Oneshot

The Last Rilakkuma

The shopping district that Chanyeol frequented often with the Rilakkuma shop and the little cafe next door was his favorite place to go, for whatever reason at all. He was lonely and awkward as a child; much as he is now as a university student, save for the few friends he has; and after a particularly stressful day at school, he took his little legs outside for a walk, making his way down the sidewalk, head up, thoughts in the clouds. He didn’t know how long he had been walking, but before he knew it the mostly empty sidewalks had changed and filled with adults and children alike. He almost got knocked over by a lot of tall people and thought to himself that he hoped he could be as tall as them one day.

When he had finally decided to turn back, he ran head first into something soft and brown. He looked up, gaping at the large Rilakkuma just outside a store to his left. Rilakkuma was his favorite character and had been for as long as he could remember. His childlike eyes filled with utter delight, completely speechless before he turned and ran straight into the store. His eyes widened impossibly wide and he spun in circles to try and see everything, but with his short stature he still missed the wide variety of toys, trinkets, notebooks, anything that you could put the character and his friends on. He ran home at this point - no money means no Rilakkuma - and begged his mother to take him back, buy him anything, anything at all and he would be happy. Finally, she agreed, but he would have to wait until the weekend. He pouted, but agreed.

The weekend finally arrived and it took Chanyeol a very long time to decide on only a few things. His mom wouldn’t even get a cart!

“This is a Rilakkuma store mama! You have to have a cart or else you won’t be able to carry everything.” Little Chanyeol huffed, stomping his small foot on the ground.

His mother only giggled and his face teased, “You can only get one thing for now, now run along and choose before I decide to leave without you.”

Chanyeol pulled a face, somewhere between and pout and a smile and ran off.

  After much debate from the small child, he decided on a hooded Rilakkuma blanket, one of many items from the franchise he would procure over the course of his life.

 

Fully grown Chanyeol smiled, a full toothy smile, as he stepped foot into a store he had been in many times before. The only difference now was that he got his wish and he was tall enough to see almost one hundred percent of the merchandise in the store. The enthusiasm was still there, even at 19, and this showed as he bound up to the check-out counter.

“Auntie.” His surprisingly deep voice resonated excitedly, leaning on the counter and smiling a big twitchy smile.

  “Oh Chanyeol. That stuffed bear you wanted came in. It’s along the back wall. But -” Before she could finish what she was saying he was off, long legs taking long strides. He didn’t pay any mind to what she was going to say, focused on getting to the bear he’d been wanting forever (it was actually only a week, but Chanyeol is a bit of a drama queen when it comes to Rilakkuma).

  Upon making his way to the back of the store, Chanyeol cast a confused glance around, not seeing the large Rilakkuma he had came for. He prepared to turn around, about to accuse the old woman of teasing him again, but before he had the chance he saw something. The Last Rilakkuma. In the arms of a very, very pretty boy. A sound came out of his mouth that he wasn’t sure a human could even make and that wasn’t the only thing he was unsure of: did he make that noise because holy crap no he has the last Rilakkuma I want it or because oh my god he has the prettiest hair and the prettiest eyes and the prettiest hands and -

“Excuse me?” An amused voice called to him and Chanyeol stopped ogling the boy long enough to realize that oh my god he’s talking to him. “Did you want this?” He asked, waving the stuffed animal in front of himself mockingly, clearly knowing just what he was doing.

  Chanyeol wasn’t in his right mind enough to care that this beautiful stranger was teasing him only that everything about him was perfect. All the boy could do was nod, eyes wide and Adam’s apple bobbing as he gulped nervously. The Last Rilakkuma boy tilted his head to the side, ruffling his hair, and laughed.

“Sorry,” He said mockingly, drawing out the word. “It’s mine.” He sing-songed. He began walking away, but thought better of it and took out a small piece of paper and quickly wrote something on it and stuck it to Chanyeol’s moist bottom lip, because of course he still had not come to his senses and closed his mouth. “Call me.” This mysterious stranger flashed him a smile, coupled with a wink and a peace sign - good god his hands are pretty - and waved goodbye.

What just happened? Chanyeol asked himself, finally coming back to himself as the paper slipped off of his bottom lip. He looked down and face up was a series of numbers and a name: Baekhyun.

 

“Should I call him?” Chanyeol thought aloud. “No, no, I can’t do it.” He resigned with

frustration, kicking his legs in the air like a child.

    

Should I call him?” Chanyeol thought aloud again, not five seconds later. He shook his head violently and rolled around on his bed before stopping and staring at the wall with determination. “I’m calling him. For sure.”

He didn’t call him.

 

A week later, Chanyeol walked into the Rilakkuma store again, completely devoid of thoughts of this Baekhyun and his pretty hands and his gray hair and his bright eyes and - he’s not thinking about him, he’s just here for the Rilakkuma he didn’t get last time.

Actually, the real reason for him being there was that his roommate, Jongin, was tired of hearing him cry about this Baekhyun - whom he still hadn’t called - and how he took his Rilakkuma, so he kicked him out and told him to go buy the stupid doll - “He’s not a stupid doll, Jongin!” Chanyeol sniffed on his way out - and find this Baekhyun and just kiss him already.

So there he was, making his way to the back of the store again, hoping beyond hope that the large 22 inch bear was in stock and no beautiful boy was there to take it away from him again. Upon making it to the back wall, Chanyeol made a happy sound and grabbed one of the bears, hugging it to his chest and rubbing his face on it.

Laughter rang out somewhere behind him, vaguely familiar laughter and he spun around and there he was: Baekhyun. His eyes were crinkled into little eye smiles, his lips pulled up over pretty white teeth. He was even more breathtaking than Chanyeol remembered. Before Chanyeol could react, while he was still reeling over Baekhyun’s natural beauty, the boy swiped the Rilakkuma plushie right out of Chanyeol’s hands, holding it to his chest in a similar manner to how Chanyeol had a moment ago, and stuck his tiny bottom lip out in a pout, stealing whatever breath was left inside Chanyeol’s lungs.

“Why didn’t you call me?” Baekhyun asked with sad puppy eyes.

“Uhhhh,” Chanyeol said intelligently. It was really the only thing he could come up with, sadly.

Baekhyun’s pout turned into laughter again and he waved the Rilakkuma at Chanyeol, but when he reached for it, he pulled it away. Fortunately for Baekhyun, Chanyeol wasn’t smart enough to just turn around and grab another off the shelf and leave. Baekhyun tutted.

“No way. If you want it back you have to win it back.”

“Win it back?” Chanyeol asked eyebrows drawing together. “How?” He ventured.

“Rock, paper, scissors.” Baekhyun said gleefully.

“O-Okay.”

“Okay, here are the rules. If you win, you get this Rilakkuma,” Chanyeol smiles and nods as Baekhyun continues. “If I win, you have to call me.” And there goes Chanyeol’s smile. Now he’s really nervous, but he nods again with determination.

“Rock, paper, scissors, shoot!” Chanyeol is determined to win and throws out scissors and Baekhyun… throws out rock. Chanyeol’s face falls and he looks at Baekhyun and says, “Best two out of three?” Baekhyun grins.

 

Chanyeol sat on his bed is his room and thought about what happened with happiness and anxiety. He’d lost. So why is he happy? Before Baekhyun left the store, with the same wink-peace-sign-wave combination as before, he gave him the Rilakkuma back  and he still had a chance to call him.

 

1 week

The two boys had talked a few times over the course of the week and decided on a time for their date. Their date. Chanyeol still couldn’t believe it. A boy as attractive as Baekhyun actually wanted to go on a date with him. He wanted to cry.

Now here they were, at the movies on a Saturday for their first date. Chanyeol didn’t even know what they were there to see, he just knew he had a date with Baekhyun.

In the back on his mind, the part that wasn’t crying over Baekhyun 24/7, he heard the boy ask for two tickets and began to protest, moving Baekhyun out of the way and paying for the tickets, awkwardness gone for the moment.

Baekhyun gave Chanyeol a grumpy face and said,

“I’m not a girl, Chanyeol. You don’t have to buy everything for me.”

As they walked in, Chanyeol turned toward Baekhyun and smiled.

“I don’t think you’re a girl, Baekhyun. I just wanted to buy it for you. If you want, you can buy the soda and popcorn?”

“Sure, okay.” Baekhyun said with a bright smile.

Chanyeol nodded and he must have been staring too long because Baekhyun blushed - oh my god, so cute - and they walked to the counter to get their food and refreshments.

Everything was awkward. Painfully awkward. Now that Chanyeol wasn’t focused on being as gentlemanly as possible, he was back to being an awkward little boy. He wanted to be as close to Baekhyun as the movie theater seats would let him, but also as far away from Baekhyun as possible. Baekhyun’s beauty was very intimidating and very distracting. His hair was darker in the darkened theater, but still a pretty gray color that helped bring out the brown of his eyes, even more than before when he had the blue contacts in. Everything about Baekhyun was pretty or cute in some way; his slim body, his hair, his eyes, his little pink lips, but the part of him Chanyeol liked the most were his hands. His hands were slim and pretty, almost delicate, but not quite. They weren’t small, but they weren’t as big as Chanyeol’s hands and they looked strong. He wanted to hold them. Before he realized what he was doing, he was reaching out and touched the back of Baekhyun’s hand.

Baekhyun stopped saying whatever he was saying before and jerked his hand away from Chanyeol’s, blushing all the way to the top of his head.

“S-Sorry!” Chanyeol exclaimed, a little too loudly and the other patrons in the theater turned to look at them. This embarrassed the boys further and Baekhyun - with his usually endless chatter - didn’t say anything for the rest of the time they had until the movie started.

 

“He hates me!” Chanyeol moaned once he got back to his dorm room that night.

Jongin rolled his eyes at Chanyeol’s dramatics, turning away from his phone long enough to see the tall boy rolling around on his bed and pulling at his hair.

“Calm down. What happened?” Jongin asked.

“I don’t even know,” Chanyeol whined. “We were just sitting there and he was talking - you know I love it when he talks - and his hands are so pretty and I touched his hand and he jerked away from me and then he wouldn’t talk to me until after the movie was over. He hates me.” Chanyeol was now face down on his bed and kicking his feet against the mattress and trying to smother himself.

“You tried to hold his hand!?” Jongin gasped.

“No!” Chanyeol exclaimed, sitting up quickly face extremely red. “I just wanted to touch his hands because they’re so pretty.

Jongin gave him a look that said you’re-so-weird and went back to his phone.. Chanyeol went back to smothering himself.

 

2 months

Both the boys were busy with school and couldn’t get together that often for dates. They were comfortable with each other; at least, on the phone they were. Their most recent cafe date was a good representation of that. Baekhyun wasn’t as awkward as Chanyeol, but he was almost as shy. They talked to each other easily on the way, but they each blushed as red as tomatoes anytime they so much as knocked elbows.

The cafe the two were going to was one that Chanyeol chose, the one next to the Rilakkuma shop (the actual reason why they were there at that particular cafe was because Jongin worked there and he wanted to see this Baekhyun his friend was so head over heels for).

The bell above the door rang out when they entered and someone called out a greeting and it just so happened it was Jongin.

“Oh Chanyeol!” Jongin said grinning mischievously. “And who is this?”

“This is Baekhyun,” Chanyeol said rolling his eyes at his ridiculous roommate and friend. “Baekhyun, this is Jongin, my roommate.”

Baekhyun bowed and greeted Jongin with a bright smile.

“Oh and is Baekhyun your boyfriend?” Jongin asked, grinning evilly. Chanyeol’s eyes widened  and he clapped a hand over Jongin’s mouth.

“Shut up.” Chanyeol snarled and smiled nervously at Baekhyun who blushed and smiled politely at Jongin.

Chanyeol stood and scuffed his feet on the floor until Baekhyun suggested they sit. Chanyeol agreed and they followed Jongin to a table.

“You can just come up to the counter when you’re ready to order.” He said and left the two alone, but not without a knowing smirk at Chanyeol who hid his face behind his hand.

“Ah, my seat is cold.” Baekhyun whined. Chanyeol immediately got up from his chair.

“Let’s switch.” He said. Baekhyun smiled up at him with his cute little eye smile and agreed. After settling in Baekhyun looked at Chanyeol with a shy smile.

“Did you really tell your friend I was your boyfriend?”

“What? No, no! He was just messing with you. He does that.” Chanyeol said, chuckling nervously and looking anywhere but at Baekhyun. Unfortunately for Chanyeol, he missed the small look of disappointment on Baekhyun’s face - even if he’d seen it he probably wouldn’t have understood it, what a loser - before Baekhyun was smiling again and asking Chanyeol what he wanted and going up to the counter to tell Jongin what they wanted to order.

Chanyeol watched him go. It took him a little longer to order than he would have thought and Chanyeol looked again. Jongin was telling Baekhyun something and kept looking at Chanyeol. Baekhyun had an unreadable look on his face, but it quickly turned to a bright smile, much brighter than his usual smiles. He was bowing excitedly to Jongin, but Jongin was waving him away and Chanyeol turned around quickly as Baekhyun made his way back over to the table.

“What… what did Jongin say?”

“Nothing. So what are you majoring in Chanyeol?” Baekhyun asked, propping his head up in his hands and giving Chanyeol his full attention. Baekhyun smiled encouragingly as Chanyeol sputtered, but he finally regained his bearings.

“I’m majoring in architecture and minoring in music.”

“Oh! So am I! Well, I’m majoring in music. I really like singing.”

“Really? I want to hear you sing.” Chanyeol said pouting. After realizing what he said he blushed to the tips of his ears. He continued on anyway. “We should do a karaoke night sometime.”

“It’s a date.” Baekhyun smiled and the two of them gazed at each other before a tray being set on the table kicked them out of their little world.

“Here’s your food. Enjoy.”

     They thanked Jongin and he left with a nod. Before Baekhyun started eating, he took out his phone.

     “What are you doing?” Chanyeol asked with amusement.

     “I’m taking a picture of my food,” Baekhyun said, looking up to Chanyeol and back down at his phone to ensure he took a good picture.

“Hey. Come take a picture with me.” Baekhyun waved him over.

  “What - me?” Chanyeol asked flustered.

     “Yes you,” Baekhyun laughed. “Who else is here?”

     Chanyeol got out of his seat slowly and made his way to stand behind Baekhyun’s chair. While Baekhyun was trying to hold his phone at a good angle, Chanyeol was agonizing over how close he should get and where he should put his hands. His hands made their way to Baekhyun’s arms, but backed away and then made their way to his shoulders, but backed away again. He brought his hands to his face and drug his nails down lightly in frustration, letting out a small whimper.

“Something wrong?” Baekhyun turned and asked hearing the noise.

     “No! Nothing.” Chanyeol squeaked. He has just noticed how close their faces were to each other. He could almost count all of Baekhyun’s individual eyelashes, could feel the breath coming from his mouth on his own. Before he could stop himself, Chanyeol looked down at his small pink lips and breathed in, his heart beating rapidly. When he looked back up to Baekhyun’s eyes, he was looking at Chanyeol with pink cheeks. Chanyeol began an unconscious slow descent toward Baekhyun, eyeing his pink parted lips. He his bottom lip and pulled it into his mouth, hesitating. Baekhyun took this time to turn his head toward his phone and cleared his throat, cheeks pink.

“Ready?” He asked, voice slightly breathless.

“Uh, y-yeah, yeah.” Chanyeol said and let his hands settle on the back of Baekhyun’s chair. Baekhyun took the picture and Chanyeol sat back down.

They ate in silence for awhile before Baekhyun piped up again.

“Let’s play a game.”

“What kind of game?”

“Twenty questions. You start.”

Chanyeol sat for a moment, thinking about what to ask. It’s not like he didn’t have questions, he just had so many he wasn’t sure which one to ask first.

“Do you like cats?” He finally asks after much contemplation.

“No.”

Chanyeol gasps and puts a hand to his chest.

“Why? They’re so cute and fluffy and cuddly. I’m allergic to them though so I can’t have my own.” He says and pouts out his bottom lip. Baekhyun laughs.

“Let’s alternate questions. Me next! What is your favorite part of your body?”

“I like your hands.” Chanyeol replies and instantly flushes crimson. Baekhyun laughs loudly, throwing his head back and opening his mouth wide.

“You were supposed to say what you liked about you.” Baekhyun said, laughing even more.

Chanyeol blushed and sputtered and finally got out an answer.

“I mean, I like my hands, my hands.”

Baekhyun finally gathered himself enough to stop laughing and smiled softly at Chanyeol. The next thing he did may or may not have given Chanyeol a heart attack. He reached across the table, dancing his slim fingers over the back of Chanyeol’s hand and wrapped his fingers around it securely.

“I like your hands too.”

They held hands on the table for the rest of their date, even when Jongin came to collect their plates.

 

4 months

Chanyeol ruffled his hair for the fiftieth time that night, trying to get his hair to lay perfectly, but it just wasn’t happening. He had another date with Baekhyun tonight and he wanted to look good so he could impress him. He always wanted to impress Baekhyun, no matter what. They were only going to an amusement park that day, so his hair was going to get messed up anyway, but he still wanted to attract Baekhyun’s interest for as long as he could at the beginning of the day.

Chanyeol sighed, giving up and focusing on making sure there wasn’t any pizza residue from earlier left on his jeans or any deodorant on his black tank top. Satisfied with that, he made his way to his bed to lay down and wait for Baekhyun to get there. It’s not like he could mess his hair up any more than it already was.  He grabbed one the various Rilakkuma bears he had on his bed and brought it to his chest.

Over the past two months more that Chanyeol had known Baekhyun, they both had learned a lot about each other.

Baekhyun had been singing since a young age, participating in choir in school and going to music festivals. He also enjoyed dancing, but he didn’t have much confidence in it. He said he wasn’t very good, but Chanyeol can’t imagine Baekhyun being bad at anything. He got into singing just by listening to music a lot as a child and into his teens and his favorite group was Girls’ Generation. This surprised Chanyeol so much he let out a loud laugh, all teeth and twitchy eyes.

Baekhyun blushed and Chanyeol thought it was from embarrassment from him laughing at him, but then, when is Chanyeol ever right when it comes to the shorter boy?

“I really like your laugh.” Baekhyun had said. No one had ever told Chanyeol they liked his laugh; not his full, loud, body shaking laugh. Chanyeol didn’t stop smiling or laughing that day.

Baekhyun told him about his friend named Taemin who helps him with dancing when he has time and another friend named Junmyeon who used to go to school with him, but graduated and is now a trainee in the company that Baekhyun hopes to get into one day. Chanyeol really likes Junmyeon even though he’s never met him because he helps Baekhyun when he’s too nervous to sing in front of people during talent shows or other shows he does for clubs at school and he convinced him to keep singing even when he didn’t know why he was doing it. The Baekhyun Chanyeol knows now wouldn’t be the same if he’d given up his love for singing just because of some doubts and he’s really thankful to Junmyeon for that.

Baekhyun hasn’t eaten bacon since he was ten because kids used to call him bacon all the time because of his name and eating it only brings back uncomfortable memories of his awkward childhood days. Now Baekhyun prefers sausage when eating breakfast foods and likes his eggs fried so he can dip his toast in the soft egg yolk. This made Chanyeol happy because he thought he was the only one who did that.

The smaller boy had a habit of ruffling his hair no matter the circumstances; he does it when he’s nervous, when he’s happy, excited, worked up, basically all the time. Chanyeol thinks it’s cute (and he gets to look at his pretty hands in motion without looking like a weirdo). He has another habit of teasing Chanyeol; all the time. He teases him about his hair, his teeth, his voice, anything, but he doesn’t mind.

“He’s so cute.” Chanyeol sighed to the Rilakkuma doll he was holding, petting it’s head absentmindedly.

“Hey,” Chanyeol jumped and looked up at his open dorm door and saw Baekhyun standing there, legs clad in dark straight jeans and his pretty collarbones could be seen clearly because of his white v-neck. His arms were crossed across his chest and he had an amused smile on his face. “Are you cheating on me with a Rilakkuma?”

Chanyeol flushed red and threw the Rilakkuma away - he apologizes to it silently but Baekhyun - and jumps up from the bed.

“No, of course not! Wait, what? Cheating?” He stammered and Baekhyun smiled even wider.

“I’m just kidding. It’d be pretty sad if my boyfriend cheated on me with a stuffed animal.”

Chanyeol’s eyes widened and he sputtered, “B-Boyfriend?”

Baekhyun just giggled - oh my god he’s my boyfriend? - and beckoned to him.

“Let’s get going. We don’t want to have to wait in line forever for the new rollercoaster that just opened, do we?”

Chanyeol shook his head no and made his way to the door with a wave to Jongin - who was silently gagging the entire time this happened - and left with his new boyfriend.

 

7 months

When Chanyeol said he wanted to hear Baekhyun sing, he wasn’t really talking about what was going on right now. Chanyeol imagined him covering a soft song, a ballad from a group who does ballads really well like SHINee, but… that’s not quite what happened.

Baekhyun had the microphone held tightly in one hand and was dancing to the choreography of Genie by Girls’ Generation, singing extremely high and off key and trying really hard to get Chanyeol to join him.  Chanyeol denied and only sat watching him and thinking that Baekhyun could move his hips really well. By the end of the song, Baekhyun was a little out of breath from singing so loud and dancing at the same time, but he managed to turn and give Chanyeol a wink and blow him a kiss. Chanyeol tried not to cry because of all of his Baekhyun feels.

By the third song Baekhyun had convinced Chanyeol to join him and by the tenth song, Chanyeol was so hungry - when wasn’t he? - and thirsty and he wanted to leave.

“Just one more song.” Baekhyun promised, with a sly smile on his face. Chanyeol was a little suspicious, but waited for him to choose the song. When the song started playing all Chanyeol could think was: I should have left when I had the chance.

“Hey let me introduce myself!

Here comes trouble!”

As he sang this, he pulled Chanyeol up and handed him the second microphone. It took Chanyeol a little bit to get comfortable enough to join in and even longer to start dancing. It was really fun and not at all awkward until it got to the part of the song where it got it’s name.

I got a boy, a handsome one! I got a boy, a kind one!

I got a boy handsome boy, who took all my heart!

I got a boy, a handsome one! I got a boy, a kind one!

I got a boy awesome boy, I must have really fallen for him!”

Baekhyun was looking up at him at this point and there wasn’t just happiness because he was having fun, but happiness from being together with Chanyeol. They both realized at around the same time what it was exactly they had both just sang and therefore admitted to each other. They both blushed, but didn’t look away from each other. Baekhyun smiled a small, soft smile and set his microphone down before slowly reaching up, touching Chanyeol’s face softly with both hands. Chanyeol gulps nervously, his microphone dropping silently to the carpeted floor. His own hands went instinctively to Baekhyun’s waist and he leaned into the soft caress.

“Close your eyes.” Baekhyun whispered lowering his own lids and leaning up - he probably had to get on his tiptoes some, what a cutie - before pressing his lips softly to Chanyeol’s in the sweetest kiss Chanyeol had ever experienced ever. Chanyeol wasn’t the most experienced kisser - he’d only kissed his mom, but don’t tell anyone - but he knew now that he wanted to kiss Baekhyun, only Baekhyun, for the rest of his life.

After a short while, Baekhyun began pulling away, but Chanyeol followed, planting another soft kiss on his lips, and another, and another. Baekhyun just grinned and laughed, pushing him away.

“You’re cute.” Baekhyun laughed and booped him on the nose. “Let’s go.”

 

9 months

“Did you see Jongin’s face when Kyungsoo hit him with that baseball?” Baekhyun laughed loudly, clutching onto Chanyeol’s arm as they walked. “It was classic!”

Chanyeol nodded, laughing right along with him. They’d had a sort of double date, that was really only a date one way. The last time Baekhyun had come to their dorm to get Chanyeol for another day out, he had brought his friend Kyungsoo and Jongin was immediately infatuated with him. That night when Chanyeol came home he asked him all sorts of questions - “Does he wear socks?” “Of course he wears socks Jongin, who doesn’t?” “I don’t! I don’t like socks!” “Well you’re weird” - and he wouldn’t stop talking about how big his eyes were and how little he was and - Jongin shut up. Kyungsoo wasn’t too impressed with him today and this made Chanyeol sad for his friend, but Baekhyun assured him that Kyungsoo was kind of a tsundere and was actually really - really - interested in Jongin.

The two made it to Chanyeol’s door, alone - Jongin had convinced Kyungsoo to stay out just a bit longer - and Baekhyun stopped looking up at Chanyeol and smiling, hugging him snugly.

“I had a really good time today.” Baekhyun said when he pulled out of the hug. He smiled happily up at Chanyeol and hummed cutely, closing his eyes when Chanyeol brushed some of his hair out of his eyes.

He had dyed it back to its natural black hair color a little while ago, but Chanyeol didn’t mind, he was still beautiful all the same.  Baekhyun started nuzzling his hand and Chanyeol’s stomach clenched pleasantly at the sight. He took both hands and put them on Baekhyun’s face and Baekhyun smiled, thinking he was going to get a kiss, but that wasn’t quite what Chanyeol had in mind.

“You’re so cute.” Chanyeol said, smooshing Baekhyun’s face between his hands and shaking it a little.

“Ah, Yeol stop.” Baekhyun whined. He tried to reach up and do the same to Chanyeol, but he was held too far away.

“Stop it, you punk.” Baekhyun snarled, but Chanyeol only laughed. Baekhyun always looked like a little puppy, especially when he was mad. Chanyeol rained little kisses all over Baekhyun, letting go of his face and holding his body tightly to his own.

Chanyeol’s teasing finally ceased, but their laughter never did.

“I love you.” Chanyeol whispered next to Baekhyun’s ear. He could feel his grin and Baekhyun sighed.

“I love you.

 

1 year

“Chanyeol, get up and eat breakfast. We need to be at the airport at two and it’s already ten.”

Chanyeol whined and put a pillow over his head.

“Baek, that’s four hours away.”

“We need to be there early,” Baekhyun’s voice came again. “Now get up.” He repeated and smacked him in the with a pillow.

Chanyeol grumbled, but finally uncovered himself and got up, making his way to their shared kitchen.

“Yeol, did you remember to pack your extra toothbrush?” Baekhyun called to him.

“No.” Chanyeol replied simply, still only half-awake and stumbling.

He heard Baekhyun sigh, but he heard the smile in his voice when he said something to himself about Chanyeol being a forgetful goofball.

Chanyeol sat down at the table in the kitchen, eating his favorite breakfast of toast, eggs, and sausage (it was only his favorite because Baekhyun made it). Today was their one year anniversary and Baekhyun had insisted they go on a mini vacation to celebrate. When Jongin found out (via Kyungsoo whom had finally come around) he took it completely out of proportion.

“Why didn’t you tell me you were getting married!?” Jongin screeched at Chanyeol one night.

“What? Married? Married to who?”

“Baekhyun of course! Kyungsoo’s just told me you’re going somewhere next week!”

“Yeah, for vacation. Our one year anniversary is next week.”

“Oh.” Is all Jongin said and all Chanyeol could think was: what an idiot.

Chanyeol blushed and smiled at the thought of marrying Baekhyun. They’d only been together for a short time, but Chanyeol genuinely believed he wanted to spend as much time with Baekhyun as humanly possible. It wasn’t necessary to get married in order to do that, but the idea of calling Baekhyun; beautiful, talented, small, little baby Baekhyun; his husband just gave Chanyeol this weird feeling in his stomach and made him want to cry a little - he still hadn’t gotten over his Baekhyun feels and he didn’t think he ever would. He hoped that they could spend the weekend at the beach enjoying each other, with no interruptions from noisy roommates.

Finishing his breakfast, Chanyeol put his plate and silverware in the sink before making his way back to his and Baekhyun’s room. When he got to the door, he saw Baekhyun take a Rilakkuma and put it into Chanyeol’s suitcase. He was confused for a moment, but then he realized just what Rilakkuma it was. It was the Rilakkuma, The Last Rilakkuma. Chanyeol smiled and wiggled at how cute his boyfriend was. Even though Chanyeol had bought his own a week after the incident and Baekhyun didn’t need to give that one to him, that Rilakkuma had a special place in both of their hearts because it is what brought the two of them together.

Finally Chanyeol opened the door surprising Baekhyun, who flushed red at being caught.

     “You didn’t leave it ped so he could breathe!” Chanyeol exclaimed, reaching down and ping the suitcase a little.

     Baekhyun laughed and smiled.

     He was so lucky to have such a cute giant as a boyfriend.

 

the end