Chapter 4: Not So Secret Nuptials

Reunite in Love *HIATUS*
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

SOUTH Korea was one thing to get used to but the whole ride through China and the flight to South Korea was nerve-wrecking for her. Their bus was stopped so many times that it was causing her to cling to him whenever soldiers went up to their bus to check people out. She thought that even after going this far things were going to end up with her back in her parent's home and as a pawn in someone else's crazy chess game.

 

She had half expected people to ask them all sorts of things but since the members of their tour group were mostly people in the same case as her, they were trying not to talk about something that could get anyone in trouble. The “couples” took as many pictures as they can. Others were more lovely-dovey than Shiyuan and her. But he set the tripod well so that most of the shots that they took included both of them. He was so photogenic that the pictures looked like they could fit in a photobook. It was as if he was putting together memories and selcas of their “couple trip” to make her visa believable.

 

“You don't have to do this.” she had whispered to him once, he was going to take a picture of them almost kissing. He smiled when she said that and they had to repeat the shot. It was hard for her to have his face so near to hers that she looked away at the last minute. The pictures came out with more cute innocence than she expected. He gave her a phone that he used to take selcas of them.

 

“Once you are registered in my family, you would have a residency number. That would make things easier for you. We have to get out story straight. So how did we meet?” he was so enthusiastic about it that she couldn't stop him from coming up with their story. “Do you know my friends met their wives outside of Korea. One of them is married to a Filipina. The other three are engaged to her friends. I'll tell you their love stories one of these days. I would have to tell you about my group mates in Super Junior later. There are so many of them. I want to tell you so much about me but let's just say we had a whirlwind romance here in China so that it wouldn't be surprising that you don't know a lot about me.” his eyes became sad for a moment. “I just broke up with my girlfriend. She ended up dating someone in New York.”

 

She didn't know where the feeling of sadness over his love life came from. She held his face and was surprised when there was a camera flash. The lady who she met in the hideout took the picture. They ended up laughing and getting another picture out of that. Shiyuan had been fleeing a heartbreak. She was fleeing a war-stricken country. Somehow those pictures were showing a bit of the happiness they have been trying to put out there to make their lives

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter