It's You!!!!

Starlighted Brigade

"Please join our band club." 

Eunji just stared at her in confusion.

"We need a lead guitarist and your playing skill is just what we need!" the girl repeated, and Eunji blinked in shock.

"Y-you're not mad?" She asked, and the girl shook her head. 

"We won't be if you join our band club!" the other girl said with a smile as she walked over to the two of them. Eunji took a step back.

"B-but, my skill probably isn't what you think it is. I haven't played the guitar in years...". The two girls shook their heads.

"We heard you playing. If you can play what you just played, we want you regardless of how long you've haven't played the guitar. "

Eunji bit her lip in denial. Joining this club sounds like it would be like fun... and besides, I could use some new friends since I'm new to this school... But would my mother like this? I guess not...

"I'm Lee Sohee and this is Park Miyeon. If you need time to think about this, we can give you till tomorrow to give us an answer. We really need a new lead guitarist because ours left since she was a Senior last year. And we are in big trouble because if we don't win this upcoming Winter Performance, our club will disband so that's why we really need you. No pressure." Lee Sohee said, and Eunji nodded her head slowly. 

"What's your name?" Miyeon asked.

"It's Eunji. Choi Eunji."

Miyeon smiled and nodded. Sohee gave a nod as well.

"Eunji, If you decide to join, we will be practicing here tomorrow after school. You can come here and we can give you a new guitar to use if you don't have one. Please consider joining though. Even if you only join for a month that's fine. We really need you." 

 

 

Joining a band club, huh?

Eunji walked over to the crosswalk and scratched her head thoughtfully as she waited for the light to change. In all of her life, she never thought she would have the opportunity to join something that she had always wanted to do. 

Just as the light changed to signal people to walk, Eunji then hurriedly stepped out onto the crosswalk. I can't be late or else mom will get mad at me...

Just as she was about to take another step, someone grabbed her hand and yanked her back, just as a car zoomed past where her body would have been. Bewildered, Eunji looked up to see a tall and handsome young man holding her protectively in a hug. 

"Ahh!" She said in embarrassment as she jumped backwards in surprise. The tall boy reached for her hand and led her to the other side of the crosswalk out of danger. 

"You're ok, right?" he asked, and Eunji just blinked. 

The boy had black hair and a tall but lean stature and was wearing the same school uniform that she also wore. Although his eyes were a bit intimidating, Eunji couldn't help but blush and nod shyly. 

"Ok. Be careful from now on." he said as he turned around and began walking off. Eunji nodded a little belatedly and shook her head back and forth furiously. 

What's wrong with me?! I'm not the type of girl to be nervous and shy like this. It must be because I almost got hit by that car. I didn't even tell him thank you!

Looking up, she spotted her savior disappear into a nearby market which made her frown. 

With her heart still beating furiously, she then began to briskly make her way to the train station. Maybe she will run into him tomorrow at school. 

 

 

After School the Next Day...

"So... Do you think the newbie will show up? Its already been like 10 minutes after school..." Park Miyeon asked hesitantly as she constantly looked at the door to see if anyone would enter. Lee Sohee looked up at the door as well.

"Don't worry. Whether she comes or not will be up to her. We can't decide that for her." she said calmly as she began to set up the instruments. 

"Leo, why are you so quiet today? Normally you say a few more words than this silence. Are you worried about the new band member as well?" Miyeon asked and Leo shrugged. 

"Like Sohee said, it's up to her whether or not she wants to join. It's not like we can force someone to join."

Miyeon nodded and frowned.

"Let's practice in the meantime. We might as well do something productive while we wait." Sohee said as she picked up her guitar. Miyeon nodded and walked over to her drum set. Leo nodded as well and picked up his guitar. Just as he was about to turn around, the opening of the door caught his eye.

"Oh!" he said, and the rest of s turned around.

"I'm sorry i'm a bit late... Can I still join?" Eunji said timidly as she poked her head into the bandroom. Miyeon jumped up in excitement.

"Yes!!! Yes you can! Come! We were about to start our rehearsal!" she exclaimed as she dragged a bewildered Eunji to where the rest of the members were. Eunji smiled and bowed slightly to everyone that was present. 

"Thank you for letting me still join." she said. Sohee smiled and nodded. She then pointed at the person standing next to her which made Eunji's smile fade as she recognized who Sohee was pointing at.

"This right here is Leo. He may be quiet, but once you get to know him he's a bit more talkative." Sohee said with a knowing smile.

"Its you!!!" Eunji exclaimed as she looked at him in shock. Leo's eyes widened as he recognized her as well. 

"Oh, and it's you too." he said softly, and his band members turned to look at him curiously.

"Huh?" Miyeon said in confusion.

"Thank you for saving me yesterday! I forgot to thank you!" she said as she gave him a deep bow. Leo scratched his head in embarrassment.

"It was nothing. Just be careful next time." he said, and Eunji bashfully nodded. 

Miyeon and Sohee looked at each other and shrugged, leaving the atmosphere a little bit awkward. Finally, Sohee broke the silence.

"Alright! We were going to run through this song, do you think you can keep up?" Sohee said as she walked over and handed Eunji a piece of paper and a guitar. Eunji scanned the sheet music and nodded. 

"I think so. If not, I'll just play what I can and practice what I can't." Eunji said as she pulled the guitar strap over her head. Sohee nodded.

"Alright! Sounds good to me! Thanks for deciding to join." she said as she walked over to where she was standing before.

"You can stand next to Leo. That's where our old lead guitarist used to stand." Sohee said, and Eunji hesitantly walked over to where Leo was standing. Taking a deep breath, she then tried her best not to look at him. For some reason, he made her heart flutter every time she made eye contact with him. 

"Alright! Ready? 1-2-3-4!" Miyeon shouted and began the opening beats.

Eunji narrowed her eyes and gave it her all to focus on playing the correct notes that were on the music stand. The song was captivating enough so that she was able to sway to the beat easily and Leo's voice was something that she just couldn't explain. It was sweet but yet it had a rough edge to it that made it powerful and captivatingly irresistible. As soon as the last note was strung, Eunji felt the adrenaline fade and she looked nervously back at Sohee

"That was great for the first time." Sohee said in satisfaction, and Miyeon nodded vigorously.

"Yeah! You seem like a different person when you play the guitar! It's so cool!" she said with a smile. Eunji blushed. She wasn't used to getting this much attention. 

"Hey, but can you sing as well? I know you could from the way you sang the first time we heard you yesterday. You're voice sounded pretty good like it would match with Leo's. I know mine is incapable to matching his voice, so having another singer that can make harmonies with that guy over there would be another big accomplishment." Sohee said, and Eunji shrugged.

"I can sing decently, but I'm not sure if mine could be able to match Leo's voice..." she said worriedly. Sohee nodded and turned to Leo. 

"Try sing a note and Eunji, try match it..." 

Leo gave her a glare before singing a particular high note. Eunji frowned and sang a lower pitch. The two voices fit together perfectly. Miyeon's eyes widened in surprise.

"Wow! That sounded so pretty!" 

Eunji stopped singing and looked at Leo who's face remained expressionless. 

"Ok! Then It's decided! You can back up Leo during some parts to create a harmony! I think this will work out well." Sohee said, and Eunji nodded. 

"And since you two will be singing, I think you two should have your own practices together so you get to know each other better." Sohee said, and Eunji blinked and even Leo's turned to face Sohee in surprise. 

"What?!"

Sohee nodded. 

"I think you two should start practicing the lyrics a bit more. Miyeon and I should probably start heading home. I heard there was going to be maintenance on the roads today." Sohee said as she unplugged her guitar and headed for the door and Miyeon hurried to follow. 

"Thanks for deciding to join! Were going to be practicing again tomorrow after school so I guess see you then!" Sohee said as she dragged Miyeon out the door with her. Eunji gulped and turned to face Leo who's arms were crossed. His expression couldn't be read. 

Oh no... She thought worriedly as she began to feel nervous again. 

 

 

 

 

 

OK!!!!!! Finally got this updated! Sorry if its a bit choppy in some places, I'll try to fix up those spots when I can edit this (I kind of rushed through this so I could upload it by tonight). Thanks for reading! ^ ^