——

Coming out of the closet. ( EDITED )


The two boys rang the bell to Baekhyun’s house, taking a deep breath to calm their hearts that were beating faster than ever and soon Baekhyun's mother opened the door with a wide smile. “Oh, boys!” Mrs. Byun laughed. “Come in!” She said cheerfully as she opened the door wider and let them inside of the house. “The dinner will be ready in five minutes, go and sit down first.” They both nodded before she rushed towards the kitchen.

“Nope.” Baekhyun pressed his lips together into a thin line, looked at Chanyeol and shook his head. “I refuse.” He said and grabbed the doorknob.

“Too late.” Chanyeol grabbed his arm and pulled him back by his side. “We said that we’re going to do this. It’s time.” Chanyeol looked at him seriously; a little bit disappointed that Baekhyun had doubts. “Didn’t you say you want us to finally hold hands without being scared that they’d see?” He asked, brushing his thumb over Baekhyun’s hand.

Baekhyun bit his bottom lip and looked down at their hands. He gulped. “You’re right.” He nodded and looked up at the taller one. “I want that.” He assured Chanyeol by stepping closer to him and giving him a quick peck on the cheek. But when the sound of loud footsteps reached his ears, he literally jumped a meter away.

Chanyeol sighed. But automatically, his eyes brightened and a fake smile appeared on his face when he saw Baekhyun’s father. “How have you been, sir?” he kindly asked and bowed.

“Oh, Chanyeol-ah.” Mr. Byun smiled and walked closer to them. “It’s been a while since you visited, did something happen to you?” He asked worriedly.

Yes, Baekhyun said that you’d notice the couple rings we’re wearing. “No, not at all. I’ve just been busy.” He lied and glanced at Baekhyun who kept abusing his lower lip.

“Come on, dad…” Baekhyun cackled. “Let’s go sit down.” He placed his hands on both Chanyeol’s and his dad’s backs, pushing them towards the dining room. “I got an A on my test, by the way.” He boasted as they all sat down at the big table.

“Really?” His father grinned and raised his brows in surprise. “That’s great news.” He said.

Chanyeol couldn’t help snickering. This was nothing compared to the news that he’ll get later.

“Okay,” suddenly their all heads turned to the door. “Will someone help me with the plates or do I have to do it by myself?” Mrs. Byun smiled, crossing her arms over her chest.

“I’ll help you.” Baekhyun’s dad said.

“Oh, god…” Baekhyun whispered as his parents left. “Chanyeol, I don’t think I can do this.” Chanyeol’s eyes widened as he was sure that Baekhyun is having his first panic attack. “What if they will be ashamed of me?” Baekhyun cried out as he grabbed a hold of Chanyeol’s shirt and started pulling it down.

“Calm your , Baekkie.” Chanyeol said. “Everything is going to be fine.” He said and pried Baekhyun’s hands off his shirt.

“Yeah, my parents are not your parents, Yeol.” Baekhyun mumbled.

“Yeah, you’re right about that.” Chanyeol laughed quietly.

Two weeks ago.

“Mom, dad… I’m gay and I love Baekhyun.”

“I knew it!” Chanyeol’s mom clapped her hands once as she sprung up from the chair with a grin. “You owe me five bucks!” She laughed, pointing her index finger at her husband who was already digging for the money in his wallet.

“Well, this is just great…” Chanyeol’s dad sighed as he gave the money to his wife. “I’m out of five bucks and my son is gay.” He said throwing his arms in the air while Mrs. Park danced happily around the kitchen.

“Mr. Park, I—“

“But you know, I’m glad that you’re my son-in-law, Baekhyun.” Mr. Park suddenly smiled and then looked at his son. “Not that Kris guy… He’s so…weird. You know?”

“Oh, I know…” Chanyeol smiled widely as he wrapped his arm around Baekhyun’s shoulder and brought him closer. “I know well.” He whispered, laughing when he noticed the crimson color on Baekhyun’s cheeks.

Now.

“I hope you’ll like my spaghetti!” Mrs. Byun said with a smile as she entered the room, two plates in both of her hands and her husband trailing behind her.

“Overcooked, she means.” Mr. Park whispered to Baekhyun and Chanyeol, making them snicker while he placed their plates in front of them.

“This is perfect, Mrs. Byun.” Chanyeol smiled before glancing at his still nervous boyfriend. “Everything is perfect. Right, Baekkie?” Chanyeol asked, meaningful tone masking his words as Baekhyun nodded.

“Yes.” He said in a small voice.

“Actually, Mr. and Mrs. Byun… Everything has been perfect ever since I met your so—“

“Oh my god, mom! This is sooooo good!” Baekhyun suddenly interrupted Chanyeol’s speech as he mouthed the spaghetti his mother cooked. “I didn’t expect this!” He said, faking a smile.

“M, okay. Fine then…” Chanyeol rolled his eyes and sat more comfortably before tasting the food. “Yeah, this is good.” He said more coldly than ever and Mrs. Byun’s brows furrowed for a moment, but then she just shrugged it off and they all started eating.

Baekhyun worriedly smiled at Chanyeol as he placed his hand on his thigh. “You okay?” he mouthed for Chanyeol who smiled back and then leaned in his ear to whisper something that only he would hear.

“Let’s tell them some other time.” And before Baekhyun could react, he added. “You’re clearly not ready to let them know about us.” He leaned back before continuing to eat.

“Chan—“

“Eat, Baekhyun-ah… The food will get cold.” His mother scolded him and he gulped.

“Yes, mom.”
 



After ten minutes of silence, Mr. Byun decided to speak up. He turned to his wife. “Did you hear that Baekhyun got an A on his test?”

“Oh, really?” she gulped down the food and wiped her lips with a tissue. “That’s great, you’re so smart.” She said proudly, but then the already well-known smirk for Baekhyun was plastered on her lips. “Do you know who’s also smart?”

“No, mother… I already told y—“

“That girl, Taeyeon.” Mrs. Byun interrupted with a smile and Baekhyun could swear that he heard how Chanyeol growled next to him.

Getting Baekhyun together with Taeyeon was Mrs. Byun’s dream since the two met – Chanyeol knew that. Whenever they all have dinner she talks about that girl and the fact that Mrs. Byun likes her that much drives him crazy. He’s getting more and more insecure, especially after that time when Baekhyun told him that his mother talks about her not just when they have dinner, but almost every minute when he’s with her.

If you like her that much, why don’t you date her?; Chanyeol wondered grumpily, stabbing his food with a fork.

“You know, Taeyeon decided to be a doctor… Isn’t that wonderful?” Baekhyun’s mom asked, her eyes sparkling.

Baekhyun groaned loudly. “Mom…” he whined. “Will you stop talking about her? I literally lost my appetite because of you!” 

His mother snorted. “Don’t be ridiculous.” She said. “You probably lost your appetite because of all the fast food you’re eating.” Mrs. Byun shook her head. “Chanyeol, you should not let him eat hamburgers and drink sodas all the time.” She scolded.

“He doesn’t—“
 
“Yes, ma’am.” Chanyeol cut Baekhyun off, bowed his head, and tightened his grip around the fork.  Just wait; he told himself. For Baekhyun’s sake, just wait; he repeated.

“And besides, I’m just making a conversation, don’t tell me that you don’t like Taeyeon, okay? I saw how you look at her!” Heart stabbed, self-esteem lowered. Chanyeol grunted under his breath.

 Baekhyun quickly turned to his boyfriend who was already looking at him with round eyes full of hurt. “That’s not true!” He exclaimed, still looking at Chanyeol. “I swear…” He whispered.

“Oh, come on… You’re just scared that she doesn’t like you back…” Mrs. Byun rolled her eyes. “But she does.” She smiled sweetly, but all Baekhyun wanted to do was rip that smile off her face and scream until unconsciousness. “I asked her about you a few days ago. She’s so cute and adorable when she talks about you, Baekhyun. She said she’d liked to meet you again.”

“Damn it, woman…” Baekhyun’s dad got bored of sitting silent and snapped. “Stop pushing Baekhyun to that girl.” He said sternly.

Baekhyun’s mom blinked innocently before she looked away. “I just thought that Taeyeon would be a perfect daughter-in-law… That’s it.” She said quietly.

Chanyeol’s blood boiled. “No!” He hit his fork on the table. Everyone turned to him in shock as he stood up. Baekhyun gulped and gripped onto his shirt, trying to sit him back down. “Listen, ma’am…” Chanyeol breathed out. “Baekhyun and I—“

“Chanyeol!” Baekhyun hissed through gritted teeth.

Chanyeol placed his index finger on Baekhyun’s thin lips and continued. “Okay. I was totally okay with hiding everything. I was okay with you talking about that girl. I was even okay with the fact that Baekhyun went on a date with her! But I won’t sit still while you’re already planning their wedding!” Chanyeol shouted.

Baekhyun sighed and hung his head low. They have to know; he told himself and pulled his soulless body up to stand next to Chanyeol. The latter blinked in surprise.

“What is going on?” Baekhyun’s mom asked, her brows furrowed while she watched the scene in front of me.

“Shush.” Her husband smiled and turned to the boys. “Go on.” He said.

“Okay, I’ll tell you what’s going on.” Chanyeol nodded and then grabbed Baekhyun’s hand, bringing it above his boyfriend’s head as he grinned. “This is going on. We are.” He said proudly.

“I don’t get it—“

“We’re dating!” Chanyeol exclaimed, tired of waiting for the information to sink in.

Baekhyun bit his lower lip when his mother turned to look at him. “Mom, I’m dating Chanyeol.” He said shamelessly. “We’re in love.”

“I—What? How can you—no, that’s impossible… You’re—You’re boys. Boys don’t date boys.”

“These days, they do.” Chanyeol said.

Mrs. Byun’s hands started trembling. Tears brimmed in the corners of her eyes as she spoke, “You’re just confused… You’re young and you think you know, but you don’t… This will be over in a week or—“

“We have been dating for two years now.” Baekhyun cut her off .

Chanyeol turned to his boyfriend and grinned – he wasn’t so proud of him in a long time. He squeezed Baekhyun’s hand tightly and received a nice squeeze back. When Baekhyun’s eyes locked with his, his hear skipped a beat.

“Stop it!” Baekhyun’s mom stood up as she slammed her shaky fist on the table, hating the way they help hands and looked at each other as if it’s a sin. She glared at Chanyeol before pointing her finger at them. “You’re not dating and you won’t ever be!” Her eyes threw daggers at the taller. “You! What did you do to my son?!” She shrieked while crying. “What kind of did you put into his head—“

“Mom!” Baekhyun shouted. “I love him!” Saying that never felt so good. “I love him and I don’t give a flying fart if you’re going to support us anymore!”

His mother gasped, hurt written over her eyes. “My-my son…” She shuttered. “I won’t have grandchildren!” She bawled before she pushed her chair away and stomped out of the room, crying and repeating things like “No grandma.” “No daughter-in-law.” “Gay.”

Baekhyun sighed. “Well?” He raised his brows, trying hard not to tremble as his father stood up and walked up to him. “Aren’t you going to say anything?” he asked. “Do you maybe want to punch me? I heard a lot of parents do that when their kids tell them they are faggots.” He didn’t wait even for a second to wipe the tears away.

“Baekkie-“

“Don’t mind her, son.” Mr. Byun stood up, cutting off Chanyeol. “She will get over this in a couple of days.” He said and patted Baekhyun’s shoulder while smiling.

“Are you… okay with this?” Chanyeol asked and gulped when the elder looked at him.

“I was okay a long time ago.” Mr. Byun replied and the couple’s eyes widened. “Yeah! That’s right. I knew.” He smirked. “Next time you decide to cuddle on the couch, make sure that the house is empty, idiots.” He jokingly smacked their heads together.

“D-dad.” Baekhyun cried out as he hugged his father tightly. “Thank you.” He said and his father laughed while patting his back.

“Okay, okay now…” Mr. Byun pulled away and smiled again. “I’m going to see your mom. You both, go to your room and wait for me until I come to talk to you.” He said. “And while I’m gone, no funny business.”

Chanyeol snickered. “We’ll try.”
 



Watching Mr. Byun walk out of the room, Chanyeol pulled Baekhyun into his embrace, kissing the side of his head. “See? That wasn’t so bad.” Chanyeol laughed. “I think it went great and—“

“You know I love you, right?” Baekhyun asked as he hugged Chanyeol tightly and looked up.

“Of course I do.”

“And you will stay with me, no matter what?” Baekhyun asked raising his brows.

Chanyeol chuckled, kissing his forehead. “No doubt.”
 



“So?” Chanyeol raised his brows when Baekhyun entered the bedroom. “How is it?”

“Nothing good.” Baekhyun replied with a gloomy expression as he hopped on his bed and lied next to Chanyeol. “Dad is explaining to her how my happiness is the more important than her fantasies about my future. And mom is still yelling and crying that she wants to have grandchildren.”
 
“It’s going to be okay.” Chanyeol said. “You have me and I have you, it’s all that matters, right?” he asked as he pulled Baekhyun into a hug.

“Well, my mother actually still matters to me, Chanyeol.” Baekhyun said, rolling his eyes before he nuzzled his nose into the crook of his boyfriend’s neck. “But maybe if you’d kiss me a  little I could forget about her for a moment.” He then grinned and looked up.

Chanyeol returned the smile. “My pleasure.” He whispered and cradled Baekhyun’s face in his hands. “Tell me when to stop.”

“Never.” Baekhyun quickly replied and Chanyeol’s lips soon landed on his. Baekhyun’s hand went behind Chanyeol’s neck as he pulled him into a deeper kiss, making the latter smirk.

The kiss was so chaste yet still passionate and as much as they both didn’t want to stop, they had when they heard Baekhyun’s dad scream,

“Damn it, woman! WHO CARES IF HE LIKES IT UP THE ??!”
 



Thank you for reading! Subscribe and comment! ^^