1/1

Fried Chicken makes Everything Better.

hey yall, i know that i should be writing "Adventures of the SM Highschool Student Council", but I'm currently planning the next few chapters, and besides, my exams are about to start, and didnt want to start another chapter before then because it would haunt me like the ghosts of my old fanficitons (if you ever read this, ciara, i am so freakin sorry, like i cannot express for sorry i am, because i know how you feel now.) so yeah, sorry! D:

if you wanna know which dance move im talking about, see the gif from boyfriends "IYAH" in the forword

but anyway, enjoy!


I was a normal day in the SM dance studio, the 12 boys of exo rehearsing yet another new song to be released in a few months time. Rivlets of sweat ran down their foreheads, and nothing in their minds but getting each piece of choreograohy perfect.

All but one, that is.

The youngest and (arguably) the most mischievous member, Sehun, was having a little trouble staying focused, especially when it came to that part.


When the dance had first been introduced to the boys, instead of the normal choreographer hyung dancing on his own, he had an assistant. They had brushed this off to begin with, but the reason for it had become apparent as the song wore on; there were partner parts.

The usual pairings naturally gravitated towards each other, all wearing matching grins and bodies intertwining, with arms around each others waists and fingers threaded. Even at that moment their manager hyung had begun to sweat; he knew it was going to be a long couple of months fighting to keep the boys away from one another.


Fast forward a couple of weeks since then, and slowly but surely each boy had picked up the choreography to near perfection (even the resident awkward dancers Chen and Kris managed to get it relatively quickly) and they were having a few final run-throughs before going back to the dorms and crashing for a few hours. They had an incident almost every couple of hours, like clockwork, though the boys denied it was anything but coincidence. Never the less, the two staff in the room were coming to their wits end, trying to handle the 12 mischievous boys.

 Their manager-hyung was sitting on a couch near the door, lap filled with papers. It had been a few hours since the last incident, and it seemed as though the boys were done causing trouble. he had decided to catch up on some paperwork while the boys practiced, in celebration of them finally maturing.

That was, until, the groups Maknae decided to strike.


His partner was his beloved Luhan hyung, and being so close to the sunny deer without being allowed to cuddle him silly was killing him. Sehun knew that he wouldn’t be able to hold on for long.

They turned and twisted around each other as the choreography dictated, each move clear and sharp as it was performed by the professional boys. Luhans face was contorted with concentration, as most of their faces were, as he maneuverer through the intriquaite moves, body flowing with the music like he was built to dance.

Sehun watched him silently, an endeared smile on his face as he watched his love dance like his life depended on it, the sheer passion and determination echoing in each move of his hips. They came to a particularly difficult move, where they needed to hold each other upwards and like second nature they did so, not a cell in their bodies doubting the others abilities. Sehun spun his beloved partner around, and then came the chest pump, meant to simulate breathing, with the taller curled around the smaller. Their arms executed the move in unison, and when that’s when it happened.


The younger could stand it no longer, and instead of spinning away, he closed his arms around his older sinking into a warm hug. Luhan, broken out of his concentrated daze, giggled and sunk into the hug whilst complaining.

“hunnie….we’re at rehearsals…… this is not the time for this..” he whined.

“then why aren’t you fighting me?” he whispered, breath brushing against his deers ear and neck, making him weak at the knees.

“I,I,I,I, screw you, Hunnie.” He grinned, snuggling into his bubble-tea-addicted beaus arms. By this point, Choreographer-hyung had noticed and turned off the music, causing everyone to protest noisly. It didn’t help that Sehun and Luhan were the centers of this particular formation, thus making their lapse in focus clear for all to see.


This garnered mixed responses from their members ; some rolling their eyes from the cheesiness and some smiling with happieness in their friends joy.

“how come YOUR never romantic, huh, Yeollie?” Baekhyun nagged, tugging his giants arms into the same position the hunhan couple found themselves. The wide eared rapper squeezed his little love, pecking his cheek cheerfully.

“never romantic? What about the bouquet of roses I brought back to the dorms the other week?”  the eyelinered-vocalist broke from his boyfriends arms, spinning around and poking the tall boy accusingly in the chest,

“and then you proceeded to complain about how expensive they were for the next 4 hours! Come on, Yeollie, cant you be alittle more like our hunnie once in a while?” he stalked off in the direction of where they had all dumped their bags, presumably to fish for his phone or a bottle of water. His gigantic companion went to follow him, only to make acquaintance with the floor before taking a proper step, shoelaces tied with quadruple knots.

He could only manage a high pitched whimper, and Baekhyun instantly rushed to his side, helping him up and giving him a gentle kiss on the nose to ease his pain.

“really, Chen? Was that necessary?” The more than slightly ticked off singer seethed, his target cuddling Xiumin from behind for cover whilst giggling.

“yep. No regrets.”Chen snickered. Xiumin boredly petted his troll as best he could, sipping on a bottle of water while absent-mindedly flicking through some of their selcas and shots of them together he had saved over the internet. He was used to his dancing machine pissing off the other members, and was more than content acting as his human shield if it meant that Chen wouldn’t be torn to pieces for breaking a moment or taking a bite out of someone else’s cake.


“GUYS WHAT THE HELL WE ARE SUPPOSED TO BE REHERSING!” unlike the rest of the boys, Kris had been so caught up in the choreography that he hadn’t noticed hunhans lapse until that moment, fuming that they had ruined his until then perfect run-through.

“COME ON THAT’S THE ONLY TIME I WAS DOING IT PERFECT, I HADNT MADE ANY MISTAKES UNTIL YOU HAD TO –“ “Duizhang, leave them be, I think its sweet.” Tao cut smoothly into what was becoming a full blown rant, curling his arm around the elder boys waist and feeling him physically deflating.

“okay. Just this once.” He huffed, but pulled the panda boy in closer, pecking his forehead.


Full blown arguments had exploded between Baekhyun and Chen who were hurling obscenities at eachother, their partners looking bored and holding their feisty vocals back from each other. Taoris and hunhan were caught up in eachothers embrace, foreheads touching and nothing existing in their worlds but each other. Kaisoo, on the other hand, had retired to a corner were D.O was blushing bright red and sitting stiffly between Kais legs as the former boy ran his fingers through his favourite hyung miraculously still soft brown hair. (A/N he has a sensitive scalp guys, im not being obscene ! )

And Manager-hyung and Choreography hyung, you ask? Huddling together in a corner, having a simultaneous mental breakdown.


“What in the name of all that is beautiful happened here?” Suho murmured to himself, shaking his head good naturedly and taking his dazed unicorn by the hand, leading him towards the door (not before making a pit-stop at his bag, collecting his phone and wallet).

“Come on, Lay honey, lets buy the morons some food, they’ll all be hungry once their done….doing whatever.” Lay didn’t really know what was going on, but he was okay going anywhere if Suho had him by the hand and took him there.


“We have fried chicken! Come on, Lay dear, into the dance studio.” Suho called when they returned arms filled with delicious smelling plastic bags, and all activities stopped.

Baekhyun stop mauling on Chens Leg, their respective partners trying to pry them away from one another.

Kris and Tao broke apart from what was getting to be a very heated makeout session, faces flushed and hair mussed.

Kai stopped tugging on his pouting D.O’s shirt, the accidental hair-knot pulling incident forgotten.

Sehun and Luhan slowly pulled away from where their foreheads had been leaning against one another earlier, slowly slipping back from their own little world back into the real one, where the smell of chicken had travelled around the room.

Even Manager-hyung and Choreographer-hyung had come out of their depression corner, enticed by the wonderful smell and the protest of their empty stomachs.

“Come on, guys. Dinners on me.”


And with that, order once again fell upon the SM Dance studio, the 12 boys of Exo (and two slightly distraught staff members) feasting happily on chicken whilst cuddling up with their loved ones.

It couldn’t get any better.


so what did yall think?

Just alittle background on why i decided to write this;

well today as i was typing up this little ficlet, i got a notification that aparently Arumdaun author of one of the single most hillarious things i have ever read "Office Antics" had posted another chapter  (and if your a fan of unfinished masterpeices you would totally love it, by the way) and when i excitedly went to look for it instead of an update i found a letter bascily saying that Arumdaun was leaving ficdom and going to live her life, and while i support her in anyway, this kinda broke my heart, im not going to lie. and for those who follow "The Adventures of the SM Highschool Student Council" yall would know that Kimidori-San, Author of "clubrooms and weirdos" disappeared from the face of fanfiction and i cant find her anywhere too and i just feel like im losing somethings that i love ad i know its silly but damnit im sad okay.

ive written this as much for myself as you guys, as a reminder that the worlds that we create online exsist as an escape, and while the real world is good and all, sometimes during some periods of our lives we need to get away, and this is here for that purpose.

but thank you so much for reading, and if your reading this, Areumdaun and Kimidori-san, thank you for something you didnt even know you did, thank you for inspiring me, anf bringing me joy, and letting my into you world for a little while. i dont regret any moment i spent there, and i never will.

 and thank you for everyone who subs and reads and comments, you guys are amazing and i hope to create more worlds for you for a long time yet.

feel free to comment or drop me a line, lemmie know what you think!

til next time,

Strawberry-chan x