fingers, a habit I noticed he kept on doing whenever he’s nervous.

 

“I…”

 

“Hmm?”

 

He looked up to me then pursed his lips into a thin line. He then looked away from me as he pouted.

 

“Lee Hyukjae I’m waiting.” I mumbled impatiently as I tapped my shoe against the cold floor, my hands settling on my hips.

 

“I know I broke my promise t-“

 

“It’s good that you know.” I snorted, cutting him off. He shot me a glare instantly making me shut up.

 

“I know I already promised you but you know I never really agreed to your idea right? I don’t care about what other people will say. I love you and I’m gonna show that to the world.” He explained with pure determination in his voice. I looked at him with my jaw dropped. If he’s determined to do something then there’s nothing or someone that could stop him, one of the annoying attitudes of a perfectionist.

 

It really is annoying but I found it very adorable in him.

 

“But Hyuk-“

 

He silenced me when he wrapped his arms around my neck and kissed me long on my lips. “Let’s prove them wrong Hae. Don’t worry I’ll help you. Just trust me hmm?” He asked and his eyes staring right into my soul were enough for me to nod dumbly at him.

 

He smiled and gave me one last peck on the cheek and finally let go. “Come Hae I made us homemade lunch!” He said cheerfully and who am I to say no to someone so beautiful and lovable like him right?

 

 

 

The news of us being together spread like wildfire at our school and it earned multiple reactions. Some pitied Hyukjae and even spread rumors like I just forced him to be my boyfriend or else I’ll beat him to pulp. Or that I was only using him to have good grades since I’ll have someone to do my assignments and reports.

 

Those rumors made Hyukjae so mad that was the first time I saw him got angry. He was about to confront everyone but I was fast enough to calm him down, telling him not to mind those people.

 

“But Hae none of those are true! I’m with you because of my own will and because I love you!”

 

I bit my inner cheek as I prevented myself from giggling like a freaking teenage girl. But really, I was touched with the sincerity of his words. It was the first time someone told me that and I couldn’t get any happier than this.

 

I wrapped my arms around him, hugging him tight. “Don’t worry about it. I’ve experienced worse besides, you told me to trust you right?” I asked him and felt him nod.

 

“And I do trust you. So stop minding them. Now show me your smile.” I cooed him making him blush. He playfully punched me on my chest but nonetheless showed me his gummy smile. I chuckled and even hugged him tighter, squeezing the life out of him.

 

Those people who made my baby upset better pray that I won’t catch them or else.

 

 

I am proud to say that I could feel the changes happening to me because of Hyukjae. I did everything I could to avoid those thugs who were asking for fights before school and luckily I was able to always escape them. The bright smile from my baby that I always get every time I’ll arrive to school all clean and unscratched was what made me charged enough to last the whole day. We always sit together, be it in class or lunch time spending every second together, not minding the judging eyes of everyone. The fear inside me vanished completely when Hyukjae held my hand, assuring me that everything will be okay and that whatever he has won’t be affected, not that he minded it. He said he’s getting tired of all those things and the pressure they’re giving him. I even apologized when I told him how I judged him without getting to know him first. He just laughed and waved it off, telling me how lucky I was that he loves me or else I might have a broken arm right now. His gaze then turned into an emphatic one, telling me that he knew how I was also judged, and that we’re just in the same boat.

 

“People will always judge you no matter what you do without even knowing the real meaning behind your actions but why bother explaining to them? Those who don’t really care won’t believe you and those who really love you don’t need your explanations since they’ll understand you unconditionally.” He said.

 

What he said was true and he’s the one who proved it to me. When I once asked him what he can say about my past, he just smiled at me and reminded me that he doesn’t care about any of those. Seeing my struggles when it came to avoiding troubles, I was surprised when he himself confronted those thugs only to tell them to finally let me go, even threatening them that they’ll face him if they will come to me again. Those idiots only laughed at him at first but immediately shut up when he glared at them, a thing I don’t know he could do. I saw it myself and I was also scared less.

 

I now believe to never anger a kind person for you won’t know how they will become once they got angry.

 

And yeah, I guess it was safe to say that they never bothered me again ever since.

 

If I have known it then I should have just let him talk to them beforehand.

 

I was now doing well with my studies. Since he’s always with me, I never skipped any of my classes and I already established a study habit. We will always go home together, either to his home or mine and study together. After the two-hour torture of studying, Hyukkie will reward me of cuddling plus a sumptuous dinner made by him and yes, those were enough to keep me motivated.

 

I myself was surprised on how I could easily pick up the lessons. I could do well in my studies if I will really want to, we concluded. And of course, the results of my exams showed it and my Hyukkie couldn’t have been more proud.

 

People still avoided me and now Hyukjae as well but he said he didn’t mind.

 

“I don’t need their attention, I only need yours.” He assured me with his adorable gummy smile and a sweet kiss on the lips when I opened this topic to him one afternoon while walking our way to his home.

 

What did I do in my past life to deserve someone like him? I also don’t know but whatever that was, I’m very thankful for that.

 

We were able to graduate high school and even passed the entrance exam to the university me and Hyukkie agreed to go to together though with different courses. I took up Architecture while he took up Financial Management.

 

We decided on living together since the university’s a three-hour ride from our hometown. Our parents immediately agreed, mine even threatening me to never be a burden to their son (yeah they disowned me and took Hyukjae instead, sigh) to which Hyukjae and his family just laughed at, ensuring my parents that I won’t be such trouble to my boyfriend.

 

 

 

I was so into my own thoughts that I failed to notice someone took a seat beside me. A gentle push from that someone was enough though to snap me out of my trance. I furrowed my brows in annoyance and was about to yell at him when I widened my eyes once I turned to my side. There I saw my baby grinning at me, his smile forming those small lines beside his eyes that were twinkling with love and happiness directed only to me.

 

My breath hitched as I took in the gorgeous view in front of me. His hair had grown much longer than before, now slightly wavy but still blond. His white skin is still the same but he’s practically glowing a lot than before, still a very good contrast to the falling leaves of autumn all around. The sun had already set, given that it’s already night but with him in front of me, the whole place seemed to light up in an eye-blinding light that I won’t get tired looking at.

 

“Baby!” I exclaimed as I hugged him tight making him giggle. I felt his arms wrapping around me, hugging me back just as tight. I let go and kissed him on the forehead, to the tip of his nose, then finally to his lips, a lot longer than the previous two.

 

“You really waited for me huh.” He said as I sat properly, his head leaning on my shoulder while his hands found mine and started playing with my fingers. I hummed in response and slightly bent down to kiss his blond hair.

 

“I told you I’ll wait besides, it’s really lonely to go home alone.” I explained, scrunching my face as I imagined how lonely it really is if I’ll walk home alone and then will only be greeted by the darkness and silence surrounding the whole apartment.

 

My love laughed whole-heartedly knowing what was really running inside my mind. It may be a bit embarrassing but I really hate being alone though during the dark era of my life, I literally have no one so I had no choice. And now that I have him beside me, I will never dare try to be alone again. The emotional stress was suffocating and I don’t want to experience it once more.

 

“I’m sorry Hae. It’s just that I don’t want you to wait longer than necessary knowing how stressed you are with your lessons.” He shot me an apologetic smile. I shook my head and gave him my toothless smile.

 

“Don’t worry, I understand. Well,” I stood up and offered him my hand to which he took immediately. I squeezed his hand, still feeling all giddy inside like how I was when I first held his hand back to that dark corner. His hand is still soft and still perfectly fits against mine. “Let’s go home.” I smiled as I let go for a second only to wrap his arm around mine then once again held his hand and started walking.

 

“What were you thinking so deeply that you failed to notice me? I called your name a few times already but you’re so concentrated on something that you didn’t hear me.” He asked making me look at him. He was staring back at me while pouting adorably that I had to look away or I might not stop myself from peppering him with kisses in the middle of the street.

 

As my mind went back to what I was thinking a while ago, I couldn’t help but smile, an overwhelming feeling starting to spread inside me. I noticed him from the corner of my eyes how his sulking expression was replaced with a curious one.

 

“Nothing.” I finally answered, teasing him that he once again pouted at me. He yelped when I suddenly stole a kiss on his lips then ran ahead of him, every inch of my self-control thrown away for a second.

 

“Yah!” He shouted as he too ran, trying to catch up with me. I stopped running and waited for him while extending my hand towards my baby. He slowed down his pace and grabbed my hand, intertwining our fingers as he catches his breath. His face was now red because he was never the athletic type and even though I forced him to exercise or play outdoor games with me, he won’t budge and simply whined like a brat on how I badly wanted to torture him. And yeah, I could only roll my eyes at him and give up in the end.

 

“You meanie!” He playfully scolded me and I just stuck my tongue out to him.

 

“Really Hae, I’m curious about it.” He insisted as we started to walk again. I stared at him and smiled gently as I diverted my gaze forward.

 

“I was just thinking about everything that happened the moment you came into my life.” I mumbled and felt him halt his steps. I too stopped; a few steps ahead of him with our hands still tangled together then tilted my head back a little to take a look at him.

 

“What?” I asked.

 

“Why the sudden thoughts?” He asked in pure curiosity as he tilted his head to one side.

 

I tugged on his hand signaling him to start walking again to which he did. He skipped a little, trying to keep up with my pace still with his eyes scanning me curiously.

 

“It’s like my life took a 360 degree turn because of you. I thought, ‘If I hadn’t met my angel, what would I be doing right now instead of studying in a university and waiting for him by the park to finish his lessons for the day? Probably I’m at the street taking weeds or getting into useless fights.’.  It’s really funny how a clumsy blond guy has that effect on me but,” I paused and pulled him towards me, my arms automatically snaking around his waist, my forehead resting against his as I looked directly into his eyes that were getting glassy with tears threatening to fall any minute. “I regret nothing. If there is anything I’m feeling right now, that is gratefulness to the Big Guy above for giving me such blessing I will cherish forever.” I continued and gave him a peck on each cheek then to his plump lips. His tears finally fell and I immediately wiped them away using my thumbs still with a gentle smile on my face.

 

“Tsk. Look at you, already a college student but still a crybaby.  My crybaby.” I teased and his hands automatically formed into fists and punched my lightly on my chest.

 

“It’s your fault for saying such things.” He retorted back in a bratty tone but obviously failed as he kept on sniffing and hiccupping oh-so-cutely.

 

“Well, I just know how to appreciate all that I have. So…” My words trailed off as we finally reached our apartment building. We took the stairs since our place was just at the second floor. We stopped once we reached our door, a small yellow bulb illuminating our spot and I eyed him as he was searching for our keys inside his bag, his face full of concentration for such a simple task.

 

Really, how can I not be thankful to have someone like him in my life? This someone who came without any warning only to turn my life upside down, making me see the light to the right path. This someone who didn’t walk in front of me, also not behind me, but beside me, giving me the strength to make it through to whatever that came and will come to me. This someone who never got tired of making me feel that I am loved and accepted for who I really am; who never cared for my flaws and wrongdoings but instead embraced them whole-heartedly. This someone who holds not only my heart but also my soul, my whole being, and being the lucky guy that I am, I’m also holding his and I will never let him go unless he’ll tell me that he finally grew tired of me and wanted me out of his life.

 

“Hyukkie..” I gently called him as he beamed once his fingers touched the metal thing inside his bag and excitedly pushed it towards the keyhole opening our lovely home. He paused on his steps and looked expectedly at me.

 

I smiled at him. “Thank you and I love you so much.”

 

The lights inside our home are automatically lit up once the door was opened from the outside and I was thankful for that because I got to clearly see how his cheeks blushed furiously at my words. 

 

He turned his face away from me as tears once again ran down his face. What a crybaby. I reached out to hold his wrist and swiftly pulled him turning his body to face me.

 

“You’re crying again.” I deadpanned but with the way he was glaring at me made it obvious how he caught the amusement on my voice.

 

“I’m not.” He denied childishly and pouted deeply.

 

I pulled him towards me and hugged him tight once I felt his body against mine, my senses being filled with his warmth and sweet scent.

 

“I love you baby.” I cooed.

 

“I love you too my love.” He replied in a shy manner, his voice mumbled since he’s pushing his face against my chest but I was able to hear it very clearly.

 

The whole world may be mean to you. They will judge you, insult you, hurt you and will make you feel like . That’s normal. You’ll take everything, their harsh words and actions that put wounds on your heart and mind, dealing with all of these on your own. That’s also normal. But one day, there will be that someone that’ll come your way and will tell you that everything’s gonna be okay, that he or she will never leave you and will be with you throughout your whole journey to life, be it an adventure or a trip to hell. Then finally, finally, you’ll be able to say to yourself, “Ah,I can surely make it through because I know I’m not alone and also because, I am loved.”