Chapter 2

$100 & 9 Months
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Before we continue, let us go on a small field trip to the past.

Six months ago, Jaehyun, along with his friends were chilling at the club. Johnny had a set for the night, so he invited his friends to tag along, drinks on him. Nothing new to their friend group. Johnny would always invite them whenever he had some DJing gigs, and they would always tag along. So the 10 of them sat at the VIP table that was near the DJ Booth, watching the people enjoy their friend’s set on the dance floor.

On the other side of the club, Haeun was being literally dragged by her friends to go dance with her. Don’t get her wrong, Haeun loved going to the club. She, along with her two best friends, Jimin and Areum, would often frequent the clubs and bars around their uni. But unlike her two extremely extroverted friends, it takes Haeun a few drinks to really get warmed up. She would often start her night with a few bottles of beers and maybe a cocktail before really getting in the zone. So that’s why she was literally being dragged by Jimin and Areum to the dance floor, greeting pretty much everyone they saw on the way.

Jimin, Areum, and Haeun stood on the dance floor, the two dancing around Haeun cause she still refused to move. Until DJ Suh played a song even sober Haeun couldn’t resist. 

Everyone who knew Jimin and Haeun knew they LOVED the film Mamma Mia and ABBA. So when Dancing Queen or any other ABBA song played in the club they would dance to it. The three friends happily danced to the song and a couple more until they finally got tired. They walked to the empty VIP tables beside where Jaehyun and his friends were sitting, and ordered their first round of drinks.

“Hey!” A man who came up to them said. “You guys came!” They all greeted him with a beso, Haeun’s face not showing any emotions. “Of course we came, we’re here almost every weekend.” Jimin said, making Jackson laugh. 

Jackson Wang was the owner of the club the three friends frequented. He was friends with Jimin who introduced Areum and Haeun to him. “Yes, Haeun looks so happy to be here.” Jackson sarcastically said, making Haeun roll her eyes. Everyone knows Haeun has a permanent frown on her face. The expression on her face does not reflect her actual emotions. She could appear to be frowning, but is super happy on the inside. 

“Only here for the DJ,” Haeun smugly said. It was no secret nor shock to anyone that Haeun liked DJ Suh. He was exactly her type. Although she didn’t like him like that, Haeun was attracted to him. 

As the group continued to converse, the other table couldn’t help but listen to what they’re talking about. “Hyung,” Haechan said, calling the attention of Doyoung. “The girl at the back said she likes Johnny hyung.” He said, wiggling his eyebrows. The others who heard what Haechan said over the loud music all looked at the table behind Haechan. “Which one?” Yuta asked, and Haechan ever so discreetly pointed at Haeun.

“Hyung, I dare you to ask her out.” Haechan said, to Yuta who immediately shut down the idea. “Can’t I’m already courting someone, remember.” Mark joined in on the conversation and smacked Haechan when he was all caught up. “Ask her out on a dare? Really, Donghyuck, are you in High School?” Haechan laughed loudly at his best friend. “Yeah, harmless dare, she might say no anyway.”

The boys proceed in pointing fingers, each volunteering a different person in the group. “Come on, ₱5,000 from all of us to the person who’ll get her to say yes.” Yuta encouraged his friends with monetary incentive. “₱5,000 each??” Haechan asked, slightly considering it. “Pabo,” Yuta said. “₱5,000 from all of us, so ₱625 per person.” He explained, making the group interested.

At this point Johnny was already done with his set and is already with his friends. “So what exactly are the rules?” Johnny asked. “Simple, ask her out, go on a couple of dates, then end it.” A couple of them were actually considering it. ₱5,000 was no joke, and for a couple of dates with someone if she says yes, wasn’t so bad.

“I volunteer Jaehyun!” Jungwoo said. Jaehyun was just quietly listening to his friends, unable to protest when they all started cheering. “Yeah! You do it!” Johnny added. “Why me, you’re the one she likes?” He tried to defend himself. “Sorry, Ten and I are going steady right now.” Johnny reasoned. And with a little coaxing from his friends, Jaehyun agreed.

 

And that’s how this whole thing started. That very same night Jaehyun made his way towards Haeun and her friends, trying to get her attention. It was tough at first. For the majority of the night Haeun was either talking to someone else or on her phone. She really wasn’t paying attention to anyone other than her friends or the people who knew her friends. And although Jaehyun thought this whole thing was stupid and immature, his competitive side didn’t let him just give up. 

“Hey, Jackson!” Jaehyun called

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter