End

The Longest Train Ride Ever

It was winter break and everyone else seemed to be heading back home for the holidays. It wasn't a part of my plan though, I was counting on Minho to entertain me but he ditched me last minute because Taemin was coming over from Busan. Taemin is a high schooler he met online, which is weird. Minho isn't the sort of guy who uses technology (except for his phone) unless he is required to; so I was pretty taken aback when he told me about Taemin.

"But we can always hang out together? The three of us. The more the merrier!" I pleaded as Minho was busy chatting with Taemin about their itinerary for the next two weeks.

"No way Key, I am SO not letting you join us. He might freak out and never chat with me again!"

I smirked. Ah, so the mighty Choi Minho has a crush on Taemin. The internet can be pretty useful sometimes.

"You like him don't you?"

Minho almost fell out of his chair. I am so taking that as a yes.

"I thought you were into girls?" I as payback for ditching me.

"Who says the mighty Choi Minho cannot be into girls and guys? I am bi and I am proud of it!"

I scoffed. Minho and his competitiveness.

"I have to go, I might miss the train if I argue with you." I grabbed my bag and my luggage.

"Okay bye." Minho said, eyes still glued to the computer screen.

I rolled my eyes at his lack of response. What a betrayer! I should have bunked with Woohyun instead! Woohyun refused to talk to me for an entire week when I decided to share a room with Minho. So he ran off to stay with Sunggyu in his apartment.

 

I got to the station an hour later. As I expected, there were loads of people with their huge bags and luggage’s walking around; waiting for the train. I was smart enough to purchase the ticket online so I didn't have to get in line. Oh how I hate lining up.

The train was only to arrive in half an hour so I decided to relax in Starbucks. It was quite full, but I managed to find a seat in a corner after ordering my usual Americano. I sat down with a sigh and looked at my surroundings. A fairly young couple sipping their drinks while staring at each other, which had me rolling my eyes. The guy with messy brown hair seated next to them attracted my attention though. Maybe it was because of his lack of fashion sense, does he even know that tattered jeans are so very last season? And that T-shirt is so wrong with those jeans. Thank god I am not in the mood to play fashion police. He would have been arrested by now.

Anyway, he was busy jotting down something in his notebook while smiling like there was no tomorrow. I would have thought he was some sort of maniac if it wasn't for his innocent-looking face. Not that I think people who look creepy are only considered as maniacs, but the vibe he emitted was pure. So I did not think much about it.

I finished my Americano and left the cafe in a hurry since there was only ten minutes left. The train was already there and everyone was rushing in including me. I got to my seat after placing my luggage at a side. I was secretly hoping that no one was occupying the seat next to mine because I was not the type to engage in a conversation with strangers. I would rather be alone with my fashion magazine and my phone, since I have downloaded the latest episode of ‘The America’s Next Top Model’.

To my dismay, the guy who I just dissed earlier because of his lack of fashion sense approached me. Great, this is known as karma; right?

“Mind if I take a seat next to yours?” He asked with that awfully bright smile of his.

I replied him sarcastically. “Since you paid for it, I have no right to say anything anyway.”

He smirked and sat down casually, placing his haversack on his right. I decided to ignore him and proceeded to flip the fashion magazine that was lying on my lap.

 

“What’s your name?”

“Key.”

“No, your real name.”

“Why do you wanna know?”

“Just because.”

God, I have no idea why I am answering all of his questions when I could have just ignored the guy. But somehow words kept spilling out of my mouth inadvertently.

I huffed a sigh. “It’s Kibum.”

“I like your name. Sounds cute.”

“Whatever, tons of people in Korea has the same name.”

“I bet no one in this phase of the earth has the same name as I do.” He smirked while looking at me attentively.

“And what is that?”

“Lee Jinki.”

Okay, that is a really weird name. I just had to laugh. So I started bursting into laughter.

“Funny name right?”

Oh right, I was supposed to be annoyed by the guy. I shouldn’t start getting all chummy with him just because his name sounds funny. So I calmed myself down and merely shook my head.

“So, what do you like to do?”

“What do you mean?”

“I mean your hobby? The things you like to do for fun?”

I turned to him with a frown on my face. “Why are you asking me all of this anyway? If this is your way of flirting with me, I don’t think its working.”

“I was going to, but I guess you won’t like me even if I did.” He pouted. God damn it, why does he have to look so cute when he pouts?

I groaned. “Fine, I like anything that has to do with fashion. I like to cook too sometimes…”

In the end I spilled out almost everything about myself to the stranger named Lee Jinki until it was my turn to get off the train.

“So, I guess this is… goodbye.” I said to him. Before I could say anything else, he stood up and shoved a card into my back pocket; which made me shiver because of how close he was.

“Can’t wait to hear from you soon, I wanna know if you would like the song I am going to write about you.” He whispered into my ear softly, leaving me dumbfounded.

Believe me; I got the shock of my life as I read the contents of the card.

Onew – Solo artist (SM Entertainment)

 

 

 

 

I have no idea what I just wrote okay.