I've Figured It Out

Fall
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[Justin Bieber - "Fall"]

 

Enjoy.

 

 

Jessica kept her chin high, as she began her monotonous trip back to her house. Back to the corner of her unlit room, where she can cry all she wanted to, and not have to worry about the judgemental looks she'd get once she started. But until she reached her house, she was Jessica Jung. Strong, independent, and indifferent to trivial matters.

 

But she was already broken, and it made her blind
But she could never believe that love would ever treat her right

 

And when she entered her empty house, she let her gaze fall to the ground. Having done this routine over and over for the past month or so, she had no need to pay attention to where she was going. She just knew. She backed up into the usual corner, not forgetting to grab the half empty tissue box next to her bed, before slumping down the wall. The moment she sat down, the walls she put up for Jessica Jung crumbled, and Jung Sooyeon was left alone. The shy, curious, and sometimes bubbly girl, Jung Sooyeon, was left in the middle of the ruins, and had to resort to hiding behind another set of walls, which made up her room. No one bothered her there. No one could. But Taeyeon wanted to.

 

But did you know that I loved you? Or were you not aware?
You're the smile on my face
And I ain't going nowhere

 

Jessica was quiet, reserved, and glared at everyone. Everyone knew that. What they didn't know, was that Jessica was fragile too. But Taeyeon figured it out. While everyone else was busy with life, busy hitting on him after his and Jessica's breakup, Taeyeon herself was busy watching Jessica, making sure that she was okay. Of course, Jessica never noticed, but Taeyeon would silently follow Jessica to her house, so that she would be safe. Taeyeon was observative, she noticed the little details about Jessica. The changes in her facial expressions when she remembers something, how she raises her left eyebrow oh-so-slightly at the mention of her ex, how she bites the corners of her lips when she's focused. 

Her classmates didn't know, the teachers didn't know, even Jessica herself didn't know. But Taeyeon did. And it killed her one day, when she decided to be brave, and knock at Jessica's door, only to be met with silence. She sighed.

As she was about to turn around, she heard Jessica's voice, telling her the words she expected to hear.

"Go away."

But something caught her attention. Jessica was crying. Taeyeon immediately turned back around and replied, "Jessica... Are you okay? Please, I want to help you."

As there was no response, Taeyeon leaned against the door, hoping to hear the younger girl. She could hear faint sobs coming from the other side, and realized that that was her cue.

 

I'm here to make you happy, I'm here to see you smile
I've been wanting to tell you this for a long while

 

"I... I'm not going to judge you. To be honest I... I've been watching you. I think you're a wonderful person, and I know that it must be tough for you but... You don't have to, nor do you deserve to go through this by yourself. I just wanted to let you know that, although we're not exactly friends, I-I can help you. I'm here for you if you need someone to ta-"

The door flung open, making Taeyeon stumble into the figure on the other side. As Taeyeon regained her balance, she felt someone grab her shirt, pulling her in closer, and before Taeyeon knew it, the door was closed and locked again. She faced the girl in front of her, and realized she was still crying. The sight hurt Taeyeon immensely, and she slowly, and carefully wrapper her arms around the younger girl. Taeyeon tried to calm her down, telling her that it was okay, and patting Jessica's head with one hand. Once Jessica calmed down a bit, Taeyeon brought her to her couch, and sat them both down, never once losing contact.

"...Thank you..."

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter