Two

Goodbye

I glanced at the boy beside me and saw that he was sleeping, again. He really looked so tired. A month had passed since Jimin received the news. At first, I thought everything would just be fine. I knew that there were would be changes, but not this much. We've spent time preparing, I watched him practiced his dance, his vocals and even his Seoul dialect. We had so much fun because we spent the whole time together. We danced together, watched movies together, ate together. We held hands while walking to school and going home. We even held hands secretly in class, hiding our linked hands under the table while chuckling. We laughed at every little things and to his jokes, we thought that everything will be fun, that everything will be okay.

Well, everything was okay, until two weeks ago. Two weeks ago since he became an official trainee. Our time spent together became less—much much less. Sometimes he came to class late, and most of the times, he slept in class. During lunch break, he would prefer to sleep than eat with me. After class, he will immediately go back to the company. Saying the words I hated the most—"I'm sorry. I promise next time". But I always smiled and nodded to him, assuring him that everything was fine.

The bell rang signaling lunch, half of the class already flooded the hallways and went to the cafeteria. I looked at Jimin's figure sleeping, I put my elbow on the table and rest my head on it, copying Jimin's position, but my body was facing him. With my other hand, I started to trace his face features. Even though we are together now, I still missed him.

I got surprised when he suddenly held my wrist. I flinched a bit "I'm sorry if I wake you up" I looked at his face but his eyes were still closed. He still held my wrist and put my hands on his face, my palm touching his cheeks. "You didn't. I'm already awake." He said. I blushed, so he knew that I was tracing his features "Uhm, Jimin". "Hmm?" "My hands" I said but he just opened his eyes and smiled "I like the feeling of your hands on me. It's warm and comforting".

We both sat properly, but our hands were kept intertwined, as if no one wants to let go. "Uhm, I'll buy lunch. Will you stay and sleep?" I asked him but instead of answering, to my surprise, he pinched my nose using his free hand. Without letting go of my hand, using his other hand he reached for his bag and took out two lunch boxes. "What's that?" I asked. "Our lunch" he said and put the other on my table. "I cooked these" he said proudly and gave me the chopsticks.

"Thanks, but you don't have to do this. I know you're tired from practice" I said. I knew Jimin, he helped his mom in the kitchen but he's not a great cook. I knew that it took a lot of effort and time of him just to prepare these lunch. "I have to" he said and I looked at him questioningly "You always go down at the cafeteria for lunch" He said while pouting. "But you're sleeping, and I always bought your food" I reminded him. "But you always came ten minutes before bell rings and I eat alone. I missed eating together with you" he said, I can't held back my smile "me too"

"Let's eat" he said. "Uhm Jimin" I said and he looked at me "I'm not a leftie, I can't eat with my left hand" I said because he was still holding my right hand "Oh right, then I'll feed you" he said cheerfully before getting some meat from the lunchbox "Jimin!" "I won't let go, you have two choices, be feed by me or be hungry" he said and smiled teasingly "Aish, fine" I said and ate the food he was feeding me while he smiled victoriously.

The bell rang and it was dismissal already. If before I'm one of the students who wished for the bell to rang early, right now I'm the total opposite—because dismissal means that Jimin have to go back, and we're gonna be separated again. I just sighed heavily as I packed my things. I got out of the door first, not forgetting to say goodbye to my friends when suddenly Jimin came beside me and held my hand again. I looked at him but he just casually said goodbye to our friends before facing me and showing me his smile "Let's go" he said.

We walked in silence, with our intertwined hands, we walked down the building with small steps, we didn't care if it will take forever just to reach the gates as long as we were together longer. We stopped by the gates when his phone buzzed, he took it and read the message. I glanced at his phone and at his face, his expression changed. I knew it. He looked at me. I smiled "It's okay" "I'll walk you until the bus stop" he said and I nodded. We continued to walk again, still with small steps. We didn't talk about the way we walk, we just felt it. We didn't care if others were looking at us, wondering why we were slower than the turtles. I looked up and saw the bus stop, I wish it would be gone there and be another kilometer away, but it didn't. It was impossible.

We both sat down, our hands still intertwined. I had another wish—I wished for the bus to come late, or not come at all. But again, it was impossible. The bus came soon. We stood up, I looked at our hands, one must let go, but both didn't want to.

I sighed and looked at him. "Take care" he said. "You too, and fighting" I cheered. He kissed my forehead and again I wished that the time would stop, I wished that he would ride the bus with me and go home together, but it can't be. "I'm sorry" he said. I shook my head and smiled "Don't be" I took a step away from him, and finally I let go of his hand.

 

  ↭  

 

When I wished that the time would stop, it passed by so fast. When I wished for it to be fast, it will slow down.

Months have passed since then. Jimin had already transferred school, taking much more time of us together away. When I'm not with him, I wished for time to be fast, so he could finally make his visit. When we're together I wished for the time to stop and be together with him forever, but it would be so fast that the next thing I knew, he already need to go back. 2013 came by, we spent time together during Christmas and New Year, but now we were back being separated.

It was then when I logged in on my SNS and scroll at everything when one caught my attention. It was about the new group that Big Hit will debut soon. "Is this what he's talking about?" I asked myself. Jimin had told me that they will be introduced to the public even before debut. And for the next few months, this is what I've been doing. Always checking about Jimin, like the videos that they uploaded. I watched his dance practice and his every log. His chubby cheeks were still there, and even in their Graduation Song MV, I couldn't keep my eyes off of him. He was so cute that I wanted to take him out of the screen if only I can.

There were times when he was able to contact me before, but it was always just a short talk-- that was all we could do. But now, even those were gone. They were busy preparing for their debut. And the day when they released the teaser came. Jimin, I'm so proud of him. I bought their album and watched every performance. I was so happy for him, yet so sad for myself. I didn't even know if we were still "together", I mean he's now an idol and he can't date, and he has now a lot of fans.

I was so happy when I have read an update that they will have a fansigning event at Busan. Finally I will see him again. Even though I will see him just as another fan. And even though I knew that it will only be for a short time. I was so happy that I didn't realize that my friend was already calling me. "Yah! Daeun-ah!" I looked away from my phone and to her "I'm sorry, what is it?" I asked but she just handed me a letter "Congratulations!" she said. I took the letter from her and started to read it making my eyes widen. It was about the play at the town center that I auditioned for. It was not just an ordinary play since, those who will be approved and get roles will have the chance to perform at a theater in Japan. And I just got in. I smiled at my friend, this is my dream, to be a great theater actress, and it's a step for me towards my dream. But only then I realized the date.

The first meeting for those approved participants will be on Monday, and everyone should be there. I took my phone and read the details about the fansigning event. Monday.

I didn't know if I was just unlucky or if I have made a big mistake on my past life, why the two important events be held at the same time? With so little time apart? Being part of the play, acting on the stage was my dream, but on the other hand, I will saw Jimin at the fansigning, the guy that I've missed so much.

Everything came so fast again, and I was hit so hard by the pain. I went to the theater. I didn't get to see Jimin. And I regretted that I even checked my SNS, all of it were updates about the event, some of my classmates and schoolmates were even bragging they were able to see BTS.

I watched Jimin from the screen, he was so happy and playing around with V. All these crazy bangtan bomb videos of them made me laugh and cry at the same time. And also, they had a comeback for N.O. Another chance came for me to see him and this time I made sure to see him,

I sat nervously, fidgeting my fingers, a few minutes left and they will come out. And there they go. They were all so breathtakingly handsome, but he was like a magnet that automatically attracted my eyes. I held my breath, I missed him so damn much. If only I could ran to him and hug him so tight, if only I could take his hand and ran away with him. Then the event started, I waited patiently until my turn came, and finally I was there in front of BTS.

The first was Jin, he's really handsome perfect for the visual. He asked for my name and I said it "Please take care of the members well and yourself, BTS fighting!" I said to him before going to the next person which was Jungkook. The maknae was also handsome and his smile can melt fangirls' hearts. The third person in line was V and I came to him all smiling, but I got a bit confused when he narrowed his eyes at me, maybe he was just playing around. I secretly glanced at the person beside him and saw him smiling busy signing the album of one fan, I looked at V again when he asked for my name. "Daeun, Byun Daeun" I said, and I couldn't be wrong I saw him stopped for a bit and glanced at Jimin, did he know? I also glanced at Jimin and saw that he was looking at me, he surely heard me when I said my name. He looked really surprised but then smiled afterwards and continued signing. He already finished signing the album and was just waiting for V to finished signing my album. I secretly glanced at him, he looked at me once in a while and then do aegyo for the other fans so that they won't be suspicious. I thanked V after and finally I'm faced to face with Jimin.

"Hello" he greeted, his smile not faltering. "Hello" I greeted back. "What's your name?" he asked, as if he didn't know. "Daeun" I answered "Beautiful name" he commented and I smiled. He started signing and put hearts on it, then he saw the note I put with the question

When will you go home?

_Christmas

_New Year

_Graduation

He checked Graduation and I looked at him. He just smiled at me before writing a "Promise" at the note quickly then hid the note in another page before the manager could see it. "Uhm, can we do a high five?" I asked "of course" he said all smiled and we did high five, the moment our hands touched, I wished that it would be forever. I want to hold his hands longer, but I got to do it for 3 seconds.

3 seconds. The hands that I can hold all day before, I only got to touch for 3 seconds today. And that was the longest we could.