Final

Fallen

 

                                                                      Fated Since the Beginning


 

1884

The man stood by the large window of his room, crossing his arms. It is raining and he loves when it rained. The smell of the rain. The sound of rain dropped on the ground. He loves everything about it. And mostly it was because of one certain lady. Im Yoona.

It was predicted that it would rain on that very day, and it did and was accompanied by wild wind. As he was walking home, out of the blue, an umbrella flew toward him. Vulgar words came out his mouth like machine gun.

"I'm sorry but- um, that's mine." A girl interrupted her, wearing a polite smile. The moment, he laid his eyes on her, he was awed. She was- indescribable. He didn't know how to put it, like, she was the most beautiful he ever laid his eyes on. 

Oh, memories. 

He observes the view beneath him( he's on third floor). Sneakily, a pair of arms wrapped around his waist. He smiles, knowing who it was. He inhales her scent. It was distinctive sweet, woody, and evergreenish smell that is easily recognizable.

"Why aren't you in bed yet?" He asks her, concern laced in his voice. 

"I'm not sleepy and I saw your light is still on. So, I came." She murmurs in his back. Finally she let go of him, her eyes roamed around the room and fell on two suitcases sprawled on the floor. She gulps,"You-you're leaving?" Luhan turned his gaze away, refused seeing her love's dejected face. I have my reasons,Yoon.

"You can't leave me, Luhan!" Yoona said, cupping his man's cheek, looking at him in the eyes. "I'm sorry..."

Moonlight poured on her, she looks like an angel. Hard to resist. He scans her face, her sorrow-filled eyes. Her red nose, probably from holding her tears. His eyes moved to her lips. Those kissable lips....

He leans in, closing the gap between them. Yoona had her eyes closed. Chest to chest, nose to nose, lips to lips. The kiss was sweet and- believe it or not- it was very innocent. It was like they are in their own world. Just them. Carefree.  He believed he was the happiest man alive. But oh boy, was he wrong. 

Black smoke entered the room, dangerously surrounding the couple. The moment she opened her eyes, it went as round as a golf ball. She shrieked in horror. Soon, she was engulfed in the world of darkness. He fell on his knees. He had expected this to happen. He knew this is going to happen. 

The day she left him without no trace. 

 


 

Present

The guy was leaning against the old wall with his arms crossed his chest. He wore a black sweater and paired it with a black skinny jeans. He had no choice but to follow the dresscode rules; all-black. He fumbled his dog tag necklace out of boredom as he scans the crowd of new students. Until his eyes fall onto a certain girl. He recognizes immediately.

Luhan wiped his eyes roughly, wondering if it was somekind of optical illusion or something was in his eyes. Nope. She is still there. The girl is still there.

He took in her deep golden long hair. His eyes ran over her high cheekbones, her deep brown eyes and her luscious pink lips. The last time he met her was in 1987. That was a long long time ago and she is as beautiful as she used to be. 

She looked at him. Their eyes locked.Electricity shots in his body. The feeling is still there too. He wonders if Yoona feels the same. Yoona turns her gaze away. A tiny bit of disappointment ran in him. 

The attendant's voice echoed through the hall, Luhan gives the attendant his whole attention,"Okay listen up. I'll give you a briefing of this school and we can move on to the rules-" Everything else was all blurry. The next thing  he knew, he was staring Im Yoona, the girl he longs for since- forever.

 

Yoona didn't know why she stole glances at him. For Pete's sake. He's not even manly. Pretty, yes.Her eyes go through every inch of him, every strand of his lilac hair. His sapphire blue orbs. It was mesmerizing. For a moment, Yoona had forget to breathe.

A soft nudge interrupted her,"He's attracted someone's attention." the voice said, teasingly.

Yoona turns and chuckled, she must have looked like a dumb lost puppy,"That was an understatement." The boy is slightly taller than her with hazel green eyes and hair,multicoloured streaks. This boy totally go for it didn't he?

"He's Luhan." 

"What about him?" Yoona asked, kind of interested since he have this kind of unapproachable vibe.

"Um, well. There's nothing much revolve around him. Just your typical mystery man. Complex and unsolvable." he said. Yoona nodded in understanding. She glanced back at Luhan before focusing on Riley, the attendant's speech. Apparently he's the one incharge of the dormitories and stuff. 

"The rules are simple, follow the dresscode; black clothing is a must. Here, we don't tolerate tardiness and lastly the reds." he pointed at the corner of the ceiling. There are even cctvs around them, she thought.

"We will be watching you. Behave yourselves. That will be it. All types of electronic devices will be confiscate and you will get one phone call, a month." 

Yoona let out a deep sigh. One phone call a month? How can she live with that? 

"Ooooh, the reds are watching you!" Rainbow guy said in teasing manner. The red hair smacked him on the head,"Shut up,Sehun." 

"Ow..." Sehun whines as he rubs his head.

Yoona raises her eyebrows, they're weird.. She looks at the banner hanging on the wall,'Welcome to SM High!' riiiight. More like SM Hell, she scoffed.

"Hi, I'm Tao." He offered her a handshake sides with a dangerously attractive smirk,"I'm Sehun and a little devil told me that we'll be good buddies." He said, grinning wickedly. 

 

Officially, she is bored. She was done unpacking her stuff in her room, which she shared with Sehun and Tao,so that's what he means with being good buddies. Sneaky little thing he is. She went out for some air. Now, she had nowhere to go. Great, just great. She wondered, how did she end up at SM High in the first place which is in middle of nowhere.On top of that, surrounded by mountains and hills and thick forrest. 

Oh yeah, because her parents thought she was mentally disturbed. The doctor said she is diagnosed with schizophrenia. But no. All of that are bunch of crap, for all only she knows the truth.

The campus was divided into four sections; east, west, south and west. Just like a compass. Dormitories are in west and classes, cafeteria and teachers lounge are in other three sections. She walks aimlessly until she reaches the garden, she walks down the path. She sees different sorts of statues and fallen angel is one of them. Exquisite. She can't believe how detailed it was. Almost real. She was about to touch it when a voice interrupts her. 

"It's beautiful isn't it?"

His sapphire blue eyes penetrate through her. Her heart beats in unruly manner. If looks can kill, she would be dead in a blink of an eye,"Yes, it is." 

"It was pitiful," Yoona's ears perked up in curiousity, Luhan made himself comfortable on the base of the statue, Luhan continues not breaking eye-contact,"Fallen angels- they just wanted to love and to be loved. Instead, they were casted out of heaven and labelled as sinners."

"They are sinners. Angels are supposed to submit themselves to God and to him only. Therefore, falling in love with other creature is forbidden." Yoona said calmly, crossing her arms in the process.

He chuckles and how melodious it sound in her ears. For a split second, she saw a flash of herself wrapped in those arms,both of them looked- happy? She shook her head, clearing all those images from her brain. That was crazy. Sure this place is full of crazies but this is insane

"I beg to differ. Love- it makes us blind. As cliche as it sound. You don't care the consequences of being in love with other creature, as long as the feeling is there. The warm, comfortable feeling where you're just completely satisfied with life and you don't have a care in the world. Don't you think we all deserve that?" He asks, the smile lingers on his face. 

Yoona's lips dried, she was too stunned to reply further.  An arm reaches out to pat her head,"Dinner in 30 minutes." was the last thing he said before he stalked off to the cafeteria. 

She looks around her surrounding. This isn't a garden. It's a freaking cemetry. And she was having a deep coversation with the quote-mysterious-unquote guy in a cemetry. What the fudge.

 

One word; disgusting. The food there are utterly disgusting. Yoona stares at both males sitting at the table. She can't understand how Sehun and Tao can eat the meal without puking in the process. "Why aren't you eating?" Sehun asks, poking her food, obviously, he wants her food. She pushes her plate toward the boy, the boy cheers happily. Tao groans, muttering 'pig' under his breath. 

"Hey! I heard that!" Sehun exclaims,"Good."Tao remain his stoic face while Sehun is sulking but manages to eat without leaving any leftover. 

"So what's the deal?"Sehun asks, Yoona tilts her head in confusion,"Translation: Why are you here? You look pretty decent."Tao interjects. 

Yoona fidgets her fingers in her seat,"I- I was diagnosed with schizo." Head hung low, she is afraid of their responses and she is afraid if they leave her. Like everyone did. She didn't want to be left alone. It feels like she's always being watched and that thing, is just waiting for the right time to pounce on her. She shudders at the thought of the thing.

What happened next made her confused. Sehun and Tao laughed, they freaking laughed.

"This is a pretty light case for me."Tao said, offering a smile. Creepy... considering it's Tao who smirked 24/7. 

"Believe it or not, there are other people here with much more severe cases." Sehun said, giggling. Yoona nodded and take a note of Sehun's odd behaviour.  "Well, how about you?" she asks, curiousity kicks in. 

"Saying this myself is awkward but I'm bipolar. It's getting better, am I right panda?" Sehun said, tugging at Tao's sleeve. Well, that did explain his rainbow hair. She turned to Tao. 

"I'm a suicidal." He shrugged. She didn't expect all of those, they look normal. 

"You aren't quite a talker right." Sehun waited for Yoona's answer. 

"That's not even a question Sehun."

"You're dumb. It is a question! Right Yoona?"

Yoona chuckles watching both of the guy's act. They're so childish and immature, no one would notice that they're like that.

"Oh my god. How did I got stuck with an idiot." Tao groans dramatically, palming his face.

"You're such a diva, hyung." Sehun giggles.

Yoona observes the cafeteria, her eyes settle on a specific male. Luhan. To her surprise, he, too is staring at her intently.

No. It isn't Luhan who stares at her. It is that thing lurks in the darkness that made her come here. It is different from the last time, it is charcoal gray instead of light gray smoke. Does this mean, it is more dangerous than the last one? Yoona gulped. 

Luhan take a look at Yoona. She looks uncomfortable. What- he suddenly feels the chill running in his spine, he turns around, eyes widen. It's here. The smoke covered a quarter of the cafeteria but retreats. Luhan scrunches her forehead. It becomes smaller and smaller until it is out of sight. He looks at Yoona who is gaping. 

Can he/ she see it?

 

Two days passed, then three and a week passed. Not a word spoken from Luhan's pretty mouth. Yoona needs to confront him about the last event happened. She must because she is absolutey sure, Luhan can see it too. 

"Why are you staring like you're going to eat him?" Sehun whispers in her ear. Yoona gasped,"Too close, Sehunnie." She pushes his cheek, the guy chuckles and skips around giddily,"Yoona and Luhan sitting in a tree, k-i-s-s-i-n-g~" Sehun song.

Tao groans for the countless time of the day,"Oh mother of God, shut up Hun. He's in his episode thingy. Don't mind him." Yonna shrugs. 

There's this quote, you don't know a person until you actually live with him. Tell you what, that quote is damn true. In the span of a week, she grew closer with them. She had seen Sehun mixed episodes, like that time when Sehun was too depressed to even move his muscles then he went ape in the dorm, flipping everything he saw. Then, he went all jolly and rainbow and unicorns. Creepy. 

And Tao.... that guy seriously needs to open up. He is hiding under his cold mask. Well, that won't work on Yoona, she is a pretty good observer. There were times when Tao would cry himself to sleep and Yoona would go and comfort the guy and of course she knows her boundaries. That's what made the school call them the trio. 

She excuses herself to the library, of course after hearing loads of whining from Sehun "Why would you go to library, it's late night already!" he ended it with a pout, which she thought cute because it shows that he cared for her. 

The walk is eerily quiet, fortunately the distance from the dorm and the library isn't as far. She is doing some last minute research for her History assignments (yes, they did study normally). "Where should I start?" mumbling quietly as she stares the books in front of her. 

The table is loaded with books. Her gaze falls on a certain old book with leather cover. A flower shaped cloth was patched on the cover, it is indeed pretty. Her slender fingers trace the flower and she felt zap on the tip of her fingers. She pulls away. What the heck was that? She feels uneasy but resume to untie the journal. The pages were worn out and turned yellowish. That proves the fact it was old. There were unknown writing written in each pages. Is it traditional chinese? No. This got to be older than that. She didn't understand a thing but the sketch in the last page made her choked.

It's me.... She traced the girl's feature, her high cheekbones, her long lashes, her eyes. It's like they're somekind of identical twin. She looked at the sketcher's signature. It is written neatly and closely, it read as luyoon? Why does that make her feel lighthearted?

She grabs her stuff to get Sehun since Sehun is the longest staying here, he might knew something. As she put the books in their place, the light suddenly goes off. Smoke had occupied the library. Yoona is beyond terrified. She sees a source of light in the waiting spot, she coughed nonstop, the smoke irritates he oesophagus. One hand covering her nose and mouth as she crawls to the spot to found fire spreading furiously from corner to corner. Rack to rack. Oh no, she's stuck and she is going to die. And all she could think about is Luhan. 

"Luhan... Luhan..." she whispers for him, the smoke are burning her eyes. 

 

She is aware of her surrounding despite being weak. Is she dizzy enough to feel like she is floating? Yeah, maybe because her head feels like it was hit by a truck. She struggles to open her eyes, and she did. Her arms wrapped around his neck as he is carrying her bridal style. A soft smile tugs on her lips until she saw- a pair of black  feathery wings. Then it clicked, she is floating in midair.  Oh my god. 

A couple seconds later, they safely landed on the ground and Luhan put her on the ground gently, he kneel down and locked their eyes,"You okay?" 

The wings are still visible in her eyes. There are black sparkles around him. It made him more dashing than he already is. She sits up and reaches out to touch them. Luhan chuckles and gives her access to touch his wings. They are soft and "Beautiful.." she said lowly. His eyes fixed on her,"I mean, you're always beautiful but this- this is breath-taking."

"Aren't you afraid?" he asks, afraid of her answer and the possibility of her leaving him is high. 

"At first, yes. But then, no." she answers calmly. She did freaked out at first. Who won't? Luhan sighs in relief. "What are you Luhan?" 

"You should know better." Luhan smiles as he brushes Yoona's bang. And of course, fate won't give them their sweet time together. 

"LUHAN! YOONA!" A familiar panicky voice called, along with him is Tao. 

"What the fu- I mean, what happened?!" Sehun asks, "My poor baby c'mere." Sehun cradles her head in his arms. Oh Sehun and his motherly figure. Worst combination ever, I tell you. Tao shook his head, breaking Sehun tight hug with Yoona, Sehun glares at him. Yoona inhales large quantity of air. 

"She's suffocating." Tao shrugs. 

"They're here." Luhan said, clearly lost in his own thoughts. 

"Define they, Luhan." Tao asks sternly, his eyebrows pinched together. While Sehun, even after Tao warned him to not go near Yoona, he disobeys him and went to Yoona to give a comforting hug. She relaxed in Sehun's embrace. Her eyelids felt heavy, soon she drifts to dreamland. 

"They as in The Elders or did you lost your memory Zitao?"Luhan asks, giving him a deadly glare. 

Tao hissed, his violet eyes turned darker shade,"Don't call me that." 

"I'm going to tuck her in." Sehun announced as he spreads out his wings, they are pale white and  just like Luhan, there are glitters around him. If only Yoona could see him, she would have thought he's a real angel. Unfortunately, he's the opposite. He's a fallen angel. Sehun flies to their room with Yoona in his arms. He landed with a soft thud, he tucks Yoona in her bed and gave her one last glance before he flies to the boys. 

"Did you guys decide, what to do with her?" Sehun asks carefully as he entered Luhan's room. He took a seat on Luhan's bed. As Tao and Luhan sat on the couch. 

"Yeah, but we aren't sure if it's safe. For all we know, they are following her. They will be able to trace her, no matter where we hide her." Luhan sighs.

"We can use spell on her. Sure it won't last forever, but for the time being, it will be useful."Tao suggested, "I know a witch that is willing to help." 

 

The boys told her of what they are but they aren't being specific. All she knows is, she have to leave to somewhere unknown in two days. She can't believe all of this happened in span of two weeks. Heck, she didn't even imagine her life would be turned upside down upon entering the school. 

Yoona spent her second last day with Sehun and Tao. It didn't feel awkward at all. Sehun being his bipolar self and Tao.. being Tao. All in all, it was great. 

Her last day is with Luhan,  "I want to show you something." was all he said.

They walked side by side towards the cemetry- the place where they first met. Their hands touched as they walk. Yoona is tempted to hold his hand, like he can read her mind, he grabbed her hands. Immediately, warmth spreads. Tingles shots from all parts of her body. Butterflies let loose in her stomach. His words replayed in her mind, "I beg to differ. Love- it makes us blind. As cliche as it sound. You don't care the consequences of being in love with other creature, as long as the feeling is there. The warm, comfortable feeling where you're just completely satisfied with life and you don't have a care in the world. Don't you think we all deserve that?"

Yes. We all deserve to love and to be loved. 

"You can read minds too?" Yoona asks breaking the silence. 

"Nope. Just yours." He said, stressing the 'nope'. Even if it's a joke, heat crept up to her cheeks. They walked further in the woods. Soon they arrived by a lake. 

"What, you're bringing me for midnight swim?" Yoona ended her question with a chuckle. Luhan grinned,"Nah, let's just enjoy the scenery." 

Both of the sat on the big rocks, she brought her knees nearer to herself. Noticing that she is cold, Luhan moved nearer and draped his arms over Yoona's petite body. Yoona is speechless, she outlined the boy's features. He is flawless. He caught her staring. He smiles, he leans in and pecks her forehead,"I'll miss you." he said, against her forehead. Yoona felt fuzzy inside and frustrated at the same time because she remembered. She had to leave tomorrow.

 

The four of them leave at dawn. She had to go as soon as possible. On that very day, instead of walking, the are flying. So that they can reach there earlier. Besides they need to put a spell on Yoona first before she's taking off.

For the first time, she sees Sehun's and Tao's wings. If Luhan is beautiful and tough, Sehun and Tao are more of innocent kind of pretty? Yeah that's it. Sehun's pale white and Tao is pale pink with soft pink glitters, he almost looked like a butterfly and shockingly, it suit him very much. 

They landed at an empty field, Yoona spots a small helicopter, enough for two person, "I've been waiting for you my brother!"  

"Kris hyung!" Sehun squeals like a fan girl. "Not you, idiot. Tao c'mere." Kris guy motioned Tao to come to him. Tao walked up to him and they gave each other a brotherly hugs. 

Wait- brothers? Wow, they are alike in a way. Especially the calling Sehun idiot part. 

"I know. It's complicated." Luhan whispers in her ears and she nodded in understanding. 

"And Luhan. Oh, she's a new face." Kris said, new face, as in Yoona. 

"Why won't you greet me hyung!!" Sehun whined. 

Tao shrugs,"She is the one I want you to put your spell on." 

"Of course, Yoona isn't it? It won't hurt, you'll feel slightly lightheaded and nauseous but theywill be gone in seconds." Kris said as he held her hands, he asked her to close her eyes. He muttered few words, and that nausea hit her like a wave. Headache follows after that. Just like Kris said, in seconds, all of them are gone. She feels- normal. 

"I'm okay." Yoona announced, scanning the faces infront of her. She is going to miss them. Very much. 

"Your ride is ready. We'll be leaving in five." The pilot said through the window. 

"This is it." Yoona forced a chuckle. Sehun attacks her with a bear hug. "I'll ing miss you, Yoon!" She smacks his head,"That's for using vulgar word, and I'll miss you too Sehunnie." She tightened her grips around Sehun and let go. Five minutes is too short. She at least need a forever to say goodbye to these three men upon her. 

"Tao tao!" She ran into Tao's arms. Tao felt like her brother and words aren't needed between them. Just a little action shows everything.

"Two minutes!" 

Tao released her and she walks to Luhan. Luhan smiles. How can he smile at times like this? Tears almost fell from her eyes, "Ask me to not go, Luhan. Please..." she begged as she snuggles closer to Luhan. He buried his head in the crook of Yoona's neck. 

"You know, that's impossible, Yoon." He said her nickname. Yoona have nothing to say after that, if that's what Luhan wanted, then be it. 

"One minute!" That's her cue, she had to go. Releasing Luhan is the hardest thing she ever did in her life. Slowly, she walked to the helicopter, with the help of the pilot, she got in. Her eyes didn't left the boys who wave her goodbyes. She turns her face infront, she couldn't bear seeing them sending her off. Most important, she didn't want them seeing her cry. 

The helicopter, moves up steadily. Yoona is looking down at the boys figures who are getting smaller and smaller. She sighs, not knowing when they'll meet again. It never hurt to hope right?

Luhan looked up, watching the helicopter goes. It pained him to no end. Even if she's alive, they're still separated. How can life be so cruel? But he still has hope with him. And hopefully, they will meet soon enough.

 

Till we meet again, love.  

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


 

 

A/N: Hi, I know most of you will be all confused kitty cat because I- the author of the story is confused too. 

Like I don't want this to be too long. So I decided to cut it short. 

Maybe I'll make a sequel? Nah idk yet. But if I do make one, I'll explain everything in there ^^

Comments and upvotes are loved <333