Gone (Final)

His Letter

“Sehunnie~ wake up. We’re supposed to go out today.” Luhan said and pouting for the nth time. He sighed as the said boy won’t even open his eyes. He leaned to pepper light kisses all over the younger face in attempt to wake him up. “Hunnie. Wake up. Now.” He got frustrated but later smiled devilishly. He worked his way down and tickled Sehun’s waist. But Sehun still didn’t budge.

 

“YAH, OH SEHUN! WAKE UP NOW YOU SLEEPYHEAD!”

 

Luhan heard a muffled laughter and the next thing he knew, a pair of arms slipped around his waist and he was pulled on top of Sehun’s body. Sehun giggled and his soft lips greeted Luhan’s.

“WHOA THERE, BACK OFF KID! MORNING BREATH! MORNING BREATH!” Luhan pushed him away and stood up. “You were kissing me while I was asleep so what’s wrong with me returning the favor?” And there, he pulled his face again. Luhan hurriedly took his instant camera before capturing the moment. He laughed hysterically, saying Sehun looked ugly when he pulled his face when he just woke up.

 

“You know what, Luhan. You look uglier when you laughed.”

“OH SEHUN!!”

“Yehet.”

 

And so their morning consisted of Luhan yanking Sehun’s hair and Sehun screaming for forgiveness.

 

---

 

Sehun wore a soft blue buttoned-down shirt and a pair of skinny jeans. He looked extremely dazzling that day with his square blow-back hairstyle. Luhan on the other hand was wearing a graphic tee and a pair of skinny jeans just like Sehun.

Sehun grabbed Luhan’s camera and took a photo of them together before going out. They went to the theme park at evening, enjoying their time together and Luhan kept taking photos with his instant camera. Not that Sehun minded though. He actually thinks it’s cute because Luhan wanted to capture every moment of their lives.

And that reminded Sehun of something.

 

Luhan’s time is running out.

 

Sehun shrugged it off, not wanting to waste his time thinking about it when he supposed to cherish his moments with Luhan.

 

---

 

“Today was fun. But it was tiring! My feet hurt!” Luhan whined and Sehun raised his eyebrows, “Tiring? But it was you who suggested going to the theme park.” Luhan suddenly grinned and replied, “But I could do this everyday if it meant being with you forever.” Luhan pecked Sehun’s cheek and Sehun stared at him with amusement in his eyes.

 

“Forever?” Sehun snagged Luhan’s fingers with his.

“Forever.” Luhan sighed contently as he laid his head on Sehun’s shoulder while they were walking, hand in hand. As usual, they stopped walking for a while to take more pictures.

 

“Where are we going now?” Luhan asked.

“We are going to get bubble teas, of course!” Sehun chirped happily.

“Oh.”

“Hey, what’s with that response?”

“What do you want me to do then? Sing for you? Bubble bubble bubble pop! Bubble bubble pop pop!” Luhan sang and wiggled his in front of Sehun.

“Shut up Luhan! You’re embarrassing us! Ohmygod, stop it!” Sehun freaked out and Luhan started cracking up.

“Okay, okay. I’ll stop.”

“Are you high?”

“What?! How dare you?!”

 

Sehun ended up getting smacked by Luhan, AGAIN.

 

The sun was already down by the time they arrived at the bubble tea shop. Sehun ordered Chocolate flavor for himself and Taro flavor for his dear Luhan. Sehun decided to let Luhan pay since the elder insisted it and Luhan might smack him again if he refuses his offer. They sat facing each other, constantly joking and playfully hit each other. They stayed silent afterwards and enjoyed their own drinks.

 

 “Let’s meet again someday, Sehun-ah.” Luhan was the first one to break their silence.

“What do you mean by that?” Sehun looked up, frowning.

“Nothing. Can I have some?” Luhan suddenly asked, gesturing to Sehun’s chocolate bubble tea.

“Sure. Here you go.”

 

---

 

Luhan was sticking their polaroids on the wall when Sehun just finished his shower. He quickly wore his pajama and glanced to Luhan. “Are you done yet?” Luhan pouted and replied, “I look ugly! I just want to rip all these photos apart.” Sehun chuckled and made his way to Luhan before hugging him from behind. “You look just fine, Luhan. Why are you acting weird today?”

“N-no I’m not. Let’s just go to sleep okay?” Luhan gently pulled Sehun to their bed.

Sehun nodded and they cuddled before slowly falling asleep.

 

---

 

Sehun was sleeping peacefully beside a wide awake Luhan. Luhan turned to face Sehun and his eyes landed on the latter’s face. Sehun was calm; he looks pure and innocent when he’s asleep. His visage was at peace.

Luhan observed Sehun and brought one hand up to touch the younger’s face. Sehun stirred in his sleep as Luhan slowly Sehun’s eyelid, nose, jawline and lastly, his lips.

 

“What are you doing?” Sehun groggily asked.

 “Just loving you.” Luhan replied as he removed the strands of hair that fell on Sehun’s forehead .

“I love you.”

“I love you too.”

“Forever?”

 

Luhan was taken aback by Sehun’s sudden question. He gently patted Sehun’s cheek and said, “Go back to sleep.” Sehun nodded and slowly drifted back to dreamland. Luhan threw his hand over Sehun and hugged Sehun’s waist, making his cheek pressed softly against Sehun’s firm chest. He sobbed silently, letting warm tears falling down on Sehun’s shirt. Luhan snuggled closer as he whispered sweet nothings to Sehun. When he finally done, he sat up and calmed himself down. He hovered above Sehun and closed his eyes while he gently placed his lips onto Sehun’s.

 

“I’m sorry..”

 

---

 

The next day, Sehun woke up late at afternoon with a big smile on his face but instantly replaced by a frown when he realized Luhan was not beside him as usual. He thought maybe Luhan already woke up and making foods in the kitchen. But then he saw a letter on the nightstand, tucked nicely under the bedlamp. He took the letter and opened it carefully.

 

Sehunnie,

You’ve brought so much happiness in my life and I will never, ever forget you.
I will always love you no matter what happens.
For you – are my everything.

 

But I want you to understand one thing, we could never be together forever, no matter how much we both wanted it to happen. I’m dying, Sehun. My time is running out. And you know it too.
 

Hun-ah,
Promise me you’ll forget all of our memories.
Please.

 

Think of this as the fate breaking us up.
 

And,
Forgive me if this hurts you.

 

Forever loving you,
Luhan.

 

Sehun bit his lip, feeling terrified. “Luhan. If you’re trying to pull a prank on me, I’m telling you it’s not working.”

 

“Come out now, Luhan. There’s no need for you to hide anymore.”

“Luhan?”

“Lu- Luhan…”

 

His eyes scanned the room, hoping to find Luhan. But Luhan was nowhere to be found. His eyes stopped at an empty spot on the wall where all their polaroids used to be. He stared in silence. There was nothing there. No more polaroids, no more 'us', no more memories. His phone was ringing suddenly and he quickly answered it, not even bothered to see the caller’s ID.

 

“LUHAN, IS THAT YOU?! WHERE ARE YOU?!”

“A-actually Sehun, it’s Minseok.”

“O-oh. What’s up hyung?”

“Are you coming?”

“Where?”

“Luhan’s funeral..”

“Wha-” Sehun accidentally dropped his phone and he couldn’t even finish his sentence.

 

“N-no. It c-can’t be..”

“Hyung..”

 

Sehun’s body was shaking violently as he cried. He made his way to the closet beside the table and grabbed one of Luhan’s favorite shirt before his knees buckled and he fell down to the floor. His head accidentally hit the sharp edge of the table really hard. Bloods were dripping from his forehead but he couldn’t care any less. He buried his face on the shirt, inhaling the older’s scent for the last time. He started feeling dizzy and he managed to mutter some words before he finally collapsed, lying on the floor unconscious.

 

 “Let’s meet again someday, Luhan hyung.”