Cooking 101

Say you love me

 

 

 “You owe me something... I’m here to get it…”

“Huh? I owe you what?” And then my much exaggerated mind worked again. “Whoh!” With a shocked face,I crossed my arms in my chest. Kiseop stared at me curiously.

“What are you thinking?” Then he smirked. “Hey, it’s not what you think. The treat, remember?”

I can feel all my blood rising up in my cheeks. I’m totally obvious when I blush.

“Ayshh… This is embarrassing.” I whispered to myself.

“You’re saying something?” He stared at me.

“A… anio! It’s nothing. Forget it.”

“Haha, you’re face is turning red Yesha.”

I know.  Before he realized that I wanted to melt right in front of him, I changed the topic.

“S- so, how can I treat you? It’s late in the evening.”

He grabbed my hand and stood as if his back didn’t hurt. He led me to the kitchen.

“Hey, are you okay now?” I touched his back and he moved.”Oh! Sorry.”

“It’s okay…  We still have to celebrate something.” He smiled charmingly.

“Celebrate?”

Then my golden retriever came towards Kiseop, paddling his tail. Kiseop patted his head like he used to do with Kisha. Yup. That’s my dog’s name. Ever tried naming a pet with a combination of two names? That’s the logic behind Kisha’s name. Kiseop thinks it’s a very childish idea but that time I won over him. Then I remembered something.

“Oh! It’s Kisha’s birthday! How come I forgot it?” I knelt next to Kisha. “ Hey baby, happy birthday.” Then he my hands. “Yah,yah, enough. Hahaha.” His fur was tickling me. Kiseop was staring at me with a smile in his face. I looked and smiled back at him. Kisha ran towards the living area, leaving Kiseop and I at the kitchen. Then he said what I will do since I owe him something for today.

“What?! I’ll be your slave for tonight?”

“Hey, look what you’ve done at my back, and you forgot—“

“Okay, okay boss Kiseop. What can I do for you?” I bowed and acted as a real servant to a prince.

 Kiseop asked me to cook for our food as his servant. He left me in the kitchen as he tossed the apron to me.

“But Kiseop! You know cooking doesn’t love me .At all.”I pouted my lips.

“You can do that.” He shouted from the living area. He prepared for our movie marathon later.

“Ayshh. Hey! Don’t blame me if I burned all the foods!”

I just heard him laugh.

I decided to cook popcorn and ramen, since they say it’s easy to cook. But I felt like experimenting in a chemical lab that I might burn the whole kitchen anytime. I tried to chop some chicken flakes for the ramen. Then my clumsiness activated again.

“Ouch!” I saw drops of blood in my pointed finger.

Kiseop appeared in the kitchen. “Hey, what happened? Let me see.” He tried to grab my hands but I refused to give it.

“I’m alright. It’s just a small cut.” I know it’s not a small cut but I tried to hide the pain in front of Kiseop.

“Let me see.” He forced to check my hand and there was nothing I could do.

“Is this a small cut for you?” More drops of blood were flowing from the cut in my finger.

Then he put my finger in his lips. “Yah! What are you doing?” I retrieved my hand. Why is my heart beating fast?

“I’m just preventing the blood from flowing.” I can feel concern in his voice.

“It’s nothing. I’ll just treat this with a band aid. I’m alright okay?” I tried to smile.

“Are you sure?”

“Yes boss!” I saluted at him.

“I’ll just help you in cooking. You should be my servant but it turned out I’m your servant now.”

 “And your cook.” He added. I just laughed at him.

 I went in my bedroom and treated my wound with a band aid. I immediately went back to the kitchen and a smell of delicious ramen overflowed in the whole kitchen. I watched Kiseop as he was tossing popcorn while he waited for the ramen to be fully cooked.

“Mmmm! It smells so good… “

And he looks cute with the apron and how he managed everything in the kitchen. I silently watched him. And he must’ve noticed it.

“Why are you staring at me?” His voice interrupted my subconscious thinking.

“Oh! I- It’s nothing. I’m just amazed how my best friend cooks well.” I smiled sweetly. “You know what? If I’ll get married, I’ll choose someone who can cook…” Subconscious talking once again.

                “No problem, I can.” He winked.

                “Huh? Yeah right Kiseop.” I just laughed it off.

“Am I not good enough?”

Of course you are, I wanted to say, but I refused to.

“Yah, let me guess. I know you also cook for other girls.” I as I played  with an apple in my hand.

“I only cooked for two ladies. My mother… and you.”

“Really?”

“That’s why you’re lucky to have me.” He smiled at me.

 I don’t know if he’s serious or not. I don’t think Kiseop mean what he said. It’s hard to give meaning with his words, because I might misinterpret what he says to me. We’re best friends that’s why he treats me like this. And I should not give any meaning with his actions.  But why does it bother me? I shook my head before I come up with a scenario I’m afraid to face. Could it be really possible that I’m starting to fall in love with my best friend?

“Are you alright?” He asked, enough for my crazy thinking to be interrupted.

“Of course I am.” I just smiled. “Hey, let me help you.”

“Are you sure?”

“Hey! Don’t worry, I’ll just prepare the foods in plate.” I looked at him.

“Okay.” He smiled back at me.

I can’t exactly describe what I feel right now. All I know is that I have an awesome (and handsome) best friend. And I’m happy when I’m with him. That’s enough for me.

------------------

Sorry if it's too short,but thanks for reading :D