Matchmaker mama

I remember

(Shin Hye)

"Eomma, my friends are here!" I shout as I enter the house. The fragrance of my mom's cooking hit me and I immediately become hungry.

"I'm almost done with cooking! You guys can wait in the kitchen," She shouts back. We enter the kitchen to greet her. She turns back briefly and smile before turning right back to the food. "Hi! I've heard so much about you two, nice to meet you!"

Both of them greet her and bow politely. Mom turns the stove off and transfers the food onto the plate. She turns to look at them properly after that. 

"Wow, Min Jung you're so pretty! Look at her eyes, look at her figure! Are you not a celebrity?" Mom beams and looks to be in awe. She then turns to Min Ho. "Omo, isn't this that boy? That boy from the supermarket? The handsome, tall one who helped me pick up my fallen groceries!"

Min Ho seems to recognise her so he bows politely. I'm not sure if I see it right but he is blushing slightly. How cute! I want to pinch his cheeks already. "Hi eomoni," He grins. Mom gets all of us to sit down to eat. The entire time only compliments can be heard. Both of them enjoy mom's cooking so much I can tell it makes her very very happy. That makes me happy too. Mom keeps on looking at both of us and in an instant, I know what she is thinking about. I shake my head in a hurry when she looks my way. She just grins. My mom is really driving me crazy. I put my chopsticks down and stand up.

"I'm going to go shower," I announce. Min Jung stands up as well and follows me up. While I pick out my clothes, she just sits in front of me and stares at me. I ignore it at first but after awhile I can't anymore so I look up. "What?"

"I think your mom likes Oppa," She says and then giggles. "I bet she's gonna matchmake you two."

I groan at that. Min Jung knows how my mom is like because I always tell her about it. She thinks mom is cute though but honestly, if it's happening to her, her probably wouldn't think that way. I stand up to go to the toilet.

"It's not impossible though, is it? You and Oppa together," Min Jung wonders aloud. "But that's just weird. We are like siblings already. You won't fall for him anyway, right?"

... This just makes it all the more impossible. It just tells me that I need to give up on this long-time unrequited crush. It's time to give up anyway. It's been too long and I need to move on because we're not progressing at all. Plus, Min Jung is my best friend and I care a lot about her. If she doesn't like it then I'll give up on him. It's not like anything will happen between us anyway since I'm just a little sister to him. I nod in false agreement and go to the toilet to shower. 

After showering, I go down to the living room only to be surprised. My mom took my baby photos out to show Min Ho!!! Aren't that stuffs parents show to their future son-in-law or something?!

"EOMMA!" I scream. I am so embarrassed because I have so many unglam pictures as a baby. I don't deny that I was a cute baby but I don't want Min Ho to see my baby photos! I look at Min Ho only to see him laughing. Both of them laugh together and I throw a cushion at Min Ho. He catch it instead of it hitting him, making me angrier. "I hate you guys."

I sulk and go back up to my room and see Min Jung sleeping soundly on my bed. It's about ten already so I wake her up to ask her if she wants to go home or sleepover here instead. Where did the time go? It feels like only minutes from when we came home. Min Jung stirs and wakes up looking pissed. I take a seat about one meter away from her in case she decides to do some karate.

"I thought it was my brother," She giggles sleepily. "What is it?"

"It's ten pm already. Do you want to go home or sleep here for the night?" 

"I think I'll sleep here. I'll call Eomma first though," She says. I nod and then ask her if Min Ho is staying too. "I think he will stay too if that's okay with your parents. He can sleep on the sofa downstairs, can't he?"

I tell her it's okay if it's fine by him. Mom allows them to stay but she surprises me by making me let Min Ho sleep in my room. She says he should sleep more comfortably and that it is okay if we just keep the door slightly open. To my surprise, even Dad allows it. Min Jung is too tired to be surprised. I seriously think my family is weird. Or maybe they really want me to be with him so badly. That's just weird too. The three of us end up sleeping in the same room with Min Jung and I on the bed and Min Ho on the couch near the bed. 

After turning off the lights, I take the chance to take off my bra. I hate sleeping with a bra on and I can never fall asleep because it's too uncomfortable. I throw it across the room, trying to aim for the laundry basket beside the couch. I hear it drop onto something so I assume it is already in the basket.

"Erm..." Came Min Ho's voice from the couch. "What just landed on me?" Oh. My. Goodness. Did I happen to throw it to him by accident? What the freak! Why do I have to have such a lousy aim. Min Jung stays silent and from that I know she's asleep, thank goodness.

"Erm sorry!" I dash off the bed to get it from him. Poor me, the light has to be shining in and I have to be wearing a thin white shirt. Blame my Min Ho's eyes widen in shock and I am tempted to faint right on the spot and pretend I have a sudden memory loss. I quickly take my bra from him, throw it in the basket and rush back to the bed. I can't believe that just happened. I'm such a klutz. Why did that have to happen to me? Why? That is just plain awkward and embarrassing. I think I can never face him properly again. I hope and wish and pray that he'll forget it in the morning but who am I kidding? Who will ever forget something like that? I turn and bury my face into the pillow, attempting to kill myself. I don't want to live anymore. Really.

 

(Min Ho)

That girl is killing me. Why? Why did that have to happen? How am I going to sleep? This is not my house or I'll be in the shower by now. I'll probably be in the shower several times. I really can't sleep. I can't even walk out to get water or something. She'll be the death of me, I swear. I turn my body so that I'm not facing upwards because if I am, someone else is too. That girl... That silly girl. She doesn't even know the effect she has on me. She'll be shocked if she does. I start counting sheeps in my head. It's not working. I start counting potatoes in my head. It's still not working. I know there's only one way to solve this problem. I think of Ae Ri and voilà, it works. Sorry Ae Ri, but this is exactly the kind of effect you have on me. Seeing her full cleavage because she pushed it in my face won't even cut it. No one will cut it for me except for her, that silly girl, just because it's her. 

 

(A/N: Don't hate on Min Jung! Every love story needs a little obstacles because that will strengthen the love! :> Also, what do you think of Krystal being Min Jung? hehe)