Thoughts way too Vivid to be in Death

Rivals? Not anymore

Okay my lovelies :D I know I said there was going to be a part two, and there is, but this isn't the one you expected! I just love this so much that I decided to make a couple of memories leading up to the actual uh Queen. It'll all make sense in the 3rd and final part. And I promise it will be up way sooner than this was.

 

Oh. Jinki is Green when thinking in his head.

And Minho is Blue :D

 

 

 

Jinki sighed contently as the High-born's thin nibble fingers moved through his hair. It had taken weeks for him to finally allow Minho  to touch his hair, let alone actually take it out of the long braid it was always in.  The hair was soft as his court silks back home, and as dark as the deepest part of Moonlit Caverns where the light no longer reached. 

 

"Has it ever been cut?" Minho asked softly as he moved his fingers softly over the Dragon's forehead to pull the loose strands that had escaped back.

 

"Once." Was the soft reply.  Minho fumbled to grasp the hair that had fallen against his neck, and Jinki slightly shivered as the cool pads of the Elf's fingers brushed against his overly hot neck.  

 

He heard a breathy chuckle behind him and he almost wanted to turn around and glare, but he decided against it. He felt soft lips press against his neck, and almost too quiet whispered words against the skin, "I've never heard of a Dragon shivering."

 

 Jinki snorted. "You thought I ate still warm flesh. Doubt a simple, really normal, thing such as shivering would be taught." 

 

"I guess your right." Minho mumbled before going back to work collecting all the Dragon's hair.

 

He was silent after that, his fingers moving swiftly through the long locks. When Jinki felt him move from behind him and the heavy thud of his hair hitting his back he knew the high born was finished. Minho sat next to him, so close that their thighs brushed together. The Elf glanced over at the Dragon, but the much older creature was still staring contently down at the leather bound book in his lap. 

 

"Stop thinking about it." 

 

Minho's head snapped up, big eyes even larger as he stared at him. "You told me you wouldn't read my mind!"

 

Jinki closed his eyes as well as the cover of the book as he shook his head slowly. "I'm not." 

 

"Then how...?"

 

"Your ear twitches every time you are upset." Jinki explained, his black nailed finger tips coming up to run softly over the smooth shell of the Elf's ear. "What else would have you upset than It hmmm Little One?" 

 

Minho's shoulders slump as his head falls into his hands. His voice is muffled but Jinki hears him. He always hears him. " I don't want to lose you."

 

Jinki wraps his arm around the Elf and kissed his cheek. "You aren't. I'll be here. Somewhere. Probably making your life hell like I'm supposed to."

 

Minho looked up in what seemed like an attempt at a glare, but his eyes were soft and his lip was trembling and before either of them knew it he had his face pressed firmly into the Dragon's chest. "Don't make me do it." Was heard through the soft cries, and Jinki's throat clenched painfully as tears fell in the first time in centuries.

 

                        -------

 

Don't you dare Jinki. Not like the Dragon actually listened to the high born.

 

Don't do what Little One? This?  The Dragon tilted to the lift slightly, and Minho screamed; grasping wildly in front of him to hug a huge spike before him.

 

"JINKI!" Minho's shriek was high pitched and cut through the warm evening sky like ice.

 

But the Dragon was only amused. Have I let harm come to you yet Little One?" 

 

Minho grumbled, but his grip on the spike stayed the same. Jinki just mentally rolled his eyes and glanced back at him. His bright blue eyes could be seen through the fading sunlight. Can we go back to the Waterfall? 

 

Minho was pretty sure he could hear how hard Jinki's heart was beating as the one work answer rang through his mind. Yes.

 

 

 

 

                                                                                               ------

 

 

 

"Jinki." Came his soft voice one night curled up in bed.

 

"Yes Little One?"

 

The high born didn't speak for a moment, but when he did his eyes glanced up at him, "Can you tell me more about Kibum?"

 

The Dragon froze. His hand was no longer moving through Minho's hair. His lips no longer pressing soft kisses against his forehead. "I... I've never talked about him. What would you like to know?"

 

"Something simple. Like his favorite spell." 

 

Believe or not Jinki actually chuckled slightly. "Easy. Avare."

 

"Invisablitly?" Minho looked up wide eyed, pushed up on an elbow. "He could really do it?"

 

Jinki's lips curved up in a small smile. "Kibum was quite powerful. Didn't even need words. Just thought and it usually happened."

 

"Is that why he was paired with you?"

 

Jinki shook his head. "I was never meant to be the King of all Dragons Little One."

 

"How'd it happen then?"

 

Jinki's smile was sad then. "That's a story for another time."

 

                  

 

 

 

 

                                                                                                                        ------

 

 

 

 

 

"Were you meant to fall in love with him?"

 

Jinki paused in his movements before shaking out of his stupur and placing the book back on the shelf. "No."

 

"So it wasn't like a destiny type thing that you had to fall in love with the one you were paired with?" 

 

Jinki didn't look behind him, not at the really curious high born who never stopped asking questions. "No. Most didn't. There were strong ties between the two. You'd know if they were hurt, or about to die. You knew when they shouldn't cast another spell because their energy was too low, and you knew where they were compared to your location. They were the better half when it came to fighting. They had your back, you could guarentee it, and if needed give energy over so you could continue. You loved them, as one would someone you spend most of your time with. Training was hard, and not many pairs made it to be fully in sync. You cared for them, but not like I learned to care for Kibum."

 

"Do you.. do you care for me?"

 

The Dragon turned. Blue eyes bright in the dim light of the blue fire lit in various parts of the room. Hair flying around him and over his other shoulder as he stared hard at him. "I have a thing for falling in love with people I'm not supposed to."

 

"So.. you love me?" Minho asked quietly, almost a whisper.

 

Jinki has his head between his palms and his nose brushing against Minho's before either could say another word. His eyes flickered down to the Elf's lips for a moment before looking back into his chocolate brown eyes. He didn't say a word, just brushed their noses against one another for a moment before pressing their lips together. Minho felt the other's feelings, through his warm palms on his cheeks and his hot plush lips against his one. He felt it through the fast beating heart inside Jinki's chest as he pushed back.

 

But that didn't stop him from feeling weak in the knees the moment the words rushed out of the Dragon's wet lips. "Oh Little One. If you only knew how much I love you."

 

                        -------